Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2017: Metroid is NOT Dead, OK?? (Nintendo Spotlight: June 13)

Marcello

14 minutes ago, Zippo said:

It's going to be such a looooooonnnngggggg fucking week. What are you guys doing in the meantime to make the time pass faster? I'm on my scheduled vacation for the next two weeks, so I'm currently going through my backlog of games including Bravely Default, Dragon Quest 7, Super Mario RPG, Metal Gear Solid and XMen Legends. 

I have work to pull me over. Then I still have Poochy and Yoshi's woolly world to play through. Super Mario Maker to continue playing through. Mario Sports Superstars to play through.  Sonic Boom fire and ice to finish.  MK8 deluxe to continue playing. And I downloaded Team Kirby clash deluxe for kicks. So I'll probably not notice the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sure Dragon Quest VIII 3D will be keeping me busy for months yet, but for now it's Shovel Knight: Specter Of Torment, which is absolutely fantastic and good enough that I might go for some additional Feats even though the game makes me feel really bad at playing it.

As for Nintendo's E3, I'm not great at making predictions without evidence - but here's a prediction with evidence: A little while ago, it came out that GameFreak was recruiting programmers for a 3DS RPG.  This seemed to sit uneasily with earlier rumours that Pokemon Stars would be Switch-exclusive.  So, my prediction: While Stars was originally envisaged as a Switch-only title and the series's the jump to console, the fact that the 3DS is lasting longer than expected has led them to make it multiplatform.  If Stars is revealed at E3, it'll be for 3DS and Switch.

Work and sleep. I prefer to keep my hype on low heat up to the day, the set the heat higher right before it starts. My expectations are pretty vague unlike others are anyway. 

What will be shown will heavily affect my standing on getting a Switch, as I'm sure others weree holding out for E3 for that reason.

8 minutes ago, TCB said:

Edited by TCB
Stupid quoting feature

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=239209914

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=239210529

Something that may be worth posting. Neogaf insider (Also the person who leaked the Switch UI, among other things.) Dystify is making some coy remarks on Gaf about a possible "Very, very exciting" Nintendo announcement coming this week. He isn't specific at all in his wording, but he seems rather confident that something is coming. A Pre E3 Direct maybe? A teaser of a new game? Guess we'll see if it holds any weight soon enough. 

12 hours ago, Zippo said:

It's going to be such a looooooonnnngggggg fucking week. What are you guys doing in the meantime to make the time pass faster? I'm on my scheduled vacation for the next two weeks, so I'm currently going through my backlog of games including Bravely Default, Dragon Quest 7, Super Mario RPG, Metal Gear Solid and XMen Legends. 

I'm replaying Super Mario RPG, too! Not nearly s far along as I would like, though. Guess that means I'll have to play more.

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=239209914

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=239210529

Something that may be worth posting. Neogaf insider (Also the person who leaked the Switch UI, among other things.) Dystify is making some coy remarks on Gaf about a possible "Very, very exciting" Nintendo announcement coming this week. He isn't specific at all in his wording, but he seems rather confident that something is coming. A Pre E3 Direct maybe? A teaser of a new game? Guess we'll see if it holds any weight soon enough. 

Coy "leakers" are the worst.

13 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Coy "leakers" are the worst.

Pokemon direct just got an announced for tomorrow 

6 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Pokemon direct just got an announced for tomorrow 

So? Who's to say if he actually knew about this? It's easy to say something exciting is going to happen if you don't say what it is. If nothing happens you can easily make excuses and when something does happen you can just as easily pretend you knew even if you didn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

Keep hearing the E3 direct is only going to be 30 minutes long. any source to that?

5 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Keep hearing the E3 direct is only going to be 30 minutes long. any source to that?

DBpbjs6UIAAdju7.jpg

There ya go

• Thumbs Up 1

DBn3_qgUwAA6N1c.jpg

DBn3_VGV0AAOWwK.jpg

DBncHXmV0AAkieK.jpg

Not sure if E3 related or not, but Nintendo is getting ready to make some announcements in Japan. 

14 minutes ago, Zippo said:

DBn3_qgUwAA6N1c.jpg

DBn3_VGV0AAOWwK.jpg

DBncHXmV0AAkieK.jpg

Not sure if E3 related or not, but Nintendo is getting ready to make some announcements in Japan. 

