Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

So we got two new Masterpiece figures coming: Ironhide... and Optimus Primal!

1434766316_MPIronhide.jpg

1434774551_MPprimal3.JPG

Aside from that, there's also been Combiner Wars artwork of Bruticus at Botcon, and lineart of Blaster, some large space-shuttle Transformer and Fortress Maximus as well (images below). New toys, perhaps?

r_DSC09154.jpg

r_DSC09158.jpg

r_DSC09164.jpg

r_DSC09166.jpg

I've been WAITING for Masterpiece Beast Wars figs for SO LONG, so it's freaking spectacular to finally have them confirmed. FINALLY perfectly show-accurate Maximals and Predacons! ^_^

Now gimme Waspy. And Dinobot II if you're feeling generous. He'd look super wicked.

Looks cool, but I have to pass on masterpieces, way too much dough for me, and I'm on a tight budget currently, still hoping to get Leader class Ultra Magnus though

Woah, say hello to Voyager Skylynx (high def gallery http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-product-images-of-combiner-wars-reveals-from-hasbro-panel/33278/ )

r_DSC09470.jpgTc4oSCu.jpgeM5fcso.jpg

r_Combiner-Wars-Voyager-Skylynx-Beast.jpr_Combiner-Wars-Voyager-Skylynx-Vehicle.

Craziest part? He's a Silverbolt retool

Also, Wreckgar is coming!

r_Combiner-Wars-Legends-Wreckgar-Bot.jpg

r_Combiner-Wars-Legends-Wreckgar-Vehicle

New Bruticus

r_Combiner-Wars-Combiner-Bruticus.jpg

Something else cool

r_DSC09610.jpg

Still no look at Computron from what I've heard

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like they are seriously trying to milk out combiner wars, it's getting it's own Machinima made cartoon

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-transformers-animated-series-807464

Comic-Con: 'Transformers' Animated Series Coming to Machinima (Exclusive)

The series will be based on the 'Combiner Wars' toy line and comic books. 
  Courtesy of Hasbro

Advertisement 

   

The series will be based on the 'Combiner Wars' toy line and comic books.

The Transformers are coming to Machinima.

Hasbro, the toy company now play brand, has partnered with the online gamer and video platform to produce a new animated series based on its Transformers: Combiner Wars line.

Combiner Wars is a storyline that has been playing out across Hasbro’s toys and IDW comic books for the past year and the upcoming Activision video game Transformers: Devastation.

Insiders say it’s the first time these synergistic elements have been combined by Hasbro to tell an overall story.

Additionally, Habsro is creating something a segment of its large Transformers audience has been demanding for years: an animated series aimed at an older audience.

“Our audiences are huge fans of the toy, comics, movies and video games, and for us to continue the legend with the Combiner Wars is a unique story-telling opportunity,” said  Daniel Tibbets, Machinima's chief content officer.

Said Hasbro’s senior vp of the Transformers franchise, Tom Warner: “[Machinima is] the perfect partner to help launch a totally new kind of Transformers animation — one that, for the first time ever, is specifically designed for the teen and adult fans who’ve grown up loving the Transformers brand.”

Without going too deep into the complexities of the Transformers universe, Combiner Wars saw groups of Transformers interlock to form one giant robot, known as a Combiner. Superion and Menasor were among the new robots that held the fate of the Transformers’ home world, Cybertron, in their hands.

Also I'm so annoyed the game won't be on the wii-u :(

• 2 months later...

Ladies and gendlemen, meet Masterpiece Hot Rod V2:

Transformers News: Masterpiece Hot Rod Prototype Revealed

But fook Hot Rod. You know why?

Transformers News: Masterpiece Shockwave Revealed

FUGGIN' MASTERPIECE SHOCKWAVE YEE BOI

Huh, another Masterpiece Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime... Alright...

WHAT? MASTERPIECE SHOCKWAVE?! EEEEEEEEE-

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, this thread is pretty quiet, but doing some custom Transformers designs, so figured I'd ask for some thoughts from my fellow fans on a few parts I'm messing with. Also I still need to finish season one of ROD, but hey soon enough.

