Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

Super epic action shot of the Archer Link and Guardian amiibo:

group1-big.jpg

Man oh man just when I thought I was done with amiibo they have to go and do this to me why Nintendo why

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

There's going to be dungeons, waypoints, and story moments as shown in both the art and the trailer and as stated to us beforehand. You also have the ability to mark where you want to go and to always be aware of your location. So there will be a sense of direction and linearity within the chaos that is this particular open world. I think more pertinent questions are: how many dungeons are there, are there mini-dungeons along the way to bolster the purpose of the exploration, and are dungeons conquerable in any order?

Those things are in Elder Scrolls games as well. I'm talking about having an open world with an actual sense of progression, as opposed to something like Bethsoft games where you're just plonked into an open world where you have immediate access to everything. Like I said, think of something like The Witcher 3 or Fallout New Vegas, versus as opposed to Fallout 3 or Far Cry.

13 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

That is some pretty dumb reasoning they obviously came up with on the spot. I think Female Link/Linkle could be a thing in future games, but not now it seems. 

However, instead of entertaining the idea of the player being able to choose the hero Link's gender, Aonuma said his team considered what they deemed to be the simplest option; making princess Zelda the lead character. "We thought about it," said Aonuma, "and decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character."

This idea was ultimately rejected, because according to Aonuma "...if we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do? Taking into account that, and also the idea of the balance of the Triforce, we thought it best to come back to this [original] makeup.

This is really dumb because I really wanted a game where you could play as Zelda. This doesn't even make any sense. 

At any rate... this game looks fantastic. I love the open world of Red Dead Redemption and this reminds me of that. I would boot that game up to roam around, and I'm thinking that this game will be the same. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Remember when Takamoto said that they didn't make Peach playable in NSMB because they didn't want to animate her dress? Despite what Aonuma says now, I'm sure the possibility still exists for future installments.

• Thumbs Up 5

27 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

To me their reasoning there seems really bad.

Their logic is basically.. "If we do female Link... then we should just make Zelda playable as the main character... but if we make Zelda playable then that hurts Link's role as the main hero... So we'll just keep everything as is."

Seriously? The answer is clear to their problem, just a female Link option fixes any problem of Link's role being over took by anybody else while still giving the player the freedom of choice. They should just admit that they didn't want to do it plus didn't really need any reason behind it, then call it a day. :V

Disappointed over the lack of female Link. But other than that the game looks amazing, man. My sister said she got teary eyed and my hair stood up when the woman in the trailer spoke. Oh man. OH MAN.

Game is near perfect (aside from the aforementioned lack of female Link). Can't wait to play.

So apparently the Zelda demo is gonna get leaked online. Time to get ready to avoid the Internet 

Voice Acting - (Likely your partner in the game) = win

Male Only Link = Win

Good job Nintendo.

With the Korok revealed to be in the game, the Master Sword rusted, my guess is somehow Hyrule has rose from the ocean floor thus the reason the sword has returned in its current state.

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Male Only Link = Win

Good job Nintendo.

Yeah, that's not a sexist comment at all!

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Male Only Link = Win

Good job Nintendo.

The fuck...wow. *slow clap*

3 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Yeah, that's not a sexiest comment at all!

Not at all, the franchise is sticking true to what it has always been, it never affected women before, no reason for it to now. It's gloating rights for winning the debate of the option being in the game or not, not sexism.

(Went over this before)

But yes, as mentioned after that, Koroks are in the game so the timeline placement will revolve Wind Waker, either some time before, or long after.

TIL Zelda has never affected women before, even though I'm a woman who's been affected by the franchise.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Not at all, the franchise is sticking true to what it has always been, it never affected women before, no reason for it to now. It's gloating rights, not sexism.

who says you need to be a woman to want to play as a woman? And you saying you like there is voice acting in this game goes against you respecting them for sticking to roots.

7 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Not at all, the franchise is sticking true to what it has always been

While I want nothing to do with an argument on supposed sexism, that's not the most accurate thing to say about what we've seen so far. They seem to be straying away from what Zelda "has always been", for better or for worse, in terms of gameplay at the least.

There's nothing stopping a potential female Link or even playable Zelda, I guess they'll get around to it eventually with increasing demand.

Regardless, I like what I've seen so far and I'm getting some strong Dragon's Dogma vibes from parts and that's pretty cool, though I'm still concerned with what the NX even is and how it'll control on that before deciding which version to get.

3 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

TIL Zelda has never affected women before, even though I'm a woman who's been affected by the franchise.

I mean negatively over only playing as a male, it was never much of an issue/debate before.

The thing confusing me is that, in Wind Waker the old Hyrule Kingdom was flooded, so how did they manage to raise it from the ocean after the idea was seemingly abandoned?

With the Master Sword in such a rusted state, this couldn't have happened before Wind Waker because it wasn't rusted at that point, thus the belief the salt water did the job over time. (Perhaps the spirit of the king placed it in the shrine eventually? Would that free Ganon...?)

Maybe all of the towers were somehow used to bring Hyrule back to the ocean surface, some heavy tech in this game.

And you don't have to be a woman to want to play as a woman. Not sure how that came out of the conversation... I love me some Bayonetta as I've mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I mean negatively over only playing as a male, it was never much of an issue/debate before.

It probably wasn't an issue before because gamers hadn't yet coalesced into a somewhat hostile community that would die on the hill while doing its damnedest to badly justify why a reincarnated hero can't ever be a woman.

3 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

It probably wasn't an issue before because gamers hadn't yet coalesced into a somewhat hostile community that would die on the hill by doing its damnedest to badly justify why a reincarnated hero can't ever be a woman.

And the rest of my comment, female Link subject aside?

24 minutes ago, I'm Dan said:

So apparently the Zelda demo is gonna get leaked online. Time to get ready to avoid the Internet 

Lol boy that sounds illiegal

3 hours ago, Soniman said:

Lol boy that sounds illiegal

Ooohhhhh someone is going to be in so much absolute hot sh@t...

(Also it was revealed Ganon is in this game, a monk mentions him in a temple)

Aonuma on the possibility of a Skyward Sword HD http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/14/zelda-producer-on-skyward-sword-hd-aits-definitely-possible

Gives me a bit of hope, but I think I'll probably be waiting a while.  What interests me most is him describing Breath of the Wild as "A result of what we wanted to expand and make a better Skyward Sword.  It's like an evolved or expanded version."

I'm starting to get the impression this thing's based a lot earlier than we first thought.

23 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Not at all, the franchise is sticking true to what it has always been

How the hell do you try to make a point of this while seeing how vastly different this game is in other areas?

• Thumbs Up 6

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

How the hell do you try to make a point of this while seeing how vastly different this game is in other areas?

Again, lets focus on more of what I said than that alone please?

Hmm, if I owned a character like Link, I wouldn't want to change things like gender on a whim because a small group of people wanted it. It's unreasonable to get mad over someone else's character. It's like people getting mad because Mario isn't able to change gender who is also a semi-mute iconic character.

• Thumbs Up 1

No female Link is a bummer, and I don't agree with their reasoning for it. I don't think it'll detract me from the game, though. Just a shame.

At least Pokemon gives you the option, eh.

• Thumbs Up 6