Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, McGroose said:

This would be fitting if it weren't for the fact that this is Taxman's version of Sonic we're talking about here. We're still limited on ways to play Taxman's Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.

I'm sick of all of the re-releases as well, but I'll make a definite exception when it comes to Taxman.

Re-releases don't bother me. Just re-releases of the same stuff over and over is easy to make fun of. It also doesn't help that I'm not really a classics fan.

2 hours ago, True Detective Soni said:

But Unleashed provided the True Sonic Spirit while Colors, Generations, Lost World and Boom don't. They don't deserve to be called Sonic games if they don't have the sense of adventure to it!

Hide contents

I blame Donnie so much for this.

Right. Okay. So, can I beg the question of why it is that the True Sonic Spirit channel guys seems to be everyone's favorite punching bag? Especially since one of them actually frequents this forum on ocassion?

1 minute ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Right. Okay. So, can I beg the question of why it is that the True Sonic Spirit channel guys seems to be everyone's favorite punching bag? Especially since one of them actually frequents this forum on ocassion?

Everyone makes Donnie into a punching bag and no one really complains but when I make a joke about TSS, it's suddenly not cool? wut?

Spoiler

And I've grown tired of using myself and Donnie as punching bags anyway.

Just now, True Detective Soni said:

Everyone makes Donnie into a punching bag and no one really complains but when I make a joke about TSS, it's suddenly not cool? wut?

Hide contents

And I've grown tired of using myself and Donnie as punching bags anyway.

Because in Donnie's case, it's sarcasm. An in-joke. Past the joke, Donnie's a well respected member of the Sonic fandom. You certainly can't claim that for the True Sonic Spirit channel.

4 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Because in Donnie's case, it's sarcasm. An in-joke. Past the joke, Donnie's a well respected member of the Sonic fandom. You certainly can't claim that for the True Sonic Spirit channel.

Fair enough but it was just one small joke, it's not like I constantly take the piss on them; every once in a while. If it makes any better, I won't make any more digs at them, we cool now?

Just now, True Detective Soni said:

Fair enough but it was just one small joke, it's not like I constantly take the piss on them; every once in a while. If it makes any better, I won't make any more digs at them, we cool now?

I'm not singling you out here. Everyone I see across the Sonic fandom seems keen on going after them, and I have to beg the question: why? I mean, I admit that they can be a bit pretentious and flowery, but beyond that most of the guys making the videos are the more intelligent and well-spoken members of the SA3 Facebook page. AKA, Roger van der Weide. It just comes off that people are being hostile for the sake of hostile without actually listening and engaging with them.

... But then again, people seem to like to do that when it comes to Roger.

Well I don't want to derail this topic so I'm gonna end it with this, I still hold a pretty strong grudge that they compared missing the so-called "True Sonic Spirit" to a child kidnapping. You can't honestly tell me that isn't going to go well with a good majority of people, I get wanting the same energy and feel as games like the Adventures, Unleashed or the Storybook series but I ain't going to be forgiving if you're going to say nonsensical and downright offensive statements and not apologize for admitting said offensive statement.

Again, that's my thoughts and I'll end it with that. 

8 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

Well I don't want to derail this topic so I'm gonna end it with this, I still hold a pretty strong grudge that they compared missing the so-called "True Sonic Spirit" to a child kidnapping. You can't honestly tell me that isn't going to go well with a good majority of people, I get wanting the same energy and feel as games like the Adventures, Unleashed or the Storybook series but I ain't going to be forgiving if you're going to say nonsensical and downright offensive statements and not apologize for admitting said offensive statement.

Again, that's my thoughts and I'll end it with that. 

So, take a quote out of context, and write the group off and everything they ever say entirely. Like I said, they're pretentious and flowery and probably more than a little bit socially awkward. But I still don't think that this worth the constant potshots and dismissal they get constantly.

But fine though, let's not de-rail this further.

7 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

It just comes off that people are being hostile for the sake of hostile without actually listening and engaging with them.

... But then again, people seem to like to do that when it comes to Roger.

Oh come now, you can't just go accusing the majority of folks here of needlessly bashing for the sake of bashing and then yourself, just go off on a broad-generalizing tirade, blacklisting anyone who has a problem with SA3 Facebook or Roger.

If you're going to do that, you need to also pay mind to the many figures that actually had legitimate problems with them, actual legit criticism for Roger, etc if you don;t want to come out looking like a hypocrite.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

But I do possess the true Sonic spirit.

It just gets told to shut up...

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

But I do possess the true Sonic spirit.

It just gets told to shut up...

Shut up, Donnie.

ohhhhh

ohhhhhh nooooo

This topic's gonna double in pages, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

This topic's gonna double in pages, isn't it?

photo-268.jpg

Welcome to your doom!

• Thumbs Up 9

Daaayum those would make kickass designs for shirts. 

Not really seeing those changes you're talking about though a few pages after that post may say otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

He just looks slightly lankier. I dig it, personally... Unless... HE HAS BLUE ARMS!?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

He just looks slightly lankier. I dig it, personally... Unless... HE HAS BLUE ARMS!?

Classic Boom Sonic is now canon!

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

So urm... These are being released for the 25th, they are official products which show classic Sonic. 

Is it just me or does he look a little different?

sonic-1991-blue-001-880x880.jpgsonic-1991-001-880x880.jpg

The site is also releasing prints of 90's style classic Sonic, for reference.

sonic-black-001-880x880.jpg

Is it just me, or is old classic Sonic a tad more cubby compared to the one sporting the 25th logo? I'm not sure what it is but something about the new one looks different, I can't put my finger on what it is.

Are you serious? This is just a artistic liberty. There's no rule saying every artist has to draw Sonic exactly the same way. This is kicking up dirt for no good reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Is it just me, or is old classic Sonic a tad more cubby compared to the one sporting the 25th logo? I'm not sure what it is but something about the new one looks different, I can't put my finger on what it is.

It's the way the spines are arranged, and how many there are.

Sonic traditionally has 3 spines on his head, and one on his body (with an upwards curved tail)

In this, he has only 2 spines on his head, and that's probably what's giving off the weird look. 

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

There's no rule saying every artist has to draw Sonic exactly the same way. 

Wanna bet?

• Thumbs Up 5

That new design of Classic Sonic looks more streamlined to me, like I have no issues with the originally styled Classic Sonic art but something about the newer artstyle seems more fitting, finda reminds me of the Sonic CD style of Classic Sonic in a way.

Spoiler

Onwards to 100 pages of still no news on the anniversary Sonic game!

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

I'm dubbing it "Neo Classic Sonic."

But but... Classic Sonic 2?

Or how about Bill. Bill the Hedgehog?

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

These are guidelines for how to reproduce Sonic's image. As long as the artists follow the guidelines, it floats. Just because they follow the same guidelines doesn't mean the end result will always be the same. Again, this is just kicking up dirt.

• Thumbs Up 2