Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

Before people complains about the homing attack:

Sonic 2 brought the Spindash.

Sonic CD brought the Peel out.

Sonic 3 brought the insta-shield.

Sonic 4 brings the Homing attack.

Looks like a natural evolution to me. This game is set before SA, so it's like Sonic "learnt" this move.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow.

the rumors WHERE true!

Also, I was hoping for Sonic to have a slight retro look.... also, HOMING ATTACK WTF

Why does the official website mention a second character with the delightfully funny quote "who could it be now".

I'm not laughing

*actually I am, I want Tails & Knux*

Probably just Eggy, right?

Huzzah, it's coming to WiiWare as well!

But... This is just incredibly underwhelming. I'm sorry, it just looks like Sonic Rush with better visuals, and a silly-looking walking animation. Both artistically and technically, it's underwhelming, after playing the visual beauties that are the LostWinds games, this game looks mediocre in comparison.

Also, homing attack = fail. Still, for the love of God, I hope they don't screw this up.

Looks like a natural evolution to me. This game is set before SA, so it's like Sonic "learnt" this move.

The homing attack is a lazy-ass crutch that came around with the switch to 3D, and it really isn't needed at all in 2D. Natural evolution, my ass.

Sonic 4 with multiple episodes, all major platforms - Kick ass.

Backgrounds, textures, sound effects, and Badniks - Kick ass.

Running animation - Could use work. Not enough illusion of high speed, flying quills.

Homing attack - Bit too modern for my liking. What's its purpose in 2D? Hope it's a close-range homing like in Rush. Will gimmicks play off this in 2D?

Story following S3&K - Maybe a chance to build some bridges between classic and modern games, set up storylines for future games - Kick ass.

Summer release - Fuck yeah. The latest timer on the site says 14 weeks, 7 days. So at least until the end of May. July is good enough for me. YES THIS GAME.

Edited by Cupcake Hedgehog

As long as it isn't any less gimped than it was in the advance games I'll be fine.

I'd bet money that the other character is Tails. :) Or maybe metal sonic... I don't know why, but I feel like he'd be playable.

And come on guys, the homing attack could be used for all sorts of interesting mechanics... like crossing a gap full of those bat things...

HA! I went to bed 5 hours ago and literally woke at 3:15am (with no alarm) from a nightmare in which the new game was like Braid (each level was a single screen) and starred Shadow.

Then I woke up and ran over to the computer to watch the trailer.

LOVING the title and the continuation of the Sonic 3 plot.

VERY EXCITED!

Yes, the running animation could use some work, but it's WIP so quit yer bitching.

Pretty coolio, <3. I'm never disappointed with new information; no matter how big or small, ^_^.

I pretty much liked everything about it besides the weird running. I'm not sure how I'll like having the spin attack in this, but if it works correctly all the time, I won't mind. I just don't want to zoom past an enemy and fall to my doom due to it, >(.

Either way, that's being picky of me. Just glad to see at least a little of the game now. Also, I'm glad to have a website to see updates on now instead of having to always weed through this topic, <3.

-Blur

First of all.....

HELL YEAH SONIC 4 WOOHOOO

Second....

Woa.. over 65 people on the topic, Way Past Cool!

Third

It's obvious that the second locked character thats gonna appear soon is the new model of Eggy, I mean, we all saw him at the end of the trailer, it would make sense to show him before Tails & Knuckles.

Finally...

I agree with Adamis Fox saying thats its no surprise that the Homming attack is in the game. He finally learned the move before SA if we consider this game to happen before the events of SA.

As long as it isn't any less gimped than it was in the advance games I'll be fine.

As long as it actually kills enemies and doesn't kill me I'm fine.

Sonic 4 with multiple episodes, all major platforms - Kick ass.

Backgrounds, textures, sound effects, and Badniks - Kick ass.

Running animation - Could use work. Not enough illusion of high speed, flying quills.

