Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

Time to overcome the stage fright of online Smash once again and learn some new Corrin moves, hopefully. :P

Should be fun, I'll join in for some Cards and Salem (Can't do Smash). Not done a game night before, looking forward to hanging out with you guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a suggestion for handheld night that a lot of people may have other than smash and that would be mario kart 7.

It's a very popular game that everyone should have it in their library

6 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

I have a suggestion for handheld night that a lot of people may have other than smash and that would be mario kart 7.

It's a very popular game that everyone should have it in their library

This is the reason why Handheld isn't viable anymore. A lot of people that have previously owned Smash 3DS and MK7 simply moved on to Smash U and MK8. Smash 3DS is lucky to get more than two players and a whole lot of people would rather play MK8.

I don't even have MK7. 

Anywho,  I'm gearing up for battle,  so I'll see you all in Smash tonight! 

Pretend you're Xyzzy looks cool. I'd like to be there presuming my computer would be OK, though keep in mind it's a pretty old machine (4 and a half years or so now?) that wasn't really designed for games to begin with so keep that in mind. Otherwise I'd like to be there!

Just now, Oscillo said:

Pretend you're Xyzzy looks cool. I'd like to be there presuming my computer would be OK, though keep in mind it's a pretty old machine (4 and a half years or so now?) that wasn't really designed for games to begin with so keep that in mind. Otherwise I'd like to be there!

Trust me, it isn't really taxing on visuals. If you can use SSMB, your computer can definitely handle it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm willing to take part in Wii U competitions at some point, but for privacy, I'm only giving out my NNID via PM.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Played some Smash for today's Game Night and it was... you guessed it, fun!

Got to play with @MickX in Smash for the first time, and he was fun to play with! Yoshi and Corrin make a sweet combo! Also played as Villager for the first time online, did better than I expected.

So yeah, I had fun and I cannot wait until the next time!

• Thumbs Up 2

So, since the Beta event is over, and the Encore is beginning, I'm gonna do a quick sum of our player count tonight. Keep in mind it's subject to change due to Encore still going on, but tonight, we managed to gather a massive uplift of players from last week's Game Night, with a total of 23 players, 22 SSMBers, one non-SSMBer. 7 on Smash U, 10 on Cards Against Humanity, and 6 on Town of Salem. Again, I am sorry about the lack of Handheld Night, but honestly, unless you guys can manage to garner some more support for it, we just don't know if we are going to be unable to handle the event, especially as it runs co-currently with Encore Night.

That said however, there's some great news. Cards Against Humanity Online/Pretend You're Xyzzy turned out to be a massive success, and had the largest player count of the night with 10 players, meaning it is becoming an official part of Game Night, which is also better for you guys, as it is free to play, it's playable on Browsers, a Username is all that is needed to play, it has it's own built in chat, and private lobbies, and it basically runs on anything (Like seriously, tablets, and mobiles can run it). 

One more thing I would like to mention is badges. They are coming. In fact, to my knowledge, all of the badges have already been inputted into SSMB's badge database, or whatever they use to keep badges. We're more or less ready to begin badge distribution soon, but due to the fact they are Anniversary badges, we have decided it is best to wait until the anniversary date to start handing them out. To quickly give a sum up:

Badges you can always get:

cK8uRln.png-Thank You for Playing! (Given to those who've participated in a Game Night over it's run the past year!)

4sqMyvo.png-Beta Tester (Were you around for a beta run? Hey, have a badge on us!)

Exclusive: 

DHLJoP5.png-Contributor (Contributed to Game Night in some way. Perhaps you helped run it! Or... something!) (Needed to have contributed to Game Night behind the scenes. It's kind of always attainable, but you have to contribute to the behind the scenes operation of Game Night for it)

Wz4SvRN.png-1st Birthday (1st Birthday - Given to those taking part in the upcoming "SPECIAL EVENT!")

Tourney Based (Can be attained if we hold a tourney again, and if you take part in it.)

a52JWJ7.png-SmaaaAAAAAaaash! (For only the most Smashing members!)

QGvwuZ4.png-Driver's License. (Drivers License - For only the best drivers!)

• Thumbs Up 3

I said I'd give Feedback so I will. Was my first time last night and I was a bit nervous. I rarely hang out with others online so didn't know what it would be like. I'm happy I did though, I had fun. Sure, I didn't play Smash so the first while on Discord was a bit quiet for me but once we got into Cards Against Humanity I got involved. Then everyone chatted away and enjoyed the game. Klonoa came out and won both rounds, congrats dude. I then went into Town of Salem having no idea what to do. I had fun but was really unsure what to do. So I'd say this for future. Know how to play before you go in, I floundered my first round (but did quite well) and was murdered the second. I'll be able to play more cards in the future at least, definitely recommend to everyone.

