Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2017: Metroid is NOT Dead, OK?? (Nintendo Spotlight: June 13)

Marcello

October 27th can't come soon enough! Super Mario Odyssey looks amazing! And a core Pokemon RPG game being developed for the Switch? Yes please!

• Thumbs Up 1

Odyssey looks really fun, and I'm certainly more interested in that than Forces. Also really glad to see Metroid Prime 4 is a thing.

But other than that I can't say I was too impressed this year. Kirby looks fine but I'm starting to get fatigued with the games. Never really liked Yoshi games and I'm not a Pokemon fan, either.

Very far from a good show. Metroid was literally it. Mario release date and Kirby nice though  and xeno.

Fucking yes. So much good shit on the way. Mario is absolutely game of the fucking year. Kirby looks like everything i wanted. Xenoblade looked sick.   I wanted to see Metroid and Pokemon, but knowing they're coming is good enough for me. 

Only got 2 things right lol. 

Felt underwhelmed at this showcase. Only Mario and Xenoblade interested me.

NintendoE32017Bingo.jpg

Pokemon Switch and Metroid Prime 4, announced (but not shown). Zelda: BotW DLC. New Kirby and Yoshi titles. Super Mario Odyssey looking hilarious and wonderful. Not too shabby for a 25 minute spotlight! I almost cried when the MP4 announcement was made, though like Corruption, we probably won't see it this side of 2019.

Reports are saying that Metroid Prime 4 is being developed in Kyoto, and that Retro is not involved.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I'd hazard a guess that since a lot of the talent from the Metroid Prime days has since moved on, it could be for the best.

Yeah, as I suggested in my status update, I wasn't impressed by Nintendo's offering. There was only one real standout title, and it was the one people were hyped for anyway based on the last showing. We had two games that had some nice footage but vague anything else, we had one that was just a title, and one that didn't even have that. The rest were just kinda trotted out quietly bar maybe Xenoblade Chronicles 2. 

Hardcore Nintendo fans may find it great, but not a great general showcase. 

The two no shows are definitely Smash Bros. and Retro's title. What in the world is going on with those? I'm starting to think Smash Bros. Isn't a port at all. 

METROID FOR 3DS CONFIRMED

The show honestly gets a 6. I would say a 5 but metroid and Kirby helped and so did mario simply beautiful. No mention of the online service. No mention of virtual console.

Wow, in spite of its issues, I'd still say this beat the crud out of Sony and Microsoft's offerings this time.  My mind endlessly ponders what a Switch Pokémon game is going to be like and a Prime 4 just doesn't feel real.  I mean, did that just seriously happen?  Oh, and that Mario trailer was a ball as well.  I'm so glad they kept the jazzy sound from 3D World.

Between Mario and that absolutely sick looking new Kirby, I'm pretty damn happy. Also, while not a Metroid guy, I'm happy you guys are finally getting your Prime 4 whenever it may be out (unfortunately with no date I imagine Holiday 2018 at the earliest, but be happy, it's coming!) New Yoshi also looks pretty good to me, so Switch is looking very appetizing to me for the foreseeable future.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Wow, in spite of its issues, I'd still say this beat the crud out of Sony and Microsoft's offerings this time.  My mind endlessly ponders what a Switch Pokémon game is going to be like and a Prime 4 just doesn't feel real.  I mean, did that just seriously happen?  Oh, and that Mario trailer was a ball as well.  I'm so glad they kept the jazzy sound from 3D World.

I'd like to counter. If anything at least thuer shows had more games. Not all good but seeing athem.  God of war. Spider man. Lucky tale. Mh world is hard to write off against a few games 2 being just mentioned. Still I got a prime so I'm ok

The Spotlight wasn't great. Even in the short amount of time, they talked too much. I think more than Sony actually xD Mario Odyssey looks amazing. Kirby looks pretty fun. I didn't care for Yoshi. I'm super excited about Metroid Prime 4, but only having a logo was lame. Not showing anything really from Zelda DLC pack 2 was really annoying.

Including the Treehouse Live, though, and I got some awesome gameplay from Odyssey and METROID 2 REMAKE!!! Wooooo!

On 6/3/2017 at 8:58 AM, Chaos the Ariel Wisp said:

Don't fucking tease me with Metroid like that man. With a title like that I jumped straight into the topic expecting some Metroid news. I'd change it for any other Metroid fan out there. 

And you complained about the thread title.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Zippo said:

The new Yoshi game is the first ever Nintendo game to run on Unreal Engine 4. 

I wonder if this'll result in faster game development times? I mean, not having to build a new engine every time, or rework an old one from the last gen, has to have a time saving benefit, right?

Just now, Marcello said:

And you complained about the thread title.

OKAY OKAY I stand corrected sheesh I'll buy you food or something.

Would you blame me for doubting Metroid x2 was even going to happen? It's like waiting for your love in a coma to wake up. It was fucking great though. 

Just wish I had a Switch or a 3DS...

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Did anything get announced in the JP direct that wasn't in the US or UK direct?

10 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Did anything get announced in the JP direct that wasn't in the US or UK direct?

Noting big I think a rpg for 3ds outside that no

Smash was definitely the biggest no-show. I'm sure it still 100% exists, but I'm very unsure of what it actually is. I'm starting to think it's actually not a port at all. What do you guys think? Sequel or enhanced port?

Unless something else is revealed in the next two tree house streams. my question is what the heck is Retro Studios working on that they yet again are a no show.

That's the next big question. They've had four years. What's taking them so long?! Don't tell me we have to wait another year to find out. 

I'm keeping my figures crossed for a 3D DK game which is why they are taking there time. who knows maybe that will be a focus point for E3 2018. (they may be taking notes from Odyssey )

Switch First Party lineup so far:

2017:

Super Mario Odessey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Pokken Tournament Deluxe
Arms
Splatoon 2
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle 
Fire Emblem Warriors

2018 and beyond:
Fire Emblem
Kirby
Yoshi 
Metroid Prime 4
Pokemon Generation 8

Fucking phenomenal lineup ao far. They've got new entries in just about every single one of their major franchises coming, minus Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing. And many of their internal teams have unannounced games coming (Retro, Next Level, Sakurai). Not only that, some franchises are guaranteed to be making the jump to Switch (2D Mario, Smash, Animal Crossing)
We've got two more days of Treehouse live. Who knows what else is coming?