Awoo.

*SUPER* Mario Maker (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I just realized this but I'm wondering if we're gonna even get desert levels and beach levels. It would be nice to have quick sand and shallow water type levels although I'm not sure if they will go far with that for Mario world and smb1 but I think it's possible since they did it with other themes.

I'm just wondering if we're gonna be able to have rising/falling water and lava and adjust the settings for them like making a switch drain the water down or a continuous rising and falling lava.

Also some cheep chomps, porcupuffer and urchins should be nice to have. More underwater creatures would be cool.

Remember how Takashi Tezuka initially said that Super Mario Maker would have a consistent set of physics for all of the 2D Mario games represented a few months ago? Apparently this is no longer the case, as people on Neogaf who have played demos of the game are saying that Super Mario Maker has separate physics for each 2D Mario game represented, with each of them being faithful to the source material. Whether they are or aren't striving for 1:1 accuracy to the original games' physics is up for debate though.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we were limited to grass world and athletic style levels for outdoors levels, so here's hoping for at least desert and snow if nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1

There were like, 7 different areas that I could choose from. Outdoor, underground, castle and underwater are the only ones I remember though.

We've seen glimpses of the level theme menu, and the only themes on it are Ground, Underground, Underwater, Ghost House, Airship and Castle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good news!

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2015/06/25/super-mario-maker-comes-with-100-courses

If you love 2D Mario, I see no reason to not buy this game now. I'm sure some people were worried there might not be alot of premade Mario levels to play with instead of relying on people around the world making the levels and finding good ones that could potentially be hard.

But now you can play a bunch of levels from the start even if you don't have online for your systems so you at least have some levels to play when you get the game.

So.......whose still worried about this?

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any confirmation as to what limits the Amiibo power ups have? Will we be able to use them in the other game modes or are they limited to Mario 1 style?

The third of those levels is an automatic level!  I wondered if it would be possible to make those in SMM.

Its confirmed in one of the tree house e3 videos that the amiibos only work for smb 1 style. It think it would of taken more work for the other versions. And also I don't think some characters would fit in it. Especially NSMBU style.

And making automatic levels is already confirmed to made by every one. You can choose three speeds for it. Slow, medium and fast. Hopefully we get more options for it though.

Here's an example of how it can be used.

Super Mario Maker - Level Creator Gameplay (Direc…:

By "automatic levels," I mean the ones where you win by doing absolutely nothing because the level plays itself, through the use of conveyor belts, springs, etc.

Oh stupid me thinking about auto scrolling lol.

But yea automatic levels will be possible. Byou just gotta be creative with it. Test after test of making a good automatic level.

UK peeps will be pleased to know the game + amiibo bundle is now available to look at the "Out of Stock" sign on at the Official Nintendo Store site.  =,D

...Yeah, it has of course, only been available to pre-order for a matter of hours, and we're already here.  Not surprised but I hope they get more stock because I really want the full shebang for this.  What started out as a fun spin-off now feels like one of the biggest Mario releases ever so I wanna get the best version of it.

Digging the Mario Paint icons and functionalities (the Undo dog, rocketship eraser, etc). Even though they're going ahead with SMM, I would still like them to pursue that Mario Paint sequel one day. That used to be one of my favorite SNES titles as a kid.

It's gonna be fun to make "automatic levels" in this game for. I dunno, maybe I'm some sort of lazy person who just loves to see the game play itself. I do it with my amiibo all the time, I just have them fight for 99 minutes and claim the rewards.

Especially in Disney Infinity. I build a Toy Box where I just place a character on a starting point and watch them go..... Typically to their deaths.

So yeah, I'm gonna have a lot of fun doing some experiments with this game.

Mario's renders have been looking better and better since 3D World. <3

Anyway, we got the game on pre-order, and just in time I see! o_o I didn't think it was gonna be so popular...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New trailer. Shows off things such as sound effects, the 100 Mario Challenge, the 10 Mario challenge and amiibo functionality.

OMG SONIC WORKS IN THE GAME, INSTA-BUY.

• Thumbs Up 7

OMG SONIC WORKS IN THE GAME, INSTA-BUY.

Still no sign of those elusive slopes for Sonic to roll down. Sonic physics be damned.

Custom sound effects like recorded voice clips? I can't wait to see the thousands of levels with sexual jokes each time you punch a block.

• Thumbs Up 4

Custom sound effects like recorded voice clips? I can't wait to see the thousands of levels with sexual jokes each time you punch a block.

I'm sure Nintendo will moderate the stages. But then again....

*looks at the Miiverse Stage*

....Maybe not.

• Thumbs Up 7

I NEEEEEEEED THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!

How many montage meme stuff are we gonna have here in these levels!?!?!?!?!?!

"OH BABY TRIPLE!!!"

"DAMN SON WHERE YOU FIND THIS"

"MOM GET THE CAMERA"

"MEWWWWWTOOOOMEWWWWWTOOOO............MY DIIIIIICK!"

"WOMBOCOMBO"

"SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY"

Illuminati stuff, gotta go fastfast, SHREK and shot

Having those visual effects are just waiting to be used for a montage parody type level lol.

So yea......I NEEEEEED THIS GAME......LIKE NOW!

Edit: IIm gonna make a "gotta go fast" type level used with my sonic amiibo. Its gonna be gud.

Edited by jords

Welp, I knew I had to use Silver Mario for SOMETHING, it might as well be this. And I'm guessing that the Super Mario series Mario amiibo (or his Smash Series amiibo) gives Mario his Modern Colors.

Edited by YoshiAngemon