Awoo.

The Fantastic Four (2015)

Klinsy

In regards to what he says about the catchphrase, is he saying that that's where the phrase originated from, or is that where it came from in the movie? 

In regards to what he says about the catchphrase, is he saying that that's where the phrase originated from, or is that where it came from in the movie? 

In the movie, they also totally screwed up doom in so many ways

In the movie, they also totally screwed up doom in so many ways

Oh lord, not doom. Anybody but Doom:(

Oh lord, not doom. Anybody but Doom:(

apparently he only shows up

in the last 15-20 minutes and has the same goal as Ultron
. Sigh, they seriously don't get why his character is the best in the comics, his backstory is his motivation, and world peace is his true goal, not domination, though it may be achieved by domination. Also opinions vary from mediocre rights holding movie, to a middle finger at disney marvel Edited by Mando

apparently he only shows up in the last 15-20 minutes and has the same goal as Ultron. Sigh, they seriously don't get why his character is the best in the comics, his backstory is his motivation, and world peace is his true goal, not domination, though it may be achieved by domination. Also opinions vary from mediocre rights holding movie, to a middle finger at disney marvel

definitely banking on this since relations between Disney and Fox are anything but good. I can only wonder if Fox are gonna go forward with their plans of having the F4 cross over with the X-Men.

Here's another.

Sounds like a lot of the things that made me hate the new Spider-man movies.

Edited by Balding Spider

I checked the ratings on the other Fantastic Four movies on RT and well

So far in comparison FF2015 makes the older movies look like /masterpieces/ by far

For reference

• Thumbs Up 1

That's... pretty bad. Honestly, I liked the original movies, but this one definitely screams that it was rushed out to meet a deadline otherwise they lose the rights.

Honestly, that's too bad. I didn't have my heart set on this movie being good, but I did want to wait and see before making any judgment. I really wanted to give this movie a fair shot, but in the end, it may not be worth such an effort. Even though the critical consensus has time to readjust, it doesn't look this movie will be certified fresh by a majority of reviewers. I may go ahead and see this movie, but I won't arrive with high expectations. 

Edited by Killtank
  • Thumbs Up 1

Soooooo.... Doom's final form...

grgucJN.jpg

Why did they make him look like an enchanted crash test dummy?

To be honest, I never really had any interest for this movie in the first place. Even when the trailer first hit the film still came off as very generic and looked nothing like the original comic. Even when I saw the trailer again prior to a showing of Ant-Man, I still had no idea it was the new Fantastic Four movie until halfway in; despite the Fox/Marvel logos at the beginning. As far as I'm concerned, the reviews aren't anything surprising.

Soooooo.... Doom's final form...

Hidden Content

gif-4.gif

God I cannot stop laughing. Who on earth took a look and this and said "yep, this looks OK."? It's like the entire movie started out as a rejected script for another film entirely that was picked up hastily reworked into what we're supposed to believe is a genuine Fantastic Four film adaptation; purely so Fox could continue sitting the movie license.

Edited by Señor Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 2

Man I now can't wait till more reviews come in for this train wreck. But then again, I do feel sorry for Micheal B. Jordan. Oh well at least he has "Creed" coming up.

So we all know The Thing's signature catchphrase "it's clobberin' time!", right? Well, the 2015 movie does......something with it.

To be specific, the line now originates from Ben Grimm's abusive brother, rather than Ben himself. Who would say the line promptly before slapping Ben around.

....yeah.

Edited by Señor Gabe

So we all know The Thing's signature catchphrase "it's clobberin' time!", right? Well, the 2015 movie does......something with it.

Hidden Content

Again, I say, "what the hell?!" Why the Earth would they put Ben's most iconic line in such a context as... that?!

• Thumbs Up 1

So, can we already start placing bets on when Fox will cancel the sequel and consider giving back to Marvel the rights to the F4 movies?

• Thumbs Up 4

So, can we already start placing bets on when Fox will cancel the sequel and consider giving back to Marvel the rights to the F4 movies?

They won't. Fox will just make another rushed flick just to keep the rights. I'm sadly sure about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

This movie is probs gonna tank hard in theaters, or at least perform under Fox's expectations. That, or so I hope. The F4 need to be under Marvel Studios' roof, maybe we'll get the film they deserve then.

• Thumbs Up 4

They won't. Fox will just make another rushed flick just to keep the rights. I'm sadly sure about this.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. They were lenient enough to drop Daredevil and Elektra when their attempts are rebooting them ultimately went nowhere. That and this is technically the third time Fox has screwed up an F4 adaptation (fourth if you could the 1994 Roger Corman flick). If the film is a commercial flop, I'd like to assume that would finally be the last straw and they'll give up the rights. Considering the poor theatrical treatment the series has been given, something's gotta eventually give at some point.

Edited by Señor Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 1

They were lenient enough to drop Daredevil and Elektra when their attempts are rebooting them ultimately went nowhere.

I don't remember the exact details, so correct me if I'm wrong / spreading misinformation, but I remember hearing that Marvel offered to let Fox keep Daredevil if they got the FF, but that deal didn't happen so Marvel ended up with Daredevil. From the sounds of it, it wasn't so much that Fox was happy to drop DD, they just didn't want to give up the Fantastic Four, so they traded away something else.

Which is...kind of weird, really. I mean, I love the FF, but they aren't exactly super popular in no small part due to all these movies mishandling them among the general public.

Sony was the same with Spidey and look what happened.

That makes me wonder if Fox will actually do an agreement like the one Sony did.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I'm quite sad how this movie turned out because getting the Fantastic Four deserve better.

I thought this was going to be the one a long time ago, it had a great director and a good cast but everything went all wrong and we got the fourth bad movie in a role and I can't help but figure it's just to keep the rights instead of any actual love for the brand.

The Fantastic Four are heroes that are highly regarded in the Marvel universe, they're a family and they suffer from the powers as much as they gain from them, but they stay together no matter what and encounter many strange foes, it's not that hard to get.

And don't get me started om Doctor Doom, he's one of the most interesting villains in all of fictions for me but not one of these movies have come close to getting him right, he's great at everything but the best at nothing, he can be noble but he's a villain at the end of the day, he took on gods and considered it a regular Tuesday, he's full of himself but he has nearly every reason to be, like I said, not that hard.

I really hate that I have to hate this movie, cause it got a lot of things right, but for everything it did, a whole lot of wrong came up.

Edited by Pink Cat
  • Thumbs Up 2