Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

1 hour ago, Doctor MK said:

Not surprised by the dual-console release at all. Little bit surprised that the game is coming out "simultaneously" on Wii U and NX though, surely it would make more business sense to prioritise the NX version to get early adopters buying the new console and release the Wii U version a few weeks later, kinda like what they did with Twilight Princess on Wii and Gamecube respectively.

Still, gonna be interesting to finally get a blowout on this title come E3. I just hope it doesn't eat up too much of the presentation, Nintendo really needs to come out swinging this year and one Zelda game ain't gonna cut it.

I don't see how it makes any more or less business sense. People who have the Wi U would much rather buy it on Wii U than buy it on NX most likely. And if they do prefer getting the NX, then they prefer getting the NX version, but the Wii U version being released later isn't going to magically make people WANT to buy the NX version more than the Wii U one.

I think it makes far more sense to release them at the same time. There's no reason to delay one version over the other.

As for the delay in general, I think they literally did have to delay it, because they're developing both versions at the same time. If the NX versions has to be delayed, that would also impact development on the Wii U version.

36 minutes ago, Diamond said:

They better not pull a Twilight Princess with the mirror. 

Twilight Princess was mirrored because of the Wii Remote and most people being right handed. I see no reason why this would be mirrored.

1 hour ago, Athena Cykes said:

Like you need to know how Pokémon plays???

Maybe?

Aside from that there's still Federation Force, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Color Splash.

• Thumbs Up 1

Im left handed...

Forever alone...

Also, i hope they will upgrade the game's graphics in the NX version.

6 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Im left handed...

Forever alone...

Also, i hope they will upgrade the game's graphics in the NX version.

They won't. Too much effort. The graphics will be identical between versions, the difference would be in controls (if there is a new control scheme) or in how well the game plays, but the graphics are going to stay the same.

NX will almost certainly be higher res and have a more stable framerate at least. Probably higher draw distance. Maybe some improved effects. I think textures will be the same, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Aside from that there's still Federation Force and Color Splash.

Ouch, there's a point.  Those games need all the help they can get, especially Federation Force.  I know they've been giving hands-on previews of FF at closed events lately, judging from the various videos that have been coming out of it, but if they can't be bothered to do that for the biggest and best-known gaming exposition, then they've pretty much given up on the game at this point.

Either they genuinely believe that ZUNX is the bees' knees and everyone will collapse in awe at the sight of it, or this is going to be a very small E3 for Nintendo, regardless of what they pack into their digital event.

13 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Ouch, there's a point.  Those games need all the help they can get, especially Federation Force.  I know they've been giving hands-on previews of FF at closed events lately, judging from the various videos that have been coming out of it, but if they can't be bothered to do that for the biggest and best-known gaming exposition, then they've pretty much given up on the game at this point.

Either they genuinely believe that ZUNX is the bees' knees and everyone will collapse in awe at the sight of it, or this is going to be a very small E3 for Nintendo, regardless of what they pack into their digital event.

I definitely think its going to be smaller in general, but Zelda U from what we've seen is a massive game, and its the biggest game they've been touting for years. So its probably a bit of both.

Digital Event will likely reveal the final pre-NX Wii U lineup (at least a couple more games) and show off those new Mobile titles. But there will definitely be a huge Zelda showing, maybe even including a Zelda amiibo lineup. Perhaps there will even be a surprise Zelda title they somehow pulled out of their ass. Or maybe they'll just release the rest of the Zelda lineup on Wii U VC to finish the collection.

hey remember this

yLfsagt.jpg

Knew this would happen. Oh well, if the game turns out better on NX, I'm willing to wait. At least we got new art.

The art doesn't do much, though it might hint that Link's green tunic isn't his main outfit this game after all.

Eh, I'm shrugging, this seems to point to me a little, that they got too ambitious with Zelda U to the point where they kept expanding all the way to the next console. On the upside, that's still a period of nearly 10 months, with only 3(1 first party) announced wii-u games, which means we have 2-5 unannounced games to be revealed at E3. Either they'll be experimental like Captain Toad, or smaller scale, but I still think we're getting those unannounced Retro and Next-Level game projects at the least

1 minute ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Eh, I'm shrugging, this seems to point to me a little, that they got too ambitious with Zelda U to the point where they kept expanding all the way to the next console. On the upside, that's still a period of nearly 10 months, with only 3(1 first party) announced wii-u games, which means we have 2-5 unannounced games to be revealed at E3. Either they'll be experimental like Captain Toad, or smaller scale, but I still think we're getting those unannounced Retro and Next-Level game projects at the least

No offense, but I think you're being delusional. If Retro and Next-Level had games coming out this year for Wii U they'd be playable there. Retro's game will be for NX. Next Level is working on Federation Force and if anything else it'll probably be for NX.

