Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

"I just bought it for Ian's parts"

-sarcasm start- Oh no no, you have to keep in mind that Ken's parts is the most awesome brilliant storytelling put on paper -sarcasm end-

You know, wacky crazy idea but perhaps, you know, perhaps, people bought them because they saw Sonic,Knuckles,Shadow, and Silver on the cover! -start sarcasm- Ya know, It's really really weird how I don't see Julie-Su in a swimsuit beside a pool or Lara-Su trying to look cool on the cover because clearly, they are the most important Sonic characters created -end sarcasm-

• Thumbs Up 4

Kens Logic is Flawless! XD

Seriously though.....I'm not sure if he even believes what he says anymore or if he just gets kicks trolling Archie Sonic fans on Twitter.

I mean no ones that delusional...right?

..... Aww, who am I kidding Tenders is totally that delusional. *sigh*

• Thumbs Up 3

Um, I would think people bought that for Sonic, but OK, Penders. Whatever you say.

It's cute how he claims Sonic can't get along without him when he's busy riding the series' coattails.

Kens Logic is Flawless! XD

Seriously though.....I'm not sure if he even believes what he says anymore or if he just gets kicks trolling Archie Sonic fans on Twitter.

I mean no ones that delusional...right?

..... Aww, who am I kidding Tenders is totally that delusional. *sigh*

Well if "Totally Not Knuckles" is any indication...

Well considering Old Kenny Boy believes he is the savior of the series, of course he thinks Sonic is just awful without him. The truth being Sonic did far better without Kenny and Ken just can't accept that the reality is that he can't even come up with a original idea so instead he went back, took characters created for being secondary characters in a licensed book, ruined a fantastic universe and caused the entire thing to have to be recreated from the ground up. All so we can see a digusting bunch of redesigned ripoffs lead by Lara-Su running around trying to look sexy in a bikini and so he can probably make some disgusting, distasteful sex scenes in a  horrible book that is filled with what was child friendly characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I enjoy that he thinks selling out of the archives means LSC will be a success. How about those prints, Ken? How did they sell? How did anything without "SONIC" stamped out on the top sell?

Oh, also, someone on an image board claimed to of had a little chat with Ken at the con. Take it with a grain of salt since I know we've had a previous questionable account, but I think it sounds really reasonable:

"I was there. A kid no older than 10 ask if that was Sonic stuff. "It's better" was the answer given and the kid just look at him like he was stupid and said "no it's not" and just walk off. Pen just laugh at it and went "kids" but I swear you could see his eyes go dim from the pain of the situation."

After someone asked if anything further happened, the poster continued:

"Not much to elaborate on I walk up to his booth and talk to him a little on everything. I commented on how the booth across from him was pretty busy he claimed it was "PR" of the situation. He thinks he can "win back" sonic comic fans that are hating on him now. He also feels that his work will be a cult classic no mater how it sells. The kid came (number code for previous post here, I edited it out) happen he didn't seem as chatty after that and so I just said goodbye."

It might be evil of me but I honestly hope that Ken gets a wakeup call that things aren't going exactly perfect for him. Also his thinking that he can 'win back' people is, at this point, ridiculous.

Well considering Old Kenny Boy believes he is the savior of the series, of course he thinks Sonic is just awful without him. The truth being Sonic did far better without Kenny and Ken just can't accept that the reality is that he can't even come up with a original idea so instead he went back, took characters created for being secondary characters in a licensed book, ruined a fantastic universe and caused the entire thing to have to be recreated from the ground up. All so we can see a digusting bunch of redesigned ripoffs lead by Lara-Su running around trying to look sexy in a bikini and so he can probably make some disgusting, distasteful sex scenes in a  horrible book that is filled with what was child friendly characters.

I severly doubt the sex scenes will be graphic. Odds are they'll be fade to black.

