Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

Wouldn't know. Looks to be the work of the mobile team.

The prospect of an official Sonic Fighters Z would be something else. Not teasing or confirming anything, just thinking out loud. :V

• Thumbs Up 3

58 minutes ago, SonicEkkusu said:

@GeneHF Was this question actually in the SEGA Survey?

CjZlF2JW0AEOyDn.jpg

I didn't see this question when I did the survey, that's why I'm asking.

DBZ would be my number 1 choice. My Little Pony, though? Hahahahahaha! No.

I think a stealth question for something else. 

16 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

@GeneHF Was this question actually in the SEGA Survey?

CjZlF2JW0AEOyDn.jpg

I didn't see this question when I did the survey, that's why I'm asking.

DBZ would be my number 1 choice. My Little Pony, though? Hahahahahaha! No.

"Capcom characters"

"Nintendo characters"

Get on it, SEGA.

12 hours ago, Dashman said:

"Capcom characters"

"Nintendo characters"

Get on it, SEGA.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

MY LITTLE PONYYYYYYYYYY - Sonic and Rainbow Dash foreveerrrrrr!!!!

...lmfao God I'm so sorry. I just see it EVERYWHERE...

But for a BOOM crossover I'd say Adventure Time because it just feels like it'd fit.

For a main series crossover I'd say DBZ or Capcom.

We've had more than enough Nintendo period with Sonic, as mentioned the Olympic games, the Lost World DLC, etc.

6 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

DBZ, definitely. No MLP, or Adventure Time.

Part of me hopes this survey is real because of a possible DBZ or Capcom crossover, but I also hope it's fake because of My Little Pony..

In think this type of question is a stealth theming question.

• Thumbs Up 2

Someone on Reddit(/YouTube) claims to leaked Knuckles Theme for the upcoming Sonic Game - of course this seems unlikely, but the song can't be found when using music tracker tools or searching the lyrics. That guitar also reminds me of Jun Senoue, maybe some of you know the song?

Here's the upload from YouTube:

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember when hoaxers used to try?

It's a really cool song, but unless there's the original link/poster or something else to validate it not worth putting much attention to it.

8 hours ago, spoe said:

Someone on Reddit(/YouTube) claims to leaked Knuckles Theme for the upcoming Sonic Game - of course this seems unlikely, but the song can't be found when using music tracker tools or searching the lyrics. That guitar also reminds me of Jun Senoue, maybe some of you know the song?

Here's the upload from YouTube:

Real or not, that is a damn cool song.

8 hours ago, EarthwOrm Jim said:

Fake. Original song comes from Lazer Team by Rooster Teeth:

Well there you go. Probably only took a google search.

Why did they have to use Runners as a thumbnail? Whyyyyyyy? 

Don't they have other photos of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all in the same place? That preferably looks better updated from Heroes? No? Really?

• Thumbs Up 2

Is this the first time ever that a new Sonic game hasn't been revealed throughout March, April and May? 

Two weeks until E3...if we don't get anything there (which would be stupid but ok) then it's a given that July is when we'll finally get a trailer of sorts and it's going to be a Q1 2017 game. 

SEGA Europe have pulled out of E3. It was already pretty much known, but here's your confirmation. 

I didn't expect a Sonic announcement there anyway, but put that trail of thought firmly to rest if you held it. 

Yeah this only pushes my hype further into the negatives. At this point, we probably won't get the announcement until the July party, if even there.

Yaaawwwnnn. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Since the retrospective, I've taken Aaron's word on it being announced in July; hasn't failed me thus far. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Given how Sega Europe has been acting lately over the topic of debate for localizing Sega/Atlus games to that region, it doesn't surprise me that they decided to drop out completely. As this means Sega won't have any booth whatsoever and no Sonic game has been announced yet, I guess this puts to rest any idea of Sonic Team's next project coming out this year, even if Sega does announce Sonic Team's title much later this year. By the by...

3 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

Is this the first time ever that a new Sonic game hasn't been revealed throughout March, April and May? 

Two weeks until E3...if we don't get anything there (which would be stupid but ok) then it's a given that July is when we'll finally get a trailer of sorts and it's going to be a Q1 2017 game. 

Well that depends on what criteria you're looking for.

If you're referring to any Sonic title, Sonic Runners is the most recent (December 2015).

If you want to exclude Runners on the grounds of being recent, the preceding Sonic title announced outside this period was Sonic Dash (October 2012).

If you don't want to include mobile/digital games, that leaves you with Black Knight (October 2008).

If you want to narrow it down to the main series games, that leaves you with Advance 3 concerning handheld games (September 2003) or Sonic Adventure 2 concerning console games (October 1999).

All of these games were released the year after they were announced, and said releases of these games were outside the typical holiday release for contemporary Sonic titles. Runners was February (soft launch), Black Knight was March, and both Advance 3 and Adventure 2 were all June releases (Runners too, if you go by the worldwide launch).

So by this point, I'd say it's best to expect Sonic Team's next Sonic game as a 2017 title, even if it is announced before 2016's end.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Given how Sega Europe has been acting lately over the topic of debate for localizing Sega/Atlus games to that region, it doesn't surprise me that they decided to drop out completely. As this means Sega won't have any booth whatsoever and no Sonic game has been announced yet, I guess this puts to rest any idea of Sonic Team's next project coming out this year, even if Sega does announce Sonic Team's title much later this year. By the by...

Not necessarily. 

Fallout 4 was announced June 2015; released November 2015. Sure July's a month later, but the announcement timing I don't think has anything to do with how far along it is.

I'm open to the idea it could be delayed into next year, but I don't think it's a certainty. 

If Sonic Team's main game ends being announced for next year then I think there's probably going to have to be something else this year.

Not that I think we absolutely need a game for the 25th, and I'm fine with a wait (even more so when they actually tell us what it is) but I have a feeling SEGA won't want this year to slip by with just the Olympics and Boom even if it's as simple as a new compilation.

Personally I'd love a boost trilogy collection like the Uncharted collection, or even just Colours and Generations if they really don't want to go near Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll say exactly what I said last year.

What have they got to show? 

Now... I've 'heard' things which are apparently in development, and heard a few wildcard rumours about projects too. 

But really, what have they got to show which will get them just as or more exposure than their current events? Nobody is going to flock to a Fire & Ice booth, nobody is going to write tons of articles and media praise about Total War.

Why bother spending thousands for a booth when you can get just as much if not more exposure from your own events or offering to give a trailer to one of the Big 2's conferences to show? 

Edit: It seems Sega will be at E3 in some respect, they are sharing Atlus' booth.

• Thumbs Up 3

Did SEGA buy Atlus, or did Atlus buy SEGA?

Either way, bloody weird to see F&I at Atlus' booth, but whatever works I suppose.