Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Sorry for double posting, but here's an example. I'm 68.7% right now. This number does not go up when I rank up. Does it affect a separate score bonus or am I missing something?

The score bonus you get from buddies has nothing to do with the score bonus gained from rank.

3abbdc9998a9488428725d5ef0784f35.jpg

af2fcc5491cd44319126c3c09933a9df.jpg

The score bonus you get from buddies has nothing to do with the score bonus gained from rank.

Then is the rank up score increasing invisible to us? Because a rep told me the score bonus can only increase by getting a new companion. 73b3321fac3bf74300c4a35188bd66b5.jpg

I got a message from SEGA in Twitter. image.thumb.jpg.79895c38659b5cb7cfbcb2cb So that's why the Team Easy notification always appears once every day.

Does anyone else's game seem less... stable as of late? It could just be my phone (still an iPhone 5s), but my other apps work fine.

When I first installed the game, the framerate was perfectly smooth and everything was responsive. Lately, though, I'm noticing tiny instances of lag as I'm playing; nothing truly game breaking yet, but the game very slightly "jumps" from time to time and nearly causes me to get hit and/or die.

The gameplay seems to be affected as well. When I take aerial paths that make use of bouncing on a chain of multiple enemies, my character will occasionally not even register the enemy and pass right through it, causing me to fall and possibly hit obstacles. The worst offender was during a run with Tails when I reached the Top Speed section. I was dashing down a slope with some spikes at the bottom that I had to jump over, but halfway down the slope, Tails suddenly glitched off of it, went airborne, and landed in the spikes within a split-second, causing him to die.

At first I'd thought it was because I'd switched to a larger companion like Erazor and it made the game chug as a result, but the problems still persist after switching back to smaller companions.

Does anyone else's game seem less... stable as of late? It could just be my phone (still an iPhone 5s), but my other apps work fine.

When I first installed the game, the framerate was perfectly smooth and everything was responsive. Lately, though, I'm noticing tiny instances of lag as I'm playing; nothing truly game breaking yet, but the game very slightly "jumps" from time to time and nearly causes me to get hit and/or die.

The gameplay seems to be affected as well. When I take aerial paths that make use of bouncing on a chain of multiple enemies, my character will occasionally not even register the enemy and pass right through it, causing me to fall and possibly hit obstacles. The worst offender was during a run with Tails when I reached the Top Speed section. I was dashing down a slope with some spikes at the bottom that I had to jump over, but halfway down the slope, Tails suddenly glitched off of it, went airborne, and landed in the spikes within a split-second, causing him to die.

At first I'd thought it was because I'd switched to a larger companion like Erazor and it made the game chug, but the problems still persist after switching back to smaller companions.

This has been happening to me since release. Somedays are better than others. It's really weird. I try to close most background apps/processes, but the doesn't seem to be the problem. I do notice that it lags more after I've revived from watching and ad though.

I'm playing on Android though (Nexus 5) so this might be pointless to you anyway.

So, spun the wheel and got the character egg.

And I got Omega.

Shit

I haven't participated in two RC Monkey events since the soft-launch of Sonic Runners. It is said that a RC Monkey extends the combo bonus duration time. Then, I came with this question:  image.thumb.jpg.cf4ab9416f8edaef0456d108Why would we have this?

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there a trick to getting better crap from the wheel? Or is it just luck? Cause a lot of people here are getting cool crap like Caliburn, Classic Sonic, etc.. Meanwhile, I've just mainly been getting upgrades to the assists I already have.

Boyle, you seem to be a bit confused. None of your friends are getting an increase to that bonus when they rank up. The bonus you see there is a bonus you get from getting buddies. You do not see any indication of the rank bonus. 

Is there a trick to getting better crap from the wheel? Or is it just luck? Cause a lot of people here are getting cool crap like Caliburn, Classic Sonic, etc.. Meanwhile, I've just mainly been getting upgrades to the assists I already have.

There is no trick. It's purely RNG. Lots of people seem to believe they have some kind of golden trick with the roulette, but nothing's been proven thus far.

Boyle, you seem to be a bit confused. None of your friends are getting an increase to that bonus when they rank up. The bonus you see there is a bonus you get from getting buddies. You do not see any indication of the rank bonus. 

There is no trick. It's purely RNG. Lots of people seem to believe they have some kind of golden trick with the roulette, but nothing's been proven thus far.

You can press the button again to stop it though, right?

image.thumb.jpg.94fcf60485131fe3a2136d13Oh, man! This guy is very great player. I think that he's Indonesia's best Sonic Runners player yet!

