Awoo.

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

Carbo

For those who say they're saving money, I'm not really seeing it since they're still going to use the Nokia Theater for the Smash tournament; which is bound to have typical E3 silliness to at least an extent. I really am getting the impression that they're doing the "Digital Event" to cut out the bullshit when it comes to game announcements.

While I liked Nintendo's video (something unique for the upcoming E3 as well!) I do not like Nintendo's approach on going Directs during E3.

E3 is all about live conferences from gaming publishers and console developers, this is traditional. There is this "charm" when I watch live conferences that I like...

Yes there is unnecessary dubstep, Usher and crew singing during a Xbox event, dry jokes and all that but let's not forget the live demos (which are the best part of the conference), the audience reactions, the stage presentations...this will all be missing in Nintendo Direct.

There will be live demos. So the best part of the conference for you will be there.

There'll be no reactions from the press audience, but you can still see the reactions of people commenting on the video. Though, I get that that might not be a good replacement. Personally, I prefer watching SSMB and GAF going completely insane to the clapping.

As for the presentation, we don't know what awaits us with the Digital Event. Maybe they'll do something more similar to the announcement video, maybe something like a ND or maybe basically a prerecorded press conference. We don't know yet.

Speaking of Nintendo Direct in E3, it is nothing..."special" about it compared to other Directs we have monthly. Except this E3 Direct introduce new games.

Nintendo Directs have introduced new games plenty of times. And we're not getting a ND for E3 and we also don't know what it'll be like.

When I discussed this with my college friends, they again think Nintendo copped out. That may not be true, but that's the message getting across.

Also last year was terrible for me. Absolutely terrible. One awesome thing about the live conferences is that if one feed (say GameTrailers) isn't working for me, at least I can switch to another one like IGN's which will work better for me.

For Nintendo, there's only one live stream for the Direct. ONE. Most likely UStream as well. When a million people try to connect to the same stream, it can lag terribly on my side and just ruin it for me. Then have no choice to avoid all gaming sites (can't join the SSMB conversation), Facebook and even turn off my phone (friends text me) until the Direct is up in Youtube or the UStream allows replays. And that pissed me off.

I certainly do not want that experience again. Otherwise I'll just ignore Nintendo Directs altogether throughout E3 in future.

Nintendo has also been using Twitch and You Tube for their latest Directs so they'll probably do the same for E3.

There will be live demos. So the best part of the conference for you will be there.

During the Digital Event or after? If after then it's not the same. Even Sony, Microsoft and others have playable demos for visitors to record straight after.

There'll be no reactions from the press audience, but you can still see the reactions of people commenting on the video. Though I get that that might not be a good replacement. Personally, I enjoy watching SSMB and GAF going completely insane to the clapping more.

Yeaaaah, not the same. Besides it wouldn't it be better if we have both? Sony and Microsoft will have both.

As for the presentation, we don't know what awaits us with the Digital Event. Maybe they'll do something more similar to the announcement video, maybe something like a ND or maybe basically a prerecorded press conference. We don't know yet.

Well fingers crossed then. I just don't want it like last year.

Nintendo Directs have introduced new games plenty of times. And we're not getting a ND for E3 and we also don't know hat it'll be like.

Wow. Okay, I skimread before, found this "Nintendo decided to forgo a traditional press conference and use a video – in that case a Nintendo Direct..." buuut yeah, I didn't see the "In 2013" before it. =/

Still I am skeptical. How will they make this different to the other Directs? But we'll see.

Nintendo has also been using Twitch and You Tube for their latest Directs so they'll probably do the same for E3.

Is the YouTube one a live stream? (YouTube Live?) Or it pops up after the live stream has been done? If the latter, then it's not an alternative.

I'll try Twitch though and see if it's any better. But I hope it copes with thousands upon thousands connect to the stream.

During the Digital Event or after? If after then it's not the same. Even Sony, Microsoft and others have playable demos for visitors to record straight after.

Well, the PR says:

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3

This year, Nintendo will offer fans a deeper look at Nintendo's biggest games of E3, with information directly from the source. The "Treehouse," the Product Development department at Nintendo of America, will provide in-depth game demos live and unscripted from Nintendo's booth. This new program will be live streamed during all hours of the E3 show. Fans can get settled in, open their browsers and experience the Nintendo games at E3 like never before.

So I'd assume after and possibly before.

Yeaaaah, not the same. Besides it wouldn't it be better if we have both? Sony and Microsoft will have both.

Well fingers crossed then. I just don't want it like last year.

