Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

I reckon that Wally and the support trainer will definitely have bigger roles.
I also believe that the bike will be switchable freely like in Gen4..

and I also think we'll fight only Magma OR Aqua depending on the version, but they will inadvertently wake up both legies rather than the just the one they wanted. Perhaps they even wake up the one they wanted as part of a way to fight or control one that is already awake. Either way, the Emerald Groudon vs. Kyogre fight with Rayquaza's intervention will be adapted in some way I'd imagine, but I still think the main villainous Team will depend on the version.

A bit more detail from Serebii I didn't see here yet;

The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes

If there was any doubt that Groudon and Kyogre's box appearances were new formes (whether Mega or otherwise), there is doubt no more. Personally still hoping they're Megas.

I'm expecting a full 3D rendered cutscene of the battle between the weather trio.

I'm also expecting Sky Tower to be a lot more difficult because of the analogue controls.

I wonder if the Johto starters that you originally got for completing the national Pokedex will be this game's equivalent of the gen 1 starters in X and Y this time.

• Thumbs Up 7

It only just clicked in my head that contests will be returning, and I'm super happy about that. I loved having something worthwhile to do with my Pokémon that wasn't just a variant on the existing battles. I'm also hoping that the Sinnoh starters become obtainable in one way or another, but it's not really a huge deal.

I'm expecting a full 3D rendered cutscene of the battle between the weather trio.

I'm also expecting Sky Tower to be a lot more difficult because of the analogue controls.

Ahh yes, the infamous precision Mach Bike obstacle course.....shit.

I kinda hope Steven's the Champion, if only because I felt he put up a far better challenge than Wallace ever could. 

I'm honestly not convinced that Contests will exist.

It was pointed out earlier that HGSS had things removed from them and replaced with other things, So it wouldn't surprise me if they just outright removed them.

I hope to god I'm just being cynical because I really love Pokemon Contests.

About customisation. You could change your skin color in XY, so if that is still around, and I don't see it not being there, what's with Norman? Will his skin change, too? I believe they did that with your mom in XY, but Norman is an important character with an already existing design. Curious to see what they'll do.

They'll just change the mother's skin tone to match, since she doesn't have a set design. Bi-racial relationships allow for children to have a different skin tone from the the father, and it shouldn't be any different here.

As for what I want:

- Streetpass features for Secret Bases.

- Contests to keep my interest this time.

- A reason for the Sunny Day cave in Route 120 to exist other than just holding the Sunny Day TM.

- Regigigas in the Sealed Chamber.

- Mirage Island's appearance rate to be tied to both the Original Trainer IDs, and the Friend Codes of your friends you have recorded on the 3DS, where meeting either one of the requirements reveals it, if such a thing is possible.

- Roaming Kami Trio.

- A shout-out to Fennel from Black and White by the Devon Corp. scientist who is trying to make a device to visually reproduce Pokemon's dreams.

- The glass-blowing shop in Route 113 to increase their stock variety for Secret Base items.

• Thumbs Up 5

It was pointed out earlier that HGSS had things removed from them and replaced with other things, So it wouldn't surprise me if they just outright removed them.

HGSS also put a lot of things in, so I wouldn't rule out contests returning.

I wonder if Secret Bases will be the equivalent of Friend Safaris.

You know, speaking of Megas, I just realized.

It was recently confirmed that the theory that RS takes place at the same time as RBY is actually true. And XY takes place around the same time as B2W2.

Wouldn't having Mega Evolutions cause some kind of a plot hole?

Eh, it probably doesn't really matter.

I'm just complementing whether I should choose Treecko as my starter or not. I have used Swampert and Blaziken SO MANY TIMES, especially Swampert, but at the same time I just don't really like grass starters. Hmm...

I was also planning to give it Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Rock Slide and a good status move, maybe Swords Dance.

It was recently confirmed that the theory that RS takes place at the same time as RBY is actually true. And XY takes place around the same time as B2W2.

