Awoo.

Well, yeah I'm aware of that. But sometimes when something isn't produced in a HD resolution, the picture won't make a big difference on Blu-Ray unless it's a remastered version. 

Regarding One Piece, all episodes 207+ are HD plus every movie is to, of course. Even with a simple upscale, you will get a much cleaner picture and sound with the earlier episodes. Take Funimation's FLCL release as an example.

Also Toei has not released the earlier movies in Blu-ray format either, so no one else is allowed to do it either,

Regarding One Piece, all episodes 207+ are HD plus every movie is to, of course. Even with a simple upscale, you will get a much cleaner picture and sound with the earlier episodes. Take Funimation's FLCL release as an example.

Also Toei has not released the earlier movies in Blu-ray format either, so no one else is allowed to do it either,

Not true. France at least has them on Blu-Ray.

http://anime.kaze.fr/produit/one_piece_pack_3_films_n_1_br

The fuck then?

Well, I guess Manga UK is just lazy then :(. I'm still gonna import them, but I won't be satisfied about it.

Toei is fine with Blu rays of the movies. It's the series they're anal about. 

So basically Manga Entertainment is just feeling lazy with the movie licenses? They have movies 10 and 8 on Blu-ray and the French release obviously has a Blu-ray offering. Sigh

Wish Funimation would show interest in the older movies. Making me import a One Piece release.

Don't watch the old movies. Only 6 and 4 are worth it.........

Only 6 is worth it.

I just noticed your avatar Waffle; are you at Punk Hazard right now? 

Also, so as to not make this post pointless, I give you guys a reccomendation. You should all check out the Unofficial One Piece Podcasthttp://onepiecepodcast.com/

For anyone who watches the anime or is caught up to the manga, they are the best group to watch for this amazing commentary and behind the scenes information. They really take you indepth into the story and the events around it. 

I'll occasionally post their episodes here; check them out in the descriptions and give them a listen if you ever have the time, they're loads of fun, and they organize their segments so well, you don't need to watch it all at once. 

I just noticed your avatar Waffle; are you at Punk Hazard right now? 

Oh you bet. Really enjoying myself right now. I thought the pacing was starting to get to me by Fishman Island, but Punk Hazard feels more appropriately paced somehow.

Also Law is amazing. 

Oh you bet. Really enjoying myself right now. I thought the pacing was starting to get to me by Fishman Island, but Punk Hazard feels more appropriately paced somehow.

Also Law is amazing. 

Yeah, Punk Hazard is where it gets fun again. The characters all get thrown in this chaotic mess, and the villain is an absolute treat. 

He's played by Freeza too; where can you go wrong with that?

Yeah, Punk Hazard is where it gets fun again. The characters all get thrown in this chaotic mess, and the villain is an absolute treat. 

He's played by Freeza too; where can you go wrong with that?

Yup. Plus adorable winter outfits for everybody. Fishman Island was such a chore, a fun arc like this is really refreshing.

Never saw Dragon Ball in JP, wouldn't surprise me though, both are pretty camp tongue.png

ALSO WHEN DO WE GET HERE

4OtsBVC.jpg

Need some SogeGod in my veins

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup. Plus adorable winter outfits for everybody. Fishman Island was such a chore, a fun arc like this is really refreshing.

Never saw Dragon Ball in JP, wouldn't surprise me though, both are pretty camp tongue.png

ALSO WHEN DO WE GET HERE

4OtsBVC.jpg

Need some SogeGod in my veins

Uh oh, someone skipped ahead. tongue.png

Heh, that doesn't come for a long while. The anime probably won't play it until the fall. (You should put that in spoilers since it's manga spoilers.) 

Uh oh, someone skipped ahead. tongue.png

Heh, that doesn't come for a long while. The anime probably won't play it until the fall. (You should put that in spoilers since it's manga spoilers.) 

Nah, I just saw it on tumblr. I don't really read the manga, this looks amazing though. I'll be all caught up by fall though w00t

Is it really spoilers? It's just one panel, hell I don't even know the context, just looks cool. But yeah I'll oblige.

Nah, I just saw it on tumblr. I don't really read the manga, this looks amazing though. I'll be all caught up by fall though w00t

Is it really spoilers? It's just one panel, hell I don't even know the context, just looks cool. But yeah I'll oblige.

It has the name of some important characters being involved, so that's really the only spoiler. But trust me, if you are like most One Piece fans who saw this part, you'll start off angry; then you will be relieved; then you'll be flaberga-STED!!!!

So be prepared! 

