Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Tell me if this doesn't sound familiar:

A selfish and twister creator of things claims a large number of anthropomorphic characters against their will and the happiness of others, and drastically alters their physical appearances (and possible state of mind), just so they can on his own twisted one-sided desires.

Meanwhile, a small group of freedom fighters remain. However, there is some authority or government regulations that prevent our heroes from immediately punching this villian's lights out and being reunited with those who were taken away.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

I imagine Penders at a convention and all that comes to mind is Adam West at the convention in that one Fairly Odd Parents episode.

"Hey slugger, how would you like a signed copy of the Lara-Su Chronicles from I, Ken Penders? Who am I making it out to?"

"I don't want your autograph!"

*writing* "I-don't-want..."

• Thumbs Up 8

That would be how you could imagine him at a con but there's one slight thing that needs changed.

Ken:''Hi slugger, How would you like a copy of The Lara-Su Chronicles, written by me the amazing spectular most brilliant writer of all time aka Ken Penders, I'll even sign it for you!''

Random kid: *Sees Lien-Da and Lara-Su* Ewww what the heck are those things!? I don't want this awful book let alone for you to sign it!

Ken: *Starts writing on book* ''Eww-What-are-those...''

• Thumbs Up 1

....That.... that can't be real, is it.....

....It is, isn't it.

*inhale/exhale* You know, I could see him selling copies of the Archie Sonic books that he was involved with, probably charging $5-15 dollars for a signature, at some very minor con. Hell, I can imagine him with a garage full of unsold copies of Sonic Live! or Parallel Paradigm: The Image/Sonic crossover (or for that matter, Issue 1 and possibly even 2 of Lost Ones) that he'd be ready to foist upon an unsuspeciting customer since they are so old, they'd sell if only for sheer WTFery.

Hell, I can see him selling the one issue of Ian's run that he actually inked & lettered, since in his mind's eye, it's probably the best ink/letter that the book's had since he left.

But for an Ian/Tracy joint that he was not only not involved with, but is part of the run of a duo he's blasted in the past as not being up to snuff for his things? Wow, that is truly turning yourself into scum at the bottom of the barrel.

Or, what, let me guess: Ken thinks this was another idea that Ian stole from him, thus making it fair game since it "was originally HIS story idea" first?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry, but I cannot resist...

Fan version of Lara-Su Chronicles summary:

The citizens of Mobius once lived in peace and harmony...but that all changed when the Pendernik Empire attacked. Their leader, Kenucles Pendernik, with the power of the Pendericizer, turned the peaceful citizens of into his abominable creations, which formed the core of his Dark Legion. Only the Archietar, master of most Sonic Comics could stop him, but when the world needed them most, they botched it. Now about a few years have passed, and Pendernik controls what remains of the old Mobius, now mostly overrun with his Penderized minions. A small group of freedom fighters, led by the mother-daughter duo Julie-Su and Lara-Su are all that remains of the resistance against this tyrannical madman. But even they might be next...

• Thumbs Up 1

Just wondering but does anyone here ever visit Ken's forum. Trust me It's not a good forum :/ I'm not a member there myself but I do read what people say about Ken's new announcements and well there's mods who threaten to ban people for giving their opinions and getting a bit negative with Ken's work and also the same mod breaks his own rules by swearing on the forum and other things. At this point most of you probably know who I'm talking about.

I try to not go there unless I have to sojourn there to find a quote Ken/his fans have said about incredibly stupid STUPID stuff, like how Ken would try to claim Eggman Nega/Dr. Droid is actually an "Ultimate Comics" version of Robotnik.

But trust me, we are all aware of how nasty & hypocritical Ken & his mod BobR are under their thin veil of professionalism.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ultimate comics? As in Marvel's ultimate versions of characters?

Just wondering but does anyone here ever visit Ken's forum. Trust me It's not a good forum :/ I'm not a member there myself but I do read what people say about Ken's new announcements and well there's mods who threaten to ban people for giving their opinions and getting a bit negative with Ken's work and also the same mod breaks his own rules by swearing on the forum and other things. At this point most of you probably know who I'm talking about.

I poke around there from time to time. As I said in earlier post, it's basically a sewer. The hilarious thing about it though is that relatively few people there are unwavering fans of Penders; there's a handful of those, and most of the other people there seem to have a barely constrained amount of contempt for the man... there are numerous threads where people, politely or not, try to dissuade Penders from his path of stupidity or point out all the things wrong with his art and designs. It doesn't seem to make much difference whether they're nice about it or not, Penders just flat out refuses to listen to them; he either dodges the issue at hand, tries to distract them with something else, or ignores it. 

Ultimate comics? As in Marvel's ultimate versions of characters?

Sorta. 'Ultimate' basically means a variation of a longrunning comic series with multiple adaptations that is reinterpreted and reshaped using stuff from those adaptations while reinventing core ideas of the series. Marvel made the idea famous with its Ultimate line, and what gives us consternation is the idea that Droid is in anyway a legitimate counterpart/variant of Robotnik/Eggman, especially given his debut as the chief villain of Penders' doomed Lost Ones series. 

