Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Uprising - A Multiversal Adventure Beyond Fiction and Reality (Please Read First Page Before Joining)

Failinhearts

"It seems like we found the computer room..." Kyoko said as she observed her surroundings.

Ragna got up from his sliding adventure. "This place looks pretty out there, even for this place. Just what the hell is going on..?"

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

As the Skylanders kept going down, light began to finally emerge in the tunnel, after a long slide which felt like it went on for hours, and with a massive Thud, the Skylanders found themselves in a massive electrical cage in a small enclosed space. There wasn't much around here, a basic computer with a decent sized monitor, a few tables and chairs, a fridge and basic cooking supplies, a stack of books, a few ninja-based weapons.

"W-What's...going on...?" Yuta said, as he awoke wrapped up in Lily's vines. "...H-Hi Lily". Yuta said plainly, not sure how he ended up here.

"Hi," Lily said, waving at him as he woke up. "You feeling any better?" She shut her eyes and frowned. "...I'm sorry about not healing you earlier... th-the fire scared me, and I was too cowardly to just go through it like Sonic..."

Jessica sighed as she landed. "Great, and I'm betting this place has some bullshit superunbreakableium forcefield generators or something," she moaned, lying on the floor.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 10/15/2017 at 8:44 PM, Failinhearts said:

Nepbike drives up to one of the table before reverting back to her human form. "What's this?" Neptune asks. "Some kinda... secret base?"

"Will we become secret agents or somethin'? Because wasn't that the premise of this season's first episode? Are we rehashing ALREADY?!"

"Nep, think you could calm down a bit?", Cloud asked getting a bit exasperated. "Also, someone'e been up watching Totally Spies I see", he said rolling his eyes.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:41 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

As the Skylanders kept going down, light began to finally emerge in the tunnel, after a long slide which felt like it went on for hours, and with a massive Thud, the Skylanders found themselves in a massive electrical cage in a small enclosed space. There wasn't much around here, a basic computer with a decent sized monitor, a few tables and chairs, a fridge and basic cooking supplies, a stack of books, a few ninja-based weapons.

"I can't put my finger on it...but something about all of this seems awfully familiar. at least with how it's set up. Then again, we've known each other for so long, maybe this is just one of our own MOs used on us, now to seal our doom", Phoenix said sweat dropping.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:20 PM, Spin Attaxx said:

Sliding down with the others, Lily shot a vine out to Yuta's arm and used it to pull herself closer to him. "Yuta, I'm sorry I didn't try to heal you earlier," she said, sorrowfully, as she laid her hands on the boy and used her Plant magic to heal him, if even slightly. "The fire was there, and... I'm making excuses; I was just too much of a coward..."

On 10/15/2017 at 8:41 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"W-What's...going on...?" Yuta said, as he awoke wrapped up in Lily's vines. "...H-Hi Lily". Yuta said plainly, not sure how he ended up here.

"heh, heh! Attagirl, Lily!", Undyne complimented the elemental with a pat on the back. "Healing someone in mid-fall. Don't think I've seen even the Golden Disciple Sayaka or Shantae manage that!", she said, trying her best to make light of the situation they seemed to have fallen into.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the CPU with the most shares. The one blinded by such pride..before we talked her out of it", the Masked Undyne said, recalling the identical mission they'd taken to Neptunia before the Bootleg Trial. "Disappointingly, you remind me....of her", the Masked Undyne said pointing to the original Undyne. "Back when I foolishly subscribed to the pin-headed mentality that with just enough determination I could save people", she said, slowly forming a smug smile.

"Don't be that fool. You're even more outmatched than you were the day we took you into our ranks by force. Before you realized your true self. Such arrogance made you strong, but left you many a weak spot. Your army was only as good as the leader leading it. And what could your military experience have to boast over mine!?", she lectured as she flanked them with spears.

"I learned, that I'm truly no hero. At least, not to those I once hoped to impress or protect. I am merely a force to be commanded, and to throw any restraint over what I will do, out. All that matters is the mission. And I will kill you dead, tear out your soul, do anything I need. Because that is what keeps the world at order. And not threatened by anything. Even a child", she said serenely, though directing her final point at Undyne.

As everybody lands into this new room, Noire remains quiet. What Masked Undyne said weighs heavy on her heart. Those words cut deeper then any blade could. "Can...we really win? We were forced to retreat twice...they have the numbers advantage...am I not strong enough?" Her words escape her mouth as she quietly thinks to herself.

"WOOO!! Lets do that again, I wanna do that again!" "Shut up you imbecile! We're in some serious shit here!!" Daniel enjoyed the ride but Dave was on edge, meanwhile Toko remained on the floor, taking a moment to settle her stomach before trying to move.

