Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

I honestly don't think Azul was intending to be rude or to complain - I think he was just attempting to make a joking sort of comment, but I can see why he came across the wrong way. I would advise Azul to be more careful next time so that he doesn't sound like he's complaining, but in all honesty I don't think he did anything really wrong, it was just a case of poor judgment at worst. But whatever he did, even if we assume the worst, it certainly doesn't deserve the response it got.

18 minutes ago, 风之Klonoa said:

To us, the people that have sacrificed entire days and weeks to get events going don't need to put up obnoxious and immature jabs just because we took out the handheld events. You could had just settled with saying you can't come in the same way Diamond did, but you had to go the immature and dumb route. 

Gee, thanks for making it so much easier for us.

Yeah, see this...this isn't okay, in fact it's a lot worse than Azul's comment, even assuming it was malicious (which I seriously doubt). Non-moderators "calling out" members - and in such a scolding, harsh, judgmental way - is not cool, and the fact that the offense you're criticizing was relatively minor only makes it worse. You already reported the comment, so why the heck did you feel the need to step in yourself? While Surreal did something similar, at least he was far more polite and modest about it.

I get it, you're annoyed, but lashing out isn't going to make things better. This conversation stops now.

• Thumbs Up 7

Look everyone, please just calm down. This really isn't something that needs to get this serious or angry. 

Azul, to answer your question, we recently shut down Handheld events because people kept time wasting us. To summarise, we placed it on a break or two, and people started complaining a lot about it. We brought it back, and it got a bare response. Smash was the only game being played and any attempts to try something else was met with people voting and not bothering to come. Considering how much time goes into getting the event up and running, we just decided it simply wasn't worth trying to get that event up and running especially since it runs beside Encore. In the future, we might hold one off Handheld events, but for now it's on hiatus/cancelled.

That said however, you can still take part in the night. The one thing Klonoa failed to clarify was both Cards Against Humanity Online, and Towns of Salem are free to play browser games, and Cards Against Humanity especially can run on basically anything, to the point tablets and phones can run it. However, it being Cards Against Humanity, you need to understand it's an 18+ game due to the fact they do not hold back on content, so if you are to play it, play at your own risk, and be aware that any statements said in the cards do not represent the player's actual opinions on the matter.

Edit; That "Paul" should be Azul. That was stupid autocorrect at work, and I can't edit posts on mobile.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, I forgot to mention they're both browser games. However, a few clarifications:

-Town of Salem is not a game you can run on your phone, because it's made with flash.

-Town of Salem will start after Cards Against Humanity has ended, possibly around 9 PM EST. We will most likely be playing with randoms due to player count.

Other than that, we should be ready. Let us know if you want to join, and we'll invite you to the Discord group! See you there!

Okay well, it turns out I might actually not be able to join for Smash. But I really wanted to. :( I just got a lot on my plate now with university prep and an assload of homework. I really hope you guys have though! Sounds like it's going to be a blast. 

Just now, kirby1up said:

happen to have any room for one more?

For Smash or CaHO or Town of Salem?

• Thumbs Up 1

You should be in the Discord group, right? Hop on in, otherwise I'll send you a discord invite.

I'll add you to the PM, no worries. Smash is over, but CaHO is beginning soon

Celebrated Game Night's anniversary with Smash tonight, and it was fun!

Heh... I kinda got my ass handed to me the majority of the time, though. Nevertheless, it was still enjoyable chatting with y'all and playing together! Happy anniversary!

• Thumbs Up 5

I got second place in Cards Against Humanity!

I also had a ton of fun in Smash, especially when I used my fabled PK Steal on @Supt. Gabe >:^)

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I had a fun time with Cards Against Humanity, congrats on the one year anniversary guys! Hope this event still continues for another year!

• Thumbs Up 3

Congratulations, Ryan, Klonoa and everyone else involved! You pulled off an amazing event that allowed us all to bond and have fun! You guys have gone through so much to keep this thing running, and I am so glad to assist you as well!

As for the player count being higher than before! Congratulations! That's amazing!

Here's to more years to come! :)

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll likely remember this event as the one where I played Smash on one screen and was looking at my PC's BIOS in another screen. Not my every day's setting for sure. :P Still glad I could play a few games, and next time I'll be sure to have this machine set up properly so that things will go smoother on my end!

As someone who became a lurker around here over the years I really appreciate Game Night as an event. It helps me get in touch with people who I probably wouldn't have found or interacted with as much before. Hoping to see more of this event in the future!

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm happy to have participated in Game Night's 1st anniversary, even though I haven't done game night for very long (I think it's been about a month now), I've really enjoyed it. 

Once again Cards Against Humanity was a lot of fun. It was a good decision to change the point number to 5, we don't get stuck with the same hands, and we get to play a few games, Is it going to be 5 points for future nights?

Congratulations to @Ryannumber1gamer, @风之Klonoa, @Felix, @Strickerx5, @Rucdose, @Forte-Metallix, @Lhancat, and @Inkling Cooper! Here's to another successful year!

• Thumbs Up 3

Wanted to give a big congrats to Ryan and the team for the one year anniversary! You've done a great job and should be very proud of all you've done. Bringing all these guys together for a few games could go terribly but you've kept everything well run and fun. Had a blast last night playing Cards Against Humanity (Hooray, I won the last one) and Town of Salem ( really need to get better at it). Give yourself a pat on the back guys, you did good!

4sTQ5Ia.png

• Thumbs Up 5

I feel bad that I wasn't able to make it that much tonight. But it was still a loss of fun. Another night well done! 

CaH was an awesome waste of time. Of course, what made it awesome was playing it with you guys! Sure, Donald Trump came up one too many times (and I can only imagine how this would sound out of context), but that aside, I had a blast! 

Of course, I have to give a shout to our hosts; without them, this would have been a mere chimera! Guys, your patience and dedication could be used as an example! 

• Thumbs Up 2