It has the name of some important characters being involved, so that's really the only spoiler. But trust me, if you are like most One Piece fans who saw this part, you'll start off angry; then you will be relieved; then you'll be flaberga-STED!!!!

So be prepared! 

Man I really hope to be spectacled during this part. Usopp is my favorite character, with the best character development. It really helps that Oda made his design less wimpy/unattractive as time went on and into the New World. I mean, he started out like this:

3707858_640px.jpg?1347726987

• Thumbs Up 1

The Weekly Shônen Jump manga series Toriko, written and drawn by manga artistMitsutoshi Shimabukuro, had a double release on June 4, 2014. Besides the usual manga volume — volume 30 — compiling the latest chapters of the manga series itself, an official fanbook “volume 29.5″ was also released on the same day containing:

- Character files on all the characters that have appeared in the manga

- a Gourmet World timeline and map

- overviews of certain key storylines

as well as a report (with pictures) on Shimabukuro’s own work environment, and much more.

One part of the book, however, is dedicated to drawings made by other famous manga artists, created in ths spirit of the the Toriko series. Among those are none other than legendary manga artists Akira Toriyama, who actually submitted TWO drawings), author of popular series Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto, One Piece creator and old friend of Shimabukuro, Eiichirô Oda and many others.

The drawing that Oda drew for this occasion is a so-called “Meat Rose“. Oda describes this (most likely) particularly fattening plant (?) as follows:

IMG_3137-174x300.jpg

Wow, that made me hungry.

I haven't seen One Piece in a long while, although I'm watching it again through Funimation. I kinda dropped off from the anime during the Thriller Bark arc and in the manga, right AT a New World. Seen the first 9 movies. The only movies I actually really liked out of those were the 4th and 6th movie.

I haven't seen One Piece in a long while, although I'm watching it again through Funimation. I kinda dropped off from the anime during the Thriller Bark arc and in the manga, right AT a New World. Seen the first 9 movies. The only movies I actually really liked out of those were the 4th and 6th movie.

Check out the 10th and 11th. They are huge improvements over the other 7, both written by Oda himself. 10 is a good movie to just casually watch without really knowing too much of the lore of One Piece, and 11 is fantastic all the way, but requires a lot of knowledge of One Piece. Movie 10 is available on DVD right now too!

$21 on Rightstuff is a steal for the quality of the movie. http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/-X2sG0zQ5B634KNCIJ/browse/item/99270/4/0/0

Also, that seems to have been the trend for people to drop the manga during the New World. Fishman Island just does that to people. I sort of stopped after

Ace died

and just let the manga go for a few years. It's like I telepathically knew FI would blow. 

Toei actually did release all of them on Blu-ray about 4-5 years ago IIRC. I'm not sure why Manga Entertainment decided to license all of those movies since FUNimation said they intended to go back and eventually dub as much as they can. An ideal method would be to do what they did with Detective Conan/Case Closed and release them all in bulk for a couple months. tongue.png

Oh, by the way, a new opening =/= a new season. Sometimes it can be pretty random, but lately Toei has been trying to make openings coincide with each new arc.

Check out the 10th and 11th. They are huge improvements over the other 7, both written by Oda himself. 10 is a good movie to just casually watch without really knowing too much of the lore of One Piece, and 11 is fantastic all the way, but requires a lot of knowledge of One Piece. Movie 10 is available on DVD right now too!

$21 on Rightstuff is a steal for the quality of the movie. http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/-X2sG0zQ5B634KNCIJ/browse/item/99270/4/0/0

Also, that seems to have been the trend for people to drop the manga during the New World. Fishman Island just does that to people. I sort of stopped after

Ace died

and just let the manga go for a few years. It's like I telepathically knew FI would blow. 

Uh, you might want to spoiler that last bit.

So the new One Piece game is coming out in July. Who else has it preordered? It's my first One Piece game so I'm pretty hyped

^ I have it preordered. I have high hopes for it, especially since I couldn't really get into Unlimited Adventure, Pirate Warriors, and Romance Dawn as much as I had wanted to. The last OP games I remember truly enjoying to the fullest were Grand Battle and Grand Adventure.

Isn't the gameplay the same as Unlimited Adventure tho? Wouldn't it have the same effect for you.

A shame America isn't getting a physical Wii U version either. Can't even import either.

Isn't the gameplay the same as Unlimited Adventure tho? Wouldn't it have the same effect for you.

More or less, yeah, it's pretty much the same. I'm just being optimistic that they managed to improve the gameplay since the first one (never got to buy the UC games since they weren't released in the US).