Awoo.

wait, there's a new One Piece game coming out?

4721.jpg

For PS3, 3DS and Vita too. 

Here's the trailer for it. 

Coming to the US on July 5th. The Wii U version isn't getting a boxed copy though; only a digital release. At least it won't go out of print anytime soon.

4721.jpg

For PS3, 3DS and Vita too. 

Here's the trailer for it. 

Coming to the US on July 5th. The Wii U version isn't getting a boxed copy though; only a digital release. At least it won't go out of print anytime soon.

I love how one of Law's attacks is just him flipping the bird.

All versions of Unlimited World have physical releases in Europe.

I want it, but I don't think I can afford it right now. We'll see.

Check out the 10th and 11th. They are huge improvements over the other 7, both written by Oda himself. 10 is a good movie to just casually watch without really knowing too much of the lore of One Piece, and 11 is fantastic all the way, but requires a lot of knowledge of One Piece. Movie 10 is available on DVD right now too!

$21 on Rightstuff is a steal for the quality of the movie. http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/-X2sG0zQ5B634KNCIJ/browse/item/99270/4/0/0

Also, that seems to have been the trend for people to drop the manga during the New World. Fishman Island just does that to people. I sort of stopped after

Ace died

and just let the manga go for a few years. It's like I telepathically knew FI would blow.

Sorry for the late reply, I still have yet to see the 10th and 11th film. The 10th I remember reading up that it was acutally written by Eiichiro Oda and there was a manga on it too. I don't know when I'll get back into One Piece, but hope it'll be soon.

Also, I didn't realize that other people were stopping at New World, specifically Fishman Island because that's where I stopped at.

Sorry for the late reply, I still have yet to see the 10th and 11th film. The 10th I remember reading up that it was acutally written by Eiichiro Oda and there was a manga on it too. I don't know when I'll get back into One Piece, but hope it'll be soon.

Also, I didn't realize that other people were stopping at New World, specifically Fishman Island because that's where I stopped at.

If you ever get back, Movie 10 is the best and cheapest option for sure. It's the high antics and adventure of One Piece contained in the length of a movie, so it's good if you're not ready to dip into a series again.

Lots of people did. Even in the manga the pacing the slow as mollasses, and Hody was still a weaksauce villain. Looking back at it, it's not a bad arc, just incredibly slow to get through, and that's problematic for a weekly series. 

Yeah Fishman Island and even Punk Hazard to an extent just didn't do anything for me. Dressrossa was also a little slow at the beginning but managed to pick up the pace further on, and overall is just such an improvement over the last two arcs.

I don't agree that FMI was too slow. It started and ended at a good pace, but a lot in the middle felt rushed through. The flashback had some weird time jumps, but when I read it in the volume it worked a lot better for me.

And we never even saw the Fishman Karate Dojo =(

Yeah Fishman Island and even Punk Hazard to an extent just didn't do anything for me. Dressrossa was also a little slow at the beginning but managed to pick up the pace further on, and overall is just such an improvement over the last two arcs.

Punk Hazard wasn't that different from normal arcs, but it involved a lot of the strawhats running around so it got more repetitive than anything, but it was huge improvement from Fishman Island.

Title: ''Head Out - The Legendary Hero Usoland''
Chapters Covered: 718
New Characters: None
Episode Director: Ayako Hiraike (***1/2)
Animation Director: Shigefumi Shingaki (****)
Time: 8:30PM EST
Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece

Summary:

Usopp, Robin and their Tonttata allies are preparing for battle with the Donquixote Pirates to rescue their 500 captured dwarf comrades. As they leave, Gancho reveals to the two that the dwarves' past with Dressrosa began over 900 years ago.

Meanwhile in Dressrosa there exists a field of sunflowers and below the field, Thunder Soldier and Franky are rallying several toys and it is revealed they are in an alliance with the dwarves. Franky also discovers that Zorois there as well and that he is watching the C block battle royale fight between Luffy and Don Chinjao.

Elsewhere back at the Sunny, Nami is fending off Giolla but finds her Clima Tact turned into a yet another piece of art as Giolla reveals that she ate the Art Art Fruit and became an art human. At Green Bit the fight between Doflamingo and Law is still going but Law is barely able to keep up with Doflamingo's might.

