Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

So is anybody seeing Age of Extinction on opening day? I think I might.

I might, since my dad and grandpa usualy go to the movies mid-day on Fridays, and I'll be home 

I'm interested to see how much the screw up the dinobots and the Q's

I might, since my dad and grandpa usualy go to the movies mid-day on Fridays, and I'll be home

I'm interested to see how much the screw up the dinobots and the Q's

Well look on the bright side, at least there's no more Shia Labeouf.

Well look on the bright side, at least there's no more Shia Labeouf.

Instead you get Marky Mark without his Funky Bunch :lol:

actually, this will be my first transformers movie since the original, and I'm going for 4 reasons

1)Mark Walberg's character may actually be useful since he is an inventor, I mean we see sparkplug in the barn!

2)John Goodman as a cantankerous autobot ought to be fun, even if it seems his character is a mix of Bulkhead and Kup rather than being Hound

3)DINOBOTS!

4) they pretty much gave it away in the newest spot, so obviously the Quintessons ought to be interesting!

Plot details, BIG spoilers, beware.

- Lockdown assists in taking down Ratchet, apparently is allied with the KSI. Hired by the creators of the Cybertronians to bring back Optimus alive.

- Galvatron gains consciousness after all, and starts the drone uprising. 

- Stinger doesn't do much. 

- Dinobots don't talk and Grimlock doesn't get called by name. Dinobots only show up in the last act. Also, only Grimlock, Slug, Strafe and Scorn show up.

- Crosshairs is a "Wreckers-like asshole"

- Hound is, well, Hound.

- Drift is really a samurai stereotype. Calls Optimus "sensei"
- Brains shows up, plays a biiiig role with the drone army.

- Leadfoot has a cameo.

- Quintessons are seriously hinted at.

Some of the Generations figures revealed yesterday are fucking ball-breakingly good. Here's a handful.

Deluxe Class ARCEE!

Gen-Deluxe-Arcee-bot_1403381815.jpg

Voyager Class BRAINSTORM!

Gen-Voyager-Brainstrom-bot_1403381362.jp

Legends Class Sex Machine HARDSHELL!

Gen-Legends-Bombshell-bot_1403381112.jpg

OH GOD YES

That reminds me, Rise of the Dark Spark releases today.

So Age of Extinction might not be part of a new trilogy... in fact, there might not be a second trilogy!

Legends Class Sex Machine HARDSHELL!

Gen-Legends-Bombshell-bot_1403381112.jpg

OH GOD YES

Not sure how in scale this thing and Shrapnel/Skrapnel will be with my Masterpiece figures, but hot damn if it is and they make a Kickback later on (and if MP figures of these guys aren't already announced by then) I'll have to snag them.

A sneek peak of the 2015 Robots In Disguise cartoon will be shown on a July Forth marathon on The Hub.

If I would have to guess, it's going to air sometime during Predacons Rising or after it considering the series is going to be a sequel to Prime.

Can't wait to see it in action, I've been wondering what the animation is going to look like.

So Age of Extinction reviews are going up... and thus far the consensus seems to be "mindless, brainless, sexist crap". Given the last two movies, anyone who's suprised by this gets 0 points. Now the question is "is this crap better than ROTF?".

So far, Rotten Tomatoes gives it 16%. Worse than Revenge of the Fallen's 19...

Also, Seibertron's got a review up that contains spoilers, so be warned.

"Transformia"? I would've prefered "Cybertonium", but then it is a name made by fleshy Dumb Stubbies, so yeah.

Also, Galvatron being made to look like Prime but ending up resembling Megatron, the bots being made using code extracted from the dead Transformers (of which Megatron is included among) and saying something about being "reborn" in the end before flying off? Yeah, I think we all know where this is going.

And it had better turn out that the whole thing was a grand metaphor to say that Unicron exists, and he is us.

Eh, saw this coming from miles away. But believe me when I say that anything, anything is better than ROTF. That was as low as any film could go.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, as long as the movie gives me great action scenes and 3D and no bullshit in RoTF like the racist robots or the immature robot designs, then I can't find it worse than RoTF.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hot damn now it's score is even lower than ROTF. Still reserving my judgement till I see it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Come on, critics have to actually review the story instead of just action scenes. No duh the score is low. No one's going to watch it for the story though, just to see giant robots beat each other up with explosions.

Come on, critics have to actually review the story instead of just action scenes. No duh the score is low. No one's going to watch it for the story though, just to see giant robots beat each other up with explosions.

But see, the problem is that Transformers can't even get that much right. It's just crap exploding and shoving more crap onto the screen, like dangling keys in front of a baby. Action is an art in and of itself; Bay is, at best, a finger-painter.

• Thumbs Up 1

But see, the problem is that Transformers can't even get that much right. It's just crap exploding and shoving more crap onto the screen, like dangling keys in front of a baby. Action is an art in and of itself; Bay is, at best, a finger-painter.

Then actually read the reviews and what they have to say on the action scenes, because the score isn't going to tell you how the action scenes are. That number is just for the thing as a whole; story included. 

I'm just saying I have absolutely no faith in the action scenes as long as Bay's directing them, score or no. If the past movies are of any indication, then taking the action into account would've done nothing great for the score anyways.

And in any case, movies should be more than senseless action. Story and action are things that play off one another, the one doesn't exclude the other.

simon-cowell-reveal-finances-divorce-tri

How the hell did this happen.

Guess critics think it's time for this franchise to face it's age of extinction. *ba dum tssh*

Guess critics think it's time for this franchise to face it's age of extinction. *ba dum tssh*

That was terrible.

But seriously are people actually missing Shia NONONO LaBeouf? 

Oh gawd, now the RT rating's dropped to 13%!

Waaaaaait.

Are critics actually whining that the Transformers have a personality now? Or am I misunderstanding?

Why do I have a funny feeling these negative reviews are the critics trying their damned hardest to try and steer audiences away from the film and prevent it from being yet another huge box office juggernaut? :P

• Thumbs Up 5