Awoo.

Abortion

The Conductor

Party all about small government comes up with loads of ideas that stink of big government on a scale that even Obama can't match.

How can that shit compute?

• Thumbs Up 4

Small goverment in politician speak generally means "cut the shit I want cut" which may or may not grow government on its own or accompany growth in other areas. It's purposeful cognitive dissonance that they hope their base doesn't look so hard into.

Ok, time for me to weigh in...

It's deplorable the Christian right couch their anti-abortion arguments in the erroneous belief of life beginning at conception (In fact, Leviticus 17:11 states: "For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul."* If any of you have watched CSI: you'll know that blood doesn't technically form in the embryo until 4-5 weeks of gestation). As for fetal viability, while 22 weeks of gestation is the earliest viable age in the UK, one must also consider that 50% of fetuses born at that time do not survive.

In any case, I'm personally a supporter of upholding Roe v. Wade and oppose any restrictions imposed on abortions, primarily because it is my belief that only the woman concerned has right to decide what her body is subjected to, not the state.

At the end of the Day to me Abortion is and should be the carriers decision, not some religious moral uppity arse douchebags who have the brains of caveman.dry.png

Abortion. I've some views about sentience and how many fetuses are rejected naturally. I've said that if every fetus was counted as a person then there wouldn't be enough surface on Earth to make room for all the graves.

But ultimately I know I'm not wise enough to make the choice. That's why the choice should belong solely to the person the choice concerns. You're free to give her advice, to help her gauge her options fairly, but ultimately it's her choice and you've no right to take it away from her.

Grumpy out.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 2

Abortion. I've some views about sentience and how many fetuses are rejected naturally. I've said that if every fetus was counted as a person then there wouldn't be enough surface on Earth to make room for all the graves.

True but it dosen't hurt the carrier any less.unsure.png

As for Graves, there is a lot of 'Dead' Space in space? wink.png

Edited by BW199148

I've just read the bill and can't see anything there that prohibits a woman from having a dead foetus removed.

It is being used in the news reports because it is a case that it could be applied to. The bill is far too vague.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is the 1st time I've popped up here sooo let me express my opinion about abortion.

I can understand being raped or such but killing off a pregnancy because you feel you are not ready to become a parent? Stop and think about that for a second. Were you ready to have unprotected sex? Better question, were you ready to have sex at all? If the answer is yes to either one of these then you should accept your responsibilities as an ADULT and have the child. If you were ready to fuck, then you are ready to accept any thing that happens afterwards. If you become pregnant because you decided to open your legs to 'some guy' then GROW THE FUCK UP AND BECOME THE PARENT.

As for rape, I can understand that. If you were raped (forced to have sex w/o your consent) then I can accept the idea of an abortion. I mean it was not your fault. But here's another question, why were you raped? Your actions caused your fate. But if some guy walked up to you randomly beat you, then decided to take it while you were dressed appropriate ....Okay. That is understandable and even though I'm against abortion that is the ONE AND ONLY TIME I can say okay. Do what you must.

As for a guys point of view. I was on that side....AS A FRIEND. That alone was enough stress for one lifetime. If you have the audacity to say "lets have sex baby/babe" then I think you should be MAN enough to accept the consequences. Nothing is 100% except not having sex at all. If you even think of an abortion then it's time you sit down with yourself and talk. I don't mean a bullshit chit chat. NO! I mean a real conversation. Let the others think you are crazy, you are the one who will support your girl/woman with this decision. And if you decide to keep the baby/embryo, then you are slowly evolving into a man. If not then you have learned nothing in your lifespan. But if your girl has been raped and gets preg.......I think it's a man's duty to support the woman in any way possible. It be having the kid or aborting it.

Edited by Eternal X

Here's a response: Fuck you for this victim blaming shit.

And dio has spoken.

But seriously. I'll respond to this later.

My gosh, dude. Do you understand what you're saying? Are you saying that it's the victim's fault they were raped just because of how they were dressed? Are you saying that the rapist is not guilty of one of the worst crimes one could commit against another, because said victim was "asking for it"?

I'm... completely at a loss for words.

I'm in the middle of an exact conversation/debate/argument about the same thing. Get back to you guys when it's over.

Edited by Eternal X

Hey Eternal X, why is a baby a punishment? A baby should be raised in a home where he/she has a family that loves him/her, not a home where he/she has a mother who never wanted to be a parent and shouldn't be expected to love him/her.

It's not your decision, especially since you're male.

• Thumbs Up 9

Eternal, it seems like you're thinking as if women are just lining up outside Planned Parenthood in order to have an abortion as if it was some regular check-up. Abortions are typically a last-resort option if all other options have been exhausted or deemed not viable. These decisions are not made by women on the fly, except by a very small minority.

