Awoo.

TERRIBAD!

Terribad? tongue.png

WijviyU.png

*ahem* Anyway, I think I'll update my status on this show. I'm not sure what story arc I'm on, because frankly, at this point I don't care all that much. I'll just say I'm at the part where Nami is sick and they gotta get her to the witch. And I think I'm close to the end of that story. I recently finished watching episode 82, where Luffy is dragging along Nami and Sanji. (By the way, should I spoiler this stuff? I know I'm probably the only on reading this topic that's this early but it's still relatively far in the series. Kinda.)

Now, from what I noticed this witch has Chopper. And I've heard of Chopper before and seen merch and he looks nothing like what he does now. If I'm to guess, he has the ability to transform? If that's the case, then this should be interesting. As for other characters, I really like Vivi, even though she is going to be a temporary character. She's a strong character who I feel could really get her own story arc with the history of Alabasta. Perhaps this happens in future episodes? Eh, only time will tell, I guess.

And as far as the story goes, I'm really enjoying it. They are definitely doing a great job with the villains and the adventures that take place in the Grand Line. But one thing's got me wondering. If the One Piece is supposedly in the Grand Line, and they are already there, considering how many episodes there are I assume it won't be there and they'll have to explore other parts of the ocean? Or I'm guessing they're going to be too weak and retreat? I'm actually very curious at this point because it almost feels as if the series could just end within the next season, but that's not the case. This show always manages to surprise me, so I'm sure they'll have a good twist coming up or something.

Dragon Dream? That was also on GBA.

Actually, Dragon's Dream is a sequel/remake of Ocean's Dream. Go figure. 

*ahem* Anyway, I think I'll update my status on this show. I'm not sure what story arc I'm on, because frankly, at this point I don't care all that much. I'll just say I'm at the part where Nami is sick and they gotta get her to the witch. And I think I'm close to the end of that story. I recently finished watching episode 82, where Luffy is dragging along Nami and Sanji. (By the way, should I spoiler this stuff? I know I'm probably the only on reading this topic that's this early but it's still relatively far in the series. Kinda.)

You're fine spoiling it. Those episodes are from so many years back that spoilers are null. XD 

Now, from what I noticed this witch has Chopper. And I've heard of Chopper before and seen merch and he looks nothing like what he does now. If I'm to guess, he has the ability to transform? If that's the case, then this should be interesting. As for other characters, I really like Vivi, even though she is going to be a temporary character. She's a strong character who I feel could really get her own story arc with the history of Alabasta. Perhaps this happens in future episodes? Eh, only time will tell, I guess.

Yeah, Chopper really changed to be cuter as time went on, to the point where he is the secondary mascot for One Piece.

Vivi is a great character and I really feel you're gonna love her even more once you get to Alabasta.

And as far as the story goes, I'm really enjoying it. They are definitely doing a great job with the villains and the adventures that take place in the Grand Line. But one thing's got me wondering. If the One Piece is supposedly in the Grand Line, and they are already there, considering how many episodes there are I assume it won't be there and they'll have to explore other parts of the ocean? Or I'm guessing they're going to be too weak and retreat? I'm actually very curious at this point because it almost feels as if the series could just end within the next season, but that's not the case. This show always manages to surprise me, so I'm sure they'll have a good twist coming up or something.

The grand line is just that big. Their goal is to get to Raftel on the other side of it. Though there are a lot of plot twists that're gonna just make you say, "that's how the journey is going to go?"

I really suggest you guys who are caught up listen to these folks. They're easily one of the best podcasts around and share a lot of insight into the translation and creation of One Piece. (There's no real continuity, so you can just ignore the former episodes if you want, but I'll provide links at the bottom of this post.)

One Piece Podcast: Episode 324, “Doflamingo and His Schmucks”

https://soundcloud.com/onepiecepodcast/episode-324-doflamingo-and-his-schmucks

On this week’s episode of The One Piece Podcast, we have Zach and Steve hosting with very special guest Stephen Paul (translator for One Piece in Weekly Shonen Jump). We have the grand return of the manga with Chapter 750, “Flashpoints,” an Anime Recap of Episode 650, and a Toonami Recap of Episode 259, and a lot of Piece Together!

This week’s episode of The One Piece Podcast is sponsored by Kolektakon, your source for One Piece x Megahouse merchandise!

0:00:00 Introduction
0:07:33 Manga Recap: Chapter 750
0:59:35 Today’s Sponsor: Kolektakon
1:01:25 Toonami Recap: Episode 259
1:09:15 Anime Recap: Episode 650
1:20:07 Piece Together
1:55:43 To Be Continued

Check us out at Anime Expo:

7/4 @ 2:00pm PT: Cosplay Meet-up
7/4 @ 4:30pm PT: Shonen Jump presents: One Piece (LP1)
7/4 @ 7:30pm PT: The One Piece Podcast Panel (LP4)
7/5 @ 9:30am PT: The One Piece Podcast Goes to Japan (Videos 3)

We’ll see you next week for an all new Manga Recap, all new Anime Recap, and all new Toonami Recap. Until then, and as always, we are MAJI!

