Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

You remind me of Splatoon by a instant. i just keep forget about it. Yet indeed am glad overall they finally released more DLC for others games. but releasing more classic titles on VC or the region locking its my big problem with nintendo a bit. still having a Zelda game as the end of the current generation its not a good idea from a point view since you probably going to put more effort into the next gen project. but NX is probably a next generation of Nintendo portable from my mind. also its probably way harder for them since its going to be the first Zelda game in HD, or probably the plot of the 30th anniversary. but high chances are this.

But the wii u isn't at the end of its generation? The NX is a handheld/console that focuses on offering a mobile market, it's not taking over the wii u in terms of market, just like the new 3ds isn't taking over the original 3ds as a new console replacing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yet i just bring my idea of it, also we do not know if its very a Next Generation of Console we getting or a handheld console. actually at the moment we aren't ending the Wii-U. pretty sure it can stand for 3 4 more years.

Don't see the big fuss in it being delayed and/or not shown at E3. Would rather have it a solid performance overall then them skip out on anything honestly.

Plus I'm preeetty dang sure everyone here has a backlog of 5894025 games anyway, and there's still a handful of interesting Nintendo games to come this year. Not calling anyone out, but just pooping around the internet, it's like every news source on planet earth is calling for the end of days lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

The NX is a handheld/console that focuses on offering a mobile market, it's not taking over the wii u in terms of market, just like the new 3ds isn't taking over the original 3ds as a new console replacing it.

I don't really think the evidence is in favour of either of these being true, but I still don't think NX is anywhere near being a competitor for Zelda U, at any rate.  The one thing I remember is that Zelda U is a game they genuinely thought they would be bringing out in 2015.  If it comes out any later than mid-2016, then frankly I'd be more worried about the development of the game than the Wii U's sales because it would mean that they'd had to delay it for more than half a year, which seems like far too much.  Early-to-mid-2016 seems reasonable if we assume that the delay is genuinely down to inspiration (as they put it) rather than big obstacles.

As for why they don't want to show it at E3, then maybe since it's no longer quite so close on the horizon then Nintendo don't feel it's important to show it off so much, since it won't be relevant for such a long time.  It wouldn't be the first Wii U game they've announced a long time before we heard anything more from it (Yoshi's Woolly World, SMTxFE).

The open world may be challenging for them; how do you place open world NPCs and other lifeforms in ways that don't make the experience of exploring to be jarring? 

I am sure there are ways to keep many areas off limits , but there will end up in the completed game being a specific pacing between maybe an earlier part of the game where there are some limits to where you go and what dialogue and events can't be missed, and, afterwards where there is some path branching. 

In considering it, i think they are trying to make sure this game is hands down a stronger work than Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. it isn't that there is anything specifically wrong with these games... but, that in some ways Wind Waker was the most recent classic in the series, those two are like postmodern explorations of what Legend of Zelda could be. 

I think we should have seen this coming at the footage show during the VGX anyway. Did it look close to finished in any way? I certainly think it didn't.

This attitude pisses me off, you've got your MK8 and Smash U yet apparently it's bad and doom and gloom for Nintendo because "Zelda delayed" it's like you're saying Zelda is the only franchise carrying the company, Nintendos market is pretty niche in terms of audience, people buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo IPs,and with that alone DK,Bayonetta,3D world,HW,Yoshi and of course Smash and MK8 are by rights system sellers to begin with, just because they delayed Zelda it's apparently "Nintendoom" all over again.

Give the company a fucking break and have faith that Smash,MK8,Splatoon and Xenoblade X will carry the system well enough this year before we start calling stupid shit like "it's looking bad,The wii u will be dust before Zelda is even on the horizon."

Christ.

If Mario couldn't fare well financially I doubt Zelda will either.

I'm not getting up in arms about anything, you're the one who worded your post poorly and painted "doom and gloom for Nintendo" because of a delay :U

It was also a kneejerk reaction and I calmed majorly on the subject a few posts later. :v

But yeah, my views on Wii U's financial success and critical success are on completely different planes. This gen for them seems like it may be leading up to some of the best games they've made in over a decade, and the console is great imo, but MK8 and Smash barely saved the Wii U's life by the skin of it's teeth and Zelda's probably only gonna do just as well, if not veryyyyy slightly better. 

The lack of anything that massive up until then is gonna leave people seeing the console as a ghost town even though it's not (what with Splatoon, Yoshi, and X and all). Not a really good image whenever they spent all of last year strutting around with the whole "guess what guys? WE'RE STILL THE SHIT, CHECK OUT ZELDA AND STARFOX AND", and then suddenly silence and nothing new at E3 this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

How is a tone like this--

This attitude pisses me off....

Give the company a fucking break and have faith that Smash,MK8,Splatoon and Xenoblade X will carry the system well enough this year before we start calling stupid shit like "it's looking bad,The wii u will be dust before Zelda is even on the horizon."

Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's better than how PS4/XONE is being handled right now, swimming in definitive editions and remakes to make up the market's lack of titles, despite the consoles pushing 2 years old this Autumn, I've had my XONE for 6 months or so and the only games I have for it are Sunset Overdrive and Far Cry 4, the latter being a cross-gen title. I look at my Wii U and it started out rough, but now there's more than enough games steadily streaming out consistent quality over all despite Nintendo lacking in third party content, their first party IP's have been rocking the scene amazingly.

If you think the Wii U will pick up financially by a lot when Zelda comes out, you're honestly expecting too much because there's been more than enough reason to invest in a Wii U for a long time now, despite it drowning sales wise (apparently) it's thriving content wise whilst Sony and Microsoft's flag ship consoles are flailing around waiting for something worthy to come along and justify the purchase.