That would just reek of all kinds of stupid and would feel like a completely lazy attempt of getting people to read The Lost Ones by using Sonic. So in other words, It's the first time he tried to use the Sonic comic to try get people to read his stupid original works. What's the second time you ask?

Lara-Su_Pro-290x165.jpg

I never mentioned any of the other times, at least I don't remember if I did; the Droid thing is notable for the fact that he made the guy as a villain for The Lost Ones, and then later tried to have him canonically be an in-universe counterpart to Robotnik in the hopes of intrinsically tying the two works together, even going so far as to attempt to have Droid be the Ultimate Evil that Knuckles was destined to defeat in the future. You did however hit the nail on the head; that is precisely what it was, and needless to say it didn't work. 

Other than that, the closest that comes to mind is Penders trying desperately to still use the Sonic comic as a means of luring people into The Lara Su Chronicles, despite the changes he's made rendering that impossible. Despite no longer being on the comic, he's still trying to make use of it to promote his stuff in one way or the next... and just like the last time, its not really working. I have seen no excitement for this, anywhere. 

I doubt anyone other than Penders' lapdogs are excited. Almost everyone who has seen it can see it for what it is. A story written by a former writer who hasn't gotten over his writing and drawing problems from the 90's, who's bitter about Archie and Sega, who probably thinks he is the best thing to ever happen to comics, and a person who believes he knows what is best for the Sonic series despite him being what made it so bad and finally a person who has a ego the size of the moon (Seriously Ken? Savior of the Sonic series? Gave value to Knuckles? Yeah right whatever you say there Ken.) 

You are exactly right about him trying to use the Sonic comics as another means to promoting his own work but thankfully most fans of Sonic know that this story along with the art looks terrible and Ken is trying to just use his characters as a way to attempt to draw people in but his biggest mistake being that almost everyone liked his characters only when It was Ian who was writing for them, and most didn't like them when Ken wrote for them.

I did some research into the general idea of Droid from Penders' forum a while back:

It's still as inexplicably stupid now as it was when I first read it.

I saw that while reading over this thread. I have never, in my entire life, ever heard of any creator doing something like this or thinking like this. Well, I take that back. The only individual I have ever seen with logic even closely beginning to resemble that was none other than Christian Weston Chandler.... and while comparing Ken to him might cross a line given some of the horrible, criminal crap CWC has pulled, they DO tend to show a remarkably similar thought process when it comes to things. 

Just to be clear here, the reason Eggman Nega can't be used in the comics is because of Ken raising a stink about how Droid was meant to be a alternate version of Eggman?

Just to be clear here, the reason Eggman Nega can't be used in the comics is because of Ken raising a stink about how Droid was meant to be a alternate version of Eggman?

No, that one is due to another of SEGA's weird mandates... from best I can understand, they don't want anything about him to contradict what THEY might do. Which would be understandable enough if they used him for anything other than olympic spinoff games...

Okay, seriously, I know you're joking but anyone caught even suggesting violent actions being done to Ken Penders from this point onward will immediately get a strike.  Ken Penders is without a doubt a huge menace to the Archie comics, but we don't appreciate our members making light of his physical well-being.  It's dirty, hostile, and just not funny.  So please, let's not do that again.

I wasn't even suggesting anything to or against anyone. I'm only speaking the truth in a witty comparative manner.

What can I say at this point?

Was it the "punch his lights out" part? Read issue 134 if you didn't get the reference.

Ok, It was just with the sources that Biznizz posted, some was asking why Dr.Nega/Eggman Nega couldn't be used.

Ya know, If Lien-Da looked so bad in CGI, I don't even want to imagine what Lara-Su or Julie-Su will look like...

No, that one is due to another of SEGA's weird mandates... from best I can understand, they don't want anything about him to contradict what THEY might do. Which would be understandable enough if they used him for anything other than olympic spinoff games...

To be fair, the dude's got a bizarre backstory crisis that was only fairly recently nailed down - imagine if Ian said "he originates from the Sol Dimension" only for Sonic Team to say "he's from the future where Silver resides".

To be fair, the dude's got a bizarre backstory crisis that was only fairly recently nailed down - imagine if Ian said "he originates from the Sol Dimension" only for Sonic Team to say "he's from the future where Silver resides".

The only consistent thing that can be said about him is that he is a pathological liar.

More news from Twitter!

Ken has confirmed there will be stand outs of the characters so people can get their picture taken with them.

He also said he will be bringing books and original art to the con and will be doing commissions from fans as well.

Uh-huh? And what books would those be? Archie? Lost Ones? Or has he in fact got something finished? 

... hah. Penders. Finished. I make a funny. 

All he mentioned on Twitter was he was bringing books and art, he didn't mention if it was original, Lost Ones, or Sonic related.

As for your joke, that....that's a good one. Maybe at the con, he'll announce that he recently figured out Lara-Su's father will play a big part in the story.