Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

Lockdown looks very mean. Hopefully they get Lance Henriksen back to voice him, he was awesome in TFA.

I'm getting tired of waiting for the AOE toys. They're literally a few days away but GAWD I WANT CROSSHAIRS AND SCORN

THEY'RE EVEN MAKING A TOY OF THE DECEPTICON GARBAGE TRUCK FROM DOTM HOW TITS IS THAT

Meet the fifth Beatle sixth Dinobot.

Slog--card-says_1399545827.jpg

Slog AKA Sludge, the Apatosaurus! Soon to be getting a Voyager to (Dino)boot.

• Thumbs Up 1

V-V-V-V-VOICE ACTORS.

John Goodman is voicing Hound, Ken Watanabe is voicing Drift and Frank Welker is voicing Galvatron. 

Mark Ryan is voicing Lockdown.

John DiGODDAMNMaggio is voicing Crosshairs.

oh and ratcher and brains are confirmed to return. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Meet the fifth Beatle sixth Dinobot.

Slog--card-says_1399545827.jpg

Slog AKA Sludge, the Apatosaurus! Soon to be getting a Voyager to (Dino)boot.

Sixth, where are records of there being four others; besides last I recalled, there's only five dinobots.

Sixth, where are records of there being four others; besides last I recalled, there's only five dinobots.

Actualy, I believe that SkyLynx, and Tyranicon were counted amoung them 

Oh right. Snarl got revealed. 

Snarl_1399568341.jpg

think you could do a compilation/comparison pick between these and the classic versions? 

Also I do wish the original commander Skylynx would show up in the new cartoon as a rival to bumblebee for leadership, not that he's evil, just very egotistic, and competent

this guy

G1SkyLynx_toy.jpg

SkyLynx, a dinobot!? Since WHEN!?!?!?!?

SkyLynx, a dinobot!? Since WHEN!?!?!?!?

He is considered loosely related to them, especialy in the original series, there are 2 episodes that show him having a loose relationship with them, among other things, having a similar energy signature(which is also shared with Tyranicon, which is the episode in which this mentioned and he is questioned alongside the dinobots), and he is also partialy in the primitive class, shown by the episode in which he is summoned alongside the dinobots, Predacons, Terrorcons, and the other primitives 

He may have full intelligence, and be a full autobot, but he is also a partial primitive, and is loosely associated with the dinobots, although not one of their number, much like gen 1 Tyranicon

So that's Grimlock, Swoop, Slag, Snarl, Sludge, Scorn and Slash.

Who next? Susan? Stinky? Shit?

He is considered loosely related to them, especialy in the original series, there are 2 episodes that show him having a loose relationship with them, among other things, having a similar energy signature(which is also shared with Tyranicon, which is the episode in which this mentioned and he is questioned alongside the dinobots), and he is also partialy in the primitive class, shown by the episode in which he is summoned alongside the dinobots, Predacons, Terrorcons, and the other primitives 

He may have full intelligence, and be a full autobot, but he is also a partial primitive, and is loosely associated with the dinobots, although not one of their number, much like gen 1 Tyranicon

Didn't Sky Lynx himself refuse to be associated with the Dinobots? And I think "primitive" in that episode just meant "any Transformer who has an animal for their alt/robot mode". By this logic, Sky Lynx is not only a Dinobot, but also a Terrorcon, Mini Cassette, Predacon AND dinosaur-that-turns-into-a-city-yet-is-grossly-undersized-in-robot-mode.

Also, it's "Trypticon", and last I checked, dude was never associated with the Dinobots (nor the Preds for that matter).

Still, this does make me want more animal-mode-as-real-mode-type Transformers who aren't just dumb animals.

If Skylynx appears in that new cartoon it'll most likely be the Predacon version of him shown in TFPrime, considering it's the same continuity. 

Albeit I do wonder who are the antagonists. Galvatron? 

If Skylynx appears in that new cartoon it'll most likely be the Predacon version of him shown in TFPrime, considering it's the same continuity. 