Back at the Corrida Colosseum Jesus Burgess approaches Bartolomeo and Cavendish, wondering who is "the little runt" just as Luffy unleashes a Gum Gum Hawk Rifle into Chinjao's midsection causing him to cough blood.

My thoughts:

Wow what a bad episode. 

Not even Shingaki could do anything to save this episode. Sure there was a lot of stuff going on, but it was marred by terrible pacing and slow dialogue. This episode is an example of One Piece at it's worst pacing wise, when the characters talk very sluggishly and everything is moving slowly. Thankfully, Dressrosa has been a good arc thus far, and so this episode proves to be an exception instead of the rule. We got a lot of still shots, which Shingaki is known for, but they are well drawn, I'll give him that. He really keeps on model, but when dealing with a Toei budget it means a lot of sacrifice in places. However, there were some good extra fights to this episode where his animation really started to shine, like the Luffy vs Chinjao filler, which has been handled very well. 

On the other hand though, we got a weak fight between Law and Doflamingo that just bored me to tears, even if the animation was good. It just involved classic Toei staredowns and made me snore by the end of this one. 

Hopefully the next episode proves to be better, since there is a lot of room for clever filler in that one. As for this week though, it was not good.

Alright, now that E3 has come and gone, it's time to work on getting some One Piece news and reviews out.

In Taiwanese news, there is a One Piece philosophy class which students can take:

According to a June 11 article in the Taiwanese newspaper the Liberty Times, starting next year Huagan University would be adding a class on philosophy using “One Piece” as the main subject for the syllabus. The class, which will be taught by Professor Jiàn Zhì Jì (冀剣制) from the university’s philosophy department, has apparently already garnered a lot attention from the Taiwanese students.

One Piece fan and philosophy professor Jì explains that by going through the personalities and speeches uttered by the characters in the “One Piece” world, he wants to go into the various principles of life as he did in his book “The Philosophy Lessons from One Piece: Good and Dreams, The great routes to life”, published in May.

According to Jì, the principles of “dreams”, “adventure” and “belief” are very important ones, yet a lot of younger people don’t have a dream or don’t even know what they’re living for. The professor plans on asking from them to think about the contents of their dreams as well as going out on a solitary journey and writing a report about it.

Professor Jì quotes Blackbeard, one of his favourite “One Piece” characters

He explains that life is about living/following your dreams, and not about arguing what is good and what it bad.

Oh hey.

So I tried to start watching One Piece from the beginning a bunch of years ago, and I was doing reasonably well (considering that I'm the worst person in the world at marathon watching), but once I got through Alabasta I'd kind of had enough. I wasn't really sick of it, exactly, but I felt like I wanted a break, and the prospect of coming back to a bunch of filler kept me away long enough that I eventually lost interest.

Until now! I got an awful craving for a dumb fight show a little while ago, and after trying and not particularly liking Fairy Tail, I started from scratch on One Piece. I just finished G8, which actually wasn't that bad for filler, and now I've got a super rad new opening and a part of the series I've hardly had spoiled for me at all to look forward to. I might actually see this through~

(God I'm such a slowpoke)

(yeah, I should probably just be reading the manga, shhh)

Alright, now that E3 has come and gone, it's time to work on getting some One Piece news and reviews out.

In Taiwanese news, there is a One Piece philosophy class which students can take:

Well that's pretty interesting. Hope it turns out well.

Animation staff for the next upcoming episodes have been announced, along with titles to those aformentioned episodes.

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/06/10/newtype-july-14-unveils-new-episode-titles-staff-info-for-the-anime/

My source is always, One Piece Unofficial Podcast:

6/15 – 649: 「激戦決着 ルーシーVSチンジャオ」
The Conclusion to a Fierce Fight – Lucy vs Chinjao

• Screenplay: 「田中仁」 Hitoshi Tanaka
  • Storyboard: 「上田芳裕」 Yoshihiro Ueda
  • Episode director: 「上田芳裕」 Yoshihiro Ueda
  • Animation director: 「北崎正浩」 Masahiro Kitazaki
  • Art: 「吉池隆司」 Ryūji Yoshiike

6/22 – 650: 「ルフィと宿命の剣闘士レベッカ」
Luffy and the Fated Gladiator Rebecca

• Screenplay: 「米村正二」 Shōji Yonemura
  • Storyboard: 「細田雅弘」 Masahiro Hosoda
  • Episode director: 「細田雅弘」 Masahiro Hosoda
  • Animation director: 「島貫正弘」 Masahiro Shimanuki
  • Art: 「白石美穂」 Miho Shiraishi

