Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

And it's only gonna give Flanders more ammo. Reminds me of the time someone tried to make a SatAM fan animation, and the death threats scared him off.

It wasn't just death threats if that's the fan animation I'm thinking of; It looked crappy, sounded crappy and it was so bad it was hilarious. I think he was scared of continuing with that animation because of the negativity, I doubt it was just the death threats.

Anyway death threats in general are horrible so even someone like Ken Penders doesn't deserve them.

• Thumbs Up 7

I do think that whoever was/is sending Ken death threats needs to stop, if he is telling the truth on that. It's never acceptable to do that, never. Even if he is a self-righteous low life.

Oh for the love of...

What is wrong with people?! Comic book characters, least of all Sonic characters, are really not worth getting this upset about. He's a hack burnout writer, his career is effectively dead, let him crash and burn over his crusade, that's enough and exactly what he deserves. Cripes, I outright hate the guy and even I think he isn't deserving of that kind of harassment. Criticism and ridicule? Absolutely. Harassment and death threats? No.

...Is it wrong that I'm kind of skeptical of the claim he's gotten death threats?

I mean, I'm not saying he absolutely didn't, I think I'm just kind of slow to believe anything out of his mouth at this point. 

Ditto. 

This falls under the category 'wouldn't surprise me if it was true, but I need more than his word'. 

Particularly since I'm fairly certain that he would have said something about this sooner, if he had been threatened. He's not exactly one to keep quiet about stuff, and if anything would help him look like he's being victimized by the fandom, this would be it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

...Is it wrong that I'm kind of skeptical of the claim he's gotten death threats?

I mean, I'm not saying he absolutely didn't, I think I'm just kind of slow to believe anything out of his mouth at this point. 

Meh, some fans are a bit more extreme than others. Particularly certain Sonic ones.

I can definitely see it happening. Though, Kenders has a bit of a habit of overselling.

Oh for the love of...

What is wrong with people?! Comic book characters, least of all Sonic characters, are really not worth getting this upset about. He's a hack burnout writer, his career is effectively dead, let him crash and burn over his crusade, that's enough and exactly what he deserves. Cripes, I outright hate the guy and even I think he isn't deserving of that kind of harassment. Criticism and ridicule? Absolutely. Harassment and death threats? No.

Not trying to justify it, because it is definitely wrong to issue death threats over a comic book. But I'd wager that it's Pender's insane troll logic which seems to be the major irritant to whoever it issuing those threats to that point.

Well considering the trailer looks awful and would been made by his crap production company named Floating Island Productions (Which btw has never to my knowledge actually put out any film work), the effects and camera work in it more or less makes It something like you'd see in Be Kind Rewind, you know those films that the two main characters Mike and Jerry make in about 2 or 3 hours?

Was that really a movie trailer? It looks more like a proof of concept trailer to me.

Was that really a movie trailer? It looks more like a proof of concept trailer to me.

Proof of concept, film trailer... whatever it was, the main point is that Penders tried to use it to convince SEGA of why he should do a film for them (this after he ha left Archie). That he thought something so patently awful could ever convince ANY major company of something like is not only baffling, but the quality of his presentation was just inexecusably low grade for an intended professional work. 

Proof of concept, film trailer... whatever it was, the main point is that Penders tried to use it to convince SEGA of why he should do a film for them (this after he ha left Archie). That he thought something so patently awful could ever convince ANY major company of something like is not only baffling, but the quality of his presentation was just inexecusably low grade for an intended professional work. 

And to make it worse, it caused Sega to slam the door in Ben Hurst's face, as they assumed he was associated with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not trying to justify it, because it is definitely wrong to issue death threats over a comic book. But I'd wager that it's Pender's insane troll logic which seems to be the major irritant to whoever it issuing those threats to that point.