I don't think that this franchise gives three shits about plot holes anymore.

I hope it's just nothing like Sinnoh's gaudy ass Contests

I am glad to hear that they are making these finally. I think people have been begging for them for awhile now at that. Though seeing some polls say that they are only making it for nostalgia purposes and trying to cash in on that only is a bit annoying. Yeah, that is partly why they would remake this game, but the game was popular and people would want to play it  I'm sure. Pokemon is that game that is just honestly going to stick around for quite awhile and is going to stay around for awhile. They change the game play a bit, but not so much to where people who have played it before can't pick it up and understand the game just the same as they used to.

Also, I can finally run through the game with Treecko again, my favorite pokemon of them all =P

The rules of nature don't stop existing just because they're not brought up until later.  I've discussed before how the existence of Baby Pokémon doesn't necessarily create plotholes and Mega Evolutions are the same way.  They were never brought up or stated to not exist, therefore it doesn't really create any plot discrepancies.  Plus, you know, since they're remakes and all, that retcons the established continuity of the GBA R/S/E anyway.  And if you're really picky, Pokémon Origins had mega evolutions, so they existed in Kanto as well.

But yeah, in a game series like Pokémon, it doesn't matter in the slightest.  It's not something I play to get invested in for the cohesiveness of the narrative. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_n58qixjZ061qhof99o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n58qixjZ061qhof99o2_1280.jpg

Why, hello new Desktop wallpapers. biggrin.png

So, expectations anyone?

Returning Features from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

-the Pokénav will have Match Call again, which is basically a VS Seeker App, like in HG/SS

-Steven will probably be involved with getting Mega Stones

-Contests will return along with the Condition app of the Pokénav, Hoenn Region Ribbons, and possibly Poké Blocks.

-Berry Trees will return but might be giant and "out of reach" like in X/Y. Berry Crush may also return

-Where X and Y included Sky Battles, OR and AS may have Ocean Battles during areas where we need to Dive, where only Water Pokémon can battle

-The Winstrate Family will return and you can challenge them all in a row, once a day

-Juan will be the Last Gym Leader while Wallace is the Champion

-TV Interviews will return and probably be a Streetpass Feature

-Secret Bases, might also be a Streetpass Feature

-The Trick Master and his house will return

-The Mystery Guests feature may return and be another Streetpass Feature

-The Magma Hideout from Emerald will be in Mt. Chimney

-Wally will be one of your Rivals, along with Brendan or May

-Tag Trainer Battles may return, where if you position yourself within the sight of 2 Single Battle Trainers, you'll fight both of them in a Double Battle. Could also result in Triple and Rotation Battles.

-The Battle Tents and the Battle Frontier, with new features to old facilities. Also, Scott

-Mirage Island

-possibly Altering Cave...

-The Marine and Terra Caves

New Features Coming from X/Y and Generation 4-5

-several Region Pokémon will have new movesets, plus their new Fairy Typings (Ralts, Clefairy, Marill, etc)

-The Berry Master will have a customizable garden

-The Trainer Tower will become a Battle Chateau

-expect Horde and Sky Battles

-Pokémon Amie may be in this game and have an affect on Pokémon in Contests. Same with Super Training and the PSS

-Hopefully, Pokémon Bank/Transporter will work with OR/SA

-Something tells me Looker may appear

-Cafés, Boutiques, and Photo Spots

-The Pokénav will have a Holo Caster Feature

Hoenn Pokédex

-In the past, it had 200 Pokémon. I'm estimating that they'll add some from Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos, along with the newly added pre evolutions and evolutions. It may go up to 300 or more.

-As for Legendary Pokémon outside of Hoenn…maybe the Sacred Beast Trio

-I am totally expecting new Formes and Mega Evolutions

-there may be a Deoxys Event in the future involving the Space Station

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'm gonna go with Treecko this time around since I chose Swampert in Emerald (in fact I still have him in my Bank account) and I got the event Blaziken for my X version. I'm actually hoping they give out the Johto starters like they gave out the Kanto starters in X/Y.