The beginning of Dressrosa "The 700 Club"http://onepiecepodcast.com/2013/03/05/episode-258-the-700-club/

The latest episode was great but I wish they hadn't cut the part where Barto actually cuts off the guy's tongue. The manga did a great job at showing how brutal he actually is, despite mostly being a comedy character, and I feel like the anime has changed that to "kind of a dick."

I'm mostly just nitpicking though

The latest episode was great but I wish they hadn't cut the part where Barto actually cuts off the guy's tongue. The manga did a great job at showing how brutal he actually is, despite mostly being a comedy character, and I feel like the anime has changed that to "kind of a dick."

I'm mostly just nitpicking though

I understand where you are coming from. The show has a hard time getting away with more extreme violence due to it's timeslot. (It used to be at primetime, but now is on Sunday mornings.) There have been many instances where this show couldn't get away with things that were ok in the past. Toei has been especially guilty of this recently with shows like Toriko (where they pretty much cut out all semblance of blood and sharp wounds), and that's probably due to them wanting to sell their shows overseas without expensive editing getting in the way. 

P.S How long have you been caught up?

Barto cut off a guy's tongue? Didn't remember that in the manga. I was interested in the guy at first, but I didn't like his fanboy obsession with the Straw Hat crew after. I lost respect for him when he showed those feelings, after all the random stuff he did like peeing during the competition like he DGAF and that he apparently runs a mob organization over several islands. Ah well, not every character can't be totally serious in the world on One Piece.

But yeah, the anime did tone some things down compared to the manga. Some things that came to mind were the change of Whitebeard's insignia and the depiction of G5 wanting to burn the pirates alive being cut.

And as for my thoughts on the recent chapter...

Nothing significant has happened. Sabo just showing off his skills with his new flame powers (taking out a Vice Admiral with no effort) and Luffy being led to an obvious trap with a cliffhanger showing Doflamingo. Felt mostly filler, so I hope some exciting shit happens with Luffy and Doflamingo.

Barto cut off a guy's tongue? Didn't remember that in the manga. I was interested in the guy at first, but I didn't like his fanboy obsession with the Straw Hat crew after. I lost respect for him when he showed those feelings, after all the random stuff he did like peeing during the competition like he DGAF and that he apparently runs a mob organization over several islands. Ah well, not every character can't be totally serious in the world on One Piece.

But yeah, the anime did tone some things down compared to the manga. Some things that came to mind were the change of Whitebeard's insignia and the depiction of G5 wanting to burn the pirates alive being cut.

And as for my thoughts on the recent chapter...

Nothing significant has happened. Sabo just showing off his skills with his new flame powers (taking out a Vice Admiral with no effort) and Luffy being led to an obvious trap with a cliffhanger showing Doflamingo. Felt mostly filler, so I hope some exciting shit happens with Luffy and Doflamingo.

That's supposed to be the joke I suppose. Barto is this violent punk who is absolutely ruthless with his enemies and a jerk to the whole world, but has his silly side with his love for the strawhats because to him, they are rebels who have no ties with the outside world. While it is a joke, he has a real respect for Luffy and definitely has taken a shine to his ideals:

Such as when he saved Bellamy from Dellinger because he believed that by fighting, they were mates now.

Actually, both the anime and manga did that. Oda changed it in the manga because his editors told him to. Fun fact. The burning part was censored though.

... I guess. >.> I just can't help but feel super mega awkward when Barto shows his "goofy" side in recent chapters.

And that's quite interesting about that change. In a work filled with religious symbols, government conspiracy, and death a symbol that mostly resembles the Nazi swastika would push some people's buttons too much. I know that it was supposed to be the symbol for the Buddhism (and Oda probably thought his audience would probably be from Eastern countries and would understand the difference) but of course the West would take great offense to any work that might seem to honor anything to do with Nazis.

The change doesn't bother me at all though.

... I guess. >.> I just can't help but feel super mega awkward when Barto shows his "goofy" side in recent chapters.

And that's quite interesting about that change. In a work filled with religious symbols, government conspiracy, and death a symbol that mostly resembles the Nazi swastika would push some people's buttons too much. I know that it was supposed to be the symbol for the Buddhism (and Oda probably thought his audience would probably be from Eastern countries and would understand the difference) but of course the West would take great offense to any work that might seem to honor anything to do with Nazis.

The change doesn't bother me at all though.

When you think of it, it's probably because Oda never intended Whitebeard to be a villain. He wanted him to be a good and respected character from the beginning, which would have made his symbol offensive to the unlearned eyes than if Whitebeard had been a villain. 

