Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

This topic needs ugly Spectre somewhere visible on the page as opposed to just through off-site links.

tumblr_inline_n80fifxenq1re1bwb.png

Here will do.

This topic needs ugly Spectre somewhere visible on the page as opposed to just through off-site links.

Here will do.

Is he smoking a  futuristic cigar?

You now what, Penders honestly has me really confused, sure we have seen 2 or so designs of Lara-Su, but we have had nothing reccently.

As of now we have only seen two CGI models and one signed piece of artwork, neither of which is of Lara-Su, you know the MAIN character of his new book. Surely you would be marketing the fuck out of your main character (especially since they still probably look like a Sonic rip off) in order to get some sort of recognition, you know, let people get to know this character that the book will focus on.

Just seems blizzare that there have been like lap reccent artwork of his main character like at all!

@Johnny2071.

Okay dude. Real talk? I think you need to take some time off from this whole subject. Go see a movie, go read a book. Hell, go play a video game, it doesn't even have to be a Sonic one.

This is a subject that has apparently affected you deeply, as it has for many other fans of the comic. But this incredibly, highly negative (even for this board) attitude you have regarding Penders and the ownership of his characters is really.... well, it's not good, in any case.

This may sound really hypocritical of me, when the stats say that I'm the one who's posted the most on this thread (and trust me, that's something that I'm not proud of), but I try not to let what Penders is/has done ruin my day, or my enjoyment of the comic, in either the old continuity or the new.

I hate how entitled the man is, I hate that he suckered so many people into supporting him during the court case. And yes, I hate that Archie's lousy-ass filing & records keeping let him take advantage of copyright law and steal back characters he knew he had no right to own and created for a licenced comic that he doesn't, nor did he ever at any point, own.

But you know what, I try not to let that sour my day or upset me to the point that I completely obsess over him.

I won't be a jerk and post that "Stop Posting" image, but.... just try to do something that won't piss you off as much as this whole topic is making you feel.

I haven't done or said anything that people haven't already done or said.

Is this Pender's goal?! To give 15 year old girls nightmares?!?!

Normally I'm not one to paint someone as a cartoonish supervillain no matter how much I disagree with them, but you know what? Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised. :P

@Johnny2071.

Okay dude. Real talk? I think you need to take some time off from this whole subject. Go see a movie, go read a book. Hell, go play a video game, it doesn't even have to be a Sonic one.

This is a subject that has apparently affected you deeply, as it has for many other fans of the comic. But this incredibly, highly negative (even for this board) attitude you have regarding Penders and the ownership of his characters is really.... well, it's not good, in any case.

This may sound really hypocritical of me, when the stats say that I'm the one who's posted the most on this thread (and trust me, that's something that I'm not proud of), but I try not to let what Penders is/has done ruin my day, or my enjoyment of the comic, in either the old continuity or the new.

I hate how entitled the man is, I hate that he suckered so many people into supporting him during the court case. And yes, I hate that Archie's lousy-ass filing & records keeping let him take advantage of copyright law and steal back characters he knew he had no right to own and created for a licenced comic that he doesn't, nor did he ever at any point, own.

But you know what, I try not to let that sour my day or upset me to the point that I completely obsess over him.

I won't be a jerk and post that "Stop Posting" image, but.... just try to do something that won't piss you off as much as this whole topic is making you feel.

While I appreciate your intent, it really isn't anyone's place but the staff tell members when they should be booted from a topic, especially under the pretense of negativity.  So let's please refrain from that and stick to the report button if you feel someone is seriously overstepping their bounds. ^^;

• Thumbs Up 2

Here will do.

Now I'm not the best artist, but I do think Penders was being lazy on the actual body of the character by hiding it in a cape and making it mostly black with some metal parts and an attempt at drawing a fist.

So....does the smoke follow this guy around...or is there a fog machine in his cape or what?

Also now I want a Hawaiian Shirt Shadow with a pickled olive cigar...

Here will do.

... I don't get it. Is this guy supposed to be the Dimitri/Enerjak expy or one of Dr. Finitevus?

... I don't get it. Is this guy supposed to be the Dimitri/Enerjak expy or one of Dr. Finitevus?

No, he's one of Knuckles' clo-er, a member of the Brotherhood of Guardians.

You know, the always-angry cyborg guy?

Here will do.

Who's this guy supposed to be? The Darth Vader of Möbius?

I wonder what Not-Knuckles-But-It-Really-Is-Knuckles will look like...

Also now I want a Hawaiian Shirt Shadow with a pickled olive cigar...

FUTURE pickled olive cigar.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's supposed to be Spectre? O_O I honestly never would have guessed because he looks like Dimitri with a new Darth Vader esque look. Urgh Penders' artwork is a flipping eyesore.

Yeah I saw the ugly bug eyed "Echyd'na" Facebook banner too, and it's amazing how despite them being so called aliens they still look like Sonic style echidnas! I bet you any kid who walks past his stall come convention day will be like "Mommy look! It's Knuckles the cyborg!" or "It's Knuckles' butt ugly girlfriend, cool!"

Sure they have pug faces and Powerpuff Girl eyes, but they still look like Knux in some way, shape or form!