Ok, got 2 I'm working on, still on the alt forms, but one has a part that I need to figure out ahead of time. Going with crude base model style to get the look and proportioning down, and later on I may try more refined versions when I get more modeling knowledge. One of the defining things of one of my characters is a camera/projector unit, so I have three choices, which do you guys think will work better, cyclops(my least favorite choice, a handful of characters have it, but my character is on the more emotive side), attached head unit(think like Kopaka from Bionicles), or a seperate standalone shoulder unit. It's a central part of the bot I'm making so that's the challenge. Also this guy is a Aerial bot, as is most of the team I've had in my head for a while, though the other one I'm currently toying with is a little more interesting in concept even if I only have a cockpit and engines for now, and it's a fembot, and I think I'm going with the name SK-1S{Scones}(following the name is a designation style like Arcee). Still toying around with the name for the other, that's been something I've pondered for a while.

So yeah, any thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this is somewhat old, but Fortress Maximus is coming back, baby. As a Titan Class.

http://static.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1447419497_abddb048gw1exzlsmlhyyj20hg0au75u.jpg

Transformers News: Titans Return FORTESS MAXIMUS Titan Class Artwork Revealed!

And who's joining him? Powermaster Optimus Prime:

Transformers News: Upcoming 2016 Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime Official Product Images

And starting from November 24th over on the Transformers Facebook page, you can vote for who else becomes a Titan figure: Trypticon, Scorponok or Omega Supreme. Personally, I'm keen on either of the Decepticons, but fuck me if either of them win my wallet is gonna hemorrage between them, Unite Warriors Devy and MP Shockwave QAQ

Transformers News: Next Transformers Fan-Vote will be for a new Titan Class figure!

Aw man, I'd love old Tryppy, he's sweet, then again a new mold for  Omega supreme would be cool too

• 2 weeks later...

We have a winner:

Transformers News: Transformers Titan Class Fan-Vote Winner Announced

There truly is nothing that can stand in the way of Trypticon. With your votes, he smashed his way to becoming the next Generations Titans Return Titan Class toy. Mark your calendars, and look for him to hit shelves late 2017.

Welp. R.I.P. my wallet, t'was nice knowing you.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh sweet, I really hope Trypticon won't be that expensive since I once found Generations Metroplex on Amazon but he's almost 500 dollars. It also makes me wonder if he'll be about a big as the Generations Devastator figure... which I saw at a Toys R' Us but because I didn't have the money to buy him, he ended up vanishing! GGGGGAAAAAHHHHHH!

• 2 months later...

The Max is back, baby. Don't plan on picking him up (my budget and heart lies with the 'cons), but let's see if he can reclaim his title of Largest Transformers Toy Ever from Metroplex.

Transformers News: Titans Return Fortress Maximus Images

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2016 - Transformers Titans Return Fort Max Emissary and Cerebros Official Images

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2016 - Transformers Titans Return Fort Max Emissary and Cerebros Official Images

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Spin Attaxx said:

The Max is back, baby. Don't plan on picking him up (my budget and heart lies with the 'cons), but let's see if he can reclaim his title of Largest Transformers Toy Ever from Metroplex.

Transformers News: Titans Return Fortress Maximus Images

Is that the one from Robots in Disguise 2001?

No, it's the one from G1. The one from RID 2001 was a repaint of the G1 figure, though.

Metroplex VS Fortress Maximus! Place your bets! Who's bigger?!

The Toy Fair 2016 Transformers as a whole... they look pretty damn awesome.

6 hours ago, Spin Attaxx said:

No, it's the one from G1. The one from RID 2001 was a repaint of the G1 figure, though.

Oh I see. The only version of Fortress Maximus I was ever familiar with was RID 2001. I never got into Gen 1.

I consider myself an on-again-off-again Transformers fan. Most of my investment is in the old G1 cartoon...which I bought the first season of mostly because I wanted to get myself something a little different from the usual stuff I get.

I found myself really enjoying it, so I got the rest of the sets, though season 2, volume 2 took a bit long...mostly because I was lazy. By the time I got it, it was the 30th Anniversary repackaging, so it kinda sticks out from the rest of the sets, which are the 25th Anniversary releases. Just need Transformers: The Movie, and it'll be complete...unless I choose to get the Japanese collection.

However, it wasn't my first Transformers series. My first one was Transformers Armada. Loved it as a kid, and I'd like to get the DVD set to relive the memories. I actually got a Unicron for Christmas; it was awesome. I wonder where he went...

I've also thought about getting Beast Wars, since that's apparently the gold standard for the franchise? Seems interesting enough.

One thing's for sure, though; keep me as far away from Kiss Players as humanly possible. That thing is...an abomination, to put it so very kindly.

• Thumbs Up 2