In the soft launch version you could stop the wheel, and if you knew the timing you could basically guarantee a character egg. (Hey, don't get mad at me guys. I actually made a post here telling you all the timing, but it was ignored.) However, ever since 1.1.0 it seems like either the wheel can't be stopped or the timing was changed. I guess I'll experiment more once Shadow comes. That reminds me to tell you all do not spin the wheel until next month unless you want to have every character. There's a chance that if you wait a few more days the character egg will drop both Shadow or Rouge and no one wants to waste RSR on Omega.

@Boyle The bonus you're looking at applies to buddies only. The ranking bonus is invisible and I'm not sure we know exactly what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not rank 210=210% increase like someone said earlier, though I don't have my phone right now so I can't check.

Btw, if any of you are having trouble and want to git gud, watch this.

https://youtu.be/Lf-mQwXS3MA (sorry, I don't know how to embed)

This guy is a legend at the game and survived nearly 3 hours. Personally, I've lasted 40 minutes without reviving with the Shahra and Erazor Djinn combo. Carbuncle may score more, but if you have patience and skill an infinite run (or at least hours long) doesn't seem that insane with Erazor Djinn.

Edited by Jrodt333

This guy is a legend at the game and survived nearly 3 hours. Personally, I've lasted 40 minutes without reviving with the Shahra and Erazor Djinn combo. Carbuncle may score more, but if you have patience and skill an infinite run (or at least hours long) doesn't seem that insane with Erazor Djinn.

How about this one?

image.thumb.jpg.7201eb230c7f66162048f676This guy had already reached rank 999 before the worldwide release of Sonic Runners.

image.thumb.jpg.4b00edaff982790e3aae22b7

Finally broke past 80 million.

what did you use?

Well, if you maxed out most of the companions, whan you land on them, they give you speccial eggs, so you will get them pretty fast...

I used Rouge with Shahra & RC Battle Cruise in Sky Road this afternoon. I didn't know which section, but it was where I got an Indigo Wisp and then its duration time ended instantly. Does anyone see the same glitch as this one?

Sorry for the double post, but...

image.thumb.jpg.6f993557a25953f50c2d603b

2000000 downloads campaign will be held. And I already got 10 RSRs after this notification appeared.

@Diamond Z 

About Ukokira's high score, I think Ukokira used Rouge & Charmy with Lv. 5 Shahra & Lv. 5 Erazor Djinn.

UPDATE 1: Login everyday to get 10 Red Star Rings from 7/28 ~ 8/3.

UPDATE 2: The 2000000 downloads campaign notification is gone from the notification box unexpectedly.

Edited by GreninJovan
EDIT: Spelling corrections & updating the information

what did you use?

Well, if you maxed out most of the companions, whan you land on them, they give you speccial eggs, so you will get them pretty fast...

but how are you supposed to max out companions quickly enough to get special eggs when new companions keep getting added all of the time?

Sorry, another question:

does the score bonus I get from using Rouge only take affect when I'm using her? In other words, if I have Tails as main and Rouge as sub for a flying level, will I get the score bonus from Rouge even if I only use her for a short portion of the run, or does her bonus only apply to the part of the run that I use her for?

How about this one?

image.thumb.jpg.7201eb230c7f66162048f676This guy had already reached rank 999 before the worldwide release of Sonic Runners.

Haha, yes, I've seen him before. Must take some serious dedication (and obsession) to reach max rank. I like Darkspinessonic though because he livestreams and he actually has footage of his run.

Sorry, another question:

does the score bonus I get from using Rouge only take affect when I'm using her? In other words, if I have Tails as main and Rouge as sub for a flying level, will I get the score bonus from Rouge even if I only use her for a short portion of the run, or does her bonus only apply to the part of the run that I use her for?

As long as you bought character swap, you get both characters' bonuses. The only difference gameplay-wise when using sub characters is character type and how long powerups last. The bar that shows your bonuses before you start a run is what your bonuses are with a character swap and it applies for the whole run, even if Rouge dies on the first enemy and Tails lasts 10000 meters.

You can press the button again to stop it though, right?

No. And even if there is a way to stop it that's managed to escape me, we don't know if it would have stopped there without interaction.

If i level up rouge to have 20% score bonus, does that mean she will have now a 95% score bonus?Because it shows me 100% score bonus

Guys and gals...

https://m.facebook.com/Sonic/photos/a.406270927417.185036.23050342417/10153459764162418/?type=1&source=48