"Uuuhhg...urp!"

• Thumbs Up 5

11 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

"Urgh! Knowing that know-it-all copy of me, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a trap set! We best prepare for the worst either way!", Undyne grunted against the velocity of their descent.

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Preparing, Undyne..." Nicole replied, looking around. Creating her lance, she prepared for whatever danger came by... What she wouldn't do for an ally to the Skylanders to show up in this place, for Nicole has had enough of all these evil fake copies.

• Thumbs Up 5

"...This is not a funny joke". A voice said from a chair in the distance, one that was turned away from the Skylanders, one that just typed into a computer as the Skylanders looked around their surroundings.

"So, this is their latest trick to weed us out, robots of their old selves. Impressive, although it's a shame there's signal jammers activated down here, so you won't be succeeding in your little plans". The figure said, still typing into the computer console.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"...This is not a funny joke". A voice said from a chair in the distance, one that was turned away from the Skylanders, one that just typed into a computer as the Skylanders looked around their surroundings.

"So, this is their latest trick to weed us out, robots of their old selves. Impressive, although it's a shame there's signal jammers activated down here, so you won't be succeeding in your little plans". The figure said, still typing into the computer console.

Nicole shakes her head, holding her lance close. "Then, it has to be asked... Who are you, and what do you want with us?"

Old copies, huh...? As if Sonic became Scourge, or if Sally was actually Ricky, or if Yuta became a ladies man, or...

• Thumbs Up 5

12 minutes ago, Headless HorseDanJ86 said:

As everybody lands into this new room, Noire remains quiet. What Masked Undyne said weighs heavy on her heart. Those words cut deeper then any blade could. "Can...we really win? We were forced to retreat twice...they have the numbers advantage...am I not strong enough?" Her words escape her mouth as she quietly thinks to herself.

"The numbers aren't the only things that worry me", Undyne said.

"Yeah, they're willing to do things we'd normally steer clear of", Cloud added.

"That's right. Man, I can be really demoralizing to enemies when I put my mind to it, I realize. Sorry she put you through the wringer there Noire", the fish lady apologized. A rarity for her.

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Robots!? Excuse me sir!? Just where do you think we are!? The Marvel Universe or something!?", Phoenix asked quite perturbed by the accusation.

"Y-yeah! And don't even try to call bluff on that one either! He's been there!", Undyne boasted.

"Just.....please don't tempt him to test if we're robots physically. I've seen the bad side of those kinds of deals", Cloud spoke up.

• Thumbs Up 5

"Wait, whoever this is thinks we're robots?" Komaru asks. "W-We're not robots! We're flesh and blood!" She then turns to Nicole. "...For the most part."

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Nicole shakes her head, holding her lance close. "Then, it has to be asked... Who are you, and what do you want with us?"

Old copies, huh...? As if Sonic became Scourge, or if Sally was actually Ricky, or if Yuta became a ladies man, or...

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

"That's right. Man, I can be really demoralizing when I put my mind to it, I realize. Sorry she put you through the wringer there Noire", the fihs lady apologized. A rarity for her.

"Robots!? Excuse me sir!? Just where do you think we are!? The Marvel Universe or something!?", Phoenix asked quite perturbed by the accusation.

"Y-yeah! And don't even try to call bluff on that one either! He's been there!", Undyne boasted.

"Just.....please don't tempt him to test if we're robots physically. I've seen the bad side of those kinds of deals", Cloud spoke up.

Just now, Failinhearts said:

"Wait, whoever this is thinks we're robots?" Komaru asks. "W-We're not robots! We're flesh and blood!" She then turns to Nicole. "...For the most part."

"I'll be the one to determine that, after all, I've been with them long enough to determine what they're like". The figure said, as they finished typing into the console. "But the Skylanders are long dead, and I have my doubts you're the real deal..." The figure said, turning the chair and walking over to them, revealing a non-bootlegged face.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140531000804 

310?cb=20120603221545

An unmasked Nightwing stood in front of the Skylanders, sporting a eyepatch over one of his eyes as he glared at them. "Just because I've lost one of these doesn't mean I can't see".

• Thumbs Up 6

"We are the real deal, just from an alternate dimension, or universe, or timeline," Nicole explains. Saying it out loud, she begins to realise that it... Doesn't sound believable in the least. "Look, we're from a dimension where a particular trial was won by us. We recently detected some dangers, but they got us stuck here in your dimension. Now we're looking to escape. Do you need anything else?"

Nicole looked at this alternate Nightwing, hopeful... She was explaining everything they knew thus far, and could only hope he believed that.

