Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Looking at this tweet and one of its responses, I looked to see if there was something like this for one of the Archie Sonic comic covers he did:

And lo and behold:

I don't know if I would consider this copying or paying homage (probably the latter) considering if what he says about John Romita being a mentor to him is true...

EDIT: Deleted link and saved/added pic of the issue in question.

STH27.webp

Edited by Promethean0416
Removing pic link/adding pic.
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

Looking at this tweet and one of its responses, I looked to see if there was something like this for one of the Archie Sonic comic covers he did:

And lo and behold:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/archiesonic/images/b/b7/STH27.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090329091652

I don't know if I would consider this copying or paying homage (probably the latter) considering if what he says about John Romita being a mentor to him is true...

RIP John.

The image seems to be broken.

11 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

RIP John.

The image seems to be broken.

You will have to right-click on "Open link in new tab" to see it. It's from the Archie Sonic wiki.

6 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

You will have to right-click on "Open link in new tab" to see it. It's from the Archie Sonic wiki.

I tried that too but it still comes back broken.

1 hour ago, PinkFloydMania said:

Cut everyting after .jpg off the url.

1 hour ago, PinkFloydMania said:

Okay, I fixed it. Had to do something different.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

And lo and behold:

EDIT: Deleted link and saved/added pic of the issue in question.

STH27.webp

I'd say this is, in fact, a homage. "Hero Gets Amnesia And Is Tricked Into Villainy By The Bad Guy" is a pretty common story trope in a lot of comics and cartoons in general. Heck, SatAM got in on it with No-Brainer.

• Thumbs Up 6

And he's getting ready to collect preorders on his shirts (spoilering again due to obvious reasons):

Spoiler

Other than that he looks like he tweaked Ernie Hud-excuse me, the Commander's torso, not much from the previous post aside from he fact it is now in shirt form.

And of course, like before, too much focus on the fluff, not enough on the actual product itself. Maybe he'll surprise everyone in July, but I'm not holding my breath...

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

And he's getting ready to collect preorders on his shirts (spoilering again due to obvious reasons):

Reveal hidden contents

Other than that he looks like he tweaked Ernie Hud-excuse me, the Commander's torso, not much from the previous post aside from he fact it is now in shirt form.

Fitting, given his start with essentially cloning Anthony Mackie.

The text is very cluttered. The logo (maybe crap) fits. The tagline at the top, unneeded but could work. SURVIVE!!!!! Draws eyes too much. You can barely look at the eyesore characters without your eyes drifting back to SURVIVE!!!

You'd have to pay me a fortune to wear that, even more in public.

"Graphic design is my passion".

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, Adamis said:

You'd have to pay me a fortune to wear that, even more in public.

"Graphic design is my passion".

Passion sure does not always equate to quality, it appears.

This t-shirt is accidentally hillarious to me, because with how small is the "fight to", I can't read it and I only read on the t-shirt "When your world comes to an end… SURVIVE!" which makes it like a very unhelpful advice, like a meme we had in french when someone said "You're sad ? Stop." XD

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

As someone who's taken marketing and advertising courses, I could write a whole essay on what's wrong with that shirt and it's design. 

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

As someone who's taken marketing abd advertising courses, I could write a whole essay on what's wrong with that shirt and it's design. 

Anyone with at least one working eye could do that. 

21 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

Funny, didn't he claim at one point that these two were one and the same?

Seems to be what he's saying still in a roundabout way.

Maybe I am misreading the tweet, but I felt if he made it one and the same, he would have mentioned it as such. Like, IIRC, Penders intended to use the name Shade as an alias for Julie-Su at one point. 

But again, maybe I am overthinking this... 

I really hate that he's basically getting away with theft because no one with the power to do so can be bothered to stop him.

The same age as Julie-Su. 

Like how this does not answer the question. 

Julie-Su is 16, 36, or 41 depending on the Timeline. 

Meanwhile Shade has been alive for thousands of years since time moves slower in the Twilight Cage. 

11 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

I really hate that he's basically getting away with theft because no one with the power to do so can be bothered to stop him.

Same, though not much can be done until he actually makes an attempt to profit off the character (not sure if the NFT attempt counts).

50 minutes ago, Mobotropolis said:

Like how this does not answer the question. 

Julie-Su is 16, 36, or 41 depending on the Timeline. 

Meanwhile Shade has been alive for thousands of years since time moves slower in the Twilight Cage. 

Yeah, it's vague and confusing at best and here's his follow-up response on that:

So...is this another attempt to change up the character from an alias?

Well, here he goes again with another attempt of his version of Kickstarter, which is...

...selling his "survival shirts" for $25-27 dollars a pop, with them coming out in Comic-Con. Hoo boy...

41 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

Well, here he goes again with another attempt of his version of Kickstarter, which is...

...selling his "survival shirts" for $25-27 dollars a pop, with them coming out in Comic-Con. Hoo boy...

How can this be a kickstarter?  He would just be selling his merchandise like any other creator would. If he wants a kickstarter, then just start a GoFundMe or a kickstarter.

Another bit of an update along with his usual blah blah blah, getting stuff done, yada yada yada:

Even though it was said months ago it was ready for release? (I am thinking he means The Republic, as I am sure his other film is still in development hell)