Awoo.

The Fantastic Four (2015)

Klinsy

So we have some..................................... interesting (hilarious) news about a sequel. 

http://screenrant.com/fantastic-four-sequel-tommy-wiseau-room-director/

https://media.giphy.com/media/12SWAjro318CqI/giphy.gif

What a story Fox!

Seriously, they're still not giving up the rights back to Marvel huh? Well, if Mr. Wiseau wants to direct the sequel, then by all means let him.

EDIT: Whoops, never mind then.

Edited by Merrily Christmas Pipe
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sad that Tommy won't get to direct a sequel, since I can't see a Wiseau-directed Fant4stic 2 being anything other than being worth seeing.

• 6 months later...

So the movie is now on Sky... I am watching it now... 

I'm only 10 min in and... wow this is amazing!

3 min in and we have child labour followed immediately after by domestic abuse involving children.

5 min in and 10 year old Reed manages to build a teleport machine... using 50 N64's, Didn't you know they could do that? 

I'm barely 15min into it and it's just, lol everything about it is comically stupid. It's so hyper serious yet every scene so far contains something amazingly stupid.

HO HO HO HA HAHAH! Doctor Doom is an emo hacker who wears google glass! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok so this is... a thing.

You know how in most super hero movies, they actually do something heroic eventually? 

Well it's been an hour and you know what they've done? NOTHING! They've all had their powers for 20min in real time time, and 1 year in the movies time. 

But... they've not actually done anything with them which is heroic. Literally the only thing they've done is look at a TV screen. 

Oh and Doctor Doom is now an alien with telepathic powers... who can make peoples brains explode... literally. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Ok so this is... a thing.

You know how in most super hero movies, they actually do something heroic eventually? 

Well it's been an hour and you know what they've done? NOTHING! They've all had their powers for 20min in real time time, and 1 year in the movies time. 

But... they've not actually done anything with them which is heroic. Literally the only thing they've done is look at a TV screen. 

Oh and Doctor Doom is now an alien with telepathic powers... who can make peoples brains explode... literally. 

To be fair isn't that basically what they did in the first FF movie up to the climax anyways?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

To be fair isn't that basically what they did in the first FF movie up to the climax anyways?

Not really. They saved people on the bridge pretty soon after getting their powers.

And the credits roll.

Wow.. that was... quite amazingly bad. 

It was... quite shocking how they could mess up a super hero movie that much. Where to start.

The FF barely use their powers... ever. It takes about an hour before they get their powers, they then rarely ever use them on screen, no really, we see stock footage of The Thing throwing tanks around, Johnny flies about an Sue... pulls a serious face. 

In total I think they use their powers for about 5 min of screen time.

The Thing gets his catchphrase as the result of domestic child abuse!

The father of Sue and Johnny, can't say a single line without it being a weak philosophy about how 'we're all stronger together!' No really, every line is 'we're stronger together' it practically tells you the end of the movie every 7 min.

Doom... has the ability to make brains explode... literally... As well as some insane telepathic powers, yet... when he's fighting the Fantastic Four... he suddenly doesn't use them... lol.

Thousands of people just end up being killed right at the end... and it's just brushed off as 'whoa, look at the epic destruction!'

It's fascinatingly bad, I encourage you all to watch it just to see all the other bad things in it, it's like Where's Wally, you think you've seen something, then you see more. It's just... wow, I never thought it would be that bad.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't think it's that bad, really. Sure the ending is rushed, and you can see some parts have been cut from the script, but the first part is interesting, a nice change from the usual superhero formula "oh cool I have some powers", here they're taking time to adjust to them.

I'd be OK with a sequel.