• Thumbs Up 5

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"I'll be the one to determine that, after all, I've been with them long enough to determine what they're like". The figure said, as they finished typing into the console. "But the Skylanders are long dead, and I have my doubts you're the real deal..." The figure said, turning the chair and walking over to them, revealing a non-bootlegged face.

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20140531000804 

310?cb=20120603221545

An unmasked Nightwing stood in front of the Skylanders, sporting a eyepatch over one of his eyes as he glared at them. "Just because I've lost one of these doesn't mean I can't see".

"Who are you?" Hiss asked cocking her head curiously at the eyepatched figure before her. On her shoulder, Katii took a good long look at this mysterious figure before her eyes widened.

"N-nightwing? Is that you?!"

"Nightwing?!" Hiss gasped, looking at Katii and back at the superhero, "Wow! When did Nightwing get old?!"

"Ssshshshshssssssshhh!!" Katii put a hand over her friend's large mouth, "That's not something you say to people Hiss!"

Katii looked back up at Nightwing with a serious face. "I know it may sound weird... but we're from another timeline, one where we won the trial. Trust me on this, I'm nothing like... *shudder* that other Katii."

"Hiss agree!" Hiss nodded, "Katii not mean to me like the bad Katii out there!"

Painwheel remained silent. Not just from the strain of having to speak up, but unsure if that was going to convince the alternate Nightwing before them

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Emperor Robrainiac said:

"Who are you?" Hiss asked cocking her head curiously at the eyepatched figure before her. On her shoulder, Katii took a good long look at this mysterious figure before her eyes widened.

"N-nightwing? Is that you?!"

"Nightwing?!" Hiss gasped, looking at Katii and back at the superhero, "Wow! When did Nightwing get old?!"

"Ssshshshshssssssshhh!!" Katii put a hand over her friend's large mouth, "That's not something you say to people Hiss!"

Katii looked back up at Nightwing with a serious face. "I know it may sound weird... but we're from another timeline, one where we won the trial. Trust me on this, I'm nothing like... *shudder* that other Katii."

"Hiss agree!" Hiss nodded, "Katii not mean to me like the bad Katii out there!"

Painwheel remained silent. Not just from the strain of having to speak up, but unsure if that was going to convince the alternate Nightwing before them

Nightwing simply shook his head. "Likely story, as if I don't deal with enough "alternative" universes. Tell me, how would you know I was alive? I never revealed myself until after you were all gone". Nightwing said, glaring at them all. 

"Better yet, tell me something only the actual Skylanders would know about me!" 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

"That's right. Man, I can be really demoralizing to enemies when I put my mind to it, I realize. Sorry she put you through the wringer there Noire", the fish lady apologized. A rarity for her.

"N-No, you don't need to apologize." Noire say, rubbing her eyes as tears had started appearing. "T-To bring us to the brink of despair, that is also part of there goal. I-I-I was foolish to let it get to me..." She smiles slightly, trying to put on a brave front.

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20140531000804 

310?cb=20120603221545

"Dead? Did you say...dead...?" Daniel slowly approaches the unmasked Nightwing. His cheerful demeanour from the slide now completely gone. "S-S-So it's true? What the others said before...about this being a universe were the Skylanders failed?" He thought of all his new friends he made in such a short time suddenly being dead, the very idea brought him to his knees. "Ugh..."

• Thumbs Up 5

Nicole started to think, as she attempted connecting to the Skylander's networks, to get into their archives...

To no avail, thanks to the signal jammers. "Drat..." she mutters, disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 10/15/2017 at 8:49 PM, Spin Attaxx said:

Jessica sighed as she landed. "Great, and I'm betting this place has some bullshit superunbreakableium forcefield generators or something," she moaned, lying on the floor.

"We've had to contend with such enough times. Besides, training without powers is essential anyway. I really don't have any outside of magic", Cloud reassured.

"Which thankfully we took the initiative on", Undyne said.

"I'll admit, I kinda spent most of my career without the powers either", Phoenix chimed in.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:11 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Spoiler

Undyne by Koyorin

"Hey! You look like my old sparring partner Nightwing! For all I know, you could be a sleeper agent. Now do you see me doubting you buster!?", Undyne said. "Besides, I'm the last person you should need to tell that to", she said indicating her own face. "Nice patch still".

On 10/15/2017 at 9:34 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Nightwing simply shook his head. "Likely story, as if I don't deal with enough "alternative" universes. Tell me, how would you know I was alive? I never revealed myself until after you were all gone". Nightwing said, glaring at them all. 

"Oh boy", Undyne said, looking a bit ashamed, remembering how she'd unintentionally, sparked memories for Nighting when she's been driven mad by Undergrowth and tried to kill him.