Wow. Okay, I skimread before, found this "Nintendo decided to forgo a traditional press conference and use a video – in that case a Nintendo Direct..." buuut yeah, I didn't see the "In 2013" before it. =/

Still I am skeptical. How will they make this different to the other Directs? But we'll see.

The PR says it'll be a new kind of thing.

Nintendo Digital Event

Every year, Nintendo looks for the best way to show its games and share its news with fans, media and other key audiences. In 2013, Nintendo decided to forgo a traditional press conference and use a video – in that case a Nintendo Direct – to share its news from E3. The company is building on that approach at E3 2014 with the "Nintendo Digital Event," a new kind of video program that will reveal and provide further detail about the gaming experiences on the way for Nintendo platforms in 2014 and beyond. The Nintendo Digital Event will air at 9 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 10.

Is the YouTube one a live stream? (YouTube Live?) Or it pops up after the live stream has been done? If the latter, then it's not an alternative.

I'll try Twitch though and see if it's any better. But I hope it copes with thousands upon thousands connect to the stream.

YoutTube Live, I believe.

There are YouTube livestreams for the North American Directs; I remember having to dig around for that for the Direct before last as the EU stream was so choppy.  It's after that that they started introducing more non-UStream streaming options.  I really think they've got the message and that there will be plenty of ways to watch the Digital Event.

I believe the last direct I watched, the Smash Bros. one, was through YouTube Live. It ran a lot smoother than earlier Directs, I can tell you that.

I'm sorry, but beyond Discoid's argument that unless they pull in a Queen at Wimbledon no-one cares because of the spectacle, most other arguments here that it's bad there's no conference because "no audience reacting" really sound like "I miss this irrelevant thing".

We'll get all the info. The journos get all the info. There's still at least one huge event at the Nokia Theatre, not to mention the live demos.

What exactly is being lost here beyond the worst part of E3 every year? Instead of a tired audience watching a stage with people, it's a tired audience watching a screen. This is like arguing "Oh poo, what shame Citizen Kane was a film, theatre was the way to go!"

• Thumbs Up 3

After thinking about it, I'm actually quite glad Nintendo is doing another video conference. It's true you don't get all the audience's reactions (whether good or bad) but at least there won't be embarassing moments, cringeworthy acting and annoying filler like Microsoft's and Sony's. And I'm pretty sure Nintendo is going to make sure the stream is available everywhere, not just on Ustream like last year. This is going to be big!

If Nintendo makes the Digital stream available everywhere and also announce it way beforehand to let more people know about it and get hyped, it might end up better than last year's attempt. Hmmm, maybe even better than both live conferences this year from Sony and Microsoft? We'll see. ;D

• Thumbs Up 1

"Digital Event" seems to emphasize that this isn't some Nintendo Direct like last year. It almost sounds like it's gonna be everything an E3 presentation is but in video form. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm certainly expecting something like that. What's the three parts of an E3 presentation? IIRC, normally it's showing games, skits, and some business talk. They've been focusing on the skits lately, so surely that'll be in; games, kind of the point; just add a bit of a lull in the middle with Fils-a-Mech crunching numbers and we're set.

For Nintendo, there's only one live stream for the Direct. ONE. Most likely UStream as well. When a million people try to connect to the same stream, it can lag terribly on my side and just ruin it for me. Then have no choice to avoid all gaming sites (can't join the SSMB conversation), Facebook and even turn off my phone (friends text me) until the Direct is up in Youtube or the UStream allows replays. And that pissed me off.

I certainly do not want that experience again. Otherwise I'll just ignore Nintendo Directs altogether throughout E3 in future. 

Nintendo's using more than just UStream to stream their direct these days. They have more options for that situation.

Yeah, I've been relying on Youtube to watch the streams these days. And Twitch means I can watch the rest of it on my Wii U when I get off the computer.

• 1 month later...

With the E3 Sub-Forum opening, I might as well post my bingo card for Nintendo:

28vri87.jpg

Here's the template for people who want to make one themselves( I didn't make it):

ybLCWMw.png

I suppose I'll post mine too, which is far less exciting, very lazy and a bit cynical but I don't wanna get my hopes too high.

tumblr_n65454CqJq1tqe6hto1_1280.png

"Digital Event" seems to emphasize that this isn't some Nintendo Direct like last year. It almost sounds like it's gonna be everything an E3 presentation is but in video form. 

Please be Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto's Miis on a stage, with an audience of tuned-in Miis, watching a presentation of actual gameplay things and wotsits...

• Thumbs Up 3

Please be Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto's Miis on a stage, with an audience of tuned-in Miis, watching a presentation of actual gameplay things and wotsits...