• Thumbs Up 1

This topic needs ugly Spectre somewhere visible on the page

It really doesn't

*bleaches eyes*

Ugh, I just the guy would choose another design for those "Echyd'na". I keep telling myself that he could do much better but then I realize this is Penders. 

Ugh, I just the guy would choose another design for those "Echyd'na". I keep telling myself that he could do much better but then I realize this is Penders. 

That's the core of it and the very sad reality of this farce. Despite everything, this does not have to suck. This does not have to be terrible. Anybody with an ounce of creativity and drive could do something with this, and I've seen more than a few artists do spectacular reimagings of Penders reimagings, putting in effort to make them LOOK like Aliens/Non-Sonic-Echidna. 

But as you said, this is Penders; he who does not have any real ability, drive or desire to actually be unique with what he has. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a dicussion with ken penders on twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/KenPenders/status/483319519767568385

He told me that he was bringing sonic, knuckles, and star trek comic books to FLSC.

Then, He posted this comment about if someone wants commisned art they need to email him ASAP.

Finally, I asked him if he was going to show a preview of the lara-su chornaclies, he said he was working on it. How long has he been working on it?

I had a dicussion with ken penders on twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/KenPenders/status/483319519767568385

He told me that he was bringing sonic, knuckles, and star trek comic books to FLSC.

Then, He posted this comment about if someone wants commisned art they need to email him ASAP.

Finally, I asked him if he was going to show a preview of the lara-su chornaclies, he said he was working on it. How long has he been working on it?

Ah, I believe I saw that. Doesn't surprise me he's digging through his archives; I doubt the original LSC prints will exactly go like hotcakes, but established properties, like Sonic and Star Trek, will. Won't surprise me in the least if he's using that as a marketing tactic as well.

He's been working on LSC for a few years now, even during the legal nonsense. The last script teaser he posted was back in... Februrary, I wanna say? No clue how much further he's gotten, but it would seem that, at the very least, he's serious enough to keep pushing this thing. Whether or not he'll take a hint when reality slaps him in the face is another story altogether.

I also just realized Super Con tickets are selling now (I thought they sold much earlier since I heard about it since way back in March or so), but considering I have some other things to deal with at the moment, I couldn't attend even if I wanted to at this point.

Edited by Zaysho

Here will do.

It's been a while seen I've read through the Sonic comics when Ken Penders' reign of terror, but... is that supposed to be Spectre?

Before:

255px-Spectre02.png

After:

I know I'm coming late for this, but what design is that supposed to be? Spectre looks like some kind of weird mixture of Darth Vader and Judge Dredd. I get the idea that Ken is trying to make him look badass, but the way he's drawn makes him look really awkward and silly. Man, as if Ken's drawings couldn't get anymore worse or confusing.

Spectre looks like some kind of weird mixture of Darth Vader and Judge Dredd.

And the pug from Men in Black.

alien62710_3_gallery.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I think It's meant to be Batman,Knuckles,Robocop blended into 1 hideous creature and made about 200% uglier.

There's still one more thing I don't understand:

Just what kind of story exactly is Penders trying to write? I know it involves Lara-Su, but wouldn't that involve a continuation of Mobius: 25 Years Later in some aspect, even though Penders took back all his characters and detach them from the Sonic franchise, while Flynn rewrote their entire comic universe, and Archie/Sega did not agree to making M:25YL the canon future.

Would this story by any chance involve the unknown zone that Thrash flung the echidnas into? Well I guess in theory that-

Rob O' the Hedge is SONIC!!! Mercian Sonic the Hedgehog! How could possible have any use for someone who is SONIC!? IT'S SONIC! Echidnas (Oh, sorry. How rude of me. I meant his preferred name "Echyd'nya") are one thing, but we're talking about a dopplerganger of one of the most iconic mascots in video game history.

Sorry about that, but I had to put that out there. Right now, I'm just trying to do a lot of research and get some insightful ideas as to what the whop is going on.

He's trying to claim that TL-SC continues the story of M25YL and people who care and wonder the outcome of these characters will love the book series despite the fact that is a load of crap considering the story was already continued with M30YL and we've already seen the outcomes of the story, Julie-Su is happily married to Knuckles and is out seeking peace. Lara-Su is learning more about her duties as Guardian, Sonic had led 5 years of peace etc, Lien-Da,Dimitri, and Ruben were a family most likely if when Shadow destroyed Lien-Da's time device, she changed into that timeline's version of Lien-Da rather than the original timeline Lien-Da etc. So we already knew the fate of these characters.  

He's trying to claim that TL-SC continues the story of M25YL and people who care and wonder the outcome of these characters will love the book series despite the fact that is a load of crap considering the story was already continued with M30YL and we've already seen the outcomes of the story, Julie-Su is happily married to Knuckles and is out seeking peace. Lara-Su is learning more about her duties as Guardian, Sonic had led 5 years of peace etc, Lien-Da,Dimitri, and Ruben were a family most likely if when Shadow destroyed Lien-Da's time device, she changed into that timeline's version of Lien-Da rather than the original timeline Lien-Da etc. So we already knew the fate of these characters.  

To Penders, anything that isn't written by him is non-canon, including M30YL.

• Thumbs Up 1