Edited by Verb & Noun
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oh man. He seriously believes his work is better than Sonic and that he will win the Sonic fans back. He doesn't have a chance. Everything that he has shown just shows he is doing the same crappy work he did all the way back during the 90's. With boring character interaction, horrible artwork, information being shouted out in the load fills in the conversations and finally a shit ton of padding. He nearly ruined a fan favourite comic just to have this and he thinks he'll win those fans over to him? I'm sorry but that kid is right. Ken will never be as good as the Sonic comic as it is now. Ian still managed to make a interesting story out of the comic despite Ken gutting the comic universe of It's canon and the fact that Ian managed to still make a interesting story out of that clearly shows him as a brilliant writer. Something Ken isn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

In a way it's kind of sad to watch an individual spiral further down into their own madness & delusions... But at the same time, can't really feel sorry for Ken as he is constantly digging his own grave deeper & deeper.... The sad thing is, as delusional and stubborn as he is, even when this thing crashes & burns, I doubt he'll admit to his failure. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

The Lost Ones only lasted for one issue and someone here said that it only sold around 4000 issues so that crashed and burned faster than Superman can fly but yet he still calls that a success.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Lost Ones only lasted for one issue and someone here said that it only sold around 4000 issues so that crashed and burned faster than Superman can fly but yet he still calls that a success.

Really? 4000? Wow that still counts as crash and burn?

• Thumbs Up 1

4000? And he calls it a best selling comic and worthy of a movie?

Counting his chickens before they hatch is something that goes back a long time for good ol Ven Genders.

I'm also amused at him thinking this is at least garunteed to be a cult classic. You don't get to call something a cult classic, it's something that happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this was back in the 90's. I'm not really sure but I know It did bomb and that Image cancelled the comic after one issue yet he still considers It a smash hit success. It might have sold less, I'm not sure, I'm sure It was mentioned in this thread and that It was a low number.

4000? And he calls it a best selling comic and worthy of a movie?

Counting his chickens before they hatch is something that goes back a long time for good ol Ven Genders.

I'm also amused at him thinking this is at least garunteed to be a cult classic. You don't get to call something a cult classic, it's something that happens.

Well considering the trailer looks awful and would been made by his crap production company named Floating Island Productions (Which btw has never to my knowledge actually put out any film work), the effects and camera work in it more or less makes It something like you'd see in Be Kind Rewind, you know those films that the two main characters Mike and Jerry make in about 2 or 3 hours?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this was back in the 90's. I'm not really sure but I know It did bomb and that Image cancelled the comic after one issue yet he still considers It a smash hit success. It might have sold less, I'm not sure, I'm sure It was mentioned in this thread and that It was a low number.

Well considering the trailer looks awful and would been made by his crap production company named Floating Island Productions (Which btw has never to my knowledge actually put out any film work), the effects and camera work in it more or less makes It something like you'd see in Be Kind Rewind, you know those films that the two main characters Mike and Jerry make in about 2 or 3 hours?

The reason Floating Island Productions hasn't put anything out is because it belongs to Pen Tenders. It literally exists solely for his projects and has basically no funding.

Just now noticed that yes you know the company belongs to him.

I'm not even sure it's actually a company rather than a name he parades around claiming to be a company.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know that. The problem is that his projects are awful and along with that the film work and effects and just everything screams crappy and lazy. I mean his logo looks like it's horrible and very noticeable photoshop effects to the point that the picture of the island has a white outline, making it look like It was taken straight from a random picture on Google Images.

Well, maybe two issues if SSS#7, the Sonic/Image crossover, counts. That sold a decent number of units (I wanna say it was around 9000), but that's more because of the novelty, since, in reality, it's a really, really boring comic. I don't know how Penders can take the concept of a crossover, even one as wild and out there as Sonic meets Image, and make it into the most tedious and painful read to ever see print, but he did.

Really? 4000? Wow that still counts as crash and burn?

By comic sales standards, it's not much from what I understand. While Penders lays blame at Image for cutting the book short, those numbers just weren't promising enough for it to be worth keeping on their roster (other titles also got hit by the cutback from what I understand, and it had to be because they weren't selling well, which is just how it is). I imagine Penders's poor treatment of the Image-verse in the Sonic/Image crossover didn't help things either...