If they did a segment in the style of Tomodachi Life complete with funny robotic voices I don't think I would be able to contain myself

I suppose I'll post mine too, which is far less exciting, very lazy and a bit cynical but I don't wanna get my hopes too high.

tumblr_n65454CqJq1tqe6hto1_1280.png

I feel like I should go into more detail on my card:

I tried to stay realistic-ish. Most of the games I put on there have already been announced. The only ones that haven't are Animal Crossing U, Majora's Mask 3D, Metroid 3DS and S.T.E.A.M .

AC is a successful franchise that has been on pretty much every platform since it started, so it seems likely it'll be on Wii U.

MM3D wouldn't cost much to make and will sell pretty well, so I expect that. Majora's Mask 3DS XL probably won't be there, actually. I think there will be one, but that'll probably be announced later. I think I should've had Pokkén there instead..

S.T.E.A.M was semi-recently trademarked by Nintendo, so it could go either way. (Also, before someone asks, the alien in the picture is just something I found off of Google. It's not from the game)

it's been a while since the last Metroid and I feel Nintendo has been kind of hinting at something from it.

Nintendo said they'd show off NFC things later in the year, I believe, so E3 makes sense for that.

Miyamoto's new IP, I dunno. Could be the NFC game, but I'm pretty sure they've said he's working on something new. Heck, S.T.E.A.M could be it.

They also talked about more 3rd Party collaborations and we've already seen a few. I can see them doing more.

DS VC has already been confirmed for Wii U. Might not be at E3, but who knows.

Fatal Frame U was recently announced in Japan. I don't think 4 made it to the states, but I can definitely see Nintendo bringing over this time, considering how the Wii U is in need for games and especially games that can do something special with the Gamepad.

Layton VS PW is still coming, so I expect there to be a bit on it. Capcom would be dumb not to bring the collection since it's already localized. Great Ace Attorney, there may be nothing hinting towards it, but after AA5 did well for them, I can see them bringing it over digitally. I think there'll be a section for these three games.

Bayonetta 2, X, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, Sonic Boom and Pokémon are all shoe-ins. Zelda U has been confirmed for E3. Yarn Yoshi and FE x SMT haven't, but it's been a while, so they should be far enough along.

Wii Sports  Club's retail release has already been confirmed for _Japan and I can't imagine it not coming to the west. I think they'll show off Baseball and Boxing and then announce that it'll be released at retail a month after those two sports.

I think there will definitely be an Indie Reel. A lot of games were confirmed in the past year, so they should show them off.

Nintendo is making E3 feel more open to the public. The loss of a conference is meaningless given everything would get reported either way.

I mean seriously, how many press outlets will go, "Roar! How dare they not give me exclusive info ahead of everyone else! Not reporting!!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's my list:

post-4713-0-30907200-1401646690_thumb.pn

I mixed already known announced titles, speculated titles and personal wishlist titles. I know some of them are really unlikely to pop up, but i will be happy with just one of them getting confirmation.

Here's my list:

attachicon.gifybLCWMw.png

I mixed already known announced titles, speculated titles and personal wishlist titles. I know some of them are really unlikely to pop up, but i will be happy with just one of them getting confirmation.

>golden sun

dude you're gonna make me cry :(

• Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 is a new way to bring Nintendo fans closer to E3 than ever before. During all hours of E3 – which runs from June 10 to June 12 – members of the Treehouse, Nintendo of America’s Product Development division, will be live-streaming a wide variety of game demos directly from the show floor. 

Fans will be getting an unprecedented look at all the E3 games Nintendo has to offer. Instead of reading a short tweet or catching a gameplay trailer, fans can watch live as members of the Treehouse give in-depth gameplay demos of new and previously unannounced titles. There will also be special guest appearances from developers who will provide in-depth game commentary, including an appearance by Shigeru Miyamoto on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 10th.

Keep your browser open to Twitch.tv/Nintendo beginning June 10th to make sure you don’t miss a minute of Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3, and follow @NintendoAmerica on Twitter for announcements about special guests, programming schedules and live updates.

Treehouse Live will broadcast: 

Tuesday, June 10: 11:35 AM PT – 4:00 PM PT

Wednesday, June 11: 9:15 AM PT – 6:00 PM PT

Thursday, June 12: 9:30 AM PT – 5:00 PM PT

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=229637

I wasn't planning on watching Nintendo Treehouse, but knowing that there's a lot of great interviews and stuff I m thinking of giving it a watch now. Sounds great!

9yW5Bf0l.jpg

Here is the whole poster to the event. It seems like this will be something that goes on throughout the whole of E3. That actually may be the one big benefit of this event, Nintendo can keep it up throughout all of E3 instead of in one show.