Awoo.

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

Carbo

It's not a half hour long. Nico Nico rounds the timeslot down. Same thing happened for the Smash Direct and that ended up being longer. Last year's event was also 42 minutes long, most likely this will be the case here.

Also, Nintendo's much revered 2010 conference was one hour and ten minutes long on average, and at least 30 minutes during that was spent on live game play demos. You know, the stuff we'll be seeing on the Treehouse instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good.  I was thinking that forty to forty-five minutes was more in line with my hopes.

Yeah, there pretty much aren't any good sci-fi racers in development these days. Nintendo could resurrect F-Zero, but the series has traditionally sold poorly, so it would need some way to get people buying it in large numbers to make the effort worthwhile. Its inclusion in Nintendoland might have been to gauge reactions to it, or not.

Wasn't a sequel to fast racing league confirmed a while ago? I think thats a new sci-fi racer.

For those interesting in live commentary, Swashbuckling Console War Regiment Musketeers will be doing live reactions during the Nintendo E3 show in which this should take place. Guest commentators via Skype are welcome.

The guys at Clash Tournament will also be providing a look at the Smash Invitiational later today.

You guys are going to have to help me catch up this afternoon, I gotta head out in an hour and won't be back till 2:30-ish :( going to try and catch the digital event first though

I posted this earlier in the status updates but I'm convinced the exclusive will be Devil's Third.

A bit of a rumor circulated a while ago that it was heading to Wii U. Itagaki has been insistent on the game launching 2014, and despite this no one has stepped up for the claim yet. If it is indeed launching 2014 and no publisher so far has made mention of it this E3, then Nintendo are the only ones left to take the cake.

Would be a big gain for them.

Pardon my barbaric use of Internet memes, but this is me right now:

50690018.jpg

On the bright side, I'll be working at a job I actually like, so it's a fair trade-off.

Here's hoping y'all get the ride of your lives!

I posted this earlier in the status updates but I'm convinced the exclusive will be Devil's Third.

A bit of a rumor circulated a while ago that it was heading to Wii U. Itagaki has been insistent on the game launching 2014, and despite this no one has stepped up for the claim yet. If it is indeed launching 2014 and no publisher so far has made mention of it this E3, then Nintendo are the only ones left to take the cake.

Would be a big gain for them.

What is this Devil's Third? though doesn't really sound like something I would play

Also really hoping Pokken Fighters is a Pokémon fighting game in classic one on one(or tag team) style on wii-u made by Namco, that could be sweet, and oddly enough one of the few genres they have not done a spinoff for Nintendo in

So I saw (in status updates) that there was an accidental leak by TIME magazine...and it was about a certain Miyamoto IP that everyone wants to see again.

This...is very exciting. Oh. My. God. Bring it on Nintendo.

Leaked image of said game:

I'M WARNING YOU

g7SZ1jal.jpg

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU WANT IT TO BE A SURPRISE. 

I'm SERIOUS.

Yeah, here it is

Put in spoilers if anyone wants to be surprised

starfox-miyamoto.jpg?w=500

Description: And the third project? A game Nintendo fans have been waiting for a very long time to see: Star Fox is back, only reimagined on the Wii U using Miyamoto’s new GamePad-based controls — controls that’ll ask of players things they’ve never had to do before in a video game. Whether they’ll come willing or balk remains to be seen, but Miyamoto is convinced he’s on to a control scheme that’s not only novel, but with practice, indispensable.

In his new version of Star Fox — still fundamentally a spaceship-based shooter — players now use the GamePad’s motion controls to aim and fire the Arwing’s weapons, simultaneously controlling the nimble craft itself by thumbing the joysticks to accelerate or turn and pull off signature moves like barrel rolls, loops and the tactically essential Immelman turn. And you can still morph your Arwing into a land tank, rocketing down to the surface of a planet, then rattling around the battlefield and laying waste to the landscape.

Sounds interesting. Get hyped.

Well looks like everyone's aware - Time Magazine fucked up and posted an article about Miyamoto's new projects, one which includes a Star Fox game.

Just to note - the game doesn't look like it's a big budget game. Miyamoto described the project and compared it to "Star Fox transitioning from a 'movie-based' series to a 'TV based' series". We'll have to wait for E3 for the deets but it sounds like Star Fox might become a large, episodical series of sorts. Interesting.

I trust Miyamoto's game design sensibilities so this should be interesting to see.

Yeah, here it is

Put in spoilers if anyone wants to be surprised

Sounds interesting. Get hyped.

They brought back the Arwing transformations from StarFox 2?! sweet, wonder if anything else is coming back

Yeah no I'm definitely not clicking on those spoilers, even though I want to real badly. DX I'm just going to patiently wait for the epic reveal in Nintendo's stream.

It's an image and a short description, you can hold out for an hour. smile.png

Still though...

0162_ar7nh.gif

They dropped it a bit early!

Haven't you heard...?

Use bombs wisely?

Any links to streams? I'm getting anxious, and seeing these unopened spoilers is murdering me.

Never been in interested in this series and I'm still not, but wow that's pretty big news. I can honestly say I didn't expect it.

Any links to streams? I'm getting anxious, and seeing these unopened spoilers is murdering me.

We have a pinned topic linking to various streams.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy crap.

If it is an episodic series, good on them, because that's exactly what I would've done with it. We need more non-adventure game episodic games.

I haven't read the interview or seen the screen for long but

It looks like a cutpaste of StarFox 64 lol. I really hope that's just an early version because it looks ugly as hell, is using Falco's art from a 17 year old game, and his quote from a 17 year old game. That is really hard to be excited about.

So I still hope it's fake, even though I guess it isn't. Sucks that it was leaked too, totally ruins the magnitude a surprise would create lol.

Huh, interesting.

Wouldn't be a huge game-changer though.

Aye. It's very much standard Nintendo, and is pretty niche in the big scope to boot. If this is the biggest news of the event for Nintendo, chalk it up as a disappointment. But that's jumping the gun for now.

To be fair, though, it's going to have a different impact on different people. Those who've wanted a proper _________ entry are obviously going to treat this as a huge bomb, while those who are not really into said series are going to not care as much and feel disappointed. Such as when Super Mario 3D World was unveiled, it wasn't necessarily met with universal praise and hype until much later. But for some of us, it was an instant dream come true.

So it's a bit more subjective than that, I'd say.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is so close that my eyes are popping out , my only hope is that no lags will disturb Nintendo's presentation.