Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

You're wearing your "Sonic on the Internet" and "The Adventure 3 fanpage is world-famous" glasses. You need to figure out that in the real world, an internship and experience in communicating with the public is merit enough for a lot of people looking to break into the kind of work that folks like Webber do for a living. They don't let you in without a reasonably studded resume. I've worked in customer relations and retention before, they don't let just anybody do it for money. This provides an opportunity for someone who is looking for experience in this line of work and also happens to enjoy Sonic as a whole, not just the Adventure games.

Ha ha! I'm stalked everywhere I see...

Although flattering, let me remind you I'm not the diehard you're trying to think of me as. And Timmi T, that's not what I do. I haven't been a part of SA3 in years, I run the TSOS page now.

When I was speaking about the SA3 page being known the world over, it was because they do have a reputation whether it's believed or not, in both good and admittedly MANY unsavory ways.

I should have expected "you just don't care" remarks towards me after a simple statement that wanting to work for SEGA for free because of current situations was ludicrous Indigo.

While Ive plenty of care for this franchise inside, my own passion for it, I'm merely saying if I'm actually working for SEGA, doing what they want and following orders, I'm not going to do so for free. Not wanting to work for free, and not thinking others should, does not equate to I don't care enough, it equates to knowing the realities of the world today, that money puts food on the table, and that things currently aren't in a good enough light to warrant working for the party involved without compensation.

To add to that...

I enjoy many Sonic games, the Genesis titles, the Adventure and Storybook series, hell, even the boost titles by and large despite gripes with some.

You shouldn't automatically throw someone into a single group of fans just for random thoughts/opinions, I'm not the "Adventure or bust" type. If anything, I'm just looking for better plots in the games, and more Genesis/Unleashed type stages, nothing more.

Oh, don't flatter yourself, I'm not stalking you. You're post was just the most-liked on that one open letter on the Facebook page that I was linked to. @sansy made a point to bring it to my attention by tagging me.

You also are missing the forest for the tress of my point, but I think I am indeed accurate about you not caring about the series as a whole, regardless if it's in reference to an internship or not, going off of what I've observed. That was more of a side comment, if you will, but I love being called ludicrous.

I mean, unless there's something you're not telling us. If you're a closet Pontac-Graff appreciator or something, please let us know. Until then, I think I've read more than enough to understand your passion.

Spoiler

I don't care for the current direction of the series' lore/writing either, but I'm not insulted enough by it to write articles about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Oh, don't flatter yourself, I'm not stalking you. You're post was just the most-liked on that one open letter on the Facebook page that I was linked to. @sansy made a point to bring it to my attention by tagging me.

And I think I am indeed accurate about you not caring about the series as a whole, regardless if it's in reference to an internship or not, going off of what I've observed. That was more of a side comment, if you will, but I love being called ludicrous.

If you're a closet Pontac-Graff appreciator, please let us know. Until then, I think I've read more than enough to understand your passion.

I'll copy/paste my comment.

"To add to that..."

"I enjoy many Sonic games, the Genesis titles, the Adventure and Storybook series, hell, even the boost titles by and large despite gripes with some."

"You shouldn't automatically throw someone into a single group of fans just for random thoughts/opinions, I'm not the "Adventure or bust" type. If anything, I'm just looking for better plots in the games, and more Genesis/Unleashed type stages, nothing more."

Just because I pop onto the SA3 page from time to time to comment, does not equate to me being obsessive/narrow minded over Adventure titles.

By and large I've enjoyed most of this franchise, my only real major gripes are Colors,Lost World, and the BOOM franchise.

If you want to get a proper opinion of me, pay more attention to TSOS, don't just go to SA3, read my comments here revolving complaints, and say "hey Adventure fan you suck" basically.

16 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Admittedly never. Nor would I be likely to in today's economy, you folks do know how bad off things are here in the US, right?

And because of the reason I just stated being one Indigo. Second because of the franchises current situation, I'd want to be paid to deal with it if it's under SEGA's roof. Especially since we're talking dealing with the fan base on their behalf. Definitely not for free.

If I'm taking orders, especially to continue posting what they do currently, yeah, I'd want cash to deal with that.

Not really how the world works, but that's cool. The people more interested usually want the industry work experience or, more importantly, the contacts. That, and most schools require internship or work credits, depending on the degree. My undergrad had me work at a newspaper unpaid over the summer covering what most would call "the rough side of town", but I genuinely had fun and met some nice and interesting people. My grad degree right now has me finishing up a game with a small team, and we have the added "perk" of practicing long distance meetings and coordination on the project.

Also, I remind you you're somewhat backhanding the moderation staff here and on other forums by saying people should be paid to "deal with the fanbase" since I'm certain, at least from my time at Retro, it's not a paying position. Again, it's cool to think that way if you want to, but perspective is always a thing to consider. :V

Anyway, I blasted out the listing myself since while Aaron and I have a pretty good grasp on things right now, a third member to our colorful gallery of rogues would ease burden and allow us to operate better. Yeah, it's unpaid, so those expecting money should go elsewhere. This is more for the folks that want to solemnly be up to no good over the summer on our merry team.