Episode 651 Preview "I’ll protect her until the very end! Rebecca and the Toy Soldier":

w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=JrOeR1eoNaY

• Screenplay: 「菅良幸」 Yoshiyuki Suga
  •  Storyboard: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa
  • Episode director: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa
  • Animation director: 「横山健次」 Kenji Yokoyama
  • Art: 「吉池隆司」 Ryūji Yoshiike

Those names alone make this episode sound promising. 

Chapter 751: 

Sabo vs. Admiral Fujitora

New Cover Story:

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:Chapter_751.png

Summary:

Bastille warns his men to back off as he faces Sabo, who's current skills are more than a match for the marines and the Vice-Admiral. Issho provided support by calling down an meteorite but forgot about the birdcage and the resulting damage was wider than expected. Sabo then walks out of the fire, clearly defeated Bastille and ready to fight Issho.

At the palace hills, Luffy is still riding Ucy towards the palace but was dejected to see that the rest of the colosseum fighters are ahead of him in the race to fight Doflamingo. After getting some support from the Funk Brothers, Luffy and Ucy entered a cave that's a shortcut provided by the aforementioned brothers. while inside Law warns Luffy that facing Doflamingo while he is handcuffed will be suicide but a call from Robin solves that issue as she is sending Leo to deliver the cuff keys to them. After the call, the two captains find themselves in a dead end and surprised to see Doflamingo waiting for them there.

My thoughts:

Honestly, this chapter doesn't feel like it accomplished much aside from getting Luffy and Law into another trap, and the characters didn't really have the fun interactions they had from before. However, it was cool to see Sabo kick Bastille down a notch with the flame powers. It's also interesting to note his dragon-claw technique, which I'm sure I know where he got those moves from. I'm interested in seeing how the fight between him and Fujitora will play out seeing as how Fujitora's meteor attack is too dangerous to use in the middle of Dressrosa. Part of me is hoping he does lose though, or ends it in a tie, because I don't want Fujitora to be undermined so soon when he still has that reverie to deal with.

I must give Oda a lot of credit on his two page spreads. If there is anything he does flawlessly; it's those spreads with the insane amount of detail in them. The page with the meteor is beautiful to look at. You can see the craters on the rock, and the sheer destruction as buildings are ravaged looks simply beautiful. I doubt the anime will have the budget to make this impressive.

My big faults with this chapter is that very little is happening, and that leaves little room for inexpensive expansion. I do not look forward to this chapter being animated.

Final Thoughts:

Cool beans; or cool chili beans.

Here's the final boss of the colliseum mode for Unlimited World Red:

w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=25Um_9CGRiM

They must've set this to easy, because these patterns are far too predictable. 

Here is some extra footage of the Colosseum mode for the Wii U. It isn't just in the Corrida Colosseum and takes place in multiple battlegrounds, which I suppose is for there to be variety. 

ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=viIkfqKpjog#t=189

And here is footage of the 3DS storymode. What I often have a hard time dealing with these One Piece games is that it always it just, "let's fight these clones of enemies from our past, and one unique villain." Would it kill these people to actually design a whole, completely original story with original characters? Yes, the games sell when you have the cast of canon characters, but you don't need canon characters to make a great game. Ah well. I must say though, the main villain looks very cool.

ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=C0dM3LShhdo

Japanese Weekly Shônen Jump magazine’s issue #29 revealed more information on the upcoming summer event and unique live-action One Piece show, the One Piece Premier Show — viewable only at Ôsaka’s Universal Studios Japan.

The advertisement for the 2014 version of the One Piece Premier Show reveals that besides the usual Straw Hat crew, Trafalgar Law, Eustass Kid and new Marine Admiral Fujitora will be playing an important role in this year’s show.

While Kid and Law and the post-time skip Straw Hats have already appeared before in past shows, it will be the first time that Admiral Fujitora appears in this live-action adaptation.

According to the official Universal Studios Japan website, the show will be held 72 times over the period of July 4 to Sept. 30, and visitors will be able to see a real-life version of Luffy’s new moves, such as the “Gum Gum Grizzly Magnum,” the attack used against Caesar Clown during the Punk Hazard Arc.

In the show, the Straw Hat Pirates, who formed a pirate alliance with Trafalgar Law are heading for Dressrosa when they arrive at the “Madatascar Island.” On the island, an association called the “DX (Deluxe) Marines” have taken over the island in the name of “absolute justice” and are tormenting the Island’s inhabitants. The official site says,

Keep in mind that in order to see this show, it is necessary to reserve your tickets in advance!

I have heard very good things about this show. The actors are very good, and the costumes aren't half bad either. I wish I could see it.

I've been interested about trying One Piece World Red, but what's it about? Like, does it follow the series' plot, or have some weak original plotline? Is it long? Is the gameplay good?

