Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

Considering how long it takes to do video editing, I'd give it a week if they were to start soon. Of course, that's not even counting how long it may take to get it approved by Madeon's people that they can go ahead with this.

Just expect the most amount of time you'd imagine it could take, and that's that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything too soon, but it shows they're working on... something at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

If they want their game ready for E3 I could see us getting a trailer then or maybe even a little bit before(games that aren't big enough to be promoted on stage often get their trailers put out before events where they can get a little attention before the bombs drop). 

Alright, a game has now, sort-of been confirmed. One step closer to me actually getting excited. Only a couple dozen more steps to go.

Whatever this is, I think it's not new game related, but BBFA3 all over again.

Because why the hell would they ask for a business deal in public??? Like WTF, doesn't make sense to me. Especially a request from social media, who have nothing to do with this treaty at all, but entertain people.

Edit: I may be entirely wrong, but my point is above.

14 minutes ago, Spееdy said:

Because why the hell would they ask for a business deal in public??? Like WTF, doesn't make sense to me. Especially a request from social media, who have nothing to do with this treaty at all, but entertain people.

I thought that as well. My theory is that they're just deliberately mentioning it in public to get fans excited, while an actual deal is already underway behind the scenes.

• Thumbs Up 8

24 minutes ago, Metal Mario said:

I thought that as well. My theory is that they're just deliberately mentioning it in public to get fans excited, while an actual deal is already underway behind the scenes.

I'm also fairly positive that this is likely the case. Their discussion was way to silly to be anything serious. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually I'm just gonna sit on the thought that it's more of Big's Fishing Adventure 3. It's gotta be. 

Not that there's anything wrong with BFA3 (I thought it was great and I'd gladly play another version), but I'm not gonna surprised if that statement was just as much bait as anything else we've fallen for. 

• Thumbs Up 3

They mentioned the waiting in the Tumblr tags for the first time in a while and now there's this. You can bet that they've already agreed to the use of the music. At worst, they'd only just finalised the agreement or at best, they've been at it for a while and they're getting close to the point where it's time for them to lift the curtain. Remember those Madeon hints, those were a little while ago now.

I wouldn't say a trailer tomorrow is completely out of the question. Coincidentally, Sonic Colours was revealed on the 26th of May 2010 so a late May announcement has happened before and, just as a point of interest, tomorrow also happens to fall on the 26th.

I still have my metaphorical chips on E3, but at this rate, I think something's coming sooner rather than later now.

EDIT: Just read their conversation again, notice how he says he'd approve a 'license request'. That sounds more like they simply want to use an existing song in the trailer, same way they used Bangarang for the first Boom trailer.

It looks like we might be getting something soon then :D. Good to know that something might be coming, can't wait to see what Sega's been working on!

Guys. Madeon also had their music in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. Sony is the publisher of that game. Nathan Drake is in PSASBR .Sony also published Uncharted 4. Uncharted 4 has Crash in it.  The anniversary game will be a crossover between Sonic and Crash exclusive to Sony. (Also Sonic confirmed for PSASBR2)

• Thumbs Up 6

I suspect these tweets are purely PR stunts and all the business deals are already in place (why else would they drop the Madeon hints months ago if something wasn't already in the works?).

so this means we might be getting a trailer soon after all?! 

They might wait until E3 to show off a trailer though. I'm still certain the new Sonic game will be revealed at E3. It would be crazy if the game isn't shown there, especially when it's supposed to be coming out end of this year to celebrate Sonic's 25th.

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

Can't wait for Fire and Ice's new trailer

Actually, you mean Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3?

5 hours ago, TimmiT said:

The BBFA3 trailer is gonna be great you guys

Considering how many times we've been through the whole "gotcha kid lol" thing with announcements so far this year, I can't tell if you're being facetious or not anymore. :v

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Can't wait for Fire and Ice's new trailer

Actually yeah how do we not know this isn't just another Boom trailer? The timing would make sense at least 

Been meaning to ask....who the heck is Madeon???

29 minutes ago, Jovahexeon-Phoenix-Sissel said:

Been meaning to ask....who the heck is Madeon???

A music producer

I wouldn't expect anything until the 25th anniversary party thing. The trailer will likely be shown there and not a moment sooner.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm gonna roll with the crowd that they're just playing it out as if it was spontaneous, when clearly they would have made a deal months ago.

They have done announcements on May 26th and May 28th in the past so... it's actually not impossible they would announce it just prior to E3.

Of course it could just as easily be baiting as we've become accustomed to the last year or so.

Lord Webber loves to keep us guessing.

Oookay, I'm getting the feeling it's either another Fire and Ice trailer...

And I'm guessing that could come in mid June.