Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2017: Metroid is NOT Dead, OK?? (Nintendo Spotlight: June 13)

Marcello

Just now, KHCast said:

I guess 7 has a shot, especially thanks to Smash

That and all the delay it's liable to get.

Oh ho ho ho!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, KHCast said:

Really doubting that. Especially if Xbox isn't getting anything and if KH3 isn't going on the thing.

anyway, Smash is what I'm hoping for 

That's what bothers me. KH3 is coming to Xbox One(unless something happens which I doubt) but why don't Xbox fans get the collections to get into the series? Cause they're probably going to be confused with the games plot when they jump into 3 but that's just me. 

Speaking of Square I wonder if they're going to show off more of project Octopath Traveler at Nintendo's press event even tho that wasn't listed their 2018 and beyond plans for their finical year.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

That's what bothers me. KH3 is coming to Xbox One(unless something happens which I doubt) but why don't Xbox fans get the collections to get into the series? Cause they're probably going to be confused with the games plot when they jump into 3 but that's just me. 

Speaking of Square I wonder if they're going to show off more of project Octopath Traveler at Nintendo's press event even tho that wasn't listed their 2018 and beyond plans for their finical year.

GamesBeat: Is there any fear of Xbox One owners feeling left out?

Yasue: Kingdom Hearts III is very much — it’s a game that will be better if you understand all the other stories. But at the same time, you can enjoy it without following the whole arc. As you know, all the Kingdom Hearts stories have a conclusion at the end of each Disney world. You can still enjoy that as well. For the whole arc, it might help to understand, but there’s still a lot of fun in each Disney world.

It's it's really smug patronizing shitty reasoning trying to essentially say you don't "NEEEED" the other games to enjoy the games

• Thumbs Up 1

I find FF7R a far more believable addition to Switch than I do Kingdom Hearts at this point in time. Smash aside, the game hasn't formally started development has it? They could be working their plans around a scaled down version.

Then again, I don't know how far KHIII is in development, since it's been delayed until, like, 2020 or something. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'm not really counting on it. And I'm kind of indifferent after all this time has passed and all but lost interest in where the narrative went after KHII.

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It's it's really smug patronizing shitty reasoning 

Let's be fair. People following Kingdom Hearts can barely understand it at this point.

It's not delayed to 2020, it was thrown in with a bunch of other games Square has said will "release within the next 3 years or so" so could be 2018-19 for all we know, which, given Square wanting KH to be a fairly yearly franchise, I could see still happening.

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It's it's really smug patronizing shitty reasoning trying to essentially say you don't "NEEEED" the other games to enjoy the games

I'm neither getting smug nor patronizing from that reasoning. It's not like half the stuff is easy to understand with all the games played anyways.

Regardless I dunno whether the Switch is getting KH and I don't really care either, I really don't need to play through the games a third time, especially KHII's dumb mushroom trials.

On a different topic, I'd love to see a Smash port announced... But it might be too early. Also, they might not wanna take away attention from ARMS.

Just now, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I'm neither getting smug nor patronizing from that reasoning. It's not like half the stuff is easy to understand with all the games played anyways.

Regardless I dunno whether the Switch is getting KH and I don't really care either, I really don't need to play through the games a third time, especially KHII's dumb mushroom trials.

On a different topic, I'd love to see a Smash port announced... But it might be too early. Also, they might not wanna take away attention from ARMS.

It's still better than being dropped at the literal end of a series and being expected to enjoy being lost beyond all reason.

It's not delayed to 2020, it was thrown in with a bunch of other games Square has said will "release within the next 3 years or so" so could be 2018-19 for all we know, which, given Square wanting KH to be a fairly yearly franchise, I could see still happening.

Ah, I see. I guess I misunderstood the vague three-year time period they gave. My bad.

2018-19 would make the most sense. In either case, I can't really count on it as coming to Switch. At least not until after the PS4/X1 versions have already come out.

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

If Kingdom Hearts 3 continues the trend of the vast majority of the game being hack and slash gameplay with Disney fanservice I could see where he's coming from, I dunno. 

That being said I don't think KH3, or any KH game is coming to the switch any time soon. 

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

If Kingdom Hearts 3 continues the trend of the vast majority of the game being hack and slash gameplay with Disney fanservice I could see where he's coming from, I dunno. 

That being said I don't think KH3, or any KH game is coming to the switch any time soon. 

If is more like BBS/3D's ending segments, and there's lots of stuff where it's expected you know what happened before, that's where I'm concerned that Square are inconsiderately regarding other players that aren't Sony.  I mean we've seen that just having Disney and fun gameplay doesn't save Square for being immensely criticized for inaccessible confusing stories. Dialogue and story in rpg's are like half the point of the game 

basically im saying, it's a shit reason to go "lol Xbox players don't need the games and we aren't doing it"

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

If is more like BBS/3D's ending segments, and there's lots of stuff where it's expected you know what happened before, that's where I'm concerned that Square are inconsiderately regarding other players that aren't Sony. 

I can see where the concerns come from. I'm just wondering if, since this is a numbered game, they'll pull a KH2 and kind of shrug off the events of the side games/put less emphasis on them somehow. Sora forgetting Chain of Memories and pretty much everyone involved in DAYS forgetting about it seemed like a pretty blatant way of saying "It's cool if you didn't play it." 

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

I can see where the concerns come from. I'm just wondering if, since this is a numbered game, they'll pull a KH2 and kind of shrug off the events of the side games/put less emphasis on them somehow. Sora forgetting Chain of Memories and pretty much everyone involved in DAYS forgetting about it seemed like a pretty blatant way of saying "It's cool if you didn't play it." 