So those that are interested (and preferably are in the area--it'd be pretty extreme to move cross country for no pay and I'd probably buy you the hardest potable I can manage!), I encourage them to apply :D

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm sorry for de-railing the topic, everyone, and I'm sorry Chris for attacking you on a personal level.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, GeneHF said:

Not really how the world works, but that's cool. The people more interested usually want the industry work experience or, more importantly, the contacts. That, and most schools require internship or work credits, depending on the degree. My undergrad had me work at a newspaper unpaid over the summer covering what most would call "the rough side of town", but I genuinely had fun and met some nice and interesting people. My grad degree right now has me finishing up a game with a small team, and we have the added "perk" of practicing long distance meetings and coordination on the project.

Also, I remind you you're somewhat backhanding the moderation staff here and on other forums by saying people should be paid to "deal with the fanbase" since I'm certain, at least from my time at Retro, it's not a paying position. Again, it's cool to think that way if you want to, but perspective is always a thing to consider. :V

Anyway, I blasted out the listing myself since while Aaron and I have a pretty good grasp on things right now, a third member to our colorful gallery of rogues would ease burden and allow us to operate better. Yeah, it's unpaid, so those expecting money should go elsewhere. This is more for the folks that want to solemnly be up to no good over the summer on our merry team.

So those that are interested (and preferably are in the area--it'd be pretty extreme to move cross country for no pay and I'd probably buy you the hardest potable I can manage!), I encourage them to apply :D

Oh no no, that's not my intent.

I mean if one is doing so for SEGA, under situations which normally would warrant pay for an employee, it's reasonable to expect pay for what you do. If you're running a fan site/forum/what have you, then of course, free work is expected. You're doing what you want and showing appreciation your own way without having people all around you doing what you're doing and making a wage out of it, while you sit there with nothing but, basically, gloating rights that you did something for SEGA.

If things were in better conditions, both in the economy and at SEGA, I'd likely be thinking differently and even be among those seeking internship there, but I just don't see it as a reasonable thing right now.

Perfectly understandable! I admit SEGA's in a rough patch and that makes things unsavory for some. Personally, I think it's pretty neat to be part of the company trying to rebuild itself. The stances already shown with "game modifications" and content management on YouTube are two I was particularly happy to see.

And not just because I come from a hive of piracy and villainy. :V

So yeah, it's not a job for everyone but those that are willingly will at least have a fun summer. That much, I can personally assure.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, GeneHF said:

Perfectly understandable! I admit SEGA's in a rough patch and that makes things unsavory for some. Personally, I think it's pretty neat to be part of the company trying to rebuild itself. The stances already shown with "game modifications" and content management on YouTube are two I was particularly happy to see.

And not just because I come from a hive of piracy and villainy. :V

So yeah, it's not a job for everyone but those that are willingly will at least have a fun summer. That much, I can personally assure.

I do appreciate your views on my thoughts Gene.

The only thing I've left to say revolving the current conversation is that, Indigo, not liking the current writers doesn't mean a thing either. It merely means I've my own thoughts on good and bad content. Pontac and Graff, no I don't favor them myself. But then again, I don't hate them either. There are many things I find their writing suitable for, just not Sonic.

Are they professionals? Of course! Can they write things worth watching? Naturally! Just for something more suited/created for their style and not Sonic.

I can appreciate their efforts, and I can say they have a good future in writing once they move beyond Sonic and leave the franchise behind them. Not just for the sake of Sonic, but for their own sake so they can get out of the flames of the fan base basically. We all know all too well how fired up everyone can get, especially towards writers and artists, and it's not something I'd say anyone deserves to be in the center of once things get unsavory.

3 hours ago, TimmiT said:

Quoting this because it got ignored because of all the internship stuff.

Kind of makes sense. It's likely cheaper having one booth with multiple content vs having to pay the ridiculous amount for more space.

Seriously, E3 is WAAAAAAAY overpriced.

On 5/6/2016 at 12:34 PM, sansy said:

[removed]

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Admittedly never. Nor would I be likely to in today's economy, you folks do know how bad off things are here in the US, right?

And because of the reason I just stated being one Indigo. Second because of the franchises current situation, I'd want to be paid to deal with it if it's under SEGA's roof. Especially since we're talking dealing with the fan base on their behalf. Definitely not for free.

If I'm taking orders, especially to continue posting what they do currently, yeah, I'd want cash to deal with that.

-

didn't read this page before posting. My bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Sami said:

-

didn't read this page before posting. My bad.

I've no idea what you even said, but alrighty then. (Curses for being at work, might've been good stuff)

• 2 weeks later...

