Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

I knew it was only matter of time until they referenced Civil War.

Im loving the new art as well, the thick outlines look pretty nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, GeneHF said:

That actually surprises me a little, but if you say so. Even if they too were scant in the comics (I admit I only keep up with them when I have the time), I personally thought they were a little better characterized there. They're non-factors outside of the first game. Really, their purpose makes me think of Solo in Mega Man Star Force where he's somewhat of a big presence in his debut, then in the next game, he has very little reason to be there outside of a thread of a plot point.

Coincidentally, both center around ancient civilizations and how they're related to the characters.

Alright, really nerdy question incoming.

I may as well ask since you do have some access to the continuity bible of Sonic (or at least are more capable of finding answers than we are), was there ever any further 'backstory' planned for the Babylon Rogues being aliens (Sonic Riders 2)? I ask because they're kinda similar to the Knuckle Tribe in the sense that they're an ancient race of anthros (Mobians?) that had some access to ancient 'technology' that was advanced, and I had wondered if all forms of anthro animals are similarly descended from the Babylonians. I mean, it would make sense considering you have humans and walking-talking animals right next to small animals and realistic Earth animals.

I don't expect that to be the case (as it's just way too much riding on just one game). But I thought the idea was worth conjuring and asking about. If I recall correctly, the official cosmology of Sonic's "universe" in the games is that there's Earth and "Sonic's World," and they travel between them off-screen whenever convenient?

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, GeneHF said:

They will have their time soon, much like Silver will have closer to the end of the year.

Silver's getting screentime? When? I don't recall anything abot him getting any sort of attention later this year, even in the comics.

Silver recently got his own arc in Sonic Universe so he has some sort of attention in the comics but yeah.

3 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Um, actually I think the vast majority of Babylon Rogue fans are because of the games. The only arcs where they've been part of the story are Treasure Team Tango (probably the team with the least to do because the other three got more material), and Babylon Rising (can't remember most of what they did, but they were overshadowed by Sonic and the Grand Battle Kukku due to the events going on at the time). They haven't even appeared past the reboot save for a cameo on the cover of #258. I certainly haven't seen any BR fans cite the comics as a primary reason for liking them.

Also most Babylon Rogues fans seem to despise those appearances despite the fact they're 100% in character in them.

This will be glorious, I need to see this. I don't care what game it is, I needs to see Webber.

Tails Channel interviewed Aaron Webber

- 3 and a half hour event

- Livestream likely

- 25th anniversary coin soon to be revealed to the public

- Fire & Ice demo booths (not for sure)

- Aimed to never have a dull moment at the party

-  Event isn't called "Sonic Boom 2016" to avoid confusion

- He REALLY wants us to be there in person

- Party will be a 6/7 out of 10 on the Dank Memez scale

- He says memes fit Sonic's attitude, and that he only posts them to keep us entertained during a period where there's no news

- Probably a cosplay contest. No trivia contest this year, but other stuff will compensate

- Alot of potential special guests

Only the first 9 minutes of the video talk about the party

Other stuff I found interesting:

- Mentioned that they are training some fan artists to work with them

- Aaron doesn't know why the Gravity Falls dude was at SEGA, he didn't even meet him!

• Thumbs Up 6

One thing about Tails Channel's interview with Webber I forgot to mention. Aaron was asked about Big the Cat returning as playable in a future game, but he says that they have to nail down Sonic's gameplay, before they think about including other characters.

So this sounds like there will probably not be multiple characters in the next game, unfortunately. However, if they finally decide to stick to a definitive playstyle for Sonic, we are more likely to see other playable characters return in games following the 25th anniversary game.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

They've said that for over half a decade now.

We've said that, I don't know about Sega, though they clearly are showing that they know that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering the last 4 or 5 main games, I think they've known that for a while.