Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, EllieBot said:

HINTED: Cameo from Amy and/or Metal Sonic in Project 2017!

Fixed.

Uhhh...

Isn't it pretty much an expectation to see the main cast by now? Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman and to a degree, Metal Sonic are pretty much a routine thing nowadays.

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

He can't remember whether he designed Charmy, ha. 

But he was certain that Espio was made by someone else.

Hoshino throwing in that stealthy Charmy shade.

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

He can't remember whether he designed Charmy, ha. 

I think he just wants to forget a terrible character :V

1 minute ago, EllieBot said:

I think he just wants to forget a terrible character :V

I dunno... The comics did pretty good with him. Not that I ever liked him any greater though even with the comics in mind.

Than again I'm not a fan of any of the Chaotix cast really.

So basically he did design Charmy, as I theorised. That's nice to know. 

Even if it is an old shame for him. 

The big kicker was something about no trailers until the launch of the game right?

I understand not wanting to reveal too much, and I understand not wanting anything, especially the game itself leaked, but at the same time I'm having a hard time agreeing that the way Mania is being handled publicly is going well...

If it's such a BIG game, are a few stages/zones beyond what we've got REALLY that big of a deal? If it's so massive, there should be more than enough to enjoy unspoiled even with reveals/videos and such...

I dunno, just me. I'm all for secrets and stuff, but at the same time... I dunno. Is it really bad/wrong to say there should be more coming out?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hoshino is impressed with Taxman & the other developers knowledge of the Sonic series.

We'll be getting some sort of news next month.

Next stream in two weeks.

That's about it.....

Not even a release date still? Damn.

I wasn't convinced we'd get a new Zone today but I thought we'd get something, like maybe a peek at Green Hill Act 2.

I just wish we knew how long we have to wait.

3 minutes ago, Soni said:

C3siimyWMAAuK7N.jpg

This was a magical experience and wish Alex Kidd a quick recovery!

Oh my gosh this is GREAT

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Spooky Mulder said:

Not even a release date still? Damn.

I wasn't convinced we'd get a new Zone today but I thought we'd get something, like maybe a peek at Green Hill Act 2.

I just wish we knew how long we have to wait.

With a screen already released of the second act I expected this much as well. Again, if the game is so big, there shouldn't be a need on this conservative approach unless in actuality it's not.

So by next month, that is March right?

So I guess February is gonna be a another quiet period then. 

I guess I'll wait for Sonadow stream in the next 2 week's stream. :P

C3sjtxLWQAADYTT.jpg

You just got Puyo Puyo'd. Again.

Anyway, that was a fun stream, Mania info or not. Hoshino-san interview was really interesting and the MBM gameplay was fun to watch too. Back to uh, awaiting Mania news I guess!  

• Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

The big kicker was something about no trailers until the launch of the game right?

I understand not wanting to reveal too much, and I understand not wanting anything, especially the game itself leaked, but at the same time I'm having a hard time agreeing that the way Mania is being handled publicly is going well...

If it's such a BIG game, are a few stages/zones beyond what we've got REALLY that big of a deal? If it's so massive, there should be more than enough to enjoy unspoiled even with reveals/videos and such...

I dunno, just me. I'm all for secrets and stuff, but at the same time... I dunno. Is it really bad/wrong to say there should be more coming out?

I feel like the relevant question is less "what's the harm", and more "what's the benefit?". We all want to see more, sure, but if they did show more, would that actually translate to more sales, or is it just feeding the people who are already set on buying it?

I'd imagine for most people the reveal trailer was enough to decide if they were into it or not. Mania is a pretty straightforward game, once people know what it is, there's not much that can be revealed that might change the minds of people on the fence.

• Thumbs Up 7

That was a pretty alright stream.  Didn't expect anything so I'm not disappointed.

To anyone who's upset or frustrated about the lack of news, be patient. Find something you like to do, there's tons of great old and new games to play pass the time. Mania will get a blowout soon. Hang in there.

• Thumbs Up 2