Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

Even in their Gen III remakes GF can't stop with this nostalgia pandering shit.

....The first part of this sentence makes the very end of it hilarious if you think about it. "Those darn Freaks, pandering to those nostalgias in a remake that people were asking for for years!"

Only problem I have with that bit is, isn't Steven a Steel-type trainer? I guess he'll have an all-around roster instead? Although, maybe he just has a Charizard and doesn't necessarily use it in the champion battle.

• Thumbs Up 1

....The first part of this sentence makes the very end of it hilarious if you think about it. "Those darn Freaks, pandering to those nostalgias in a remake that people were asking for for years!"

I worded it incorrectly; I meant to say that I was sick of them pandering to the Gen I fanbase in their Gen III remake, most notably the Charzard fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you like anything :v

have I not been drooling over Ghost Trick for the past week

Jesus people, despite the myth, I actually DO enjoy things.

I'm still excited for the remakes regardless, I just don't understand the point of changing May's bandana to a shitty Tupac headband

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm...I dunno about that Mega Sceptile. Lightning Rod, 4X Weakness to Ice and 6 Weaknesses? No thanks. I hope Mega Sceptile is more bulkier and quicker though. I'll just pick that stronk Mega Swampert then.

And having Mega Diancie as the first Gen 6 Mega Evo Poke...I'm surprised, confused, and interested at the same time.

Nearly every dragon is 4x weak to ice, and the ones that aren't are either ubers, OU, or useless

Lightning Rod on Mega Sceptile is actually pretty neat. Means the only thing that can paralyse it is Body Slam.

I worded it incorrectly; I meant to say that I was sick of them pandering to the Gen I fanbase in their Gen III remake, most notably the Charzard fans.

???

They aren't? Charizard is just a fan favorite. Besides, Steven was a shit Champion, I'm all for him having variety instead of tons of steel and rock types.

Erm...the only Dragons I can think of that are 4X weak to ice are Rayquaza, Dragonite, Garchomp, and Salamence.

There's many other dragons to choose from that aren't like that, like MegaZard X, Kyurem B/W, Goodra, Dialga, Palkia, etc.

Nearly every dragon is 4x weak to ice, and the ones that aren't are either ubers, OU, or useless

Here's another scan I didn't see posted here:

corocoro7145.jpg

Just a close-up of the Steven part.

It looks like speech bubbles have frames again..

This part is just not true. 4 out of like 50 dragons are not "nearly".

edit: oops, double quote mistake

Hilariously I was just talking about Sceptile being Grass/Dragon a few days ago, go figure : V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell is wrong with Team Aqua/Magma's new design? Heck, why the hell the team Aqua members are black out of nowhere? I mean, no racism intended here, but i didn't remember any clue of them being bros in the original games. I suppose they wanted to go full speed ahead with the pirate theme for the team, but still.

Also, Steven looks like someone that came out from the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh.

What the hell is wrong with Team Aqua/Magma's new design? Heck, why the hell the team Aqua members are black out of nowhere? I mean, no racism intended here, but i didn't remember any clue of them being bros in the original games. I suppose they wanted to go full speed ahead with the pirate theme for the team, but still.

Also, Steven looks like someone that came out from the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Team Aqua is now more tanned since they're always outside and at sea. Team Magma is much more pale since they work underground. It's a pretty good contrast if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 4

Heck, why the hell the team Aqua members are black out of nowhere? I mean, no racism intended here, but i didn't remember any clue of them being bros in the original games. I suppose they wanted to go full speed ahead with the pirate theme for the team, but still.

what

and, Pokémon is played by everyone all over the world, there's no harm in making your games' cast more diverse retrospectively, I'm pretty sure that would be widely seen as a good move all around.

Hopefully someday we'll see some non-straight people in Pokémon. Someday.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't mean that: what i'm trying to asking is why choosing a so radical different style for a remake of titles that estabilished different characters instead of using it for an upcoming new title that can "start" people from scratch.
But Bandana already answered me.

I like it. None of the other remakes have given a character such a drastic change.

Also purple Courtney is best Courtney.

• Thumbs Up 1

The redesigned Magma/Aqua guys look OK to me. I especially like that Courtney is sticking her butt outwards.

I didn't mean that: what i'm trying to asking is why choosing a so radical different style for a remake of titles that estabilished different characters instead of using it for an upcoming new title that can "start" people from scratch.

It's not a radically different style, they did have more racial diversity in XY so I'm not sure why you say "instead of", but ok :v

Also, a lot of people will be starting from scratch with this, that's why it's being marketed as "a brand new world" in trailers and stuff.

I just saw the redesigns of the characters and... Holy shit. o.o I was not expecting that kind of redesign at all! Brendan and May definitely have a tropical look to their attire. Is it me or does Brendan look a little dark skinned? Steven Stone still looking badass as always, I love his redesign, looks a bit like his old design but with a fresh look. <3 Team Magma and Team Aqua look... different. Especially Maxie, Archie, Tabitha, Shelly and Matt. Although Courtney looks a bit the same to her old design. 

Lastly, Sceptile and Swampert finally get the Mega Evolution treatment. Oh, and it looks like Diancie has a Mega Evolution too. 

It's not a radically different style, they did have more racial diversity in XY so I'm not sure why you say "instead of", but ok :v

Also, a lot of people will be starting from scratch with this, that's why it's being marketed as "a brand new world" in trailers and stuff.

When i said "people", i intended in-game characters: the Gen III teams already had specific generals/bosses design (unlike the previous gens), while in a new game you have to program them from 0. I said that instead of using such a drastic redesign they could have spared the concept arts for the inevitable Gen VII.

But bottomline, i'm just really surprised of this decision, but that doesn't interfere at all in me liking the games and buyng the remakes.

Why am I getting Diamond/Pearl series vibes from those redesigns.

Oh, wait.

MayDiamondPearl.png

The orange and green is strong with these redesigns.

I can get used to them.

And I'm so stuck on a starter to choose. Fire being my preference, but I've already got a Blaziken on Y. Ah, I usually swap my starter out for a dark type as soon as anyway, so I might just choose Mudkip.

Mega Mightyena?

I like what I'm seeing here.  That GameFreak's willing to call legendary-specific Mega Evolutions something different to be cool and unique to them is appropriate and I'm pleased with it.  I don't really care about Mega Diancie, but it does the job, I guess.  Mega Sceptile and Swampert were pretty obvious decisions, and Sceptile picking up a new type to join its partner starters as dual-types is very fitting, though Hulk Swampert is kinda weird to me - but the trio are nice and diverse.  Similarly, I like that the redesigns of Team Magma and Aqua are a lot more unique and individual than they used to be; they feel like actual characters rather than just arbitrarily-named grunts.  There just wasn't really much to individualise them back in Gen III.  Brendan and May's redesigns definitely look a lot more like they live in a tropical climate and might be diving into the sea at any moment; good move, even if there is something indefinably off about the art style.  The only thing I'm really unhappy about is Steven having a Mega Charizard X.  I guess that confirms that he's the champion, at least in the main game; they'd never have gotten rid of his Steel/Rock gimmick otherwise.  Doesn't say anything about the postgame, though - hopefully he shows off Mega Metagross there.

Oooooh lets see.

Yay! Mega Sceptile and Swampert! Boo! Swampert has also been skipping leg day.

Boo! Archie and Maxie look dumber (and team aqua is now suspiciously black) But hey the grunts look better than ever, but boo Shelly looks stupid now, but yay Matt looks fucking baller.

Everything else looks nice, also, that Mega Charizard X is lvl 100, so I wouldn't get worked up about it belonging to Steven in the final game just yet.