It probably is. Not directly, I mean. But its probably a situation where Japan announces some things alongside announcements at E3.

I'm keeping expectations very low on this one. 30 minutes isn't a lot of time. I expect Mario and very little else. My hopes are for Smash, Metroid and Retro's new game. 

Also, there's going to be plenty of announcements during the Treehouse live, I'm sure. The Superstar Saga remake and the new Kirby game will be announced and shown off during it, most definitely. 

25 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I'm keeping expectations very low on this one. 30 minutes isn't a lot of time. I expect Mario and very little else. My hopes are for Smash, Metroid and Retro's new game. 

Also, there's going to be plenty of announcements during the Treehouse live, I'm sure. The Superstar Saga remake and the new Kirby game will be announced and shown off during it, most definitely. 

Pretty sure we will see no more than five minutes of mario. Tops that's what the treehouse is for what we will see you in the spotlight for it is a release date and maybe a new trailer 

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't they said Odyssey will get focus? I guess that could mean in general (including Treehouse) but I won't be too surprised if it gets >5 minutes of the presentation.

My Nintendo No-Shows Predictions:

- New 2D Mario

- Sakurai's new game

- New Animal Crossing

- New Mario Kart

- Next Level's new game

- Fire Emblem Switch

- Pikmin 4 

I don't even need to add Pokemon. I would not expect to see any of these here. Nintendo is looking at the short term, and they don't want to blow their 2018 load just yet, which is understandable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Zippo said:

- New 2D Mario

- Sakurai's new game

- New Animal Crossing

- New Mario Kart

- Next Level's new game

- Fire Emblem Switch

- Pikmin 4 

I don't even need to add Pokemon. I would not expect to see any of these here. Nintendo is looking at the short term, and they don't want to blow their 2018 load just yet, which is understandable. 

I'm holding tight to MK8 deluxe DLC. Didn't next level make the metriod spin off? Unless they are working on Luigi's mansion for Swtich they should take a break.

Still can't understand why people are saying 30 minutes isn't enough time. The last major Direct we had was roughly 30 in length, and look how many annoucements came out of that. If anything, I'm expecting the same type of thing to happen here, with the three days of Treehouse to expand on what was shown. Mario Odyssey and one or two other games will get the larger focus, with quick bullet-announcements for everything else.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I just looked back at Wii U/3DS generation E3 conferences, and i think there's going to be plenty of time for new stuff. Not only that, but this is going to be Switch only, which shaves a lot of time off of the event. I think they're calling this a spotlight, rather than a "digital event" for a valid reason. I would not expect developer interviews, (With Treehouse Live, It's now redundant when you can just have interviews and see them actually playing the game during it.), nor would I expect any fluff or skits/gags this time around. I think they're going to go from trailer to trailer to trailer with no filler in between. Also, given how Splatoon 2, Arms and Pokken have already gotten extensive coverage in the past 3 Directs, and coupled with the fact that all three of them are getting livestreamed tournaments at E3, I would not expect to see any of those three games in the Spotlight. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Reggie does an introduction and then an outtro and then that happened to be it for narration during the spotlight. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, DarkRula said:

Still can't understand why people are saying 30 minutes isn't enough time. The last major Direct we had was roughly 30 in length, and look how many annoucements came out of that. If anything, I'm expecting the same type of thing to happen here, with the three days of Treehouse to expand on what was shown. Mario Odyssey and one or two other games will get the larger focus, with quick bullet-announcements for everything else.

Eh, the last Digital Event featured developer diaries. With those dropped out, at most we'll be seeing games with trailers 2-3 minutes long. The only one that might be a little longer is Mario Odyssey. Pokemon, ARMS, and Splatoon 2 will be absent and its Switch only, which is plenty of time to show new trailers for known games and announce new titles.

16 hours ago, Zippo said:

DBn3_qgUwAA6N1c.jpg

DBn3_VGV0AAOWwK.jpg

DBncHXmV0AAkieK.jpg

UUM if anything  it's just their park announcement most likely.  hasn't that been long known?

15 hours ago, Zippo said:

- New 2D Mario

- Sakurai's new game

- New Animal Crossing

- New Mario Kart

- Next Level's new game

- Fire Emblem Switch

- Pikmin 4 

I agree with most of these, though I'm iffy on Next Level and Pikmin 4. Next Level depends. Pikmin 4 I think is one of the more likely announcements, actually. But I could see it missing this E3 as well. Its 50/50 to me.

