Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2017: Metroid is NOT Dead, OK?? (Nintendo Spotlight: June 13)

Marcello

22 hours ago, Zippo said:

Some potentially exciting news for those wrorried that there wouldn't be any new game announcements. Both Best Buy and Gamestop are listing three unannounced Switch games. We know for sure that one is Mario + Rabbids, but the other two are not known. Best Buy even says the games will be announced at E3. 

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/e3.aspx

DCDqpQCVYAQUPxu.jpg

What do you guys think they could be?

DCJuhwsV0AAg5no.jpg

Well shit. The Gamestop listing looks to be legit. They listed a 100 dollar Switch SKI and it turned out to be real. We're getting 3 new game announcements tomorrow, at the very least. 

After Sony and Microsoft have given us underwhelming conferences, it's obvious to me now:

This is Nintendo's chance to strike while the iron is HOT!

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

After Sony and Microsoft have given us underwhelming conferences, it's obvious to me now:

This is Nintendo's chance to strike while the iron is HOT!

Well, Skyrim Switch, Arms, Splatoon, Pokken Tourney Dx and Mario Rabbids are all out of the way. Only games we know are likely/will definitely show up are SMO, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem 2018/Warriors.... and that's it. If their last Direct pacing is any example we could be in for quite a bit.

My bets on Retro's new game, and a new game or two from Konami/partnered. maybe one or two other retail, then a few smaller scale. That and with everybody thinking it won't happen, VC would also be a huge surprise

I'm sure it means nothing, but people are speculating about From Software and Platinum being No-Shows so far, and are wondering if that means something could happen in the morning.

If fucking only.  Could you imagine?

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I'm sure it means nothing, but people are speculating about From Software and Platinum being No-Shows so far, and are wondering if that means something could happen in the morning.

If fucking only.  Could you imagine?

Honestly speaking if we were to get a dark souls port announcement along with a new platinum game on switch "Sheer heart attack" would not be enough to describe how happy i'd be.

I swear, if that "Let's just say people might be getting double what they asked for from the return of a long awaited franchise." doesn't mean 2 new Metroid games, I'll post either here or in the chat room that I'm crying even though I'm not.

So watch out, Nintendo and NimbusCub... 

I know everyone is asleep by this point but does anyone have any idea what his clues mean? I'm stumped. 

6 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I know everyone is asleep by this point but does anyone have any idea what his clues mean?

Hard to say.  One idea is that there's a winter theme of some sort and as for Green Lantern, well... I'm a little stumped on that.  Metroid does come to mind, since GL has a couple parallels with it (kinda) such as being set in space and Samus being a galaxy protector herself.  It's all very broad really. 

People seem to be thinking Hearthstone, because of how much a perfect fit it is for the system. 

No clue. He says he's keeping it vague so his sources are protected, but says we have guessed correctly what the franchise is. The Blizzard game and the Switch/3DS games are two separate things apparently. Metroid has the most guesses looking at the thread itself. 

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=240473092

New real metroid would be fucking awesome.

I was kidding with Lost Vikings because it's what I think of with blizzard and ninty. A new one might be fun tho lol. 

I'm expecting the Switch physical version of Mania (assuming that it does indeed exist) to be announced at some point during the Treehouse. Hopefully we'll see a more substantial amount of Forces.