What if the woman would have to risk her life, or even lose it, in order to deliver the child? What if the fetus is discovered to have a condition that will cause unbelievable pain and suffering for the rest of its life, such as ichthyosis, or has a condition that would guarantee death after delivery, such as Zellweger Syndrome? What if they both will die? Would you deem this as "Well, the woman should have anticipated this coming?"

But here's another question, why were you raped? Your actions caused your fate.

Why was this guy strangled to death out on the street by a crazed lunatic? He decided to walk on the same street as that guy, not the strangler's fault he's dead.

If you even think of an abortion then it's time you sit down with yourself and talk. I don't mean a bullshit chit chat. NO! I mean a real conversation.

I agreed with this...

And if you decide to keep the baby/embryo, then you are slowly evolving into a man.

Until I read that. Considering an abortion is not as immature as "I'm not so sure I'm ready for a child." "Then have an abortion, duh." "Lolz, okay." as you seem to be insinuating.

Edited by Modern Tom
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's not just rape (please don't get into the idea that women ask for it by dressing a certain way, that's just horrible), it's also possible that having a child could actively hurt the mother. Would you want to have the child if it meant you could die? There are a number of other factors to take into account. It's usually not a clear-cut answer. Honestly I don't know if anyone should have a say in it besides the woman having a baby. It's one thing to talk about morals and the idea of abortion, but it is another thing entirely to have a living breathing baby inside of you and have to make that choices. Think about the stress you had as a friend, now think about the stress the actual mother had.

Now the idea that you should be prepared to have a baby if you have sex at all is complicated. Condoms break, pills don't work, etc. By taking precaution while having sex, you're doing the responsible thing, and getting pregnant wouldn't be a result of carelessness. It seems common for pro-life politicians to preach about how you shouldn't have an abortion, but once the child is born, then what? After they've made the choice for the mother, it's her problem after the child is born.

No matter how I look at it, more questions are raised than answered.

.....Is it a coincidence that I just did a speech for this subject the other day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow I seriously did not expect all of this.

Dio & Blazing: I would blame the victim. Now before you 2 jump on the 'kill eternal train' let me explain in a scenario. The girl (victim) leads the guy on through foreplay and such. After some time in the foreplay when both have peaked, she says 'fuck it' and decides to stop. The guy is like 'oh hell no' and.....well forces it. That is a scenario where I would blame the victim because you chose to lead the person on when all you had to do from the beginning is just avoid the whole thing and do something else. Some call it forced sex but I really see no difference. And if the female were to get pregnant then (AS NEGATIVE AS THIS WILL SOUND) I will have no sympathy for her. As for the child if it makes it to the world, may god lead him in the right direction.

Oil zone & Modern Tom: I don't mean to call it a punishment or curse. But I personally think if you are 'adult enough' to have sex (protected or not) then you should be able to accept anything that happens afterwards. (that's part of life) I've seen the guy's side of this before and I seriously did not agree with his decision. I mean personally, if I have unsafe sex, and the female I'm with gets preg and we have 'THE TALK' I will decide to keep the child and raise it to the best of my ability. (kinda off topic) I was suppose to have a child but it didn't make it past a month. (something I did not find out til a year later).

Kid: To be honest, I forgot about that. That is another situation where I would be okay with abortion.

Edited by Eternal X

Dio & Blazing: I would blame the victim. Now before you 2 jump on the 'kill eternal train' let me explain in a scenario. The girl (victim) leads the guy on through foreplay and such. After some time in the foreplay when both have peaked, she says 'fuck it' and decides to stop. The guy is like 'oh hell no' and.....well forces it. That is a scenario where I would blame the victim because you chose to lead the person on when all you had to do from the beginning is just avoid the whole thing and do something else.

Wow. So because the woman "led him on" she deserved to be raped? The man was completely justified in forcing himself on her past that point? You don't think it's possible someone can fool around with someone else and then decide it has gone too far, saying "fuck it" and backing out because they're uncomfortable? Or is sex something you are required to finish just because you started? Just because someone decides to go a little bit with you, doesn't mean you're allowed to force the rest of the way.

Seriously that's some fucked up logic Eternal. That is basically what Sex Offenders say when they're caught. "The bitch was asking for it, she led me on."

Edited by The Kid
  • Thumbs Up 8

It was her choice. If you accidentally got pregnant and you aren't ready for a baby, you have to make a choice. Ik, it seems bad to kill a helpless baby. But people have to realize you can't control other peoples' choices