Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

I don't think they ever promoted Fire and Ice as an anniversary title or even as this year's big title. (Clearly that goes to Big's big fishing adventure 3)

Also, because there is no Sonic party at E3, does that automatically mean no announcement or trailer for the convention? Apparently yes for some people.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Sonic 4: Episode I was delayed out of its Summer 2010 release date into Fall in response to the Partnernet leak and the resulting negative reception from many classic fans about the game.

Most people don't remember though because it's Sonic 4 (low-budget downloadable game, rather than a major retail release like Fire and Ice and the PS3 version of Sonic 2006) and because there was hardly any meaningful changes from the "beta" and the final product (save for the notorious gimmicky minecart and pinball stages replaced with two traditional levels made from scratch, every other change was cosmetic at best).

Oh wow, I completely forgot about that. I used to be very active on the official SEGA Forums at that time too, surprised it completely slipped my mind like that haha. 

I think it's definitely a weird exceptional case though. Literally the entire game was leaked online and available for free - they needed some way to recoup those potential lost sales I guess.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 5/5/2016 at 8:34 PM, Sami said:

You yourself wrote the article about it lol. It's old news.

I wasn't a part of TSSZ at the time.

Also, because there is no Sonic party at E3, does that automatically mean no announcement or trailer for the convention? Apparently yes for some people.

It's worth noting that this same crowd has gone after SEGA for not revealing the game in articles/videos about Summer of Sonic and Sonic Revolution, which are events created by fans and not SEGA's doing at all. It doesn't matter what the news is. Anything that isn't the announcement of a new game has gotten some nasty comments.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, TimmiT said:

What I meant was that a new Sonic game can't be promoted like Persona 5. Not while getting the same reaction out of people anyway.

Aside from one spin-off game, so far there hasn't really been a bad Persona game. So fans expect something good out of the next main Persona game even if they don't know anything about it, they'll just be happy knowing that it's being made. Just look at how excited people got when Atlus registered the Persona 5 website. And again when they announced the game while only vaguely teasing what the game's tone would even be.

Outside of a small part of the Sonic fanbase, if Sega announced the next Sonic game without showing anything the reaction people would probably have is skepticism. And rightfully so after how badly Sega has managed the franchise. After the mixed reception of Lost World and how bad Rise of Lyric was they're going to have to win people back.

Atlus could reveal Persona 5 without showing anything because Persona fans trust them. Sega doesn't have that with Sonic, they're going to have to win back the trust of Sonic fans and people in general. While Atlus could market Persona 5 to their fans just by saying that the game is being made, Sega is going to have to convince their fans that the next Sonic game will be good at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Persona series(and most games by Atlus) pretty niche? Yeah they might have a huge cult following but at the same time the internet doesn't really represent the world wide fanbase and I just checked that the Persona series as a whole has sold 6 Million Units worldwide http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/11/worldwide-sales-of-the-shin-megami-tensei-persona-series-exceed-6-million-units/ 

I'm not demising the series quality but let's be real here Sonic is a bigger name than Persona/SMT all SEGA has to do is announce a new Sonic game is coming and people will pay attention to it. 

8 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Persona series(and most games by Atlus) pretty niche? Yeah they might have a huge cult following but at the same time the internet doesn't really represent the world wide fanbase and I just checked that the Persona series as a whole has sold 6 Million Units worldwide http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/11/worldwide-sales-of-the-shin-megami-tensei-persona-series-exceed-6-million-units/ 

I'm not demising the series quality but let's be real here Sonic is a bigger name than Persona/SMT all SEGA has to do is announce a new Sonic game is coming and people will pay attention to it. 

I'm not talking about the amount of attention it'd get, I'm talking about the kind of attention.

EDIT: Also turns out that Persona is pretty popular in Japan at least. :V

24 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

I'm not talking about the amount of attention it'd get, I'm talking about the kind of attention.

I just ya but I think it really just depends on the game more than anything. 

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

I just ya but I think it really just depends on the game more than anything. 

If people are going to like it or not, of course. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how they'd react to the game's reveal. If they reveal the game and show nothing like with Persona 5, most fans won't be hyped for it.