Homing attack - Bit too modern for my liking. What's its purpose in 2D? Hope it's a close-range homing like in Rush. Will gimmicks play of this in 2D?

Story following S3&K - Maybe a chance to build some bridges between classic and modern games, set up storylines for future games - Kick ass.

Summer release - Fuck yeah. The latest timer on the site says 14 weeks, 7 days. So at least until the end of May. July is good enough for me. YES THIS GAME.

isn't it days, not weeks?

Am I the only hoping at least Tails is also in the game. I'll be downloading this game probably for my Ps3 and I'm hoping Tails is in it like Sonic 2 and 3 so a second play can play as well, fly me around and etc.

And so the revelation comes.

And already we're setting ourselves up for a fall.

God. It's gonna be a painful five months all over again.

How the hell are there people on the blogs saying that this is just another "hold right to win affair"? We had THREE SECONDS OF GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE(which is being generous, considering that times it from the second it begins to fade in), and it's been confirmed that the game doesn't have a boost. Hell, they even stated it's based all around momentum.

The Homing Attack may change the way enemies are dispatched, which isn't exactly classic, but we still no nothing of its implementation, and as long as the precision platforming is still there, I can deal with it.

So, we're basically looking at Sonic rush without the boost (Corkscrew leading into a loop, it's Sonic Rush),

Sonic Rush without the boost isn't Sonic Rush at all.

And you can take any of the "purely spectacle" moments out of a classic Sonic game and put it in that trailer- it would've worked the same way.

Needs the Wheel o' Feet to let me know I'm going super-duper fast, not that Sonic Rush run-walk shite. Other than that, immensely promising. Looking forward to this a great deal.

Watch the 4th one revealed to be something else like the PS3 or DS.

Seriously, though I think there's a good chance it'll be PC. I mean, they are releasing Sega all-Stars Racing for the PC so why not this?

Just think of all the modding possibilities...

It is coming to PS3 on Playstation Network. I think the ???' will likely be PC and maybe PSP on Playstation Network too. Maybe it'll come to DSiWare too.

As one final observation before I hit the sack, I feel obligated to point out that the winged tip emblem is indeed different from the one posted in the teaser (the banner placement is a giveaway on that). This not only adds support to the claims that the people whom made the teaser really did see nothing (we believed them anyway, right) but leads me to the conclusion that Sega saw our reaction to the winged tip logo and made it happen.

First ref Nights and now this. Sega is paying attention and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Where is the button to add +1 to Sega's Rep

*if you would like to contribute to Sega DogTagz, that would be cool too* :P

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Oh yeah, and I;m happy for Wii owners, but remember it won't be beautiful HD. :P

It's okay. I don't have an HD TV anyway.

I do hope that there are at least a few new badniks, =o. The old remakes are awesome, but I want to see some creativity again. Give me some more demented mechanical animals to destroy, =3.

-Blur

Wow.....just wow.

It definately looks like the Sonic I was hoping for! At least the one if it wasn't going to be sprite models. That looks sensational. Old school surreal checkered backgrounds for the win! and the badniks look exceptional in HD! Extra points for Robotnik being in his egomatic hover carrier thing, minus a few points for calling him Eggman though.

My jaw is going to need time to recover and pick itself off the floor. The only gripes I have though is that they included the homing attack, and mainly that its a downloadable title. That means I'm going to have to purchase console internet crap and get my un-technologicaly-compatable mind around how I set up said crap, then subsequently wait however long it takes my slow arsed internet to download Sonic 4. Not to mention the fact I like to physcially own a game, not data on a hardrive, a real CD in a real box with real artwork...this dissapoints me somewhat....perhaps*Fingers crossed* in the same way games these days come out in specail editions with figurines and junk, hopefully Sonic 4 will come out in a special actaul physical disc for purchase edition....with any luck.

Extra points SEGA if Nack the weasel makes any sort of an appearance in this game!

Edited by The-Master-Board