Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

Big will be fishing up memes of course. That and the truck from City Escape...

Wait..what if he fishes up clues to the identity of the new game? Or perhaps more of Aarons cryptic stuff..if it's actually another part of the pre-announcement teasers in more ways than one.

That might actually be fun, an interactive fishing game where you 'fish' for clues.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there a compilation of all the Wingding cryptic messages on the slides? I have a bum ankle and can't leave the house, so I need something to keep me busy.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

You know something.

Enough is enough. The last thing this thread needs is to be derailed into talk about GamerGate, nor do we need people slinging ridiculous and appalling accusations at Aaron for encouraging or "inviting" this sort of thing through the Sonic Twitter in the first place.

Get back on topic, discuss the panel, discuss whatever plans we're aware of, feel free to ask Aaron questions. Any more of this crap and strikes are going out. Stop.

I feel that the only way to keep that from happening is to have a a thread on the whole thing she no one'll derail the other topics. If one DOES get de-railed, the responses can simply be moved. No problem. 

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

I feel that the only way to keep that from happening is to have a a thread on the whole thing she no one'll derail the other topics. If one DOES get de-railed, the responses can simply be moved. No problem. 

There was a topic around the time it happened I believe. Just search for it I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

There was a topic around the time it happened I believe. Just search for it I guess.

Searched it and found nothing. Anyway, who's willing to guess the anniversary game will be announced in April or May?

Just now, Nepenthe said:

because fuck Gamergate.

That was entirely unnecessary, rude and hypocritical given your stance on personal attacks.

7 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

We're not having a Gamergate thread because fuck Gamergate.

There's also another way we can keep cut down on dumb derails: suspend and ban the people who keep doing it.

Regardless, the situation is over, the offending posts have been cleaned up, and we don't need people to keep harping on it and suggesting to us how we need to do our jobs.

I wasn't telling anyone how to do their jobs. I was expressing my feelings on the whole thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Talking about the Sonic Documentaries,

I'd  really like to see a documentary on the Sonic Dark Age. I know it'll probably never happen, but it would be really interesting to see the creative process of Shadow and 06, and to see what really went wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, GoldfishGroup said:

That was entirely unnecessary, rude and hypocritical given your stance on personal attacks.

You personally identifying with a hate group is your own problem that I'm not obliged to nor going to respect.

And no, don't PM me about this either. I'm not interested in anyone JAQing off in my inbox today.

9 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I wasn't telling anyone how to do their jobs. I was expressing my feelings on the whole thing.

Your personal expression came in the form of a suggestion for how we should do things, and while I understand it's well-meaning, it's ultimately out-of-place in the thread while simultaneously undermining Zaysho's specific direction to get back on topic. If you want to express your feelings on how we do things, PM us or administration, or make a topic about it in the Member Feedback forum. That's what it's mainly there for.

Regardless, this matter has been settled by Zaysho and reiterated by me, and any more posts after this one about anything irrelevant to the subject matter of this thread will be deleted and/or punished depending upon how I'm feeling.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Regulus said:

Talking about the Sonic Documentaries,

I'd  really like to see a documentary on the Sonic Dark Age. I know it'll probably never happen, but it would be really interesting to see the creative process of Shadow and 06, and to see what really went wrong.

Honestly, I wouldn't say much "went wrong" with Shadow the Hedgehog. They were just trying something new and people hated it. Simple as that. 

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't say much "went wrong" with Shadow the Hedgehog. They were just trying something new and people hated it. Simple as that. 

The game is very poorly made for absolutely loads of reasons. Bad controls, shooting mechanics, structure, and a totally out of place derailing of a character.

However, it would be interesting to see what the fuck went wrong. I don't understand how they could have fucked the gameplay up so spectacularly after Sonic Adventure, 2 and even Heroes. 

I think they were going for a Jak 2 vibe, maybe it wasn't a terrible idea (probably though), but the execution was horrendous and it marks when the series fell headlong into being dreadful.

Of course, before Sonic Colors revived the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Regulus said:

The game is very poorly made for absolutely loads of reasons. Bad controls, shooting mechanics, structure, and a totally out of place derailing of a character.

However, it would be interesting to see what the fuck went wrong. I don't understand how they could have fucked the gameplay up so spectacularly after Sonic Adventure, 2 and even Heroes. 

I think they were going for a Jak 2 vibe, maybe it wasn't a terrible idea (probably though), but the execution was horrendous and it marks when the series fell headlong into being dreadful.

Of course, before Sonic Colors revived the series.

The shooting mechanics were pretty good, it locked on pretty well.

The controls were definitely very loose and it's even worse in the PS2 version.

• Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, GoldfishGroup said:

The shooting mechanics were pretty good, it locked on pretty well.

The controls were definitely very loose and it's even worse in the PS2 version.

Shooting mechanics are far inferior to say, Jak 2 or Ratchet and Clank. Shadow has pretty rubbish shooting honestly.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Regulus said:

Shooting mechanics are far inferior to say, Jak 2 or Ratchet and Clank. Shadow has pretty rubbish shooting honestly.

Well, yeah, obviously. Personally, I'd just say they're barely passable, like the beat-em up sections in Sonic Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here comes a new rumour.

The creator/writer of gravity falls appears to be at Sega.

And it sounds like he's under an NDA.

• Thumbs Up 5

34 minutes ago, Detective Paradox said:

"Currently cooking up new mischief" I wonder if this is somehow related to Sonic's 25th Anniversary 

It's been known for a little while now that he's currently working on a new animated project for FOX, so that could be all he's referring to. Then again he also recently stated that he was working on "new strange projects for some new strange places" so I suppose any guess is valid at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Detective Paradox said:

So um, guys

Dont know. I can't see what ever it is you posted since it's too small

Apparently, Webber sent a message to someone saying "And the tally of the letters will reach. The valley where the wings will seek". During at the SXSW livestream, Aaron had Skype open with the username "psu.castor". Aaron's Skype name is apparently "psu.castor"

What does this all mean, I don't know. I'm not Webber.

Yeah not editing out Aaron's Skype ID is pretty crappy. Unless it's already public?

• Thumbs Up 4

Edit: Never mind it's fake.

Edited by Detective Hogfather
Goblins!
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

Bruh Hoggy, that's a fake account. Did you see the tweets he makes?

No I'm on the mobile and it's 2am so it's harder for to get a full overview of things. 

• Thumbs Up 1