"We......we know about the Court of Owls....and what you did to protect Bru-", Undyne began to say.

"Ahem! Uh, Batman's son", Phoenix said, sweat-dropping. "How you had to break...the number one rule of the Bat family from what I can gather. Please. We don't know if you ever told us that in this universe.....but I promise, we only know it from having gotten to know you so well!"

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Well, for one," Katii began, "We thought you were dead! It was around the time when we were... fighting Lord Vortech, I believe? It wasn't until later on, when you saved Kaede from an execution when you revealed yourself to be alive and well."

"Hiss don't know if that convince him..." Hiss whispered to Katii, "Hiss don't think that happen in this world..."

"I know, but it's worth a shot..." Katii

Katii then remembered, "Hey wait a minute... I remember you mentioning something to us a little after that incident... Weren't you bootleged as well? I don't think you were willing to tell us much, but... How are you not... bootlegged, anyway? You certainly don't look like you've been bootlegged..."

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

"We've to contend with such enough times. Besides, training without powers is essential anyway. I really don't have any outside of magic", Cloud reassured.

"I'll admit, I kinda spent most of my career without the powers either", Phoenix chimed in.

Undyne by Koyorin

"Hey! You look my old sparring partner Nightwing! Now do you see me doubting you buster!?", Undyne said. "Besides, I'm the last person you should need to tell that to", she said indicating her own face. "Nice patch still".

"Oh boy", Undyne said, looking a bit ashamed, remembering how she'd unintentionally, sparked memories for Nighting when she's been driven mad by Undergrowth and tried to kill him.

"We......we know about the Court of Owls....and what you did to protect Bru-", Undyne began to say.

"Ahem! Uh, Batman's son", Phoenix said, sweat-dropping. "Please. We don't know if you ever told us that in this universe.....but I promise, we only know it from having gotten to know you so well!"

"I'm not sharing that information with likely impostors already programmed with it". Nightwing said to Katii, before turning to Phoenix and co.

"Owl Man could've programmed that information into you, sorry. No dic-" Suddenly, another figure in the shadows was revealed, as a small sound of clicking could be heard against the pavement floor. "It's...quite alright Nightwing...." The voice said, a familiar voice, one that seemed like a relief to hear.

"T-There's only one man I know who could be in this business -ggk- t-this long, and c-could still not learn you need evidence..." 

"A-and it's pretty difficult to program that level of stupidity into a robot". 

"H-Hey, I told you to let me help you". Nightwing said, walking over to the man in the shadows, as he rejected Nightwing's help. "I-I'm fine". 

"W-Wait, that voice..." Yuta said, recognising it. 

• Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"I'm not sharing that information with likely impostors already programmed with it". Nightwing said to Katii, before turning to Phoenix and co.

"Owl Man could've programmed that information into you, sorry. No dic-" Suddenly, another figure in the shadows was revealed, as a small sound of clicking could be heard against the pavement floor. "It's...quite alright Nightwing...." The voice said, a familiar voice, one that seemed like a relief to hear.

"T-There's only one man I know who could be in this business -ggk- t-this long, and c-could still not learn you need evidence..." 

"H-Hey, I told you to let me help you". Nightwing said, walking over to the man in the shadows, as he rejected Nightwing's help. "I-I'm fine". 

"..." Katii had a feeling she recognized the voice too, but was at a loss for words. She could only look towards the direction of where the voice was coming from.

"Wait... Hiss... Know voice!" Hiss gasped.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

"We've to contend with such enough times. Besides, training without powers is essential anyway. I really don't have any outside of magic", Cloud reassured.

"Mhm, right," Shade said, glaring at the three. "Because somehow Miss Charles Atlas over here somehow has a higher chance of breaking out of this cage than me, the literal god of Dark magic."

"You're not a god, Shade," Jessica sniped as she still lay on the floor, not knowing what else to do but wait for the situation to resove itself.

"Whatever. Hey, you wanna know what training without powers doesn't accomplish? You avoiding someone disabling your powers, putting you in an inescapable cage, introducing you to their friend, Mr. Bullet, and then him kissing you on the head and blowing your brains out! I know it because I've done it to so many people myself!"

"That's enough, Shade!" Lily shouted, frowning at him. "I honestly can't believe this behaviour from an Elemental like you!"

• Thumbs Up 2

Toko had finally staggered back to her feet, still wobbling, she approaches the centre of the room.

"Uuuhh...I-I-I think Komaru's motorcycle driving has improved a little..." She looks at the unmasked Nightwing and the figure in the shadows. "Who's the old man and why is Edgeworth hiding in the shadows?" She seemed a little delirious.

