Awoo.

*SUPER* Mario Maker (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Pokémon Amiibo compatible! :o Pokémon Amiibo compatible!

https://www.twitter.com/infoamiibo/status/633675425479282688?p=v

Edited by Nexthehedgehog

US commercial:

Always love it when they break out the awesome-looking CG for their ads. Really brings out the insanity of this game. :D

• Thumbs Up 5

US commercial:

Always love it when they break out the awesome-looking CG for their ads. Really brings out the insanity of this game. :D

Now that's the way to market this!

You guys wanted to make an autoplaying level? well here's the ultimate one

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. So, if anyone on SSMB wants to share levels together using the ID code for that level and share levels you find online using the codes we can play on this link:  https://discord.gg/0V4s0FGp2iydwUbm To get in, simply register for an account on there (Peferably your SSMB name) and you're in!

Edited by Inkling Cooper
Link change.

Is it weird that Roy or ryu costumes are not on here? I've seen a video that shows all 99 costumes and both of them are not there.

Also I'm glad they added the game over sound for sonic. Was afraid they would of only used the noise.

Technically related to the SMB 30th Anniversary thing, but eh. Today, Nintendo UK uploaded a video on Twitter of Miyamoto addressing some Mario Myths.

Among some things, he confirmed Super Mario Bros. 3 was a performance, he would not allow Dr. Mario to perform on him, none of his courses are featured in Super Mario Maker (but he does note that he intends to post something, so stay tuned for that) and the big one...

...Miyamoto says HE'S the mother of Bowser Jr.

I9TOobn.gif

...but how? And does that mean he and Bowser...and even then, how...on earth?

...all this does is raise even more questions!

Last but not least (SMM SPOILERS below)

Miyamoto has a message* for fans complaining about Daisy not being an available costume in the game...

RqBBMHs.png

*don't grab your pitchforks and torches....the picture is edited =P. Based GAF for this as well as the above pic, they work fast. =D[\spoiler]

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 2

Is it weird that Roy or ryu costumes are not on here? I've seen a video that shows all 99 costumes and both of them are not there.

Also I'm glad they added the game over sound for sonic. Was afraid they would of only used the noise.

Considering Famitsu's mascot is getting added post-release as a costume, I definitely think the other DLC characters for Smash will be getting added later.

Most if not all the Amiibo costumes, Sonic is around 12:50

Woah, does Sonic actually play like Sonic? I saw him roll...

Woah, does Sonic actually play like Sonic? I saw him roll...

No, he doesn't. Every character has swim, jump, walk, run, climb, and duck animations, as well as a pose they can do. Sonic's run animation is him rolling. He does not play any different, he just roles when he runs. Samus does the same thing.

That's not his running animation, that's his sliding with momentum animation, you can see he turned and the momentum is carrying him to the oposite side he's turned to.

No, Sonic's running animation is definitely him rolling. It's been shown off in a few videos and the the GameXplain guy specifically noted it was his running animation during a stream yesterday. His braking animation is something else...it doesn't look like the animation from the original Sonic games tho', which is kind of strange considering how faithful his other animations are.

Though it would have taken a lot of work, I do kind of wish the costumes all played differently in some way. Luigi having his physics, Peach being able to hover, etc. The costumes are really cool though, even if it's just an aesthetic change.

Edited by Celestia

His running animation is rolling? Man it's gonna take a while for me to not run into enemies thinking I'm invencible.

• Thumbs Up 7

Made my first course on Mario Maker.  It was fairly simple, but has a bunch of optional little puzzles to collect secret caches of coins.  I think as a personal thing, I’m going to make sure all of my courses have exactly a multiple of 100 coins (i.e. all of my courses will have the bonus challenge of collecting every coin, and you’ll know you’ve done it because the last coin will always get you a 1up).

Also I celebrate my Mario launch days in style.

EDIT: Info on my course in the spoiler for those who want to play it:

tumblr_nuiqo9gBYK1qhi4j7o1_540.jpg

Column Cavern - 2042-0000-0015-1DF8

Coin Count: 200

Here’s my first course, made using just the basic pieces along with a few bits from the first set of unlocked pieces, you’ll need to use wall jumps and spring boards to clear it.  It’s not very long, and just a little puzzley and challenging to get to the goal, but I put a few secret areas to find in if you want to take on the challenge of finding all 200 coins!

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

Once I get this game I have a good idea about what level I want to tackle:

e-29/e-30:  Bowser's Airship

Yes, the same one from the Japan exclusive e-Reader cards for SMA4 combined into one level (with Boom-Boom replaced by Bowser Jr. of course).

I ordered Super Mario Maker last week through Gamestop. I just have it being shipped, though, so it won't arrive until next week likely. That said, I'm not able to play it anytime soon. I had to go stay with my parents a bit while I work on getting dental stuff taken care of (my apartment is about 300 miles from Milwaukee, which is the only place I can really go for insurance purposes). So yeah, I'll just be watching other creations for right now.

I finally got my copy, but now my WiiU needs to update.  So for the time being, I am watching the PBS series NOVA on Evolution

EDIT:

Played through the 10 Challenge a few times and beat the 100 challenge once.  The Game is great!

Edited by Tailikku

The community is really creative somebody made a Mega Man 2 level

My personal favorites are the series of levels made by the bit block seriously check them out

I made my first level.

Brick Break Base:

sJ93E8T.jpg

ID: 4B98-0000-0013-570B

It's a pretty forgiving/easy level, I'd say. It's basically for all intents and purposes my "1-1" if I were to make a set of Mario Levels/worlds. I'll definitely be making more, but it'l be hard to have a natural sense of progression and a natural difficulty curve. Not all my levels will be NSMB style, in fact I'll probably try to evenly use all of them. Hope you guys like it!