Awoo.

Abortion

The Conductor

Hm...

Wonder what Eternal would think if the situation was reversed, and the male was raped by a woman...

Or even closer to home, if an important female figure in your life was raped by a man. Would you still say it was the female figure's fault, or the nut who raped her?

• Thumbs Up 1

Dio & Blazing: I would blame the victim. Now before you 2 jump on the 'kill eternal train' let me explain in a scenario. The girl (victim) leads the guy on through foreplay and such---

OpoQQ.jpg

I'm sorry, but are you serious?!

Dude, if you were trying to justify that rape is the victim's fault, then you just lost all credibility right there. No scenario whatsoever can back up your words. The way you worded it practically implied that "rape in general is the victim's fault because of situation A".

Are you insinuating that that one scene right there would make the victim guilty in all cases of rape? The way you said it practically did all right! In no case WHATSOEVER is rape the victim's fault!

As previously stated against you, once it stops being consensual, it's rape to the clearest degree. Rapist forces him/herself onto the victim after he/she said no, then begs to stop. And that's not all: not all cases of rape begins consensually. In fact, I'd have to say very few begin as such! Nearly every case of rape that I've practically heard of involves someone getting assaulted out of nowhere, kidnapped or bound against their will some place else, and sometimes even murdered after being raped! Hell, the victim would have no idea it would happen to them on a random day!

What about that little girl, "Susie"? 10 years old, then whoop! Raped by a neighbour! Is it the victim's fault?

Damn it, now I'm only seeing red. Nothing but fucking red.

• Thumbs Up 7

I think Eternal is equating dressing evocatively and practically "asking for it", to willfully jumping out into traffic.

How accurate this comparison may be is... well, really depends on the situation. I do understand what he's trying to say, though.

Hm...

Wonder what Eternal would think if the situation was reversed, and the male was raped by a woman...

Or even closer to home, if an important female figure in your life was raped by a man. Would you still say it was the female figure's fault, or the nut who raped her?

That's not even.....Nevermind seems like I didn't explain this thing like I did in my mind. I wouldn't be online right now. I'd be in prison for murder. And that what you and Oil Ocean said is a reason why I would be okay with abortion. She was not in the wrong. Just sleeping minding her own business.

At which point, if the person trying to get sex continues anyway, it stops being consensual sex and starts being rape. Period.

Uh yeah I'm pretty sure I just said that.

No, this is a scenario where you would blame the victim because you are a reprehensible scumbag.

There is no fucking defending this. You are a horrible person.

So you are telling me because she lead the guy on, then decides to stop BUT the guy forces it on her that's not rape? Dude Really? Yes that's rape, but I still would not show her sympathy. It's her fault that she walked into that situation. Call me a scum bad for that. She caused it on her self for walking into that situation.

It was her choice. If you accidentally got pregnant and you aren't ready for a baby, you have to make a choice. Ik, it seems bad to kill a helpless baby. But people have to realize you can't control other peoples' choices

Personal opinion, I still see it as, you chose to open your legs or agree to sex. My logic to that is if you are able to go along with those decisions then you should raise your child.

Dude, if you were trying to justify that rape is the victim's fault, then you just lost all credibility right there. No scenario whatsoever can back up your words. The way you worded it practically implied that "rape in general is the victim's fault because of situation A".

Are you insinuating that that one scene right there would make the victim guilty in all cases of rape? The way you said it practically did all right! In no case WHATSOEVER is rape the victim's fault!

I'll admit that was not the best scenario. And NO I did not say that is/was all cases of rape. I was just using an example.

I'll admit that was not the best scenario. And NO I did not say that is/was all cases of rape. I was just using an example.

You worded it as though this is the definition of rape. Read your posts before clicking that button.

Yes that's rape, but I still would not show her sympathy. It's her fault that she walked into that situation. Call me a scum bad for that. She caused it on her self for walking into that situation.

No. You don't seem to get it. It's not a matter of opinion.

There is absolutely zero fault, by definition of the word, on the victim's shoulders when they are raped. Rape means sex without consent. If you don't give consent, it ceases to be your fault if sex is forced upon you anyway.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

And that what you and Oil Ocean said is a reason why I would be okay with abortion.

Yeah, interesting you said that, because THAT'S WHAT RAPE IS.

EDIT: Yeah, there was a strange glitch just now. This was supposed to be an edit added to my previous post.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

So you are telling me because she lead the guy on, then decides to stop BUT the guy forces it on her that's not rape? Dude Really? Yes that's rape, but I still would not show her sympathy. It's her fault that she walked into that situation. Call me a scum bad for that. She caused it on her self for walking into that situation.

what the fuck kind of reasoning is this?

That's like saying "If a man walks into a room and gets shot and killed, it's his fault because he got into the same room as the shooter." The blame would be solely on the killer and nobody else.

Just because a woman dresses provocatively or lead them on doesn't mean she was setting herself up, nor does it mean she should take responsiblity. that is so fucking retarded I can't even begin to comprehend it.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 7

Oil zone & Modern Tom: I don't mean to call it a punishment or curse. But I personally think if you are 'adult enough' to have sex (protected or not) then you should be able to accept anything that happens afterwards. (that's part of life)

And in a perfect, ideological world, where there was no disease or any negative influences, I would agree. But the thing is, shit happens. What indisputably is part of life is unpredictability, and to assume a "too bad so sad" stance for whenever the pregnancy is suddenly determined to likely result in incurable and utter pain, or death, is a scary direction to take.

