Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

Reminder: Game Night is starting in less than two hours. If you want to play Smash, or Mario Kart 8, or Kid Icarus Uprising, and also earn a badge in the process, let me know now in advance so I can add you to the PM!

NOTICE: LACK OF ACTIVITY WITH KI UPRISING MEANS IT'S BEING SWITCHED OUT FOR SMASH BROS FOR 3DS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO PLAY! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, just got back from my first Game Night in a while, and it was just as fun as the last one if not MORE fun! Why? Because I got to participate in two games this time!

Smash was a blast! I had fun on single, team and random battles with everyone! (Still not sure how I won as Duck Hunt against Ryu, though..) @Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon, @LiamTheAnimator, @Felix, @Ryannumber1gamer, @TheSilverFanBoy, you guys were awesome!

As for Mario Kart, I sucked real hard and I had a big smile on my face despite it! It was fun racing with @Ryannumber1gamer, @Dan-Dude, @Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon, @Forte-Metallix, @Nepenthe, @MickX, @The Deleter and @Dejimon11! That's the fun thing about Game Night, being able to make new friends and interact with those you won't normally interact with!

Looking forward to next time!

• Thumbs Up 8

Mick beasted at Mario Kart. I wanna race like him when I grow up. 8'D

Overall, it was fun! Even the little hiccups between tournaments weren't a big deal. I just mainly like racing with other people. xD We should do it again soon.

• Thumbs Up 7

It must of been forever since I played Mario Kart 8 cause man did I suck HARD.

Regardless, this was a fun Game Night and I enjoyed playing and chatting with you guys and I'll make sure I get the DLC for MK8 next time.

I'm definitely doing this again sometime. Expect me to be a regular member of this! ( As long you're playing the games I have...)

• Thumbs Up 4

What I may underperformed in on Mario Kart 8 was made up for tenfold in my domination skills of Smash Bros4. Quite a smashing good time at that!

• Thumbs Up 3

Alright folks, that's a wrap!

What a epic comeback! This weeks turnout was awesome, despite a few hitches! That said however, things were absolutely majorly improved from the extreme stresses that Game Night was causing back in November, and words really don't even begin to describe how happy I am to confirm that. 

So what was our turnout? 22 members battled and raced against each other over two different consoles, and on top of that, we had a bunch of new faces appearing for the first time in Game Night, such as @Nepenthe, @Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon, @MickX @Dan-Dude and more! Rivalries were forged, the salt was spread, and for some crazy reason, someone enabled stage hazards! Things were intense, and things were fun! I'm so happy Game Night managed to make such a great comeback, especially after a month hiatus. 4 weeks, means 4 missed Game Nights, and I was worried that the player count was gonna drop heavily due to that, but I'm especially happy that wasn't the case, and it really does help paint a good picture on the leadup to Game Night's first official anniversary! There's only a few more weeks to go till the anniversary after all! 

I'm also happy to announce that our first Game Night using Discord made things a lot more manageable and easier for everyone. We managed to organize all friend codes and Usernames into a handy channel so anyone who's joining into Game Night mid way simply need to look into the Friend Request channels, and find exactly what they need. It's features as well make Chatzy look like....well Chatzy. What I mean is Chatzy is basic. I mean extremely basic. So basic that the chat room expires after two weeks, and they want you to pay for private messaging. Discord allows for PMs, and many features that emulate Skype, and it's completely 100% free. It's a much better and much more organized method of communication rather than using PMs, or Chatzy, and for the most part, I think everyone agrees. 

We did have a few hitches here and there, regarding the first beginning of the Handheld event, but overall, things went a lot more easier than it usually does, and that's an great improvement in my book, and hopefully over the coming weeks when the rest of you guys join back in for Game Night, you'll agree that things have made some great improvements.

Before I announce the games for next week however, I do want to announce a brand new thing we're gonna be doing. You know that Beta Badge above? You know, the one that's exclusive to the eight people who decided to beta test the original Game Night? Isn't it a shame that the badge is only go to those eight, especially with the amount of care and effort in it? Well, fear no more, because we're also happy to announce a new weekly event that will allow you to get this badge! We're always looking to expand game library for Game Night, especially for Free 2 Play games, but that requires testing, which is why I'm happy to announce Late Night Testers! This is where me, Klonoa, or one of the other members of Game Night staff will want to try add a game to the lineup, and usually it's free to play, but that requires testing so we don't end up causing a screw up during Game Night, and seriously delaying things, so these test nights will take place after specific Game Nights (Don't worry, I will give prior notice when one of the test nights is coming up). So if you want to get yourself one of those shiny Beta Badges, join us for one of these Beta Nights! In fact, one of these Beta Nights is happening right now, as Klonoa, and a few other members who played with us are currently testing next week's Encore game!