6/29 – 651: 「守り抜く!レベッカとおもちゃの兵隊」
I’ll protect her until the very end! Rebecca and the Toy Soldier

• Screenplay: 「菅良幸」 Yoshiyuki Suga
  •  Storyboard: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa
  • Episode director: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa
  • Animation director: 「横山健次」 Kenji Yokoyama
  • Art: 「吉池隆司」 Ryūji Yoshiike

7/6 – 652: 「最後の超激戦区 Dブロック開戦」
The Fierce Final Battleground – Block D Battle Begins

• Screenplay: 「米村正二」 Shōji Yonemura
  • Storyboard: 「所勝美」 Katsumi Tokoro
  • Episode director: 「所勝美」 Katsumi Tokoro
  • Animation director: 「五十内裕輔」 Yūsuke Isōchi
  • Art: 「白石美穂」 Miho Shiraishi

-----

Oh hey.

So I tried to start watching One Piece from the beginning a bunch of years ago, and I was doing reasonably well (considering that I'm the worst person in the world at marathon watching), but once I got through Alabasta I'd kind of had enough. I wasn't really sick of it, exactly, but I felt like I wanted a break, and the prospect of coming back to a bunch of filler kept me away long enough that I eventually lost interest.

Until now! I got an awful craving for a dumb fight show a little while ago, and after trying and not particularly liking Fairy Tail, I started from scratch on One Piece. I just finished G8, which actually wasn't that bad for filler, and now I've got a super rad new opening and a part of the series I've hardly had spoiled for me at all to look forward to. I might actually see this through~

(God I'm such a slowpoke)

(yeah, I should probably just be reading the manga, shhh)

G8 is one of the best filler arcs and is highly celebrated amongst the One Piece fandom. And good on you to return, because you're coming to one of the best arcs of the series history. 

Here is the SBS information from the latest volume of One Piece, Volume 74, detailing many new things, about our favorite characters check it out!
 Source: http://orojackson.com/threads/one-piece-volume-74.3421/

PG046:

Tti2uno.jpg

Translation:

Reader: Haaaaaaaaaai! As Odacchi’s replacement I will begin it on my own. Today too, let’s start it full of energy!! Now then… 1 , 2! “SOS!!”

Oda: Heeeeeeeelp! Someone!! Doji-kko ringo ame* is drowning!! SOS! SOS! IT’S SBS!!
*The pen name of the fan who sent in this question

Reader: Odachi, I’ll forgive you.
Oda: Oi oi!! Somehow I might have slipped up!

Reader: Good evening! I fell in love with Cavendish at first sight. There Odachhi! Do you want to know his birthday right away…? Caven -> Cabbage -> Vegetable -> August, 31st How will that be?
(caben -> cabeso (cabbage as above) -> Vegetable written as “yasai”. Now, the japanese write August as 8th month, with the chinese pronunciation being “ya” and for 31st , 3 is written as “san” and 1 is written as “ichi”. Well, I’m stumped how they got “sai”…)
Oda: Uuuuuuhh… Mmmmm… (not really thinking) Fine. (Doesn’t really matter)

Reader: In Chapter 731, during SOP operations purpose explanation scene, there are dwarf Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Chopper, Nami, Brook, (Pandaman) among the dwarves!! What does that mean?! Since it’s something from my favorite Oda sensei, it must have a deep, deep meaning, right? If you don’t tell us, (Pen Name) I’ll start the SBS.
Oda: The SBS has already begun!! Now then… Ahh you must have a good eyesight, eh? Huh? No? It was like a challenge to the fans that they won’t be able to find it. They found it.

PG066:

bbsVFV6.jpg

Translation:

Reader: Oda kun! Yesterday I was wearing underpants on my head with my sister and playing, how about you too Oda kun? The way to do it is to wear underpants on your head and say “I’m not going to forgive them for not wearing underpants!” try it! It’s really fun!
Oda: Sounds fun!! Like “Wow!”. STOP! You have no style! No style!

Reader: Robin’s hands are beautiful. Please let me rub with them/play with them*?
*This guy probably has a things for hand, like how people have foot-fetish.
Oda: Are you a pervert?! Really, try harder! Recently the PTA has been really angry about this corner. Please stop questioning my dignity.