Maybe. But this is the end of the Xehanort saga. And if we're going off of 0.2 , at the very least, BBS and 3D will be heavily brought up and tied to it. (Chain of memories also given what we now know about castle Oblivion.)  Days is only gonna be brought up for Xion, and re:Coded and X are gonna get flat out ignored.

still, would be nice for more systems to have this series I guess if Square are really wanting to branch out the market 

Maybe. But this is the end of the Xehanort saga. And if we're going off of 0.2 , at the very least, BBS and 3D will be heavily brought up and tied to it. (Chain of memories also given what we now know about castle Oblivion.)  Days is only gonna be brought up for Xion, and re:Coded and X are gonna get flat out ignored.

still, would be nice for more systems to have this series I guess if Square are really wanting to branch out the market 

I think it'd be nice if Kingdom Hearts games could come to the switch but I don't want KH3 to be held back, delayed or scaled down by any means for it. 

I feel that way about a lot of third party franchises to be honest. Sequels using cutting edge technology is exciting stuff. Makes me hesitant to ask for switch support.

35 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Switch that with WoFF. There lol.

I guess 7 has a shot, especially thanks to Smash

Does the 7 Remake use Unreal 4? If so, it's definitely possible, but the pessimist in me says Square wouldn't want to do any extra legwork (though Epic did make a full toolset for Switch already).

20 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It's still better than being dropped at the literal end of a series and being expected to enjoy being lost beyond all reason.

KH3D had those synopsis things that remind you what happened in the last games. I'm sure KHIII will have the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

I think it'd be nice if Kingdom Hearts games could come to the switch but I don't want KH3 to be held back, delayed or scaled down by any means for it. 

I feel that way about a lot of third party franchises to be honest. Sequels using cutting edge technology is exciting stuff. Makes me hesitant to ask for switch support.

Oh I'm on the same page regarding 3. I don't see it or any of the games going to switch, and I don't want any more reasons for why it's taking so long lol. Plus like you said, I don't wanna see it help back in terms of power and sheer tech.

1 minute ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

KH3D had those synopsis things that remind you what happened in the last games. I'm sure KHIII will have the same thing.

They were like long ass monologues. That's not the best way to catch up newcomers to a series, expecting them to read long as synopsis's.

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Well, there has been quite a bit of talk about that, to be fair. XD

If this happens my whole life will be complete. Waited long enough for the remake, and I don't plan on buying a PS4 just for FF7R.

Nintendo handhelds have a reliable record of getting Kingdom Hearts spin-offs, mind, so it's not inconceivable that we'll get another one of those just to complicate the story even more while development of KHIII proper trudges on.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh boy, Nintendo, the company that I love and hate at the same time. I like their games, but I hate their company decisions. Anyway, what do I want to see from them?

I want to see if Superstar Saga remake is actually real. I loved playing that game on an emulator and I'd love to replay it on a different engine.

I am somewhat interested on that Mario x Rabbids crossover, just because to see how that game will work and why does it even exist. It still pisses me off that this crossover gets  better game genre, than Mario and Sonic...

I'd like to see some announcements for the Switch, maybe some big games, never bad to have those.

I also want to see some Fire Emblem Warriors action, although I'm still disappointed that the game will mostly represent Awakening and Fates (and Shadow Dragon too, but cuz Marth). I need muh Alm and Celica in a Warriors game.

I don't think there are any 3DS titles I'm interested in. Hey!Pikmin looks bad, I'm not really impressed by Ever Oasis, and Kirby is, well, Kirby.

And of course I want to see more Odyssey, even as someone who doesn't really like Mario games.

Nintendo, Nintendo. Hmm.

Honestly, this is a weird one for me. Either I already have what i want from them coming down the pipeline (Mario Odessey, Splatoon, Xebiblade, Arms, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Zelda), or I know the ones I want are guaranteed (Smash Bros., Pokemon). Honestly, Metroid, Donkey Kong and Wave Race are the ones remaining that i want to return. And out of those 3, Metroid seems the most likely. I 100% believe that we'll be seeing a BRAND NEW Metroid game 9 days from now. I feel it in my soul. Not saying it's coming this year. Not saying it's even coming soonish, but Reggie would not play with people's emotions like that. 2D, 2.5D, 3D, First Person, i don't care. Just give me Metroid. 

Also Mother 3 is coming, probably. 

AlsogivemeatonofMarioOdesseyAKAGAMEOFTHEFOREVER2017detailsbutnottoomuchkthnxbye

4 hours ago, FFWF said:

Nintendo handhelds have a reliable record of getting Kingdom Hearts spin-offs, mind, so it's not inconceivable that we'll get another one of those just to complicate the story even more while development of KHIII proper trudges on.

Agreed. Though we have to remember that those aren't even spin-offs,  especially in the story sense! :P

I made the mistake of thinking that when I skipped Chain of Memories between 1 and 2. Never again. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

I can see a "spinoff" after 3 happening on Switch, but nothing until 3's released and shit. Just get done with the Xehanort saga, and then start fresh on all the big consoles 

I just thought of something we'll likely see that nobody has mentioned. Another Nintendo-Konami co-developed game revival. At least 1, if not 2 or 3. Super Bomberman R is one of the best selling games in the series, and the Japanese exclusive 3DS train game was also a modest success. They are perfect mid-tier budget games needed to bolster the release schedule. Personally I'd love to see a Goemon revival co-developed by Good Feel(where most the Goemon devs are now), or maybe something more obscure or Nintendo exclusive like a good remake/sequel to Hybrid Heaven. and of course there is always Contra

It's going to be such a looooooonnnngggggg fucking week. What are you guys doing in the meantime to make the time pass faster? I'm on my scheduled vacation for the next two weeks, so I'm currently going through my backlog of games including Bravely Default, Dragon Quest 7, Super Mario RPG, Metal Gear Solid and XMen Legends.