Do I think some women have an abortion for the sole reason of not wanting the child because they want to have all the sex without any of the responsibility? Yes. Do I find these women utterly reprehensible? Yes. Do I think this is the common train of thought for all other women who are considering abortions? No. Claiming that all women should go through the pregnancy because they should have considered the consequences when they "open their legs" carries the effect of not considering that there could be other outside influences during the term that would risk the health and life of the mother and the fetus that the mother had no control over, effects that would make abortion the "best" choice to save the mother or save the fetus from pain. That, in my opinion, is irresponsible

• Thumbs Up 4

So it's rape, but her fault for walking into the situation by leading him on?

Just... stop. Despite how "adult" you say you should act before sex and after, you clearly have no idea what being an adult is.

In that scenario you're placing the blame on the other person, taking what you want from the woman instead of taking responsibility and stopping. You're saying "fuck it" and saying it is not your problem. You're acting the very opposite of how an adult should act. If you went into a consensual act (such as sex) trying to be an adult, then you'd know to stop if the woman has had enough. Women don't go around thinking "Oh, I think I'll lead a guy on just to the point of having sex, and then leave! Won't that be funny!?"

Rapists are essentially selfish, depraved children. They take what they want from the other person with no regards to the end result. Saying that the woman "walked into" a situation that escalated into rape is an excuse and a damn horrible one at that.

Edited by The Kid
  • Thumbs Up 4

Riiiiiiiiight, I'm gonna weigh in.

Personally, I think abortion is wrong. HOWEVER, I'm obviously a dude, which means that my views basically don't count. Because I can never be pregnant.

EVER.

If a woman is pregnant and wants an abortion, I support her. It's her body, she should do what she wants with it.

Raped? Want an abortion? Go for it.

In danger of dying, with both you AND your baby dying if nothing is done? Get an abortion.

I mean sure, this view may conflict with my religion, but you know what? It's not right for me to get into the buisness of others, they're smart enough to make their own choices, good or bad, freely or forced.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I'll hang back from here on.

EDIT: Oh, and rape is TOTALLY not the victim's fault. That's just buffoonery at it's finest. There's no way you can get more thickheaded.

I mean, someone is randomly shot on the street. I guess it's their fault for standing there, right? RIGHT?

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 6

In the instances of rape or something along those lines abortion in my eyes is fine. BUT if the person full knowingly is aware of the consequences but doesn't give a crap then i think that punishing the child so they can keep doing what they want is fair.(most teen pregnancy) I mean putting the kid up for adoption would work if you don't want the kid. That's just what I think.

Eternal X, I really suggest you drop it. Rape is a very serious and sensitive issue. You passing it off as the victim's fault is just dumb. It also is not a female-only issue. I know it is far more common for females, but males have been raped as well. I personally have never been in that situation, but I have friends, both male and female, who have been raped and I cannot begin to tell you how much it can effect a victim. My own mother was raped by her father (my grandfather) when she was a kid. I have little tolerance on trying to pass off it as the victim's fault when that is a blatant lie.

On abortions, I will admit I am very mixed on the issue. On one hand I think it is the couple's decision, but then I also am honestly saddened to know some people won't even be given a leash on life. I decide just to not feel strongly one way or the other on this currently, but on a personal note if I was to give birth (I know, impossible) I would opt to not have an abortion, but that's a personal choice.

I also will leave this out on a totally legit video of Agent York on the issue of rape and victims, and completely agree with how he ends off his talk with.

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 2

No

Eternal just no

I don't think you understand. If a woman, is doing teasing, she is not asking for rape. If a woman is wearing a tiny skirt showing thighs and some ass, she is not asking for rape, she wants attention tis all.

No woman ever wants that. Can you tell me with a straight face that a woman wants a man to violently rip her apart from within with no consent just because she blew him a fucking kiss earlier for paying for dinner? No. Don't ever fucking say a woman wants or deserves rape, because they never do. You cannot give me a realistic situation in which the girl at one point thinks "Even though i'm teasing him and he might rape me, I'll still continue because he won't do that." No woman thinks that, and you should be ashamed for thinking the same analogy as some pervert, "Well, she dressed like a slut, so I'm going to treat her like slut Derp"

I do not question your views on abortion, however I am questioning your opinions on rape and women.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eternal, I suggest you shut up, and leave, like right now, because you're pissing people off.

Wow. Shit got pretty messy while I was away.

While I certainly don't agree with Eternal's way of thinking on the subject, I don't think it's necessary to gang up on him, let alone call him a piece of shit.

• Thumbs Up 5

While I certainly don't agree with Eternal's way of thinking on the subject, I don't think it's necessary to gang up on him, let alone call him a piece of shit.

This. All of it.

He certainly has a very odd way of thinking, but I don't think there's any reason for all of shit-slinging I'm seeing in this thread right now.

Anyways, I don't really like Abortion if it's not something extremely serious like rape or something else along those lines. Going around having WILD SEX and then getting an abortion because you don't like the responsibility of having a kid just isn't cool in my opinion. /mytwocents

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

He is trying to justify Rape, RAPE You're telling me we shouldn't be angry that he's trying to blame one of the most offensive crimes in history, think about what you're saying.

He is trying to justify Rape, RAPE You're telling me we shouldn't be angry that he's trying to blame one of the most offensive crimes in history, think about what you're saying.

I'm saying you don't need to lose your shit because someone said something on the internet :U

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys, let's cool our heads, seriously. Go outside, go to the MLP topic, I don't care, it's getting pretty crazy in here and it's only going to end badly.

• Thumbs Up 9