Speaking of Next Week, we want to use next week as a good chance to help rebuild the community. The mod feedback topic is up, and there's new mods to help make this place a welcoming place to be again, and Game Night wants to be apart of that, so that's why next week is going to be totally free to play! The only exception is Handheld Night (Due to a lack of good F2P Handheld games :P) Next week, we're bringing back on of Game Night's all time favourites, as well as a brand new additon to Game Night that's free to play, and browser based, so you don't even need to download anything!

So, without further ado, here's next week's games!

SSMB GAME NIGHT ON JANUARY 30TH AT 5:00PM EST/10:00PM GMT IS....

blog_chars_base3.jpg

"These are the facts as I understand them!" - Soldier

GAME NIGHT ENCORE ON JANUARY 30TH 2016 AT 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT is...

Our Brand New F2P Browser Based Game, being hosted by @Kaze no Klonoa which is....

latest?cb=20150628075019

"I haven't played this game so I don't have a quote :P" - Ryannumber1gamer

AND FINALLY, FOR HANDHELD NIGHT, WE HAVE....

smashbros_3DS-646x519.jpg

"You're Too Slow!" - Sonic T. Hedgehog

• Thumbs Up 9

Hmmm, I should probably get around to stocking up, on my fellow SSMB'rs Friend Codes for handheld nights.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dude, Town of Salem was a fucking riot! Absolute blast playing with all of you guys, it's now going to be a major game as a part of Game Night. Over 9+ folks got into the fun and played a mafia-themed game of epic porportions. IT is in fact one of the encore events next week, so we hope you'll all come! Thank you so much for coming ;)

And to those who played, you're getting something neato

EDIT: If plans go well, our next big beta game is Sven Co-Op, which is a Co-Op standalone version of Half-Life that allows up to 16 players to play on the game's original campaigns and it's ridiculous maps. It's a mod 17 years in the making, and if we can get it running it'll be a blast. Runs on toasters, completely free to play, etc. etc.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm gonna have to apologize for this week's game night.

So I ended up disappearing on you guys because I suddenly felt sick so I couldn't really play. Not only that but we did face some connection problems along the way for just a simple fun time but I'm guessing the other guys figured it out. So I'm sorry about all that.

I'll try to avoid being sick next time so the handheld part goes by a bit better.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Kaze no Klonoa said:

Dude, Town of Salem was a fucking riot! Absolute blast playing with all of you guys, it's now going to be a major game as a part of Game Night. Over 9+ folks got into the fun and played a mafia-themed game of epic porportions. IT is in fact one of the encore events next week, so we hope you'll all come! Thank you so much for coming ;)

I literally left for like 4/5s of a single game and no one voted to kill me. No one killed me because apparently they couldn't decide if my silence was indeed me being afk or just some sneaky-ass strategy to not invite suspicion. It was a glorious firestorm that ended the moment I started chatting. We must play this again.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

I literally left for like 4/5s of a single game and no one voted to kill me. No one killed me because apparently they couldn't decide if my silence was indeed me being afk or just some sneaky-ass strategy to not invite suspicion. It was a glorious firestorm that ended the moment I started chatting. We must play this again.

90a5442391c143173baf1fd82e5b2449-10-gifs

And as Klonoa mentioned above, there'll be another beta night with a f2p game soon as well and I'll give more information about it when that's finalized.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll need to eventually get around to uploading every battle footage that I possibly can from last night. 

Man, those races were so much fun! Managed to get a trophy in every GP except one! (Whoever had that Piranha Plant in N64 Rainbow Road, you better watch your back) I think I'll stick to my Mii from now on when it comes to competitive matches. 

I wanna thank everyone for making last night so gosh-darn fun, even if I was more than a little salty at times!

• Thumbs Up 2

A reminder that Game Night is happening today! Long-time favorite Team Fortress 2 (F2P First-Person-Shooter) will start at 5 PM EST, followed by newcomer Town of Salem (Browser-Based Mafia-like game, F2P) and Handheld Classic Smash Bros. 3DS! Let us know if you want to come, and if you're already in the Discord chat, hop on in! We will also do a beta event for Sven Co-Op (Free Standalone Mod that enables co-op for Half-Life and the GoldSrc Engine) at 9:30 PM! Now here are some instructions for setting those games up!

Team Fortress: Setting up a Steam Account is easy. Once that's done, find the game on the Steam Store and install it. When done, contact the host about organizing them stuff. Setting up TF2 will vary on many factors (Internet Speed, time it takes to set up Steam Account/Profile, etc.). If you're a first-time, you'll definitely want to set up the game as soon as possible.

