Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

Who was expecting FINALIZED gameplay? 

Granted, I was hoping for at LEAST character redesigns, but you what; I'm not even upset. Everything that proceeded this was worth it; and what we was show ALONE made me more hyped.

Next stop...E3 CHOO CHOO

They always hype reveals of that kind on the previous' week episode. If it were character redesigns, they'd shown sillhouettes of them last week.

Granted, I was hoping for at LEAST character redesigns, but you what; I'm not even upset. Everything that proceeded this was worth it; and what we was show ALONE made me more hyped.

Next stop...E3 CHOO CHOO

The first batch of XY footage was beta. It's fine to show betas.

XDDDDD

I only bumped into the stream by coincidence a few mins before so I stayed and watch...I was trying to catch Gaim on-stream..but internet sucks...I'm kinda glad I did'nt stay watching this..I mean the info will come sooner or later for Pokemon with or without E3..I mean how many magazine scans do we get every game..

Next stop...E3 CHOO CHOO

The game is coming out in half a year.

If you don't have a working build of a game by now I don't think you're gonna make it kiddo

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait. Why is Groudon rising from the sea. Isn't he in a volcano

Groudon was found underwater in Ruby.

I believe the anime showed it walking in water just fine, so it's most likely not all that weak to it.

The game is coming out in half a year.

If you don't have a working build of a game by now I don't think you're gonna make it kiddo

Great, now I'm worried the game will just be a glitchy mess.

When Groudon shows up to wreck the environment, in both Ruby and Emerald, it's on a tiny little patch of land in the middle of the ocean.  The scene as shown is totally consistent with that.  Continent Pokemon, my eye.

Still, at least I've come away from this quite sure that we're dealing with Mega Evolutions here, and if Groudon and Kyogre, probably other Pokemon, too.  So that's something to look forward to.

That footage was basically Groudon/Kyogre rising from the Seafloor Cavern to activate their Drought/Drizzle abilities after they were awakened. I expected this to be presented in a cutscene this time around, and I'm happy that turns out to be the case.

....But this also means Groudon is not found in the Emerald Magma Hideout. Ah well. Considering these are remakes the original R/S, that was a bit expected too.

I get that, mind you. The whole 'not having a finished product to show with game coming out in 'x' time' deal.

I'm still optimistic The Pokemon Company will have SOMETHING to show over the next couple of weeks. 

Hell; they may just blast off with all sorts of info about these games over the next several days.

I'm still optimistic The Pokemon Company will have SOMETHING to show over the next couple of weeks.

The next couple of weeks is basically E3 then.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't watch the stream, but judging the reactions I think the event went something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT7W7Mc_W2A

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't watch the stream, but judging the reactions I think the event went something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT7W7Mc_W2A

no this is just my life in general

That's a bit disappointing. I wasn't expecting much, but I was hoping to see a few seconds of walking through Little Root or Petalburg to see how different it'll look to XY. Ah well.

The guy from Serebii.net said on NeoGAF, the western branches of Nintendo might upload something later since they've done that before after these shows or something.

Serebii was the place that said we were getting footage so I'll call bullshit til proven otherwise.

Serebii was the place that said we were getting footage so I'll call bullshit til proven otherwise.

Oh get a grip. Serebii was not the only place to report we'd be getting footage, and we did get footage. People all over the place were saying not to get too excited and that it would be minimal at best. It's your own fault if you over hyped it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh get a grip. Serebii was not the only place to report we'd be getting footage, and we did get footage. People all over the place were saying not to get too excited and that it would be minimal at best. It's your own fault if you over hyped it.

Basically, this is what I've been trying to say to everyone.

Don't be an asshole. People were excited, and rightfully so. This region is a fan favourite and brimming with nostalgia, so when you say "exclusive first footage" you expect more than ten seconds of Groudon and Kyogre from an unfinished opening movie. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Not like it really matters. CoroCoro comes out on the 15th, so it's likely we'll get proper footage soon enough.

So just wait until Wednesday at the least.

I do have a grip.

Serebii was the source I heard around here. If there were others I simply didn't hear of them.

And don't bullshit me, footage implies actual footage like walking around a town or something. If they thought it was nothing worth getting excited about, then it was fucking stupid for them to bring it up to begin with.

If I can say something, when it came to 'footage' yeah I thought it also mean with some form of gameplay. Sure I set myself up for disappointment with that, but I still marked for seeing Groudon and Kyorge there. 

Look, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I was expecting to see MORE of what we got in terms of 'footage', and that didn't happen. As far as actual gameplay is concerned, I'm still hopeful we'll get something real soon (and E3's not too far away from now so there's that). The Pokemon Company/Nintendo may very well upload some 30 second video of actual gameplay even sooner. 

There's CoroCoro, so getting new info in that is also plus.

So yes; I was excited before the 'reveal'. I was hyped. I LOVE Hoenn so I was hoping to see SOMETHING from it. In the end yes I was disappointed to a point with what was shown. But the whole zaniness of the show prior kinda made it up for me. I'm actually looking forward to actual gameplay/screenshots even MORE now; at least there was something there for me to keep my hype up.

Nintendo uploaded the footage:

So there =P

I do have a grip.

Serebii was the source I heard around here. If there were others I simply didn't hear of them.

And don't bullshit me, footage implies actual footage like walking around a town or something. If they thought it was nothing worth getting excited about, then it was fucking stupid for them to bring it up to begin with.

There was footage. No one promised anything else. Serebii is a Pokemon news site, so they reported that there'll be footage, because that's what they knew.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't be an asshole. People were excited, and rightfully so. This region is a fan favourite and brimming with nostalgia, so when you say "exclusive first footage" you expect more than ten seconds of Groudon and Kyogre from an unfinished opening movie. 

When there's literally years of precedence for this though, I mean... it's always someone's first "great reveal at PokéSunday", but I at least hope people learn their lesson for next time.

Isn't Corocoro coming out in like 2 days or so anyways? There's likely more stuff there.