Also, Zelda U is getting an NX for sales not ambition.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Marcello said:

No offense, but I think you're being delusional. If Retro and Next-Level had games coming out this year for Wii U they'd be playable there. Retro's game will be for NX. Next Level is working on Federation Force and if anything else it'll probably be for NX.

Also, Zelda U is getting an NX for sales not ambition.

Yet Paper Mario is coming out, and won't be playable, why didn't they keep that for NX? I'm not saying we're getting a ton of games, I'm just saying we're not completey done with games because even in the slow years we get 3-5 games in the holiday period

If Retro is working on a Wii U game and I owned a hat, I'd eat my hat.

Next Level might, might have something like Mario Smash Football coming, but I doubt it. I'm thinking Paper Mario will be released late in the year and we'll have some e-shop games to pad the schedule out. Maybe Monster Games will release something.

Retro's a shadow of its former self. All the people that worked on the Prime games left to go to Bungie, 343, and Armature studios. I doubt they're going to be working on another Metroid game ever again, as opposed to cheap Donkey Kong games.

Retro tries what they want to do now, and bring in new talent when the old leaves which means you never know what's next, and that's not a bad thing. Also the NX won't be at E3 at all, which means they have to have something Wii-u and 3DS related to bring to the table. Last hurrahs aren't unheard of, look at the sega saturn

35 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

cheap Donkey Kong games.

Let me know when that actually becomes a reality from the output of Retro Studios as opposed to a fever nightmare of a dream.

• Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Retro's a shadow of its former self. All the people that worked on the Prime games left to go to Bungie, 343, and Armature studios. I doubt they're going to be working on another Metroid game ever again, as opposed to cheap Donkey Kong games.

You did not just call the DKC games "Cheap". Those games are amazing and I will not let anybody say anything bad about Tropical Freeze. 

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

You did not just call the DKC games "Cheap". Those games are amazing and I will not let anybody say anything bad about Tropical Freeze. 

Fight me bro.

2 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Fight me bro.

I don't get how they are cheap games if they put a lot of effort into it. They may not be your cup or tea but these are games that they wanted to make and they put a lot of effort into it. Calling them "cheap" just because they didn't want to make another Metroid game is complete and total disrespect just because they wanted to make something else. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

I don't get how they are cheap games if they put a lot of effort into it. They may not be your cup or tea but these are games that they wanted to make and they put a lot of effort into it. Calling them "cheap" just because they didn't want to make another Metroid game is complete and total disrespect just because they wanted to make something else. 

Or they're just bankrupt of all their creative talent, so they're making cheap and unimaginative platformers that are token as hell. Could also be that.

7 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Or they're just bankrupt of all their creative talent, so they're making cheap and unimaginative platformers that are token as hell. Could also be that.

You still haven't even explained how or why you yourself, see them as  "cheap" let alone unimaginative. Seriously, that game didn't praised and hailed on with awards with it came out for being that which you claim it is.

Unless this is simply just a personal vendetta set out to try and shame anything Retro Studios have done in the recent past with arbitrary methods, there's not really any reasonable logic in such a maneuver.

• Thumbs Up 3

As a Metroid fan, Tropical Freeze is much better than most of games. Its a passion project Retro chose to do and it really shows. Retro should be free to do what they want and aren't responsible for Nintendo mishandling Metroid.Leave   them and their games out of it, especially if you clearly know jack shit about them.

• Thumbs Up 4

59 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

You realize that those so-called "cheap" Donkey Kong games (which they WANTED to make) outsold their Metroid games, right? Returns sold over 6m units, and Returns 3D sold almost 2m (it probably would've sold more if it wasn't a port of the original). TF was released in a bad launch window on a console with a bad games lineup BEFORE the biggest games dropped for the console, and still sold over 1m (just not in the same fiscal year).

Both games also received universal praise.