Awoo.

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

Carbo

I have a tense feeling about Nintendo's conference. Just, that it's not going to be anything amazing. Just sort of standard.

Yeah, at this point to be honest I'm not expecting the best thing ever either. I just hope there's something good that isn't just Zelda U.

What about Yarn Yoshi, X and SMTxFE? There's still plenty of games we haven't heard about for ages and should be coming out late this year or early 2015 that will surely be talked about in Nintendo's stream tomorrow. And we may get some surprises as well like a new Metroid or Starfox. Not sure about F-Zero, but the former two are quite likely to pop up.

Considering how much they're hyping this up, how much info they're planning on giving (All day streams for three days straight!) and how different it looks from the usual Nintendo Direct, I should hope this will be at least interesting.

F-Zero would be fantastic, but not right now please. MK8 just came out. Maybe next year?

I highly doubt any announced games this E3 would be coming out this year. We're already stacking it with Bayonetta, X, Zelda, and Smash Bros. It would most likely come out next year.

Things that are practically guaranteed to be in the Digital Event tomorrow are:

- Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS (release date, new characters, a few bits of info)

- Hyrule Warriors (release date, new trailer)

- Bayonetta 2 (release date, new trailer)

- X (final name, release date, new trailer)

- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal (new trailer)

- Mario Kart 8 DLC

- The Legend of Zelda Wii U

- NFC game(s)

Yarn Yoshi would be nice too but I wouldn't say it's a definite. Anything else will be unknown, basically.

The main thing I'm worried about is the length of the broadcast. Nintendo's E3 Direct last year was only 40 minutes, and if a good chunk of that is spent talking about games we already know about, it's not going to leave much time for any megatons. I'm guessing Zelda and the NFC stuff will be the "big" games in this year's presentation - but then again because we know they're coming, they could easily spin that on its head and open with them to get them out of the way early. Depends on if they have any shockers lined up - hopefully they'll have at least one.

I really think this E3 for Nintendo would be a massive waste if they talked about games that have been in their presentations since last year. 40 minutes is way too short to blow on already elaborated-upon titles.

My current list of expected things:

- Super Smash Wii U / 3DS (final release date, final CGI trailer, that's it)

- Legend of Zelda U

- Yarn Yoshi

- Pokken Fighters

- NFC Game (probably Miyamoto's game)

- Surprise title or two

I'd imagine Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and X would get mentions and acknowledgements (and most likely playable builds on the floor), but they've already featured complete trailers or had time taken out for them to have information given. We don't really need to know much about Pokemon OR/AS since it's a set of remakes and Pokemon game flow usually comes off-kilter with everything else, and yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's the unannounced 3DS game, too.

Derp, yeah I forgot about that :lol: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will probably get a bit of spotlight too.

Damn I really hope this is at least an hour long presentation. Too much Nintendo goodness to squeeze in, and that's without any new announcements.

The main thing I'm worried about is the length of the broadcast. Nintendo's E3 Direct last year was only 40 minutes, and if a good chunk of that is spent talking about games we already know about, it's not going to leave much time for any megatons. I'm guessing Zelda and the NFC stuff will be the "big" games in this year's presentation - but then again because we know they're coming, they could easily spin that on its head and open with them to get them out of the way early. Depends on if they have any shockers lined up - hopefully they'll have at least one.

That's always been one of Nintendo's problems. The Zelda game unveiled will be a surprise game to most people, but because of Nintendo's daft strategy of 'announcing' games are in development before they're ready, this won't be a surprise announcement to the hardcore fans. Basically, I'm saying this is supposed to be all-new game announcement, but to the hardcore it won't be and thus will lose some of its impact, though we'll have expected one at some point anyway.

Even if Nintendo hadn't said anything gamers would know they're making a new Zelda and many would predict it being at this E3.

Wasn't the presentation going to be an hour and a half? I think I read that somewhere, or it could just be a rumour. .-.

Even if Nintendo hadn't said anything gamers would know they're making a new Zelda and many would predict it being at this E3.

That's why I quickly edited in that last sentence tongue.png Anyway, I just meant that it would technically still be a proper surprise game, rather than an 100% sure thing we know is happening at this E3 and people wouldn't complain about lack of new and unknown announcements.

Wasn't the presentation going to be an hour and a half? I think I read that somewhere, or it could just be a rumour. .-.

That's the Smash Bros. Roundtable Q&A.

I really think this E3 for Nintendo would be a massive waste if they talked about games that have been in their presentations since last year. 40 minutes is way too short to blow on already elaborated-upon titles.

My current list of expected things:

- Super Smash Wii U / 3DS (final release date, final CGI trailer, that's it)

- Legend of Zelda U

- Yarn Yoshi

- Pokken Fighters

- NFC Game (probably Miyamoto's game)

- Surprise title or two

I'd imagine Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and X would get mentions and acknowledgements (and most likely playable builds on the floor), but they've already featured complete trailers or had time taken out for them to have information given. We don't really need to know much about Pokemon OR/AS since it's a set of remakes and Pokemon game flow usually comes off-kilter with everything else, and yeah.

This is pretty much what I'm expecting as well, though I have a feeling Pokken will be a Wii-u title made by Namco, it fits into the traditional spinoff MO for Nintendo for the past 2 gens 

Though I think we may get another collab or two

I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR ZELDA WIIU I'M GOING TO BE REALLY SAD IF THEY DON'T ANNOUNCE IT, AS UNLIKELY AS THAT IS.

This is the only press conference I'm REALLY excited for/care about. It feels like gamer Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 1

The interesting thing about Nintendo's Digital Event in about 11 hours is that it'll be followed up by the Nintendo Minute Live show, which is said to recap the whole thing with even more information. I have a feeling that the Digital Event is gonna focus on nothing but trailers and brief factoids, in a highly-condensed showcase.

In any event, though, I've been rarely been let down by the Directs, and considering what Nintendo is showing is explicitly labelled something different, I have a feeling they're gonna tweak the presentation somewhat as well.

I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR ZELDA WIIU I'M GOING TO BE REALLY SAD IF THEY DON'T ANNOUNCE IT, AS UNLIKELY AS THAT IS.

This is the only press conference I'm REALLY excited for/care about. It feels like gamer Christmas.

They were ready to show off Zelda Wii U LAST YEAR. They just decided not to. So yeah, we're definitely getting it this year.

The 3DS release schedule feels like it's starting to run quite dry, speaking as a 3DS owner.  I'm hoping they'll be able to stump up something interesting for that.  Mainly I just want to be surprised, though.  New information on things we already know about would be cool, but comparatively predictable.

I jolly well hope it'll be longer than half an hour, though.

It can't be a half hour long, no way. Their Direct last year was an hour long so surely this one won't be suddenly cut down. If it turns out to be true I'm going to be very upset.

• Thumbs Up 1

It won't be just half an hour long, the same source used the same estimate last year.

I'd honestly prefer if Nintendo announced a new F-Zero.

di-TJD5.gif

If they could do this on the Gamecube, I'd be pretty hyped up for what they could do on the Wii U.

I wouldn't mind a new F-Zero since WipEout ain't being made anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't mind a new F-Zero since WipEout ain't being made anymore.

Yeah, there pretty much aren't any good sci-fi racers in development these days. Nintendo could resurrect F-Zero, but the series has traditionally sold poorly, so it would need some way to get people buying it in large numbers to make the effort worthwhile. Its inclusion in Nintendoland might have been to gauge reactions to it, or not.