Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I think SEGA will definitely wait until Penders actually releases his crappy comic. Once he does, and he's somehow making money off of it or people confuse the comic for being SEGA related (especially with Knuc--oh sorry, Praetorian on the front cover), that's when SEGA steps in and hopefully C&D his ass.

• Thumbs Up 7

I figure that to be the case as well. Either his idiot project fails and fails miserably, or he scrapes by enough to make what might be considered a profit and thus paints a target on himself, but one way or the other, SEGA is going to witness this man's ruination. 

Also, on his twitter, he seems to be claiming that the presence of Sonic, Shadow and Silver were NOT draws to buy the Super SPecial Magazine, but the cliffhanger ending of 144  and Lara-Su DEFINITELY was... evidently, Kenny boy can read the minds of people and decipher their motives for buying stuff.

Somebody call Professor X, we got ourselves a mutant!

Oh man is that a good one. Cliffhanger my ass. It was resolved by Ian. As I already said, no one gives a shit about M25YL or Lara-Su have slumber parties and Julie-Su just sitting there with Sally trying to look sexy while talking about nothing other than Sonic & Knuckles. Is this man so blind that he actually believes the secondary characters that were created with the sole intention of making Sonic look good is actually stronger than Sonic as a character. Ha don't make me laugh Ken.

Oh and he claims that TL-SC posters and stands were huge attention gainers.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/487702048599584768

The stands may of been attention grabers but only on the front of "That looks like Sonic? What the hell is that?"

Oh man is that a good one. Cliffhanger my ass. It was resolved by Ian. As I already said, no one gives a shit about M25YL or Lara-Su have slumber parties and Julie-Su just sitting there with Sally trying to look sexy while talking about nothing other than Sonic & Knuckles. Is this man so blind that he actually believes the secondary characters that were created with the sole intention of making Sonic look good is actually stronger than Sonic as a character. Ha don't make me laugh Ken.

Oh and he claims that TL-SC posters and stands were huge attention gainers.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/487702048599584768

I.E. in Penders world, that means it was never resolved.

Also, yeah, those posters were attention grabbers... I highly doubt it's nearly as positive as he'd like to think.

Aye. I know that if I had NO knowledge of Penders or his run on the comic? I'd probably wonder if it was Sonic related, given the Not-Knuckles on the cover. 

... course, after talking to the man, I'd likely join the much larger crowd of people around the Freedom Planet booth, and enjoy myself much much more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Plus It's possible he talked people into taking pictures with the stands to make them seem popular.

I'm tempted to post something on Ken's Twitter, but at the same time I know there's no getting through that thick skull of his, so I better not. XD

*seriously every Archie Sonic fan in the world could post how pathetic all this is and he'd ignore every single one of us. :( * *le sigh*

God Almighty himself could descend from the heavens to PERSONALLY tell Penders he's a dick and explain why, and Penders would still refuse to acknowledge any wrongdoing on his end. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This is exactly why I wish he just release the damn comic already and get it over with. Sure it's wishful thinking, but maybe then the failure will get through his head.

God Almighty himself could descend from the heavens to PERSONALLY tell Penders he's a dick and explain why, and Penders would still refuse to acknowledge any wrongdoing on his end.

Can...can I use this as my signature!? Because it is just perfection! XD

This is exactly why I wish he just release the damn comic already and get it over with. Sure it's wishful thinking, but maybe then the failure will get through his head.

Well, he thinks The Lost Ones was a smash-hit best seller according to his trailer... I honestly think the man believes he's incapable of failure and is only surrounded by people looking to stifle his creative genius or steal his ideas.

Yeeah I can't see Qen 'winning over' anyone at this rate.

Not to mention, it's funny how he basically admits that no one recognized him and that he's only ever been 'successful' on Sonic, ever, and yet still not quite understand the implications.

Sonic has a huge fanbase, Cen, they're going to show up for the Sonic, not for you. If they were there for you, things would of gone a lot differently. I bet you good money the majority of the people who bought from him didn't come for him/didn't know he was on the guest roster and didn't care to know.

About the King Sonic's cliffhanger, I think that Penders will just considers that Sonic has vanished for good, since (1) he doesn't considers the works of other authors, (2) using a Sonic expy would be a bit too much, and (3) he doesn't carw that much about writing Sonic himself.

People keep talking about "Not-Knuckles", but isn't Lara-Su intended to be the exact same Lara-Su he apparently legally owns from the comics, rather than a reboot? Thus, the Praytwhatsit, who is her father, should be the same character that was her father in his Archie comics, aka Knuckles who just coincidentally decided not to go by his name anymore, as opposed to the presumably "This guy serves the same role but is totally a different character"?

Unlike Evil Sonic, who is a separate character who just happens to look just like a Sega character, story wise this guy's literally Archie Knuckles 20/25/whatever years later, which should be much more of an issue with Sega than any number of "original" Knuckles edits, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

This Lara-Su is technically a different one, although pretty much exactly the same as the old Archie one as far as I can tell. Its a new series with "absolutely NO ties to the Sonic series at all" (pfft). so Lara-Su's father is technically a different character with almost the same design.

Not to mention they are meant to be ALIENS

This Lara-Su is technically a different one, although pretty much exactly the same as the old Archie one as far as I can tell. Its a new series with "absolutely NO ties to the Sonic series at all" (pfft). so Lara-Su's father is technically a different character with almost the same design.

Not to mention they are meant to be ALIENS

The whole thing becomes more muddled when you take into account that he has claimed that this series will blend in SEAMLESSLY with his work on Archie and that he views it as finishing the tale he began there. 

And it's only gonna give Flanders more ammo. Reminds me of the time someone tried to make a SatAM fan animation, and the death threats scared him off.

• Thumbs Up 1