Reader: Oda sensei, which is the most heartbreaking scene that you have done? Please tell me.
Oda: Ooooo. Eee… It’s like this. What is seriously good about this talk? For me, there were a lot of scenes that moved me to tears. Drawing them is always difficult and so is getting up and walking away after. To say the number one heartbreaking scene or the number one difficult scene to draw, as I remember, was near the end of the Alabasta arc where Vivi continues to scream “Please stop fighting!” (in volume 23). But I don’t remember clearly. I wonder if that was it…

Reader: Question. If Marco’s penis broke, will it regenerate?
Oda: Yes. His penis will regenerate. HEY!!

Why do they keep asking these stupid dick questions?

PG086:

yXPYbpj.jpg

Translation:

Reader: For Fujitora’s birthday is August 10th alright? (8) Fuji (10) tora
Oda: ummm~~~ (pretends to be troubled) uumm~~ (pretends to be troubled) Zzzz (fell asleep) Haa!!! (woke up) It’s alright. (whatever is okay)

Reader: Odacchikonchi! Does Fujirora take after Katsu Shintarou-san who played in ‘Zatoichi’ (literally is Katsu Shintarou his model,meaning whom Oda had in mind when making Fujitora) I don’t know of that person myself but Mommy and Daddy told me. 
Oda: Yes, that is correct~ Because our generation is this way, I feel that there can be no other ‘KatsuShin’ but I can in no way know what the young boys think these days. There are many new movies also named 'Zatoichi'. Originally it was the actor Katsu Shintaro; It was made up from the stories of a certain sub-character, it was a tv movie but it also a very popular drama series, with more than 100 episodes. Okay, do you understand now? Get it?! [text of the remaining answer is faded so cannot be translated]

Reader: Oda sensei, when is Marine Admiral Momousagi [Pink Rabbit] appearing? Sexy Dynamites Momousagi will blow everyone up. No, I doubt the bombarding rumors! I'm waiting to no longer be able to sleep at nights (the wait has made me sleepless?).
Oda: MOMOUSAGI??? eeerm.. Right now the Admirals are Kizaru.. Fujitora.. Ryokugyuu.. Momousagi??? Aaa, that person,right.. I have m-many Vice Admirals. She was a candindate for Admiral that person, right? M-many vice admirals… Well,let me show you already. (this is) Vice Admiral Momousagi (and the arrow points to picture). The remaining of the answer, Oda speaks about the person being young & beautiful (Pink Rabbit) but she's not a model and such, sentence is hard to translate.

Page 106:

6bFVqiY.jpg

Translation:

None yet

Page 126:

1wsMptC.jpg

Translation:

None yet

PG146:

H6FHW7K.jpg

Translation:

Oda: Well, sorry, but I lost the letter that contained the question (sweating). I received a request to draw the Worst Generation Jolly Rogers, but I lost the original letter while drawing. Excuse me. But, I will answer the letter. Thanks for the request, I did not draw those already shown.

192fc0b87ac6e043b9e512dfbd1a6a8d14025220

Premium Bandai started taking reservations on June 13 for the “Strong 9″ Chess Piece Collection R special collaboration set.

This figurine collaboration features chess pieces depicting combos of famous characters from Dragon Ball, One Piece and Toriko, going from the “Piccolo x Chopper” pawn to the “Luffy x Yun” king chess piece with a total of 6 different pieces.

The chess pieces are:

Luffy x Yun – King
Goku x Thousand Sunny – Queen
Toriko x Goten – Bishop
Zoro x Shenlong – Knight
Vegeta x Terry – Rook
Piccolo x Chopper – Pawn

The 6 chess pieces come in a set, about 9 centimeters high each and are available for reservation for ¥8,964 (tax incl.) on Premium Bandai’s site. Shipping will start in the first half of September. (It is also possible to buy one piece instead of a whole set. Pun not intended.)

The chess pieces were made to commemorate the One Piece anime’s 15th anniversary, the Toriko manga for entering the Gourmet World Arc and the Dragonball Kai anime’s renewed television broadcast.

a3036804f544ee3e4fe985e73708ec0814025220

Source: 

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/06/13/one-piece-x-dragonball-x-toriko-figurine-collaboration/

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/06/11-1/dragon-ball-z-kai-x-one-piece-x-toriko-chess-pieces-going-on-sale

G8 is one of the best filler arcs and is highly celebrated amongst the One Piece fandom. And good on you to return, because you're coming to one of the best arcs of the series history. 