Woun was asking why they're not marketing it like Persona 5, that's what I'm answering here. :V

There will be surprises. I do wonder what they are haha

• Thumbs Up 5

The first surprise is that Boom Sonic's arms are tan now.

The second surprise is that they made his legs tan as well.

1 hour ago, Sonikku Mikyeong said:

There will be surprises. I do wonder what they are haha

Oh, I'm sure there will be surprises. Sega's good at those. It's whether or not I'll like the surprise that makes me really skeptical.

the third surprise is that instead of collecting rings, he collects donuts

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess this is confirmation that Sega America and Atlus will be sharing the booth at E3:

ATLUS U.S.A., Inc. is known for high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese and indie video game experiences. Our award-winning catalog continues to grow across a variety of genres and platforms. Visit our booth featuring highly anticipated titles from ATLUS and SEGA, including Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, and Yakuza 0.

http://pr311jm731.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=atl0455

Which makes sense because Atlus is handling the localisations for some Sega games, including Yakuza 0.

11 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Looks like the person they had quit if that position is already up again.

...Ha, kinda funny.

@GeneHF still works for Sega in that position.

And no, you're not funny.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Gene still works for Sega in that position.

And no, you're not funny.

Didn't say I was, I meant IT was, not I.

Although it's no surprise they want more people to work for/with them without pay, they're broke so internships are a means of easy publicity online.

Mhm. As long as it paints Sega in a somewhat unfortunate or unfavorable light, I'm sure you can't resist asserting it.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Mhm. As long as it paints Sega in a somewhat unfortunate or unfavorable light, I'm sure you can't resist asserting it.

I'm just saying. If multiple people are willing to do work for SEGA for free, power to them, but I certainly wouldn't.

If it were an internship elsewhere, heck even in Nintendo with their current problems in mind, I'd be more willing. But unpaid work for SEGA? Alongside others working for free simultaneously? That's delusional to me.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm just saying. If multiple people are willing to do work for SEGA for free, power to them, but I certainly wouldn't.

If it were an internship elsewhere, heck even in Nintendo with their current problems in mind, I'd be more willing. But unpaid work for SEGA? Alongside others working for free simultaneously? That's delusional to me.

So what you're saying is you've never done an unpaid internship? :V

3 hours ago, TimmiT said:

So what you're saying is you've never been an unpaid intern? :V

Admittedly never. Nor would I be likely to in today's economy, you folks do know how bad off things are here in the US, right?

And because of the reason I just stated being one Indigo. Second because of the franchises current situation, I'd want to be paid to deal with it if it's under SEGA's roof. Especially since we're talking dealing with the fan base on their behalf. Definitely not for free.

If I'm taking orders, especially to continue posting what they do currently, yeah, I'd want cash to deal with that.

You're wearing your "Sonic on the Internet" and "The Adventure 3 fanpage is world-famous" glasses. You need to figure out that in the real world, an internship and experience in communicating with the public is merit enough for a lot of people looking to break into the kind of work that folks like Webber do for a living. They don't let you in without a reasonably studded resume. I've worked in customer relations and retention before, they don't let just anybody do it for money. This provides an opportunity for someone who is looking for experience in this line of work and also happens to enjoy Sonic as a whole, not just the Adventure games.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Admittedly never. Nor would I be likely to in today's economy, you folks do know how bad off things are here in the US, right?

And because of the reason I just stated being one Indigo. Second because of the franchises current situation, I'd want to be paid to deal with it if it's under SEGA's roof. Especially since we're talking dealing with the fan base on their behalf. Definitely not for free.

If I'm taking orders, especially to continue posting what they do currently, yeah, I'd want cash to deal with that.

...But you're already dealing with the Sonic fanbase without being paid by running the Sonic Adventure 3 Facebook page. And by posting on this forum.

Besides, people running Sonic fansites without being paid shows that there are people willing to do it.

To add to that, do you realize the amount of unwarranted shenanigans that TailsChannel has to deal with on a regular basis?

It can be done for a combination of both earning experience as well as out of passion.

Going off of what I've observed, you certainly don't like or care enough about Sonic the Hedgehog as a whole to consider it.

• Thumbs Up 1