Well, yeah, I'm not going to pretend that Penders and his brand of crazy couldn't get under people's skin (because it certainly pisses me off), but I just can't understand why anybody would react in that extreme. I dunno, I expect the man to get his comeuppance in the form of his career blowing up in his face, because after all this, especially the Knuckles thing, he definitely deserves that. And, really, this sort of thing doesn't make our side look any better than the looney behavior from Penders and his lapdogs.

Jenders has a way of twisting people's words to make them say things they're not, as well as sharing half truths.

So on one hand, I can see him giving the impression that it was worse than it was.

On the other hand, he's made a lot of people upset, and not everyone is entirely stable, so I can see someone threatening him.

Regardless of which is the truth, death threats aren't cool and should not be tolerated. But I don't see anyone here saying that was a good idea, so I guess it goes without saying.

And to make it worse, it caused Sega to slam the door in Ben Hurst's face, as they assumed he was associated with it.

Well actually that's a misconception; this is from AFTER Ken Penders left Archie. The incident with Hurst occurred earlier than that, for it was back when he was still on the comic. 

That said, I can't imagine whatever he did back then being that much better. 

I both look forward to & fear finally seeing the cover of this train-wreck. XD

Predicting terrible broken glass effect like the one in his banner image. And more use of black in his shading.

More news about SDCC

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/488036698224209920

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/488036942462726144

Sounds to me that the thread needs a title update.

It's gonna be funny to see this though. FL Super-Con sounded like a small thing. SDCC? This is the big leagues along the lines with Archie and DC and Marvel. So I seriously doubt he's going to get much attention. I mean given what some artists and writers would be at Comic Con, He'd be lucky not to get laughed out of there when he tries to call his writing better than Ian's or others.

Soo wait, he MIGHT have the cover done for Comicon? He *might* have THAT much done by the time of Comicon? 

Good grief. All that effort he went into making this a thing, and so little to show for it. It's pathetic. 

Where is this man pulling funding from? How does he have the means to do this kind of thing? Honestly I'm just really shocked to see that somehow this man has so much money for multiple trips and booths, not to mention any expenses while he's out...

I'm kind of hoping he hasn't gotten some kind of huge loan somehow because then he really is...well, fucked. Look at this thing, it's not going to be a success. On one hand, I think he deserves it, but on the other hand I know how it feels to have almost nothing to eat.

One theory I've heard is that he's receiving funding from friends; he's mentioned being buddies with Elliot S. Maggin, a fairly big figure in the Creator's Rights movement (and sadly, the kind of guy who wholesale dismissed complaints about Ken's inappropriate use of that holocaust poem, citing his own Jewishness as a reason not to be offended... to the Jewish individuals who complained). Some think he and others in that movement might be funding him, and if not them, then some other friend or family member with cash to spare. 

That would make sense I guess, but I still can't wrap my head around all the expenses! These people are surely wealthy...

Though I honestly predict that once TLSC is out it's going to crash and burn and he's not gonna be able to deny it any longer. I really do feel bad for that sorry slime ball...

Well, Looks like we'll all be getting either huge laughs or nightmare fuel come SDCC

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/488008294426869760

Alright everyone, step right up and place your bets now! Will this cover feature;

1. A generic shot that tells us jack squat about the story.

2. More bikinis.

3. Not-Knuckles front and center, probably bigger than Lara-Su.

4. A photo background.

5. All of the above.

My money's on 1 and 3. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Though I honestly predict that once TLSC is out it's going to crash and burn and he's not gonna be able to deny it any longer.

Doubt it. He'd deny it until he's old, withered, and on his death bed. Then ask someone to write about his successes on his grave stone.

I really do feel bad for that sorry slime ball...

I honestly can't feel sorry for him. He's been warned and told time and time again by multiple people. If he hasn't gotten the hint by this point, then there's no reason to feel sorry. All the room was lit, signs were created, if he still fell in the trap, it's his fault.

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree, actually...there goes my pity, right out the window! Sorry Penders.

Is it mean that I'm kind of anticipating whatever gross things he MIGHT possibly show off at SDCC?