• Thumbs Up 2

For those who were playing Smash in a different room or just for archive purposes, here's how the matches went on my end:

Good games!

• Thumbs Up 2

I added it to both "SSMB Game Night: LIVE" and "SSMB Game Night Crap" Youtube playlists! You can view other recorded events of Game Night here

It was my second time at Game Night, and it was a lot of fun, thank you to @Ryannumber1gamer and @风之Klonoa for all of your hard work to put it all together.

I did awful in Town of Salem again, but it was still fun. I feel bad for that soggy person, especially if that was someone here, they died all because people thought I knew what I was doing.:P

A game of Cards Against Humanity is always fun, and game night's was no exception. Klonoa kicked our butts, and it was his first time playing the game, so I think that's pretty impressive. I'm glad to hear CAH is going to be a mainstay of game night, I'll definitely be participating in more game nights, that's for sure.

And thank you guys for doing these F2P browser games, there about the only games I can participate in, so I really appreciate having them for game night. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey. Just to let you know, I'm Game Night Staff, so this is an official confirmation on tomorrow's games.

Anyway, for the main game, it's....

fbook.jpg

MARIO KART 8 AT 5:00PM EST/10:00PM GMT SATURDAY 20TH FEBRUARY! 

For Encore: PRETEND YOU'RE XYZZY/CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY AT 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT!

• Thumbs Up 6

Mario Kart 8 tomorrow?

All right!:D Lucky for you guys I finally bought the DLC so I got that covered.

I better start playing so I can unlock everyone.

Just now, Dan-Dude said:

Mario Kart 8 tomorrow?

All right!:D Lucky for you guys I finally bought the DLC so I got that covered.

I better start playing so I can unlock everyone.

Still haven't gotten the DLC and I still haven't gotten everyone in the game...

I am so far behind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good games guys! We had a total of 20 players this week! 7 players for Mario Kart 8, and 13 players for Cards Against Humanity Online! Stayed tuned everyone for next week's games, and a little surprise we're building up for the anniversary lead up!

• Thumbs Up 4

Sorry I disappeared all of a sudden. My computer had a crash and then I lost the internet. Had fun though, hope you guys did too!

• Thumbs Up 1

So, now that we are officially three weeks away from the Anniversary event, it's now time to reveal our surprises!

THE SECOND SSMB GAME NIGHT SMASH BROS AND MARIO KART TOURNEYS 

That's right! The tourneys are back for a second round of high speed, high brawling action, and of course, if you play, you will receive a badge for participation!

So there you guys have it! On the next two weeks leading up to the Anniversary event, our regular Game Nights will be taking a short break in order to host two tourneys! Of course, we don't want to leave a good amount of you out, so we're also going to be hosting one game around 11:00pm GMT/6:00pm EST on these two weeks! This week's game will be...

CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY ONLINE FEBRUARY 27th AT 11:00pm GMT/6:00pm EST!

As for the tourneys, you can find their information and sign ups in the spoiler tags below:

Smash Bros Tourney:

Prize: a52JWJ7.png 

Date/Time: February 27th 2016 (Tourney begins at 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST)

Rules:

-You must send me, or Klonoa the replay of your match

-You have 24 hours to play your match

-The tourney takes place over one week (27/2/16 - 5/3/16)

-One day before the tourney is due to start, everyone will be added to a PM in which more information regarding organization will be mentioned there.

-All Items Off

-Smash Ball is optional if both players agree to it.

-3 Stock/3 Kills only 

-Best two out of three matches

-All Characters Allowed

-No Spamming/Stalling/Cheap Exploits

Legal Stages:

-All Omega Stages

-Smashville

-Final Destination

-Battlefield

-Town & City

-Lylat Cruise

-Halberd

-Delfino Plaza

-Duck Hunt

-Castle Siege

-Dream Land 64

Mario Kart 8 Tourney:

Prize: QGvwuZ4.png

Date/Time: March 5th 2016 

Rules:

-All Stages Legal

-All Items Usable

-A.I Off

-All Cars/Bikes Allowed

-150cc Only

-Please either record the match, or keep the highlights as proof of your win.

-Takes place over one week (5/3/16 - 12/3/16)

If any of you have any questions, let us know! As a reminder, the anniversary event is on March 12th 2016!

• Thumbs Up 3