Town of Salem: Go to https://www.blankmediagames.com/ and sign up for Town of Salem. You will make a forum account. Then go back to the main site,click "Play Now", and log in. You'll play a lengthy tutorial explaining the rules and some of the roles. Once done, ask for a friend request (and invite) to join the host's game. Setting up First-Time should only take around 30 minutes. Alternatively, if you want to, you can buy the game on Steam for $5, and get the client version instead.

Note: Town of Salem does not have private lobbies. If 15 players are not present, then we will be matched with randoms. Honestly, it's better this way, just a heads up ;)

Smash 3DS: Own the game, use friend codes to friend everybody participating (Or just the hosts), and hop on in!

Sven Co-Op (BETA): Like TF2, you're going to need a Steam account and download it from the store (For free). Sven Co-Op has never been tested with online before, so please do understand that it's going to take a heavy while to set up on our side. Setting up First-Time will vary on many factors, but it's a small download and will be fairly quick. You do not need to own Half-Life on Steam to play the mod in it's entirety.

That'll be all! See you there!

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys. I'm sorry. I wanted to join in tonight but my body is asking me for sleep so I'm gonna call it a night. 

I am interested in joining! I have discord, steam, 3ds, wii u, everything that is able to play any of these games. 

4 minutes ago, NiGHTS said:

I am interested in joining! I have discord, steam, 3ds, wii u, everything that is able to play any of these games. 

Game Night is wrapping up pretty soon, but you're welcome to join next week, and join the beta event that's starting soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was a very strange game of Town of Salem. Then again I had no idea what the hell I was doing so that might be part of the reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright, so Game Night!

5 or less people participated TF2 (From my knowledge I dunno the final numbers), 6 participated in Smash 3DS, and 6 participated in Town of Salem. Overall, a OK night, a far cry from last week, but hey, it was pretty fun. Communication was really problematic though, seriously. A lot of you either didn't hop in til later or failed to let us know if you were coming/not. Which is fine, but it made the event pretty hard to locate.

Sven Co-op was not successful since it seems like we couldn't properly set up a server. Was worth a shot. Thankfully, I do know someone who can help us out on that so Sven Co-op has a good chance of happening. Thanks for participating to the beta at least!

Our next beta event will be Halo Online next week. Unsure of what the next games will be, we'll keep you posted! Thanks for coming! The event wasn't as grand as the last one, but we're going to tinker and figure out what works and what doesn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

SSMB Game Night is not going to happen on 2/6/15, and will be pushed back to 2/13/15. I'm remedying this with a SteamGifts giveaway that you guys can enter!

EDIT: NEW LINK http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/Gkq4m/orion-prelude

I will be offering a gift of Orion Prelude to SSMB Game Night Steam Group members (And later the SSMB Steam Group of Hilarity) on Steam Gifts. To use SteamGifts however, you have to at least have $100 worth of games/apps on your Steam account, meaning not everyone will unfortunately be able to participate. However, I hope this will alleviate a lost week for Game Night atm.

This is however, a test giveaway. Based on feedback, we may or may not be using Game Night giveaways with Steamgifts or with a similar set-up in the future. If you meet the requirements, hop on in and get yourself a chance to win!

EDIT: The giveaway is open to everyone in the Sonic Stadium Steam Group.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, after last week's break, we're ready to get back on track, although with some new changes. 

First off, our main game will be...

main-wiiu-logo.png

SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U AT 5:00PM EST/10:00PM GMT SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY! 

And now for a major announcement for this week. Encore and Beta are being switched. Encore will still proceed, with Klonoa hosting a game, but because I wish to Beta test a game, we're switching the times this week. 

So for Beta Night it is...

PRETEND YOU'RE XYZZY/CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY ONLINE AT 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT 

NOTICE: THIS IS A FREE 2 PLAY BROWSER BASED GAME WITH PRIVATE LOBBIES.

Warning: Because this is a online version of Cards Against Humanity, please be aware that this is an 18+ game, and they do not hold back on certain cards, so if you are joining, be aware that references to some adult content will be in the game. 

And finally, for Game Night Encore...

latest?cb=20150628075019

TOWNS OF SALEM AT 9:30PM EST!

A lot of you may be noticing a event missing. Until further notice, Game Night Handheld is shut down. Why? Simple answer honestly is lack of players, and no variety. What I mean is the only game being played is Smash 3DS. The reason why is because barely anyone plays unless it's Smash 3DS, and any attempt to branch out has been unsuccessful. The staff have been finding it hard to maintain events co-currently with Encore and Handheld, and we just aren't sure if it's worth it. So we're giving you guys an ultimatum. If you want Game Night Handheld to survive, then you need to tell us you intend to play.

• Thumbs Up 3