G8 has a place in my heart for introducing the best character in the entire series; Condoriano.

On a serious note, how come he changed the Kid Pirates' jolly roger. Did he just forget that he had already drawn it and draw a new one?

• Thumbs Up 1

The new episode is out, but it's directed by a really horrible animator and general director, and most people really, really hate this one, so I can't say for sure that I want to see it so soon. So I think it's best that I just wait for next week's episode and just marathon them both together. 

On a serious note, how come he changed the Kid Pirates' jolly roger. Did he just forget that he had already drawn it and draw a new one?

Maybe Kidd changed it for the new world?

New DLC out for Unlimited World Red:

Japanese Weekly Shônen Jump magazine’s issue #29 announced that the One Piece Anime 15th Anniversary costumes, as seen in the One Piece Opening “Wake Up,” are available for download as additional DLC.

The DLC also includes new quests involving dinosaurs (“I’m going to become the Dinosaur Doctor!”) and a battle against both Pato and Patrick “Red” Redfield — two of the game’s primary antagonists — at the same time.

This DLC will be available for download for free until Sept. 11, after which it will only be available for an additional fee of ¥300. However, it is unknown whether this DLC will also be made available for the non-Japanese version of the game.

The Official Strategy Handbook published by Shûeisha’s V Jump magazine also contains a DL Code for a special costume for Chopper and Sanji, along with additional quests.

Further additional DLC includes:

A school uniform costume for Robin (¥411): Increases attack power by 25%, gives a 10% SP Recovery effect when landing an attack but decreases the maximum HP by 10%. Also includes the quest, “The 100 Enforcers of God”

A school uniform costume for Nami (¥411): Increases Special Attack power by 25%, gives a 10% SP Recovery effect when landing an attack, but decreases the maximum HP by 10%. Also includes the quest, “I like money”

A water bathing costume for Chopper (¥411): Increases movement speed by 20%, decreases damage suffered when falling in water by 50%, but decreases the maximum HP by 15%. Also includes the quest, “I’m going to solve everything!” and the pre-time skip original Chopper outfit.

A bathing suit costume for Nami (¥411): Increases movement speed by 20%, decreases damage suffered when falling in water by 50%, but decreases the maximum HP by 15%. Also includes the quest, “Revenge! Hody’s Tenacity”.

A bathing suit costume for Robin (¥411): Increases movement speed by 20%, decreases damage suffered when falling in water by 50%, but decreases the maximum HP by 15%. Also includes the quest, “A Fierce Battle! A Glow in Sky Island”.

A casual shirt costume for Zoro (¥411): Slowly makes you recover SP, increases the damage done to minor enemies by 20%, but decreases the maximum HP by 20%. Also includes the quest, “Punk Hazard 2: Electric Boogaloo” (Actually called, “The Punk Hazard Nightmare Once Again” but that sounded less catchy, let’s be honest.)

- The quest: “Aim for the Great Golden Bell Tower” (¥103)

all.png

I never liked those outfits, so I won't be rushing for this when the game comes out here.

What the hell is with Japan and fucking school girls.

Christ those look terrible.

'least you can't mess up casual wear, Zoro's is alright

What the hell is with Japan and fucking school girls.

Christ those look terrible.

'least you can't mess up casual wear, Zoro's is alright

Panty shots.

Oh of course how could I forget.

What comes with the Day 1 edition of the game? Can't wait for that to hit

No real news has been made for our release yet, but I'm sure we're going to get all of Japan's material trickling over here. 

Also, fun fact: those bathing suits are actual promotional outfits for the One Piece Water Park @ Kagawa Prefecture 

This summer is bound to be “One Piece”-filled.

After the announcement that “One Piece” would be present at the Odaiba “New World,” Ôsaka’s Universal Studio Japan and many more, Kagawa Prefecture-based water park “New Reoma World’s” official website announced that their One Piece themed park would be upgraded with new attractions in a “One Piece” theme.

The official website of New Reoma World announced that it donned the “One Piece” part of the water park with themes surrounding the New World’s Fishman Island and Punk Hazard arcs.

“One Piece Memorial Log Ver. Water Adventure 2″ would will be open from July 5 until Sept. 15.

31325c3e574dec97933a131789a5f243-1-590x8