Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Could be for Ice Cap, or surfing on dat Hydrocity!

Reminds me of the unused Sonic 3 animation:

Image result for Sonic 3 beta angel island gif

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

OHPLEASEGODYES.

ICECAP BITCHES.

Or any snow level.

Or any level with a boarding mechanic.

Like Sand Hill.

• Thumbs Up 2

A few of the posts in their tumblr reference Angel Island, referring to the look of California's sunshine. Possible that it could have been a hint, and since Sonic needs a reason/way of getting back to Angel Island (the island itself), i think Angel Island zone is a perfect chance for them to give a lot of references. This animation could totally be them showing that he will be entering the island in the style that was torn from the Beta (another fantastic nod).

You know they love to reference anything and everything possible. I don't think its too large of a stretch to think that :)

• Thumbs Up 2

also in that video, there is the hanging animation. could either be for mushroom hill, flying battery, (sandopolis), or mystic cave. or maybe simply because tails carries sonic.

Just now, FReaK said:

also in that video, there is the hanging animation. could either be for mushroom hill, flying battery, (sandopolis), or mystic cave. or maybe simply because tails carries sonic.

I think this more or less is just the sprite used when he's being carried.

Also it was used when he was holding onto that swing thingy from that one screenshot in Green Hill Zone Act 2 that was shown in the magazine. 

Speaking of which, doesn't that seem like a small reference to Angel Island already, since Angel Island Zone does have those vines you can grab onto and youll slide down it.

6 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

A few of the posts in their tumblr reference Angel Island, referring to the look of California's sunshine. Possible that it could have been a hint, and since Sonic needs a reason/way of getting back to Angel Island (the island itself), i think Angel Island zone is a perfect chance for them to give a lot of references. This animation could totally be them showing that he will be entering the island in the style that was torn from the Beta (another fantastic nod).

You know they love to reference anything and everything possible. I don't think its too large of a stretch to think that :)

I am really hopeful though not having any expectations, for one or two of the completely new zones to be taking place on Floating island!  It would be possible with the way they have combined act layouts into a single act, for Angel Island to be a single act (with a different route perhaps due to landscape changes?) leading up to a new zone that would show what is on the surface between Angel Island and Marble Garden....!!

1 minute ago, AxelPrime said:

So how much more time until the livestream?

I'm not sure which time zone "2pm" refers to. If it's EST time, then it'll be in about 30 minutes. If it's California Time (their location), then in about 3 hours and 30 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

I'm not sure which time zone "2pm" refers to. If it's EST time, then it'll be in about 30 minutes. If it's California Time (their location), then in about 3 hours and 30 minutes.

24 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

(from previous page!!)

Thank you.

Something I noticed on the Facebook recent post.

They state "Emerald Hill" zone.

Do you guys think this an anticipation hint?

I personally hope not, because as great as that level is, we are already getting the Greenest of Green colored Hill zones. Green Hill Zone. We don't need another green colored hill zone.

EmeraldHill.PNG

Just now, Gemster312 said:

Something I noticed on the Facebook recent post.

They state "Emerald Hill" zone.

Do you guys think this an anticipation hint?

I personally hope not, because as great as that level is, we are already getting the Greenest of Green colored Hill zones. Green Hill Zone. We don't need another green colored hill zone.

EmeraldHill.PNG

I guess Aurora Icefield's in too!

...don't be daft. It's an offhand comment, innit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

I guess Aurora Icefield's in too!

...don't be daft. It's an offhand comment, innit.

I'm just thirsty for more clues. So... thirsty!

So, how long would it take us to search the whole internet for more cluuues...? Better go in alphabetical URL order, so we don't get lost.

About that sprite... It's indeed a dummied out sprite, and we all know how much Taxman likes this kind of stuff. It's definitely making it into the game, we just don't know for what action/gimmick.

BTW, really excited to finally get some news! :P