New 2D Mario, I don't think we're getting another one except Mario Maker on Switch anyway.

Animal Crossing I agree on because the AC devs are currently making Splatoon 2. So AC Switch I think is probably going to be a title for next year. I think AC Switch will be announced in an Animal Crossing direct later this year when they show off the mobile AC title.

I think there'll probably be a New Super Mario Bros. Switch along at some point, but maybe not yet.  They'll want all eyes on Odyssey, and NSMB will have to step it up quite a bit to even begin to compare.  Easier not to put them up against one another.

Remember what I said about seeing some more Switch Konami revivals, well this interview is definitely hinting at it https://miketendo64.com/2017/06/06/interview-a-conference-call-with-konamis-richard-jones/

uring said call we got to talk with Richard Jones, a European Brand Manager will Konami and we discussed a range of topics from Super Bomberman R, to even Castlevania the Netflix series. While not everything we discussed can be shared, there are quite a few things we can, so without further ado, here are a few select statements from Konami’s Mr. Jones that we can make public:

Richard Jones on More Konami Games for Switch:

“All I can say is that there is lots of internal discussions going on within Konami regarding what games we can bring to the Nintendo Switch, other than Bomberman, a game which we are well aware of its heritage and how loved it and Castlevania is. So much so that Castlevania is getting is getting its own show on Netflix and because of that, we’re hearing a lot of desires from our fans for a new Castlevania series. So we do know there is a demand for a new game, but right now nothing is set in stone as the discussions are still on going.”

Richard Jones on a Coin Revision for Super Bomberman R:

“As of right now, there are no plans to revise the coin system for Super Bomberman R, but the Bomberman team are open to ideas, so it is something we will consider, but they are currently working on other ideas first.”

Richard Jones on Super Bomberman R’s Cut-Off Point:

“While I can’t say how long far we will continue to support Super Bmberman R, I can say we do have plenty of other ideas in the works and have a few big updates on the way. For example, while I can’t announce anything for the version 1.5 update, suffice to say there will be more stages and other things. But although I can’t confirm there will be more costumes/characters, there may or may not be some more later on down the line. We’ll just have to see how it goes.”

Image result for Super Bomberman R

Richard Jones on Super Bomberman R’s version 1.4 Update:

“As far as the current progress on version 1.4 goes, I can’t say what stage it is at, but I can say it is coming along nicely and we will be announcing something about it soon enough.”

Richard Jones on What he thinks of Super Bomberman R:

“Super Bomberman R is just such a great game to play. It’s got an entertaining story, will appeal to Bomberman fans and is just in general an all-round pleasant game.”

Richard Jones on Super Bomberman R Never Being Considered for the Wii U:

“The short answer is no. Super Bomberman R was only ever considered for the Nintendo Switch. We first learned of the console in 2015 and our dev team started to think up what game would have the most impact on it and before you knew it, we were settled on doing a Bomberman game and not long after Super Bomberman R was conceived and development properly began in 2016.

Plus by making the game exclusive to Nintendo’s new platform, it was a great way of renewing the series, whilst creating a new game that’s fun for all those who play it, which consists of both the classic Bomberman package that fans love, whilst supporting new designs.”

Richard Jones on Super Bomberman R’s Fan Reaction:

“As far as reaction goes, we were absolutely balled over by how well received Super Bomberman R was, back when it was first announced. It was far more than what we were expected. And then when it released the response was still overwhelmingly positive, so it’s definitely a game we do want to continue to support for the time being, but it is too soon to think about a sequel.

But going by the reactions received, it just goes to show Super Bomberman R was a game Bomberman fans were asking for and is just great to put out a game on Switch that Bomberman fans who first experienced the series as kids, can now play the game with their own kids.”