On top of the idea of Dr.Droid being Eggman being a completely idiotic idea in of itself, I figured out another issue with it. Dr.Droid would still be a Image character meaning that reprints of issues that feature them would be next to impossible because both Image and Archie would need to agree to allowing them to be reprinted. On top of that, Image could have even attempted to do something since from the sounds of it, Ken was going to put Dr.Droid into the Sonic comic without their permission. I mean isn't that the reason the Image crossover isn't reprinted? Because of the use of those Lost Ones characters?

On top of the idea of Dr.Droid being Eggman being a completely idiotic idea in of itself, I figured out another issue with it. Dr.Droid would still be a Image character meaning that reprints of issues that feature them would be next to impossible because both Image and Archie would need to agree to allowing them to be reprinted. On top of that, Image could have even attempted to do something since from the sounds of it, Ken was going to put Dr.Droid into the Sonic comic without their permission. I mean isn't that the reason the Image crossover isn't reprinted? Because of the use of those Lost Ones characters?

All Image works are property of their respective creators, it's what that publisher is built on, so technically Penders wouldn't have been in trouble with them (unless he starts trying to use other people's characters, which doesn't seem unheard of for him, now). Whether SEGA would've let that fly without being allowed ownership of whatever Penders wanted to shoehorn in (which was why Archie could make the book in the first place and up until recently they did own everything in that book) is another issue altogether. Even as hands-off as SEGA and Archie's editorial once were, I don't think they'd have allowed Droid to come into the book because of his ownership. They would have probably just said "make it Eggman."

Does anyone expect Sega to try and sue Penders for Not-Knuckles? I'd like to see them try but honestly after seeing Penders win the court case over 'his' characters I honestly don't know if Sega will even bother.

I don't know if they will bother yet.

they will probably wait to see if he makes any money, and if he does they may sweep in with a C&D or possibly sue him for making money off of their property and demand that he redesign the character or cease production full stop.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I'd say It's a strong possibility, As I already said, some could confused What The Fuckles for Knuckles and believe Sega had something to do with this terrible book resulting in them getting a bad name. Along with that, If the case over Sonic Chronicles is still going, It wouldn't look good for Penders if he went and ripped off a Sega design when he claims Sega ripped off The Dark Legion (Despite the fact that there is big differences between the two,)

Well I'd say It's a strong possibility, As I already said, some could confused What The Fuckles for Knuckles and believe Sega had something to do with this terrible book resulting in them getting a bad name. Along with that, If the case over Sonic Chronicles is still going, It wouldn't look good for Penders if he went and ripped off a Sega design when he claims Sega ripped off The Dark Legion (Despite the fact that there is big differences between the two,)

IS the case still ongoing? Last I heard it was thrown out of court and Ken said he would still be persuing it, but I haven't seen any action since then with some people citing the statue of limitations as a reason why it -can't- continue. Am I out of the loop?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if the case is still on going. But if it is still going on, It would give Sega some ammo against him.

IS the case still ongoing? Last I heard it was thrown out of court and Ken said he would still be persuing it, but I haven't seen any action since then with some people citing the statue of limitations as a reason why it -can't- continue. Am I out of the loop?

Same, I thought it was thrown out because he couldn't get anything from the sales or anything of that nature since it had been quite a few years after the game was released. I don't think I've heard anything regarding it since its dismissal. I know FuhrerMustang and people like him were stirring shit about how it wasn't over and that Penders had grounds to sue over Mega Collection and other nonsense, but I thought all that was buried.

I would hope someone in SEGA's legal department is aware of what Penders is doing right now; his work is still dangerously close to their own character and is easily confused for him, and when you consider he was selling mostly Sonic stuff at his booth, it's clear he wants to claim a connection despite constantly talking about how it all stands on its own and doesn't need Sonic as badly as Sonic needs him (ha!). I imagine they'll go after him if, by some miracle, LSC takes off (though he should've been hit with a C&D by now just because of "Totally Not Knuckles").

As I said above, I don't know if it is ongoing. I said If it was, Sega would have something to use against him.

Even at that, I think Sega should still probably be stepping in considering Penders didn't do as they asked in terms of the whole ''stay away from Sonic style'' thing.

I was asking if anyone knew. Previously, I did misread you on something so I edited my post, but on that I got that you didn't know- I was asking if anyone else did.

General consensus looks like there's nothing currently active.