Overall if you ask me, current gen has been a massive let down all over, not just Nintendo, but from the 3 I'd still choose Nintendo coming out on top.

It's not like Zelda is being cancelled though, so reserve your "Nintendoomed" mind sets and just take a deep breath, it's hardly the first Nintendo title to be delayed.

How is a tone like this--

-- Not getting up in arms? xP

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly never thought it was fair to compare the Wii U to the PS4/XO because of the time advantage the Wii U has on them. The Wii U wasn't looking very good for a while either. It took time to build up the first party line to this point, and it's still embarrassingly lacking compared to it's competitors if you look at third party stuff. 

Also, it's not like the PS4 and XO are in trouble or anything. Despite apparantly having less content the PS4 is pretty much murdering the competition. XO isn't doing bad either.

I agree on 8th gen being pretty disappointing on most fronts though. Seems like most of the problems of 7th gen are back and they've only gotten worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

No one said Nintendo is going to die from this delay and no one is denying the strength of the first-party line-up when compared to the competition. The implication is that such a long delay of one of Nintendo's big top three franchises won't be good for the overall console's performance in the long run. I don't know exactly why this is particularly contentious. Of course, we can argue whether or not the console itself will be dead in the water by the time Zelda U comes out, but I don't see why such a possibility is so out of the question as to be worthy of such vitriol either considering how much it's been flailing along in the first place.

We don't even know if it's a long wait till it releases though, that's just you assuming so. It could only be a couple of months for Q12016 or it could be as late as Q32016.

Talking about how dead the Wii U is going to be is honestly taxing since it happens so much whenever something like this happens, it might as well be it's own cycle.

We can just agree that nothing is particularly great in the current gen line up right now, save from a select few games.

I'm done though I'm not going to argue about the Wii U's fate since I'm enjoying the console and the output it's getting whilst it lasts.

Also I'm not going to argue with someone when I can barely understand half of your posts without looking up a dictionary to find out what your big words mean.

Also I'm not going to argue with someone when I can barely understand half of your posts without looking up a dictionary to find out what your big words mean.

Are you fucking serious? Look, Soniko, you're a friend but your passive aggressiveness is getting to be pretty fucking obnoxious. Knock it off.

I'm not being passive aggressive, I mean it, I feel stupid that I can't understand half of her posts?

Get off my case you're no longer a mod.

I probably could have worded it better, I'm sorry about that.

PS4 is only selling so much because of hype and you know it. =P

Anyway, Wii U's first year was pretty damn decent; we got Rayman Legends (WAY too late btw), Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World. It wasn't much and of course the third party selection was lacking, but it was still decent! After all, how many first party exclusive games are there on PS4/XONE?

• Thumbs Up 1

PS4 is only selling so much because of hype and you know it. =P

Well, whatever works works. It's not like the original Wii had a lot of amazing games when it started selling like crazy either, right? :P

Anyway, Wii U's first year was pretty damn decent; we got Rayman Legends (WAY too late btw), Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World.

I didn't really consider it a decent year just because both Rayman Legends and Pikmin 3 suffered from insane delays, and Rayman Legends didn't even stay exclusive to begin with. Wind Waker HD was pretty neat but kind of lazy considering how much they were asking for it. ($60? wtf). 3D World was fucking awesome though, no denying that. 

I'm still pissed off with how they handled Rayman Legends.

Even with a 7 month delay we got nothing in terms of "making up for the delay for no reason"

To be fair, I wasn't really arguing with you. I was trying to understand why what Azoo said was so controversial. I don't really have it in me to argue a lot over the finer details of electronic boxes.

Also, guys, please, let's not argue about this. Tone it down and bring it back. Again, electronic boxes. :x

Well, whatever works works. It's not like the original Wii had a lot of amazing games when it started selling like crazy either, right? :P

Oh right, that's true. That old I Hate This Wii parody song springs to mind, especially the lines "Nintendo Wiis are selling like crack/but it looks like a cheap PS2 dressed up like a Mac." XP

But then we did get the videogame masterpiece that is Super Mario Galaxy in late 2007 and all was well. <3

While it's true the delay isn't a good thing for business, I still don't think it's that much of a blow considering 1) the U isn't hugely successful anyway and 2) Zelda probably won't even help it that much no matter when it comes out. I love Zelda (and the U for that matter), but I don't really expect it to be that hype.

That being said, I don't think the console is doing so bad that it'll die before the game's out? I don't care at all about sales discussion, even with stuff I like, so I don't really know how it's doing, but I had gathered that, post-Sm4sh/MK8, things were (relatively) okay.

It was also a kneejerk reaction and I calmed majorly on the subject a few posts later. :v

But yeah, my views on Wii U's financial success and critical success are on completely different planes. This gen for them seems like it may be leading up to some of the best games they've made in over a decade, and the console is great imo, but MK8 and Smash barely saved the Wii U's life by the skin of it's teeth and Zelda's probably only gonna do just as well, if not veryyyyy slightly better. 

The lack of anything that massive up until then is gonna leave people seeing the console as a ghost town even though it's not (what with Splatoon, Yoshi, and X and all). Not a really good image whenever they spent all of last year strutting around with the whole "guess what guys? WE'RE STILL THE SHIT, CHECK OUT ZELDA AND STARFOX AND", and then suddenly silence and nothing new at E3 this year.

I think you're overestimating Zelda's performance. Mario Kart and Smash Bros. have been Nintendo's biggest money makers for years, and Zelda doesn't even come close to matching the numbers Mario pulls in. The only thing you can do right now be happy games are coming out that you like, because we're not going to see blockbuster numbers ever. Not those are needed to make a profit.

• Thumbs Up 2