Uhh, we're talking about the movies, NOT the tv shows.

Uhh, we're talking about the movies, NOT the tv shows.

Also I do wish the original commander Skylynx would show up in the new cartoon as a rival to bumblebee for leadership, 

Responding to this.

MeetSlugB__scaled_600.jpg

Pictured: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Slug

We've yet to see any film footage of Slug, but he's featured at multiple price points in the Age of Extinction toyline, so it seems likely that we'll see him in the film. One toy of Slug is paired with the Samurai Autobot Drift, so perhaps he'll be Drift's ride in the film just as Grimlock seems to be Optimus Prime's and Strafe would seem to be Bumblebee's. Slug transforms into a Triceratops, just as the character of the same name does in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and the Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters comic. That Slug was a rename of G1 Dinobot Slag, whose name is a demeaning term in the United Kingdom. IDW Comics have recently renamed their version of Slag for the same reason, and a previous Slag homage, Snarl of Transformers Animated fame, was given the name of one of the other G1 Dinobots to avoid using the offending term. The original Slag's official function was Dinobot Flamethrower, though he was usually not the only Dinobot to be capable of using fire breath. But since the dictionary definition of "slag" refers to a biproduct of molten metal, his name made a lot more sense

Oh come on! Just call him "Slag" again already!!

Responding to this.

Oh derp. SOrry 'bout that.

Oh come on! Just call him "Slag" again already!!

In the UK, using "Slag" as a name is not cool. At all. As in, it's not a name you'd want someone to call your sister (if you were British, that is) - it's basically akin to calling them "Slut".

That's why it's changed to Slug.

I knew that already. Just mourning the loss; shame they can't just censor it in the UK like they did with Animated.

But hey, customs are customs I guess. Maybe someday.....

Eh, it's not like you have to call them those names, they're just for merchandise purposes.

Some replacement names ARE better, though. (Jetfire, Hardshell, etc.)

Oh, I agree with those, but I liked the sound of Slag a lot better since I prefer "a" over "u" and don't really like slugs.

And wasn't Jetfire only called Skyfire for the Gen 1 show because of copyright issues at the time, yet still called Jetfire in the comics?

I'm not really sad by the Slug/Slag thing, I'm more concerned about why they couldn't use Swoop and instead introduced this Strafe guy.

I mean sure Strafe is cooler but.

So far as I know, the issue with Jetfire/Skyfire works like this:

The Jetfire toy and its commercial came (or at least was made) first, and had the (cooler looking IMO) Macross-style model. But then the whole issue with Takara came up (basically, since Bandai held the Valkyrie mold in Japan, where Takara was based, Takara didn't want Hasbro to give their rival free publicity via appearing in the cartoon - this is also why Roadbuster, Whirl and the Deluxe Insecticons were never in the cartoon), so as a result the show changed the model of Jetfire for the cartoon, and then renamed him "Skyfire".

Then when Jetfire appeared in the Marvel comics, he (for some reason - I don't think the comics were released in Japan?) retained the "Skyfire" model, but was still named Jetfire (though the Macross model did show up in a few blink-and-you'll-miss-it panels, as well as a German mini-comic where he was depicted as the Autobot leader and not Optimus Prime). From then on, future toys have alternated or combined the two models (such as the Classics and upcoming Generations figure, which use the Skyfire body but have a helmet that's styled after the Macross head) while the name "Skyfire" has almost become exclusively used for Japanese releases.

/essay

I'm not really sad by the Slug/Slag thing, I'm more concerned about why they couldn't use Swoop and instead introduced this Strafe guy.

I mean sure Strafe is cooler but.

Actually, I remember hearing some Hasbro guy said they named that particular Dinobot Strafe because of his different species to Swoop, and the whole two heads thing.

That may be a cover up for yet another copyright loss, but eh.

Hell yeah boi, truck-sized robot riding fire breathing robot T-Rex through a city while holding a sword.

I don't expect it to be good, but goddamn if I don't want to see this just for the sheer awesome.

• Thumbs Up 5