Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

Nah. It's all about Mega Ludicolo. I can just imagine the Pokedex entry.

"Mega Ludicolo. The out of control duck pineapple Pokemon. When this Pokemon hears music, its dancing becomes lethal, able to even break walls."

As well as Ludicolo though, I'd like Exploud, Hariyama, and Torkoal to go Mega as well. I think the first two of those might be a bit overpowered though [not like that stopped them for Charizard or Mewtwo though].

Also, Hoenn's lack of Eevee needs to be fixed. Although, if traing between XY and ORAS is as easy as previous generations, there shouldn't be any problems with that. Unless you only have one 3DS of course. [unless you use the PokeBank]

• Thumbs Up 1

One of them is already confirmed, Kecleon.

I actually hope that Kecleon is one of the Hoenn Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution.

One of them is already confirmed, Kecleon.

Really? Where did that happen?

"Mega Ludicolo. The out of control duck pineapple Pokemon. When this Pokemon hears music, its dancing becomes lethal, able to even break walls."

Mega Pokémon don't have Pokédex entries.

Anyway, off to ruin other people's jokes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't believe anything until next month.

Any stuff about Mega Evolutions and other stuff will almost always be bullshit.

I don't get it.

The best part about all of this is that it's now possible to transfer Pokemon from Hoenn to Sinnoh, to Unova, to Kalos, and trade it right back to Hoenn again.

It's the first time the Pokemon can be traded back to its original region, but in a separate game altogether.

tumblr_n5uglxAPtu1seuuy2o1_500.jpg

Oh snap...

This is one of the reasons I wanted remakes.

To do this requires 1 DS/DS lite, a 3DS, a Gen 3 cart, a Gen 4 cart, a gen 5 cart, and a subscription to Poke'Bank.

Sorry, not happening. I get both a Hoenn remake and the ability to tell the tedious cross-gen bullshit to piss off.

I'll be shocked if RSE/FRLG Pokemon don't receive some kind of bonus for being transferred back to Hoenn. RBY and GSC Pokemon couldn't go back to FRLG or HGSS because of hardware alterations, but now's a good time to present special exclusive moves to that Spinda and Chimecho and the rest who have withstood the test of time and gone full circle.

If Entei can recieve Sacred Fire for no apparent reason, these Pokemon should get cool stuff too.

As well as Ludicolo though, I'd like Exploud, Hariyama, and Torkoal to go Mega as well. I think the first two of those might be a bit overpowered though [not like that stopped them for Charizard or Mewtwo though].

Or the land shark pokemon I can't care to recall..

Only and only if ma dawg, Miror B makes an appearance and battle in game. It was this gen , in a sense, was his debut.

Then, them Ludicolo would have a purpose..

Curiously, Delta Emerald has been trademarked in Japan.

Why? If they're really planning this, I can't say I'm happy. I thought I'd be able to expect all of Emerald's content to be in ORAS, and I can't say I like the idea of buying a remake twice.

Possibly to avoid other people getting the trademark? Didn't SEGA do that with Sonic Adventure 3?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they're just covering themselves. Don't worry about it until something comes around to tell us otherwise. They've not remade a third version yet and there's no reason to believe they'd do so now.

• Thumbs Up 2

From Serebii:

"This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years including Pokémon Grey. "

So, yeah

• Thumbs Up 6

Nothing to worry about.  "Delta" Emerald in particular strikes me as an obvious filler title that's not particularly relevant (it's a Greek letter and looks like a triangle, and that's about it).

Edit: To go into more detail, Alpha and Omega have pretty important connotations as the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet and a lot of cultural resonance because of that ("I am the Alpha and the Omega," not least), and Delta just doesn't have that.  Since Rayquaza is meant to both balance and trump Kyogre and Groudon, I'd have assigned Emerald a title that's maybe not in the Greek alphabet at all - something that's obviously superior in its own right.

Weeeeeell, on the other Hand, Gold/Silver/Crystal had the same Story with minor differences, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald had pretty big differences by having Team Magma, Team Aqua and both, so you could argue a Remake for all three of them would be more warranted this time around.

Nothing to worry about.  "Delta" Emerald in particular strikes me as an obvious filler title that's not particularly relevant (it's a Greek letter and looks like a triangle, and that's about it).

Edit: To go into more detail, Alpha and Omega have pretty important connotations as the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet and a lot of cultural resonance because of that ("I am the Alpha and the Omega," not least), and Delta just doesn't have that.  Since Rayquaza is meant to both balance and trump Kyogre and Groudon, I'd have assigned Emerald a title that's maybe not in the Greek alphabet at all - something that's obviously superior in its own right.

Marcello Emerald?!

Weeeeeell, on the other Hand, Gold/Silver/Crystal had the same Story with minor differences, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald had pretty big differences by having Team Magma, Team Aqua and both, so you could argue a Remake for all three of them would be more warranted this time around.

Crystal added a bunch of stuff about Suicune and I recall that was in the remakes. For Ruby & Sapphire, I wouldn't call the differences major. In one of them you fight the fire team in the other the water. Emerald combined Ruby and Sapphire and added some stuff about Rayquaza. I think that's the most likely route for these remakes.

I somewhat doubt they would just scrap the Story differences between the two Versions.  I dunno, Team Magma was Ruby's Team, Team Aqua was Sapphire's, mashing both Teams in both versions just doesnt feel right to me.

• Thumbs Up 2