I don't have very good experience with anime games, so I really want to wait for reviews before buying Red, I just don't know where the reviews are x-x

I've been interested about trying One Piece World Red, but what's it about? Like, does it follow the series' plot, or have some weak original plotline? Is it long? Is the gameplay good?

I don't have very good experience with anime games, so I really want to wait for reviews before buying Red, I just don't know where the reviews are x-x

A guy from Impel Down escaped when Blackbeard let out the prisoners from Level 6 and he is the main villain of the game. He uses clones of former One Piece villains to try and gain power. Yeah, it's just another excuse to get the whole cast of One Piece's past into an ensemble. That's how most anime video games are, even with unique storylines, it's usually just some excuse to get everyone together. 

Don't expect stellar reviews above 7 from any major sites. One Piece World Red is looking to be a fun game in it's own right for sure if it shares elements from former One Piece Unlimited games. It's based a lot on crafting and fun combat that's good for the time you'll have it. 

Whoo. Forgot how good 3DS games could look. Doesn't even look like one in the PS3 shots.

The game's coming out in less than two weeks. Can't wait to try this for myself

Here is an E3 interview about Unlimited World Red

...and some Sword Art. *hurk*

Edit: In light of a malware issue I'm just desynching this link. Let me explain what the video talks about.

It's nothing too special, just talking about the extra modes, and how One Piece is one of the most popular series in Japan. They did point out that Unlimited World Red is coming to the 360, which I didn't know about until now.

It is? Huh, that's new. Definitely wasn't announced for 360 when the ports and Western releases were announced.

Episode 651 ''Always Protect! Rebecca and the Toy Soldier''
Chapters Covered: 721
New Characters: Scarlet
Episode Director: Toshinori Fukazawa (***1/2)
Animation Director: Kenji Yokoyama (***)

Time: 8:30PM EST
Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece

crying-waterfalls.gif

My thoughts:

To say this episode is good, is an understatement. This is a true example of why this arc works for the one chapter pacing. The material was just all there; enough for expanded scenes to really add meat to the story, but jumps around just enough for it all not to seem all slow and monotonous. The director for this episode is actually a first timer with One Piece who has only done one episode before this. There is huge promise with this man. 

You really feel Soldier's plight with taking care of Rebecca and how much he feels for her. The little bonding moments the anime adds, just warmed me up like a fireplace. You just want the best for the two of them, even though you know something goes horribly wrong. The sheer emotional pain you know he feels when he comments about how cold she must be and how he can not feel it thanks to his tin body just throws a wrench into your body. And when Rebecca just offers him her hand, I just let out a little gasp. I don't cry very hard at sad stuff, but this episode actually managed to make me tear up for a bit. 

The music direction was fantastic. There was so little of it, but it all felt appropriately placed for each scene, such as how the episode started with the slow track, "Ocean's Dream" instead of the standard episode opener. 

The animation was alright for what the episode desired, but the true beauty was in the backgrounds. The last episode this director did, there was a wonderful focus on backgrounds, and it really works for these emotional moments that don't need a huge emphasis on action and such. So it was perfect for me.

Final thoughts:

Beautiful. I'm gonna go and cry now. 

“One Piece” will be receiving a new change of management, according to a note by creator Eiichiro Oda in this week’s issue of Weekly Shonen Jump.

Manga editor Takeru Isaka and media editor Kouhei Ōnishi will be replaced by newcomer Sugita and former “One Piece” editor Kawashima for the One Piece Media .

Sugita is the manga’s eighth editor in its 17-year history.

For more “One Piece” news and information as soon as it releases, be sure to follow the One Piece Podcast on Twitter!

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/06/29/eiichiro-oda-announces-new-one-piece-editors/

This is actually a big deal. Editors have a lot of power over what happens in a manga, what gets left in or cut out, so it's interesting to see how the manga proceeds with this new editor at the reins.

Amazon has added the 74th “One Piece” volume and the 11th volume of the Omnibus Edition (volumes 31-32-33 of the Skypiea arc) to its website, unveiling the release dates for the respective volumes. Volume 74 will be arriving in North America on May 5, 2015, while the 11th Omnibus volume will set sail Feb. 3, 2015.

Chapters to be included in the 74th volume:

• 732 – An Underground World
    • 733 – What the Soldier Wants
    • 734 – The Slicing Winds of Rommel
    • 735 – Fujitora’s Plan
    • 736 – Supreme Officer Diamante
    • 737 – Officer’s Tower
    • 738 – Trebol Army Special Officer Sugar
    • 739 – Captain
    • 740 – It’s in Your Hands!!!
    • 741 – Usoland the Liar
    • 742 – Ever at Your Side

Other upcoming manga releases:

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/06/30/north-american-release-dates-for-one-piece-vol-74-omnibus-vol-11-announced/