Richard Jones on a Message for Bomberman Series Fans:

“From all of us at Konami, we are truly pleased with the reception Super Bomberman R received and would like to say that we hope everyone who brought the game, enjoys it for what it is and as the game is the latest in a series that has brought fans the world over a lot of joy. Thank you all for your continued support.”

considering it's Konami of EU, it's likely the Japan side already has stuff in development they don't know about

Here we go boys, the fake leaks have arrived: From 4chan's /V/ Board:

So I've been to LACC recently to do some setup work on E3 (not gonna say what) so there are some things I can tell y'all about Nintendo's showfloor. Sorry no pics cause 1. I was busy 2. Didn't want to get into trouble on the day itself but now that I'm done and I can take advantage of the internet mask of anonymity thought I might as well have some fun. Many people won't believe me (partly because I have a feeling that Ninty fanboys are going to be pretty disappointed about this... denial and all that) but fuck it

First things first not everything was set up so maybe there will be more stuff but I really doubt there's anything major left. And again this is the showfloor so this may not be all they talk about during their direct but it's a safe bet

First things first, no Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4 (although Hey Pikmin is there), Smash Bros, F-Zero (to any fool who still belived nintendo is making more of these), Pokemon Stars. All of these do not exist on the showfloor. Ninty fans hoping for these (and from what I know there are a lot) will be disappointed so don't say you weren't warned

Mario Odyssey is the main highlight as expected. There's statues of Mario holding his sentient cap, the Hat flying machine, Bowser in his pimp costume. Nothing we haven't seen before. The booth is decorated to look like New Donk City and there are like 20+ monitors set up there for the public to play. I didn't get to of course, the switches were not set up there yet. There is a video feed, though, and there is new stuff shown:

1. Mushroom Kingdom appears to be a playable level. Probably the intro level. Other new levels shown are a Haunted Mansion of sorts as well as a sky level with towers

2. Old powerups -- fire flower, starman, propeller hat, cloud hat return, though the powerups themselves are not seen. I suspect they are tied to the Crazy Cap store and the sentient hat this time instead of pickups.

Will continue posting below since I'm hitting the word limit

3. New powerup that seems to give Mario electricity powers exists

4. More footage of existing levels are also shown, but I don't remember anything too interesting. 

Moving on to other booths

ARMS gets a booth as expected. Nothing exciting

Splatoon 2 gets a booth. There is a video feed there too. I haven't played the first one so I can;t really tell if there's anything new. A level with lots of slopes resembling an indoor skate park is shown and there's also a level with floating platforms in like a swimming pool or something.

Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle gets a booth as well. Pretty much what you have seen. Not sure if this has been leaked yet but the player character appears to be a UFO rabbit of sorts commanding the characters around.

Fire Emblem Warriors gets a booth. The mage (Tharja?) from Awakening is playable, as are Marth and Camilla (these are the ones recognised. There are more but I don't think I've ever seen them before)

Pokken Tournament gets a booth

Xenoblade 2 gets a booth. Nothing very interesting, desu, looks like the first one with an anime skin. No idea what the story is,, but the rolling grassy fantasy areas are there alright

Okay now some new switch stuff

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is getting a port. This surprised me since it's supposed to have sold like ass in Japan. Maybe they're trying to escape the wii u's low userbase. No more wii u ports iirc

Pilotwings + Waverace is a new game... set on wuhu island from what I can see and resembles the 3ds pilotwings and wii sports resort jetskiing. Nothing too big, nothing anyone asked for, but it looks pretty fun for casual play

Square Enix's octopath traveller is there, and I've nothing to say about it because it was only half set up. 

Sonic Mania and Forces have booths. There is a new level in Mania that is shown off, reminds me of sky sanctuary but I don't think it is. Forces is, well, forces and I didn't see anything new there. The public will prob get to try the C.C. (tbc below)

(I don't know what the random desu is doing there in the previous post... freudian slip? Anyway moving on)

Monster Hunter XX port is coming. I know it's been announced in Japan but this is the localised version. 3ds and switch versions will both be playable.

Sin and Punishment Angel's Ascent is a new game in the Sin and Punishment series (last one was on the wii I think). Very flashy, looks as if it was developed by Platinum

Skyrim for Nintendo Switch has a booth. Notice how it's not the "legendary edition". Graphics seem to be improved, though, so no idea what this means

Project Mekuru (that low budget panel flipping eshop game) has a booth

Speaking of 3ds, Ever Oasis, Hey Pikmin, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and the new Kirby eshop games will all be playable

There are also tons of indies including Stardew valley and yooka laylee but I don't have anything interesting to say here.

Sorry if that wasn't very interesting or even disppointing, but that is what I saw and what I'll report. Signing off."