Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

28 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I shed some tears looking at that fucking game man. That's the strongest reaction anything from  this E3 got from me.

Zelda's come so far, and it's finally about to meet it's full potential.

.eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGACDeTbbIIJI1AQj7KgfVXf

Rusted Master Sword is intersting. Does it even still work? Is it any good?

Watch there be a crafting system where you need to farm for like 2 hours rare materials to upgrade the Master Sword.

2 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

So, is no one gonna talk about the potential voice acting? We heard a person speak in the trailer!

We had that with the Triforce Heroes trailer too though. The King and Princess had trailers where they narrated.

1 minute ago, Mogtaki said:

We had that with the Triforce Heroes trailer too though. The King and Princess had trailers where they narrated.

True, but Reggie said this game is breaking a lot of traditional rules

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

True, but Reggie said this game is breaking a lot of traditional rules

We'll see. It'll be neat for Link to speak since they are wanting to do films and such based on their franchises. The discussion is just starting so we'll see :D

Edit: WELL THERE WE GO.

Just now, KHCast said:

VOICE ACTING AND CUSTOMIZABLE LINK!!! GHJAGDJ

AND JUMPING

• Thumbs Up 1

With the rusted master sword i can a rush of joy thinking Fi might be dead

• Thumbs Up 3

As somebody who isn't a Zelda guy I have to say this trailer impressed me. Man when they said that they were going back to their roots with this game they weren't kidding and the addition of voice acting and a jump button(something that always irritated me!) I'm actually going to buy this game.

Color me impressed with Breath of the Wild. As someone who left Nintendo for other platforms I would say this might tempt me to get an NX just for the game's art-style alone.

28 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I think it's very apparent- even without the Master Sword there- that a lot of time has passed in this iteration. The landscape is pristine and pretty damn sparse, populated mainly by animals, a few monsters, and tons of those Death Ray robots we saw in the original teaser which are dormant. Plus, the whole thing with "open your eyes": I think that thematically refers to something in the world itself (Link is carrying an artifact with the Eye of Sheikah after all), while also being Zelda once again telling him to get his lazy ass out of bed. If I were to be optimistic and my fangirl self at the same time, this is probably after Skyward Sword, where basically Hyrule was founded and peace reigned for a really long fucking time. So, no real issues after shoving Demise back out the door, thus no real reason to use the Master Sword.

Peace didn't last after Skyward Sword, and there wasn't ever a point where the Master Sword was in such a sorry state. This has to take place after every other game in the series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Game is shaping up to be really epic looking so far!

I like how there seems to be cooking in this game. Hoping we can do interesting things with it and that it's not to super simple.

And just to be that guy... I hope the voice acting won't be any different overall then other Zelda games. I personally prefer gibberish voice acting or silent story telling myself in games often... especially nowadays where the gibberish style is bit more rare... I do have some exceptions where I prefer full voice acting in some games tho...

Edit: Friend told me the game might have a full narrator however.. that idea I'm actually ok with.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Peace didn't last after Skyward Sword, and there wasn't ever a point where the Master Sword was in such a sorry state. This has to take place after every other game in the series. 

There was indeed a long era of prosperity after Skyward Sword before things really went to shit in The Minish Cap. So this could take place between SS and MC.

Nintendo ended up having the most impressive showing of E3 and it was only of one fucking game. (and another one nobody cares about tbh)

2017 can't come fast enough

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm not really a Zelda fan, but this game looks pretty damn good to be honest.

I'm thinking this takes place after Zelda 2. The Master Sword was in neither.

Also, this looks so fucking amazing.

1 hour ago, Athena Cykes said:

Ck7HRidUUAIzsw1.jpg

Looks nice I guess. It's nice for Nintendo to give the environments some actual interactivity outside of running up to ledges to jump.

I was mulling over the question though, if this game will suffer much of what other modern open world games do of being TOO open ended; to the point where there's no sense of direction, and it's all just aimless wandering around. I'm hoping that they're taking notes from a game like The Witcher 3 for instance.

There's going to be dungeons, waypoints, and story moments as shown in both the art and the trailer and as stated to us beforehand. You also have the ability to mark where you want to go and to always be aware of your location. So there will be a sense of direction and linearity within the chaos that is this particular open world. I think more pertinent questions are: how many dungeons are there, are there mini-dungeons along the way to bolster the purpose of the exploration, and are dungeons conquerable in any order?

Just watching the demo and I'm still trying to compute the sheer scale of this master stroke.  The setting, the design, the voices, the music, even the new jingles, it's just a symphony of the franchise's core.  I know we had to wait for this one (we still are), but I'm damn certain I'll be saying it was worth it as soon as I get my hands of this beauty.

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

Who wants a Zelda line Amiibo? 

Ck7il2aVAAAsbMa.jpg

Ugh. Hopefully it stays at this. Probably won't, though. Damn collectors :-(

36 minutes ago, Sean said:

Nintendo ended up having the most impressive showing of E3 and it was only of one fucking game. (and another one nobody cares about tbh)

2017 can't come fast enough

Speak for your self I fucking loved the look of Sun and Moon

But this, THIS, is everything I could want out of zelda. Please come soon March

• Thumbs Up 1

Female Link deconfirmed.

Earlier this week at E3 2016, GameSpot spoke to Nintendo producer Eiji Aonuma about the upcoming Wii U and NX game, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. During the conversation, which was translated by a Nintendo representative, we asked Aonuma if the rumors of having the option to play as a female version of Link are accurate. He said that he's aware of the conversations happening online, stating: "So yes, there were rumors like that, and we did discuss as a staff as to what would be possible if we took that route."

However, instead of entertaining the idea of the player being able to choose the hero Link's gender, Aonuma said his team considered what they deemed to be the simplest option; making princess Zelda the lead character. "We thought about it," said Aonuma, "and decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character."

This idea was ultimately rejected, because according to Aonuma "...if we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do? Taking into account that, and also the idea of the balance of the Triforce, we thought it best to come back to this [original] makeup."

Aonuma's response implies that Zelda can't be the star of a game if it comes at the cost of Link's identity or involvement, and that when the "simpler" idea for a female hero didn't pan out, the concept was abandoned entirely. While he also mentions the balance of the Triforce as a reason behind their decision--it's not clear how that would negate the possibility of Link being female, rather than male.

That's too bad. Female Link would've been neat.

Also, I disagree with this: "and decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character."