Awoo.

*SUPER* Mario Maker (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I'm currently in the process of making Donkey Kong Country levels. This is the update I've been waiting for; I can now use Pink Coins to represent the KONG letters, and at the location of the final KONG letter in any given level I add a locked door which takes you to a remote location on the map giving you a 1-up. I'm also using bumpers to replace tires.

I only have one level left to complete W-1 of DKC. Once I finish it I'll post it here. Its been slow going, though, because I have been extremely busy with work.

Some levels I've made recently:

ridj5v.jpg

Burning Ambition (FED7-0000-01F6-B7A1) - Any fan of the Pokemon anime might recognize THIS particular title and the concept behind it is basically what you'd expect. Made this as a little celebration of the franchise's 20th Anniversary.

jpdel5.jpg

New Super Kaizo Mario 64 U (A59F-0000-01ED-6F5A) - Inspired by the greatest rom hacker in existence, this was my first attempt at a "hard" level, having some fun with troll moves while still keeping it very possible to complete. Had to fine-tune and reupload it after my sister's boyfriend played it and found every fast complete exploit, though. XD

30iuqag.jpg

Bowser's PAINchinko Parlor (F137-0000-01FA-1A2F) Yay, my first level in my favorite game style! Also my most recent creation. (Literally just finished making it right before posting this.) Inspired by Super Mario Sunshine's infamous Pachinko stage with some liberties taken due to limitations, this level throws five different challenges at you one after the other. Some are easy-peasy...some not so much. Don't dilly-dally. There are no checkpoints. It's also my first level using the new Pink Coins and Keys, so I'm really happy with how it turned out!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this game the other day and I slapped a level together.

Cave of Despair:  8795-0000-0216-A264

This is the first level I actually put any effort in, and I'm pretty proud of how it came out.  It's not the best, but y'know, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

If there's any Doctor Who fans out there, I've made a level inspired by the Series 9 episode "Heaven Sent":

5759-0000-0222-BA8B

Can you escape the sinister Veil and break your way through a wall twenty times thicker than diamond? Go on, give it a try!

• Thumbs Up 1

I made a new level while I was bored.

It's short and easy. The point/idea behind it was "to make a level that's possible to beat without the run button or spinjumping".

A Leisurely Stroll (Ver 1.0) :

C86C-0000-0224-538C.jpg

C86C-0000-0224-538C_full.jpg

C86C-0000-0224-538C

On 4/16/2016 at 5:42 AM, Doctor MK said:

If there's any Doctor Who fans out there, I've made a level inspired by the Series 9 episode "Heaven Sent":

5759-0000-0222-BA8B

Can you escape the sinister Veil and break your way through a wall twenty times thicker than diamond? Go on, give it a try!

I did, I was the first one to complete it.  My comment says it all after breaking through the wall

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/video_the_ice_climbers_are_coming_to_super_mario_maker

Guess who's back?

The files indicated that only Popo was originally planned, glad to see them together.

And with them added, there is only 5 left costumes to bring over from the Data:

GoldenRetri
MarioUs
Muncher
Tetris
WindowsLogo

Come on, Golden Retriever! I want to be a Nintendog!

I'm addicted to this game.

I mean, I thought it'd just be a fun little time-waster. I thought if anything, I'd spend the majority of my time making levels.

Wrong on both counts. I've played it just about every day for at least an hour, and I've only made one level, because I'm having so much darn fun exploring the millions of levels out there and all the creative ideas the fans have come up with. Seriously, I'm having trouble imagining myself getting bored with this game; there's just so many different things you can do in so many different ways! I'm an addict, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, folks, want some more costumes in Super Mario Maker?

Spoiler

A fresh duo is coming to go with their amiibo!

Now, if only we could get Waddle Dee...

• 1 month later...

Well, it's official now, Callie and Marie are coming to Super Mario Maker!

Now, we're back into the unknown when it comes to costumes.