• Thumbs Up 3

The two walked out of the shadows, revealing none other than the Skylanders' former headmaster. 

tenor.gif

"Hm, you look just like them". Edgeworth said, noticeably limping and in pain as he walks with a cane. His clothing was more torn up, his usually tie accessory was gone, and he had a sword strapped to his back. "Q-Quite a blast from the past, I must say, even Wright has that dumbstruck look he used to have".

• Thumbs Up 6

Nicole smiles and bows, her lance fading away as she relaxes. "Pleasure to meet again, Edgeworth, and pleased to be in your service."

She sighs with relief, knowing this place is something of a safe haven compared to everywhere else.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 10/15/2017 at 10:03 PM, Spin Attaxx said:

"Mhm, right," Shade said, glaring at the three. "Because somehow Miss Charles Atlas over here somehow has a higher chance of breaking out of this cage than me, the literal god of Dark magic."

"You got repelled and bowled over by Hsien Ko using a gong. If you're the supposed god of dark magic which suggests you're the biggest and baddest there is, then I'd say evil that crosses our path is screwed six ways to Sunday", Undyne japed. "So thanks for making me feel better", she snarked.

On 10/15/2017 at 10:03 PM, Spin Attaxx said:

"Whatever. Hey, you wanna know what training without powers doesn't accomplish? You avoiding someone disabling your powers, putting you in an inescapable cage, introducing you to their friend, Mr. Bullet, and then him kissing you on the head and blowing your brains out! I know it because I've done it to so many people myself!"

"You know where I come from, most people who talk this much are more in fear for their lives. Too scared to actually act", Cloud said, un-fazed by Shade.

"If I had a dollar for every-time we've had to contend with a problem that training hasn't prepared us for, I'd be one of the richest men amongst the cosmos and galaxy", Phoenix said. He was terrified, yes, but still preferred to stay hopeful, given all that had happened. Because giving into the terror, and despair of it all...that's when you know you've lost, Phoenix thought to himself.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:48 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Geez! What couldn't Owl Man have programmed into us then!? Glad to see you've inherited your mentor's knack for paranoia", Undyne grumbled.

On 10/15/2017 at 10:01 PM, Emperor Robrainiac said:

"..." Katii had a feeling she recognized the voice too, but was at a loss for words. She could only look towards the direction of where the voice was coming from.

"Wait... Hiss... Know voice!" Hiss gasped.

"Hang on a minute! That voice! It's only been one day but it feels so much longer!", Phoenix said recognizing the voice's owner.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:48 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Image result for phoenix wright sweating anime

"And there's only one man I know so stubborn and with that skill level of mannerly taunting on my very being", Phoenix said, exasperated.

"FUHUHUHUHUHU! Guess that makes you, our piece of evidence here, eh? Mr. Wright!", Undyne said, getting in on the roast.

"I just can't win with you people can I?", the lawyer asked.

On 10/15/2017 at 10:16 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Hm, you look just like them". Edgeworth said, noticeably limping and in pain as he walks with a cane. His clothing was more torn up, his usually tie accessory was gone, and he had a sword strapped to his back. "Q-Quite a blast from the past, I must say, even Wright has that dumbstruck look he used to have".

"Well, considering how I started today thinking I was going to help rescue you from Nepal and hopefully NOT get whipped by your crazy sister back home, can you really blame me!? Especially after I saw myself and Maya, bootlegged to a whole new level compared to last time, and in some kind of lovey dovey relationship-", the lawyer said.

"T.M.I. Phoenix", Cloud Strife stopped him there.

"Look, basically, it's been one the zanier days of my life and that's saying something considering what we do at the Academy", Phoenix capped off.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

"Well, considering how I started today thinking I was going to help rescue you from Nepal and hopefully NOT get whipped by your crazy sister back home, can you really blame me!? Especially after I saw myself and Maya, bootlegged to a whole new level compared to last time, and in some kind of lovey dovey relationship-", the lawyer said.

"T.M.I. Phoenix", Cloud Strife stopped him there.

"Look, basically, it's been one the zanier days of my life and that's saying something considering what we do at the Academy", Phoenix capped off.

Edgeworth began shaking his head. "Nepal? Save? Franziska?" Edgeworth's expression changed, one that Phoenix didn't even see before, one of pure unadultered hate, even more than any of the expressions Edgeworth showed in the past with their cases.

"I don't know of any Nepal, my sister as well as Godot are currently bootlegs because you decided to hunt them down, and the day I get saved by that knockoff of you upstairs is the day Yuta Asahina loses his powers and gains humility" 

• Thumbs Up 3