Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

I'm not bothered by the memes, seriously. I welcome them quite well. They bring life to my otherwise boring Twitter feed.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, Haalyle said:

I'm not bothered by the memes, seriously. I welcome them quite well. They bring life to my otherwise boring Twitter feed.

Same. I don't really mind them either, but they put so many meme posts It kinda gets stale. I honestly just want more Sonic news.

I know they're preparing for the Anniversary title, but still. Seeing memes almost all the time gets boring, quickly. And half the time it's self-deprecating. They could be doing something else, like... I don't know... Polls? Interacting with Fans (in better ways)? Other things besides memes?

• Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, Unbreak said:

Seeing memes almost all the time gets boring, quickly. And half the time it's self-deprecating. They could be doing something else, like... I don't know... Polls? Interacting with Fans (in better ways)? Other things besides memes?

This. This SO much.

5 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

This. This SO much.

Im also tired of the "This" comments

13 hours ago, Unbreak said:

I know they're preparing for the Anniversary title, but still. Seeing memes almost all the time gets boring, quickly. And half the time it's self-deprecating. They could be doing something else, like... I don't know... Polls? Interacting with Fans (in better ways)? Other things besides memes?

Glad someone agrees with me. In fact,even the Sonic adventure 3 facebook page agrees https://m.facebook.com/SonicAdventure3/photos/pb.175996822449699.-2207520000.1464119429./965893666793340/?type=3&source=54

(Look in the comments tho)

On the topic of Sumo earlier,

Seems not, sorry :P

EDIT: Another tweet...

Hope I'm not being a bother posting these, I thought they would be of interest to you all. I had a strange feeling a hypothetical upcoming trailer might use Madeon's music after that tweet a while back :V

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/23/2016 at 6:34 PM, Stardust said:

The way this Tracer character behaves, plus her spiky hair, I wouldn't be surprised if she were the human version of Sonic.

Now it's correct.

When is my sega sponsored reaper shadow skin

20 hours ago, sansy said:

long post

Reveal hidden contents

also can we please not mention that page here, they don't have the best reputation outside of their community. i mean there's some decent people there but you know, no need to poke a bee's nest.

Does it need to be a dichotomy, though? Is it really that much more effort to post nice fanart and for once go "hey cool stuff" instead of going "HEY GAME GRUMPS MEME MEME SAAAAAAAAAAANIC QUALITY 2008 4CHAN CONTENT"

as with anything, there's a balance needed. this stuff by itself isn't bad (much as I groan with every Game Grumps reference which just feels ridiculous and kinda disrespectful), but it's not being balanced by anything else.

But the thing is, I'd say Aaron is balancing it quite a bit. It's not like EVERY post is a meme, I mean not too far ago we had a post about cosplay and people showed off their outfits and Aaron complimented them.

Good, now have MORE of that instead of it being a rough exception in the vaster scheme of how they've been running the PR.

Well isn't the memes the main reason why people paid attention to the social media in the first place? So no shit, that's gonna be the main focus.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem with internet memetics and any kind of grasping attention by pandering to youth culture is that it's not sustainable. It's a good kickstart, yeah. Give it a few months, as it has, and you start seeing more and more everywhere "so, uh. Is this all you do? Grab whatever's popular in black twitter and give it a corporate coat of paint?" The memes and internet jokes and self deprecation and pandering to e-celebs can't be the point to themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Sonikku. said:

come on man!

I'm not a huge "Sanic" fan but this honestly isn't bad, I like how it spoofs an annoying social media trend and has a pretty funny application of the "7.8/10" meme too. I even find the fake census bureau a little funny.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, SonicEkkusu said:

#Sonic Boom Sonic is Bootleg Sonic

I feel as though I'm waiting for some sort of bomb to go off within the fanbase at the moment with every new little thing I hear about what's coming.

3 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

#Sonic Boom Sonic is Bootleg Sonic

I feel as though I'm waiting for some sort of bomb to go off within the fanbase at the moment with every new little thing I hear about what's coming.

3 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Plot twist - The Sonic twitter is ran by boom haters 

not surprised if im right

4 minutes ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

Plot twist - The Sonic twitter is ran by boom haters 

not surprised if im right

........uhhh, is this some attempt at a joke here? Because oof, that one fell flat pretty hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, sansy said:

........uhhh, is this some attempt at a joke here? Because oof, that one fell flat pretty hard.

It wasn't a joke,i actually think that the page is ran by a boom hater,i mean,really?  Would anyone put hastags that go against a part of a popular franchise unless that person either a. Does not know good comedy (witch is plausable,considering the overuse of owtheedge and tails doll) or B. Does not care about the series(s) (i wouldn't be surprised,since it seems that baerly anyone that isn't on here cares about the series at this point)

.......um, yeah just because you poke fun at stuff like sports tape and blue arms doesn't mean you're automatically a Boom hater. I mean, I poke fun at bounce pads does that make me Boom hater (even though I'm one of the few people that enjoys Rise of Lyric)?

• Thumbs Up 1