Sega Europe confirmed some stuff in their new Sega Central video:

- They're not going to be released Atlus games here cause they consider them an independent label from Sega even though they're a part of the company and any other game publisher would.
- Also they don't have plans for releasing 7th Dragon III here either cause fuck publishing games lol.
- They are working on multiple PC ports of their console games.

but don't worry they're working on another manager sim you guys

1 minute ago, TimmiT said:

but don't worry they're working on another manager sim you guys

Blaming SEGA Europe for making/publishing strategy games (I put menager games here too), is like blaming ID software for making FPS games. I only hope that we will get more info on PC ports soon... 

Wait a second... Maybe that's what they are planing for E3... Maybe it's a long shot, but still a neat idea...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

Sega Europe confirmed some stuff in their new Sega Central video:

I know gif posts aren't usually allowed but...

queenunamused.gif

Just... what the hell Sega Europe!? I just don't know what to actually say at that I'm just stunned at their response to things lately.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does it really cost so much money even to chuck the US version of a game on the European eShop that they can't possibly make the money back?  Or does Sega Europe simply employ this one guy who does the Sega Central videos?  Let me guess, we're never going to get Etrian Odyssey V either.

55 minutes ago, Kfarc said:

Blaming SEGA Europe for making/publishing strategy games (I put menager games here too), is like blaming ID software for making FPS games. I only hope that we will get more info on PC ports soon... 

Wait a second... Maybe that's what they are planing for E3... Maybe it's a long shot, but still a neat idea...

It's not so much that Sega Europe shouldn't be making those kinds of games, more that they abandoned console/handheld games for RTS and Manager games. I'd be fine with it if one complimented the other instead of having pretty much replaced it.

No other European side of a company is ignoring the games all other branches of the company is putting out like this. What's especially mind boggling is that one of Atlus' upcoming games, Persona 5, is one of the most anticipated RPGs right now. There's so much hype for it that Square Enix asked their fans if they'd still buy Final Fantasy XV if they release it around the time Persona 5 would be released. And when Kotaku did the same poll to see what the results would be for them, Persona 5 won.

Sega Europe can publish what's probably going to be one of the best games of the year and they're just ignoring it.

16 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

It's not so much that Sega Europe shouldn't be making those kinds of games, more that they abandoned console/handheld games for RTS and Manager games. I'd be fine with it if one complimented the other instead of having pretty much replaced it.

No other European side of a company is ignoring the games all other branches of the company is putting out like this. What's especially mind boggling is that one of Atlus' upcoming games, Persona 5, is one of the most anticipated RPGs right now. There's so much hype for it that Square Enix asked their fans if they'd still buy Final Fantasy XV if they release it around the time Persona 5 would be released. And when Kotaku did the same poll to see what the results would be for them, Persona 5 won.

Sega Europe can publish what's probably going to be one of the best games of the year and they're just ignoring it.

Okay, I see a point. It would be nice to have a games reales in both America and Europe at the same time. Maybe they could make a deal that if SoA reales something in America they(SoA) would do the same for Europe and oposite. 

Translation:

"You'll get your Atlus games tomorrow....

...tomorrow for sure...

...eventually....

...uhhh..."

The amount of PR damage control displayed in that statement is palpable.

• Thumbs Up 4

So... SEGA owns Atlus...

But... SEGA doesn't care about Atlus...?

Their stance is confusing... Atlus can do whatever it wants with whoever it wants? I don't get the situation here.

40 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

So... SEGA owns Atlus...

But... SEGA doesn't care about Atlus...?

Their stance is confusing... Atlus can do whatever it wants with whoever it wants? I don't get the situation here.

Atlus isn't the one here that's so independent, Sega America (since March 31st) publishes their games and they're a part of the company. However, the Atlus label is still used for most of the games the localize (including the games developed by Atlus studios). The only exceptions being games developed by Sega, which Atlus does localize but are published with the Sega branding.

However, with the exception of a single title (Persona 4 Arena Ultimax) Sega Europe hasn't published any of Atlus' games. This is because right now, Sega Europe have the right to decide what games they want to publish. And they don't seem to be keen on publishing the majority of Atlus/Sega America's games. Which is absurd considering that pretty much every other publisher can manage to release games in the US and Europe around the same time.

For Atlus fans in Europe, while this has been an annoyance, we thankfully did still get all of Atlus games released here on way or another. In recent years this was thanks to NIS America, which published the majority of Atlus' games here. This recently changed though, as NISA cut ties with Atlus. The reasoning is this, according to the NISA CEO:

"Atlus became very picky about selecting the European publishing partner after it was bought by Sega. It always cherry picked its EU publishing partner based on who offered the highest minimum guarantee on a title by title basis. I noticed that it was very difficult for NIS America to establish an equal-partnership with Atlus."

So now, outside of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir which is the last Atlus title NISA will publish, none of Atlus' upcoming games have a publisher in Europe. And with Sega Europe not bothering to publish their games here, the future of Atlus games in Europe looks pretty bad. And it doesn't help that Sega Europe's been hesitant to publish Sega America's games as well.