Of course the week I don't have internet they'd announce a remake of my favorite Pokemon game.

I'm fucking hyped beyond all imagination. Getting Alpha Sapphire in a heartbeat and hope that there's still everything about the original intact haha. The only changes I really hope for are maybe some 3rd gen Mega Evolutions since that gen has most of my favorites (like the rest of the starters at least lawl), maybe dramatic changes to the world once the flood/drought happens so you can re-explore the world all over again, or honestly just some good straight-up interesting post-game since Pokemon has a bad habit with that stuffs more often than not. It'd be overkill but they should just toss in the 4th gen map post game *shot*.

Seriously though I can't wait and has already become my number one wanted game of this year

• Thumbs Up 5

-Juan will be the Last Gym Leader while Wallace is the Champion

I think they might have you fight Steven as the Champion in the first round, then fight Wallace as the Champion in the rematch round.

• Thumbs Up 1

The rules of nature don't stop existing just because they're not brought up until later.  I've discussed before how the existence of Baby Pokémon doesn't necessarily create plotholes and Mega Evolutions are the same way.  They were never brought up or stated to not exist, therefore it doesn't really create any plot discrepancies.  Plus, you know, since they're remakes and all, that retcons the established continuity of the GBA R/S/E anyway.  And if you're really picky, Pokémon Origins had mega evolutions, so they existed in Kanto as well.

But yeah, in a game series like Pokémon, it doesn't matter in the slightest.  It's not something I play to get invested in for the cohesiveness of the narrative. XD

I C WUT U DID THAR!

I hope there's the customization like there was in X/Y, though there weren't as many options for the male character I still loved making my character "my own" as it were.

I hope they don't lock away (most) Mega Evolutions to the postgame like in X/Y.  That was quite annoying, but I can totally see them doing it.  Beldum too, actually, that was postgame only in the originals as well!  I'd like to actually be able to use it during the main game, please.

Also, even if both of the Teams aren't evil, I hope that Team Magma gets their Magma Hideout in Mount Chimney from Emerald.  It never made sense that they hung about in a sea port in Ruby.  Actually, a lot of R/S seems like it was scripted with Aqua in mind as the villains - portside HQ, the legendary is underwater... Team Magma really got short shrift.  Even in Emerald during the legendary battle, Groudon's just standing on a little patch of land in the middle of the sea, and it has a terrible type weakness to Kyogre.  The land vs. sea battle makes no sense in gameplay terms because Kyogre wins every time, even against Rayquaza (it has Ice-type moves).

Even if they don't use the Emerald plotline of both Teams being evil, I hope there are more events with the "good Team," because in R/S then the good Team barely ever shows up.  I'd really like to see both of them crawling all over the game.  Maybe they could reinterpret the good Team not as crazy environmentalists but as going after their Team's legendary purely as a defensive measure against their opponents - which could create a situation where they're simultaneously antagonists and allies to the player.  I think that's how I'd do it, actually, but I don't think it's what GameFreak will do...

I'm absolutely sure that the Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza battle will be in, though, as it's so iconic and the games would feel lacking without it.  But Mega forms which actually make their battle evenly-balanced are high on my agenda - maybe their abilities could prevent super-effective attacks from their opponent or something?  How the battle would play out is that either Rayquaza will quell the battle and cause the non-cover legendary to vanish, or the Mega cover legendary will beat its opponent and then you'll have to take it down.

I kinda think most Mega Evos will be locked to the post-game.

Don't forget that with FRLG and HGSS, they kept the available Pokémon mostly the same as the originals, especially with FRLG, and their regional dexes were the same too I believe? There may be some Megas available in the main game, but they'll mostly be extras.

The post-game is probably going to be gigantic though.